Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! (26642 Views)

Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? / I’ll Never Claim My Dad’s Money. I’d Rather Work For Mine – Mike Adenuga’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by CeterisXVII: 10:35pm On Sep 20, 2019
elchariotlp:
You are absolutely correct but law isn't technical. Once there is an objection against a valid LA, the Bank may be reluctant to release the money.

The reason is that it is better to hold the money while the family sort their differences rather than release the money and be directed by Court to pay to another party.

Mind you, once there is a protest letter against a Letter of Admin, it's safer to thread with caution as they may likely end up in court
The OP never said there was a caveat on the letter of administration. If there was one, the bank would have said so, and he would have been notified after checking with the probate registry. But that was NOT what happened in this case.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by elchariotlp: 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2019
CeterisXVII:

The OP never said there was a caveat on the letter of administration. If there was one, the bank would have said so, and he would have been notified after checking with the probate registry. But that was NOT what happened in this case.

There is nothing like a Caveat on a LA. Again, I merely reacted to your response and not to the OP.

There are several reasons why a Bank my dishonor or delay in granting the instruction of the Administrators of an Estate. Unfortunately, the Bank here has not communicated there reason and all we are doing to speculate.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by kowema(f): 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
Harrybam72:
Juz pass through this 2months ago. Same delay and unnecessary excuses after securing the "letter of administration" from the court and submitting to the bank as required. Buh las las there was a day I went to the bank, the manager wasn't polite to me @all but I gave it to him hot hot. Left the bank in anger. Got home, pick up my phone & place a call to the CUSTOMER CARE line to report. I wasn't satisfy with that so I sent a mail to the headquarters uploading necessary documents & also tagging CBN on same mail. Finally I got my entitlement within 1week.

Hi, please I'd like to know if ur dads money was equally contributory pension
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by CeterisXVII: 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
elchariotlp:
There is nothing like a Caveat on a LA. Again, I merely reacted to your response and not to the OP.

There are several reasons why a Bank my dishonor or delay in granting the instruction of the Administrators of an Estate. Unfortunately, the Bank here has not communicated there reason and all we are doing to speculate.
A caveat can be raised in objection to the filing of letters of administration, at the probate registry. The letter of administration will not be issued, until the caveat is lifted.

But once the caveat is removed, and the letters are duly issued by the probate registry with the names of the administrators listed in it, then the bank has NO right to sit upon the deceased's account.

So what excuse is the bank giving for not releasing the money in the deceased's account, even after they have received a duly signed and approved letter of administration, issued by the probate court?

I dare such a bank to put their objections or refusal to release the money into writing, after receiving an authorized LOA.

If the rest of the deceased's family has a problem with the release of the fund's in the deceased's account, let them go to court and sue the administrators of the estate.

That is the way it is done. It is not the business of the bank.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 24, 2019
kowema:

Hi, please I'd like to know if ur dads money was equally contributory pension
It wasn't. Juz savings & monthly pension salaries. Buh Juz know that anything that is in your late dad/mum account is ur entitlement, Juz provide the requirements and please be very careful, seek for guidance because My inexperience made me loss 510k, they claim it will be returned back to the state govt..
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by 1johnjohn(m): 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
Harrybam72:

It wasn't. Juz savings & monthly pension salaries. Buh Juz know that anything that is in your late dad/mum account is ur entitlement, Juz provide the requirements and please be very careful, seek for guidance because My inexperience made me loss 510k, they claim it will be returned back to the state govt..

Am sorry to.hear this pls..
Pls what happened kindly share your experience with Us...am going through one.as we speak
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Nature130: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2019
Pinkybush:
Good morning Nairalanders.

Few months ago I sought for help from this forum in my post titled "I'm About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension Bankers/Lawers Help", of which I received good comments.

One of those comments was for me to approach the court for a "Letter Of Administration" if I'm the next of kin or the beneficiary to my dad's properties.

After a long process at the court, I was finally issued with the said letter. I then took the letter to the bank where my dad was operating after being advised to open an Estate Account.

I then applied for Estate Account, but up till today they (bank) have refused to open that account giving flimsy excuse always. I'm beginning to suspect foul play from the bank.

Can I open such account in another bank while presenting the bank my dad was operating with account number for the money to be transfered in or sue the bank while they pay for damages?

HELP!!!

If you are sure of what you are saying, then Human Right Radio, Abuja can help you.
You'll be surprised by the number of lawyers and bankers that will stand for you.

Thank me later
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by luluosas(m): 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
You funny
Crazeworld:
Lol. Even bank na coded yahoo organization grin

Meanwhile, I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MMM Federal Republic Of Nigeria / Naira Strengthens To N435/$ On CBN Dollar Glut / How To Start Plantain Chips Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.