Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) (42999 Views)

Again, South-east Leads In WASSCE Performance Chart / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by michael1508: 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
we are done with party politics yet PDP won in Osun when lasun was better than Adeleke by the debates see next elections is between PDP and APC the earlier you guys realize the better to aviod unnecessary heartbreak obi and labour won't get beyond 2m votes that's if e reach self the online world isn't reality
When I said we are moving away from party politics,you and I know it's not an overnight affair,it's a movement anchored by the youths.
Osun politics is a different from national politics.
Osun is made up of just one ethnicity compared to a Nigeria at large,they choose who they think is better for them,not minding if Lasun might be potentially better or not,Adeleke ain't a bad choice either.
You will agree with me that the Osun election was a bit transparent which is a right direction in Nigerian politics.
Now,when it comes to Obi,Atiku and Tinubu,they have all had their share of holding the mantle one way or the other on the big stage when Nigeria politics is concerned,couple with historical credibility.
Don't underestimate the social media support Obi is getting,alot has been gained through this same platform in recent times,from serious to non serious agendas.
The only challenge Obi might be having now,which is the reality of Nigeria politics,is the North,they need awareness about him over there which I believe it's happening already, do not forget he is not running the race alone,he is with a credible northern vice Presidential candidate.
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by AsawanaDgreat: 4:58pm On Jul 24, 2022
JohnnyPalmer:
All these Tinubu Urchins dig out Graves just to soil Peter Obi's name

Imagine 2010 grin grin
If we investigate this matter, we will find the case not to be true or misrepresented and projected just like the false claims and accusations in the past

Obidient is a movement

Like for Peter Obi
Share for Tinubu
Obidient all the way
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by AsawanaDgreat: 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
ASUU will always see reason to apportion blame
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by CommonSense1967: 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ericnrm:

Chief would you agree that it doesn’t make sense first of all to compare Anambra that was decimated during the war and created officially in 1991 to Lagos that was an FCT since time immemorial? Looking at the revenue of Lagos to Tinubu’s performance as governor would you really say he accomplished anything special? Hope you know that every police CP that PO worked with and his ADC were all Northerners so the issue of tribal sentiment doesn’t even cut it if you ask me, also judging from Anambra’s revenue to development ratio even the UN recognized PO for meeting the MDGs set aside for leaders across the world to follow. Besides that fact, look at the antecedents of Tinubu both in and out of office, why is it that once you oppose him or seem to not follow his way of thinking he does everything he can to remove you or frustrate you even at the detriment of the masses? The commonwealth of Lagos for more than a decade has been used to fund one man’s personal ambition and opulent lifestyle of him and his family not to mention the various controversies of fraud, drug related money laundering, paying of million dollar houses abroad in CASH for his daughters and much more, does that tell you that he has the interest of Nigerians at heart? If Lagos were not blessed to have had a seaport and being a former FCT do you think the achievements you cited would have been possible? Lest we forget the same “smart capable hands” you say he identifies have been embroiled in one corruption case or the other numerous times abi is it the case of Alpha Beta where the man credited with founding it revealed that BAT collects as much as 70% of money generated from tax collection? C’mon bro you can do better honestly

First of all let's get some facts right - When Tinubu became Governor he found out that some few people were milking the State via tax collection. This was how the scheme worked, if company owed the State 1 Billion Naira, they will make a deal with the company to pay a fraction while they share the rest among themselves. This was why the state IGR was so low. Tinubu as an accountant came in and put an end to that, they went form 800 M to 16 Billion. Was there some ethical violations? yes, but the State was able to collect a lot more than they were collecting previously. I know family members who were scheming the State via this tax collecting before Tinubu, they were rich as hell while the State was suffering. Now they all hate Tinubu for scraping the old archaic corrupt system.
You pointed to the ADC being all Northerners but you ignored that fact that Tinubu appointed Igbos into his cabinet. the financial guy Akabueze is still the longest servicing Politician in Lagos and he's from the SE. My fore fathers are from Lagos State and a lot of my people are mad at Tinubu for appointing others from other States, I hear this as their main grouse against him on daily basis.
You also ignored a known fact that Obi invested Anambra's money into his won family business (Obi himself admitted that he did), what can be more corrupt than that? Obi has money hidden in foreign account used by corrupts politicians to hide money as exposed by the Pandora papers but you faint ignorance of that while remembering all that false and unproven accusation/allegations against Tinubu. Well done grin
Is Obi a saint? HELL NO. not even close.
Pls stop spreading fake news about Tinubu collecting 70 Percent of Lagos IGR, that's simply comedic.
I wish you good luck with Obi, but I'm confidently confident that Tinubu is the Next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Have a good day. Peace.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by Ericnrm(m): 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2022
CommonSense1967:

First of all let's get some facts right - When Tinubu became Governor he found out that some few people were milking the State via tax collection. This was how the scheme worked, if company owed the State 1 Billion Naira, they will make a deal with the company to pay a fraction while they share the rest among themselves. This was why the state IGR was so low. Tinubu as an accountant came in and put an end to that, they went form 800 M to 16 Billion. Was there some ethical violations? yes, but the State was able to collect a lot more than they were collecting previously. I know family members who were scheming the State via this tax collecting before Tinubu, they were rich as hell while the State was suffering. Now they all hate Tinubu for scraping the old archaic corrupt system.
You pointed to the ADC being all Northerners but you ignored that fact that Tinubu appointed Igbos into his cabinet. the financial guy Akabueze is still the longest servicing Politician in Lagos and he's from the SE. My fore fathers are from Lagos State and a lot of my people are mad at Tinubu for appointing others from other States, I hear this as their main grouse against him on daily basis.
You also ignored a known fact that Obi invested Anambra's money into his won family business (Obi himself admitted that he did), what can be more corrupt than that? Obi has money hidden in foreign account used by corrupts politicians to hide money as exposed by the Pandora papers but you faint ignorance of that while remembering all that false and unproven accusation/allegations against Tinubu. Well done grin
Is Obi a saint? HELL NO. not even close.
Pls stop spreading fake news about Tinubu collecting 70 Percent of Lagos IGR, that's simply comedic.
I wish you good luck with Obi, but I'm confidently confident that Tinubu is the Next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Have a good day. Peace.

Can you point me to what family business PO invested the state’s money into? Let’s start from there first then secondly about the money in offshore accounts, that’s not illegal sir and if you understood how financial vehicles worked you’d know that EVERY person of wealth from Zuckerberg to Bezos to Musk to even Ronaldo all try to avoid paying unnecessary taxes which is why they move good sums of money to tax free havens. Till today no case has been presented about him by the EFCC. Secondly, I’m not the one saying that Tinubu owns a 70% share in a ABC that is what Dapo Apara accused BAT of before Tinubu agreed to settle out of court for fear of his underhanded dealings coming to light. I will be attaching pictures and a link as well for your perusal and would be waiting for your evidence on PO’s alleged family business. In the meantime what do you have to say about Tinubu’s unemployed daughters purchasing apartments in New York in cash Shalom brother

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/419179-tinubu-alpha-beta-others-accused-of-fraud-tax-evasion-money-laundering.html

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by kenny1313(m): 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2022
Sowore is the only Real Change. Other are two side of same coin.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by CommonSense1967: 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ericnrm:

Can you point me to what family business PO invested the state’s money into? Let’s start from there first then secondly about the money in offshore accounts, that’s not illegal sir and if you understood how financial vehicles worked you’d know that EVERY person of wealth from Zuckerberg to Bezos to Musk to even Ronaldo all try to avoid paying unnecessary taxes which is why they move good sums of money to tax free havens. Till today no case has been presented about him by the EFCC. Secondly, I’m not the one saying that Tinubu owns a 70% share in a ABC that is what Dapo Apara accused BAT of before Tinubu agreed to settle out of court for fear of his underhanded dealings coming to light. I will be attaching pictures and a link as well for your perusal and would be waiting for your evidence on PO’s alleged family business. In the meantime what do you have to say about Tinubu’s unemployed daughters purchasing apartments in New York in cash Shalom brother

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/419179-tinubu-alpha-beta-others-accused-of-fraud-tax-evasion-money-laundering.html

https://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by caleboxylic: 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by Ericnrm(m): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by ogatboy(m): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2022
Commentor:

Obi did not care.

The strike in Anambra state was for 6 months.

He did not care but he was having meetings and not giving directive to one commissioner or minister.

You guys are really grasping for straws. If una find straw to hold for Obi head, call me, I go help you draw the straw

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by Commentor: 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
ogatboy:

He did not care but he was having meetings and not giving directive to one commissioner or minister.

You guys are really grasping for straws. If una find straw to hold for Obi head, call me, I go help you draw the straw

Meetings after 6 months?

Na because no you dey school dat time.
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by Ericnrm(m): 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
Commentor:

Meetings after 6 months?

Na because no you dey school dat time.

He tried to come to an agreement with them which they refused to multiple times, he even tried to increase their salaries which they initially refused as well. What more did you want from him?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/we-ve-fulfilled-our-agreement-with-ASUU-obi/
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by CommonSense1967: 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by GodisFirst: 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
Aldol:

Na so una use this una stubbornness of I no go hear bring Buhari for us
These signals never reach for you to have a deep thought?
If someone cannot handle a state effectively, how then will he govern a whole country
Think Think Think

Peter Obi is tested and trusted. We have every assurance that he will deliver. All we ask is that Nigeria as impoverished as it is now due to APC mismanagement of the economy and security, should not waste the money they borrowed for just election but to unanimously handover seat of power to Peter Obi and Yusuf Datti.
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by Fabians009(m): 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
And the lingering strike of ASUU across the Nation uptill date is Obi fault?. Money will not deceive you and come and deceive me too.
I will vote for Peter Obi even in my dreams.
NOBLEICT:

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/oct/30/national-30-10-2010-0019.htm
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by Fabians009(m): 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
There is a saying that goes "an healthy man is a wealthy man". You think too. Let someone that don't feel entitle rule atleast there's a sense of people within him.
Aldol:

If someone cannot handle a state effectively, how then will he govern a whole country
Think Think Think
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by pquaver(m): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
Es350:
Seun, na so Obi pepper you reach?

Imagine bringing a thread from 2010 (12 years ago) to discredit a candidate meanwhile ASUU has being on strike for the past 5months and counting under agabado party.

You people should try to have small shame honestly. Lmao. grin

Is obi in 2010 not the same one running for office now? The atiku and Tinubu you have been insulting are they in government today? Is NT things u feel the did years ah u have been shouting about. Oga go sit down.. Wind down blow we Don see foul yansh

1 Like

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by FrauleinBlossom(f): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
Lol, they are using ASUU now. Well, we'll see how it goes..

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by Ericnrm(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
CommonSense1967:

https://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares

Seen, but he said it there himself chief. Next Intl Ltd was a company formed in 1988 and he left as Chairman of the board before he delved into politics and has had no association with it since. He was offered 15% stake in International Breweries greenfield facility for bringing them to the state but he gave 10% to the state govt and remitted 5% to Next. It’s all there in black and white. He never TOOK those monies it was offered to him for facilitating a deal and one which he never benefited from personally. Now how about this?

https://saharareporters.com/2007/10/28/bola-tinubu%E2%80%99s-140-million-v-mobile-deal-exposed-pointblanknewscom
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by LZAA: 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
Iceberg3:

Lzaa come and see this deeply concerned self appointed afonja minister of Igbo affairs OOOO grin grin grin
Naso

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by Ericnrm(m): 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2022

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by pquaver(m): 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
Fabians009:
There is a saying that goes "an healthy man is a wealthy man". You think too. Let someone that don't feel entitle rule atleast there's a sense of people within him.

It is the same I n go gree you dey do now.. The obi sin are coming out and u refuse to heed advice. Abi na ony u get monopoly of wisdom? No be same una vote Ikpeazu?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by pquaver(m): 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
Aldol:

Think Think Think

It is the same I n go gree you dey do now.. The obi sin are coming out and u refuse to heed advice. Abi na ony u get monopoly of wisdom? No be same una vote Ikpeazu?
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by pquaver(m): 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
amliftedhigher:

Obi is the best among the thieves and drug pushers who want to be the president

In your view... Keep to yourself.. To some he is still a big thief.. It is even scary with him that thief and lie. Than people who thief and still show u them thief
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by newnigerdelta1: 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2022
JohnnyPalmer:
All these Tinubu Urchins dig out Graves just to soil Peter Obi's name

Imagine 2010 grin grin
If we investigate this matter, we will find the case not to be true or misrepresented and projected just like the false claims and accusations in the past

Obidient is a movement

Which mumu movement,na to dey nairaland dey fool owner obi in vain self.......

Like for Peter Obi
Share for Tinubu
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by Anndrew(m): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ericnrm:

Name of the village you stayed at chief and what year did this “trip” take place?
lolz..maybe na osuofia village chief them..to many propagandist people
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by sylvok: 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
Obi inherited the ASUU problem but before he left office he solved hem. Pulling up 2010 News before the problem was solved just to deceive the public is mischievous. Obi never handed striking ASUU to his predecessor.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by Anndrew(m): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
CommonSense1967:

Nice try. At least you are employing the right tactics to get people to vote for Obi. grin

Tinubu is my candidate for obvious reasons - Nigeria is a mess and we need capable hands that can deliver right away.
Tinubu is not a saint, no one is a saint in Nigeria. But he has the knack for identifying smart capable hands from all nooks and corners of Nigeria.
That's my main reason for planning on voting for Tinubu. Sentiments apart, he has better records in terms of delivery than all the other candidates.
Obi is young and smart but he does not have any record from been the Governor of Anambra that gives me the confidence that he can do better for Nigeria. Tinubu with all his faults has demonstrated the ability to overlook tribal and religious sentiments to appoint and promote smart intelligent and capable hands to direct the affairs of the State. That's what Nigeria needs more than anything else.
No one person can solve the problem of Nigeria even if you have PDH from Harvard and MIT.
Lagos is a mess, yeah but in terms of development it's still way ahead and far above all other regions of the country.
While Tinubu will take the blames for the mess, he also has to take the credit for the good part too.

Tinubu is my candidate, if Tinubu wasn't running I might have considered Obi.
am sorry to say,ekuke get brain pass u
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by sylvok: 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
Obi inherited the ASUU problem but before he left office he solved them. Pulling up 2010 News before the problem was solved just to deceive the public is mischievous. Obi never handed striking ASUU to his predecessor.
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by Ericnrm(m): 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
Anndrew:
lolz..maybe na osuofia village chief them..to many propagandist people

grin grin grin
I tire bro, at this point they’re just genuinely looking for anything to attack PO. I was expecting them to even bring a pending fraud case or so
Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by Obiorahpcfg: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
CommonSense1967:
Peter Obi-tuary is a fraud. Anambra State capital Awka, looks like a village.
Is this the kind of development that Nigeria wants grin
mumu

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Body Of Ondo JSS Student Recovered 3 Days After She Was Swept Away / My 3-Year-Old Son Can't Read Or Write Letters, Please Help / ::: Funny Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During An Examination::: ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.