Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! (26958 Views)

Help ! We Can't Access Our Late Dad's Account At Eco Bank / Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / I’ll Never Claim My Dad’s Money. I’d Rather Work For Mine – Mike Adenuga’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by eagleeye2: 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:
Good morning Nairalanders.

Few months ago I sought for help from this forum in my post titled "I'm About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension Bankers/Lawers Help", of which I received good comments.

One of those comments was for me to approach the court for a "Letter Of Administration" if I'm the next of kin or the beneficiary to my dad's properties.

After a long process at the court, I was finally issued with the said letter. I then took the letter to the bank where my dad was operating after being advised to open an Estate Account.

I then applied for Estate Account, but up till today they (bank) have refused to open that account giving flimsy excuse always. I'm beginning to suspect foul play from the bank.

Can I open such account in another bank while presenting the bank my dad was operating with account number for the money to be transfered in or sue the bank while they pay for damages?

HELP!!!
Why don't you save yourself the headache and hire a lawyer?
Or if you really want to make noise take the matter to social media and tag the bank on Twitter.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by West2019(m): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2019
femi4:
Go and work for your money....let your Dad's money go to charity
guy u get bad mouth so.he should leave the money for dem abi, if ur dad a landlord anytime he die I will come and claim the Hus cos u have to go nd wrk for ur money nd build ur own Hus

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Wizywiz(m): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2019
femi4:
must u comment
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by gbagyiza: 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
femi4:

Which kind of comment is this? So, he should leave his father's sweat to go to a place that the man in question did not recommend before his demise. If he fails to recover that money his father's spirit will not spare him because the man made him the beneficiary of the said money.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by eagleeye2: 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:
Please for the sensitivity of the issue I won't mention the bank's name. The only thing left is for that bank to open an estate account and transfer in the money, which they are frustrating
You embolden them when you protect their name from being mentioned.

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Omolomo4eva(m): 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2019
bisi16:
The Ogas want to chop that money. That’s the only reason they’re frustrating your efforts.
EXACTLY,DATS THEIR AIM
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by grandpoh(m): 12:27pm On Sep 17, 2019
Same case here,Even court never give me letter of administration and all documents were filed by a notable lawyer
For over five months now its still same excuse,court is saying government has frozen the judiciary account hence they can't do publication yet.....
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by jojomario(m): 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2019
Escalate the issue by going to the head office. Write an official mail to the bank and copy all necessary departments. Go on social media to escalate it as well. It will be sorted ASAP.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by adanny01(m): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2019
skentelelady:

Why are you pained Is it because you don't have any inheritance left in your name or you are not recognised as the next of kin? ?? It is his responsibility and the NoK to claim what is right for his family on his father's behalf.

Op please contact the top guys in the bank through email. It happened to someone I know. She was invited by the MD for questioning and her benefits her released ASAP.

It's always the branch managers or account officer that love to play this pranks but once to stand your feet with boldness, you are good to go

If you still didn't get what you want , use social media but I will advise you play smart and act cool

All the best

This is the best method honestly.

A lawyer will be a total waste of money, instead of lawyer fees, you can sacrifice that fees to the branch manager or account manager of the said bank. They may want higher but just negotiate.

Their aim is to frustrate and get you desperate into proposing such a deal yourself because they dont want to approach you for the deal not knowing how you will behave to such corrupt moves.

Write the bank MD on his personal or direct email attaching your details.

I once wrote an email to postmaster general of NIPOST due to overcharging for receiving international post by their staff which i recorded a spy video of him and our altercation. They refused to help me on Twitter or their official complaint email. When I emailed the PMG I was called by his PA 24hrs later and the staff was almost fired. The staff had to proof that it was an instruction the came from a regional head. They were later sent a circular to effect the correct charges and issue valid receipt. The staff saw me apologized and encouraged me to use their services.

My 2 cents are discuss with the bank Manager or acc officer while recording with a spy cam and/or email the MD directly. The reason for and/or is you either settle with the branch or use the video against them to the MD or go to the MD without a video.

That Twitter or lawyer thing rarely helps.

4 Likes

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Sanchez01: 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:
Please for the sensitivity of the issue I won't mention the bank's name. The only thing left is for that bank to open an estate account and transfer in the money, which they are frustrating
You're so cluessless! Call out the bank and watch them call you to apologize via the post on the forum. I called a bank out on the forum some three years ago and I got a VIP treatment despite the post not making FP.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by geraldo077: 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2019
Please get a lawyer ASAP....This banks know what they are doing, but with a lawyer they would cooperate faster to avoid being dragged into a lawsuit...
Even when you can do things yourself, there is a limit you can get to.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by aremusegun(m): 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:

Few months ago I sought for help from this forum in my post titled "I'm About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension Bankers/Lawers Help", of which I received good comments.

One of those comments was for me to approach the court for a "Letter Of Administration" if I'm the next of kin or the beneficiary to my dad's properties.

After a long process at the court, I was finally issued with the said letter. I then took the letter to the bank where my dad was operating after being advised to open an Estate Account.

I then applied for Estate Account, but up till today they (bank) have refused to open that account giving flimsy excuse always. I'm beginning to suspect foul play from the bank.

Can I open such account in another bank while presenting the bank my dad was operating with account number for the money to be transfered in or sue the bank while they pay for damages?

HELP!!!
............ YOU CAN DISCUSS WITH UNITED CAPITAL TRUSTEES LTD......We will sort this out for you asap....https://www.unitedcapitalplcgroup.com/trustees/our-business/

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by frozen70(f): 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:

HELP!!!

Why not walk up to the manager and find out why they are turning you around

Whatever their requirement is, get it for them

Alternatively, you can go to another branch of the same bank and make further enquiries, to know if they are playing smart in you

If you meet up the requirements from another branch, go back to them and let them know that a branch is willing to accept your request
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Follybanty: 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:

HELP!!!
you will have to go back to the court their will tell you what to do you don't have business with the bank
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Elation2019: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
They had profile you and discovered you did not worth alot.
Therefore, they don't attached any importance to your request.

If you can follow below, you will smile:

Go thier Twitter page.
Ask them to prioritize your request that have been pending for xyz days (Do not provide details)
Ensure you twitte the MD as well.
They will call you immediately.

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by ChristineC: 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2019
femi4:

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by leighcon(m): 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2019
Unfortunately, we cannot imagine the reasons given, hence, no help can be offered.

Go back to the bank, let them tell you all the outstanding things, let them list them in a piece of paper for you, post the outstanding things here and we will tell you what to do.

Tag me when you post the list, we will help you ou.

Pinkybush:

HELP!!!
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by muffyt05: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2019
Ademoore07:
I'm sorry to say u are not very close to your dad b4 his demise. I have all my parents account number, ATM passwords and online transactions pins. They release everything to me freely. I only transact business with the accounts based on their instruction. This should have helped resolved your stress.

Not all parents are as open and transparent as yours.

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Edyice: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2019
Just go to the head quarter of the bank and explain to them ... If they didn't say anything good , I will give u a good lawyer for follow up
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by 1johnjohn(m): 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2019
femi4:

How would you feel...if thats said to kids?
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Desystem: 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:

HELP!!!

Engage the service of a Lawyer. He will charge you,but you will smile at the e d of the day.

Thank you
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by leighcon(m): 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2019
Unfortunately, we cannot imagine the reasons given, hence, no help can be offered.

Go back to the bank, let them tell you all the outstanding things, let them list them in a piece of paper for you, post the outstanding things here and we will tell you what to do.

Tag me when you post the list, we will help you ou.

Pinkybush:

HELP!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by collinsVP: 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2019
If the process has not changed, i went through same process couple of years ago.

Went through ministry of justice, got LOA sent to bank. Made a scene in the bank hall after an attempt to frustrate me.

Subsequently they sent the letter to probate and wrote cheque in the name of ministry of justice, who received, cut their own charges and gave me another cheque written in my own name against their own account in another bank.

I went and cashed the cheque. Finished.

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by bonnyhope: 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2019
femi4:

would you have done the same if you were the one?

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Olorunnim: 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2019
Lawyer the fvck up grin
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by 1johnjohn(m): 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hey bro..I.have funds in the uk and shares/dividends..to be collected the man handling at d court is playing around..after giving him all the money he asked for..the LA is yet to come out...pls get in touch..need to know its itsh done.
For others..its better to let your folks do a will before they pass away..its save time and money
Goodluck.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Telelimit(m): 12:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
i will like to help u with no cost, i am lawyer. contact me if u need me to assist u via pedro.shell14@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by OKorowanta: 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:
Yes I submitted the LOA and Death Certificate to the bank, filled the form for the said account. They even said that they have done the search to confirm the authenticity of those documents and found them to be true copies. But the reason they have refused to open that account is what I don't know.

Did they ask you to submit other people estate account owners as referees?
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by bigiyaro(m): 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:
Oga, why won't you mention the bank's name? maybe, its the branch staff that is trying to be funny, pls mention the banks name let's help you in asking them, why they won't open d account for u, maybe d top management will get to hear of it, and solve ur issue.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by jahlove4jah: 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
Send a mail to the bank and ask them to update you on what is holding them from processing your request.
Give them 2 weeks to complete your request and revert to you. If they fail, write to central bank and copy the bank stating your request and evidence that you have contacted the bank.(print out the copy of the mail you sent to the bank) and attach it with the court document and attach it to the mail to central bank.
All the best.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Jokerman(m): 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2019
Japsylee:

Ignorance is a horrible disease.
Try and be better read and exposed. Will help you.

Shut up Ole... Pay him his fathers entitlement ... Ole

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emefiele Apologizes To Nigerians For Online Transaction Failures (Video) / Naira Gains As Politicians Pump ‘election Dollars’ Into Economy / Bill Gates Drops In Billionaire Ranking After Stock Transfers To Ex-Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.