Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

My France Picture Gallery - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My France Picture Gallery (138778 Views)

How Do I Appeal My France Tourist Visa / Nike Art Gallery, Freedom Park & National Museum In Pictures / Issues With My France Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:58pm On May 07, 2020
So this is Audencia Business School. An old business school in France. They celebrated 120 years of existence January this year.

10 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:00pm On May 07, 2020
I got to the boundary between Ecole Centrale Audencia and Fac De Lettres and turned back. Didn't want to reach University De Nantes since it's so quite out there and I seem to be the only one out.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:02pm On May 07, 2020
As I headed back, it was getting dark. I came back 9:35pm. Now, I have to revise some stuff ahead of my exam tomorrow. Good night.

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by dejt4u(m): 9:11pm On May 07, 2020
mrphysics:
As I headed back, it was getting dark. I came back 9:35pm. Now, I have to revise some stuff ahead of my exam tomorrow. Good night.
I wish you the very best in your exams bro.

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:18pm On May 07, 2020
dejt4u:
I wish you the very best in your exams bro.

Thank you so much bro. I am most grateful.
Re: My France Picture Gallery by Brightfab(m): 9:22pm On May 07, 2020
Wishing you success bro
mrphysics:

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Eaztzide: 9:50pm On May 07, 2020
mrphysics:
Good luck bro. I pray for retentive memory.
But how do you guys manage to sleep when the night is still bright like this mostly for the early sleepers.

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by odinga1of: 11:35pm On May 07, 2020
mrphysics:

Thank you so much bro. I am most grateful.

Wishing you success Boss

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by kolladey(m): 6:22am On May 08, 2020
mrphysics:
Wishing you outstanding success.

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by demmy79: 9:34am On May 08, 2020
mrphysics:
Enjoy France as at today
. u make me miss France ooo and my naijafriends and French friends.....love be there for holiday very soon...A bientot

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Boyhood: 11:58pm On May 08, 2020
uzedo1:

Most price of commodity will be reduced, more job opportunities will be created and so many hidden benefits. I get your point now. We need to diversify power generation in Nigeria.

But if I may ask. Since you're widely read, I believe after you post graduate studies, you can also bring power investors to Nigeria, instead of settling down to engage in your former place of work. By so doing, you have brought little change in the country even though people might not notice it.
Power generation for commercial purpose is on the exclusive list in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by LordShiva97(m): 11:09am On May 10, 2020
I found this thread while exploring the travel section yesterday afternoon and I have read every single sentence, seen every picture and followed the entire conversation made on all the 33 pages of this thread. This is right up there with the best threads I have seen on this forum in the three years I have been on Nairaland. Apart from the unfortunate SA vs Nigeria dick-contesting folks who made futile attempts to derail it like they do all over Nairaland, this thread is perfect: it's educative, humorous, engaging, inspiring and all shades of awesome. The hours I spent reading it were well invested.

To the OP, Mrphysics, THANK YOU for taking us along in your sojourn in France and GOODLUCK in all your studies and hustle.

Jisie ike smiley
Daalu rinne smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My France Picture Gallery by AndreSalvatore: 6:12pm On May 10, 2020
So tell us, how did ur ikxam go?

3 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:51pm On May 10, 2020
LordShiva97:
I found this thread while exploring the travel section yesterday afternoon and I have read every single sentence, seen every picture and followed the entire conversation made on all the 33 pages of this thread. This is right up there with the best threads I have seen on this forum in the three years I have been on Nairaland. Apart from the unfortunate SA vs Nigeria dick-contesting folks who made futile attempts to derail it like they do all over Nairaland, this thread is perfect: it's educative, humorous, engaging, inspiring and all shades of awesome. The hours I spent reading it were well invested.

To the OP, Mrphysics, THANK YOU for taking us along in your sojourn in France and GOODLUCK in all your studies and hustle.

Jisie ike smiley
Daalu rinne smiley

Thanks bro
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:53pm On May 10, 2020
Hi guys, thanks for the warm and kind wishes. It went along way in making the exam smooth.
I came out smiling, answered all questions and solved the calculations. It was a nice exam and I am grateful for the rain of prayers.

Indeed, we are a blessed people.

Thanks again.

19 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by dejt4u(m): 9:30pm On May 10, 2020
mrphysics:
Hi guys, thanks for the warm and kind wishes. It went along way in making the exam smooth.
I came out smiling, answered all questions and solved the calculations. It was a nice exam and I am grateful for the rain of prayers.

Thanks again.
I trust you.. Success is yours brother
Re: My France Picture Gallery by Savagethe21st(m): 12:12am On May 11, 2020
mrphysics:

Well, they said your course of study must be able to solve the problems of the petroleum industry in Nigeria.

However, if one is smart, he/she should be able to configure any course of study to solve that problem.
op pls did u graduate with a first class,because i heard most beneficiaries of ptdf made a first class
Re: My France Picture Gallery by jizzyjordan: 7:42pm On May 11, 2020
mrphysics:

Thanks again.
I believe you scatter you na book on your own bro
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:44pm On May 20, 2020
Hi guys,

It's been a long time. Just checking up on everyone. It's not been easy over here. The French system both online and offline will always be stressful. Let me stop complaining grin grin

Thanks for the prayers, some of the results are coming out already and this semester results seems to be looking good. I hope it continues with this trend.

Hope you guys are cool?

9 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Predstan: 8:49pm On May 20, 2020
mrphysics:
Hi guys,

It's been a long time. Just checking up on everyone. It's not been easy over here. The French system both online and offline will always be stressful. Let me stop complaining grin grin

Thanks for the prayers, some of the results are coming out already and this semester results seems to be looking good. I hope it continues with this trend.

Hope you guys are cool?

It will all be good. Wanna send you a DM. Need to ask about something boss
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2020
I have over stressed myself most recently. Today, we had lecture from 8am to 5:30pm. Who does that online? How can you plan an online lectures for 4 hours/lecture. I have started complaining again. Let me stop grin grin I mean it this time around, I have stopped complaining grin grin grin

There have been a lot of changes in government response to Covid-19 with the current partial relaxation of lockdown. Every institution, residence, or agency have been asked to implement necessary measures to have the lowest person-to-person encounter. Like I stated previously, these measures include one way entry and exit, etc.

The most recent is the encouragement of the use of bicycle, reduction of public buses, etc. To achieve this, the government has decided to divide the road into two grin grin Bicycles and their users are now allowed to use the major roads. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:09pm On May 20, 2020
Today, I remembered one incident that happened with me. I can't say if it was funny or not, it happened in Nigeria though. I just remembered it as part of the things I have had to go through in life.

So, I haven't been pressured by someone I respect so much to marry someone. For what it is, I detest referral system of relationship or friend-talk-to-friend means of getting into a relationship. I believe you have to go for what you want, by first discovering her, making your decision, and shooting your shot with whatever weapon or strategy that would produce the maximum yield/output/result.

I had this uncle of mine that I respect so much, he actually violated everything I believe about relationship and wanted me to do otherwise. As a young struggling and hustling guy, I believe marriage shouldn't be a means to end being broke/poverty cheesy grin I was making little progress and was though not satisfied by happy that I am taking some quantum steps. It happened that he was a friend to the sister to the wife of the executive governor of my state. This lady has a daughter who was studying law in a Nigerian university. He wanted me to marry her and have already gone ahead to discuss same with the ladies mother. I received a call while at work that I have to meet one relative of the governor and I was told the reason. I was supposed to call her and tell her when I will be coming. It was weird but it happened. Before going, I already lost interest on the girl, the mother, and the relationship. I called this woman and we fixed 6:30. It was in a hostel in Abuja.

About 6:15pm, I left the office and drove inside the hotel. Truth be told, my car was the most outdated there grin grin Though the governor was not in town, but they were Prado jeeps packed all over the place. But I won't be intimidated, this car I bought without government money or borrowing. I met the woman and I had the worst discussion of my life.

She told me everything about her, what she have been doing to train her children up, and how one of them (the eldest) is just waiting for visa to start his masters in Germany. She told me about the daughter, and how the son of the DG of one agency (name withheld) is interested in her but because she doesn't want money but love, she and the lady rejected the guy. In fact, she bored me with her discussions and stories and I never said a word. She thereafter told me to call her on Thursday (it was Tuesday) when she would be with the daughter, then introduce me to her and her to me and release her contact. After the 2 hours discussion, I took a bottle of water, thanked her for the time anyway and wished her a safe flight the next day (she and the daughter will be attending an event in Lagos on Friday, so she was to fly to Lagos where both of them will make their hair ahead of the event). Just imagine the details she was giving me.

I left there and they left my mind. I was just deleting contacts and came across her contact and wanted to document the experience as I deleted her contact.

grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:10pm On May 20, 2020
Predstan:

It will all be good. Wanna send you a DM. Need to ask about something boss
Alright boss
Re: My France Picture Gallery by Cousiim: 9:15pm On May 20, 2020
mrphysics:
Today, I remembered one incident that happened with me. I can't say if it was funny or not, it happened in Nigeria though. I just remembered it as part of the things I have had to go through in life.

So, I haven't been pressured by someone I respect so much to marry someone. For what it is, I detest referral system of relationship or friend-talk-to-friend means of getting into a relationship. I believe you have to go for what you want, by first discovering her, making your decision, and shooting your shot with whatever weapon or strategy that would produce the maximum yield/output/result.

I had this uncle of mine that I respect so much, he actually violated everything I believe about relationship and wanted me to do otherwise. As a young struggling and hustling guy, I believe marriage shouldn't be a means to end being broke/poverty cheesy grin I was making little progress and was though not satisfied by happy that I am taking some quantum steps. It happened that he was a friend to the sister to the wife of the executive governor of my state. This lady has a daughter who was studying law in a Nigerian university. He wanted me to marry her and have already gone ahead to discuss same with the ladies mother. I received a call while at work that I have to meet one relative of the governor and I was told the reason. I was supposed to call her and tell her when I will be coming. It was weird but it happened. Before going, I already lost interest on the girl, the mother, and the relationship. I called this woman and we fixed 6:30. It was in a hostel in Abuja.

About 6:15pm, I left the office and drove inside the hotel. Truth be told, my car was the most outdated there grin grin Though the governor was not in town, but they were Prado jeeps packed all over the place. But I won't be intimidated, this car I bought without government money or borrowing. I met the woman and I had the worst discussion of my life.

She told me everything about her, what she have been doing to train her children up, and how one of them (the eldest) is just waiting for visa to start his masters in Germany. She told me about the daughter, and how the son of the DG of one agency (name withheld) is interested in her but because she doesn't want money but love, she and the lady rejected the guy. In fact, she bored me with her discussions and stories and I never said a word. She thereafter told me to call her on Thursday (it was Tuesday) when she would be with the daughter, then introduce me to her and her to me and release her contact. After the 2 hours discussion, I took a bottle of water, thanked her for the time anyway and wished her a safe flight the next day (she and the daughter will be attending an event in Lagos on Friday, so she was to fly to Lagos where both of them will make their hair ahead of the event). Just imagine the details she was giving me.

I left there and they left my mind. I was just deleting contacts and came across her contact and wanted to document the experience as I deleted her contact.

grin grin grin

Ain’t she beautiful ni? grin
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:44pm On May 20, 2020
Cousiim:

Ain’t she beautiful ni? grin
Lol, I haven't even seen her bro.

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by oyekan1997(m): 9:49pm On May 20, 2020
mrphysics:

Lobatan! grin

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Cousiim: 9:51pm On May 20, 2020
mrphysics:

Lol. Okay

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by badmanjo(m): 10:23pm On May 20, 2020
grin cheesy grin na man you be, so many people won't have rejected that offer to gain money and affluence

mrphysics:
. After the 2 hours discussion, I took a bottle of water, thanked her for the time anyway and wished her a safe flight the next day (she and the daughter will be attending an event in Lagos on Friday, so she was to fly to Lagos where both of them will make their hair ahead of the event). Just imagine the details she was giving me.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by benji93: 4:15am On May 21, 2020
But honestly, this is kinda wicked. Not quite Oral too. grin. But why are they treating Graduate students as undergraduates? I would think posing questions directly to students to test their understanding generally may be more effective, especially for Grad students.
mrphysics:
Ladies and gentlemen, I hope you are staying safe.

We have been engaged in the last weeks and days, being stuck before the screen of your laptop for hours everyday is unarguably, one of the most difficult ways of learning. Like its been established, the French Education System is difficult and complex. Conducting exams online is something most of them won't agree to. They will look for a way to subject you to their poor grading system. We have written one exam thus far (of course online) and we have two this coming week. Tuesday and Friday. Instead of adopting online exam, all of them opted for oral exam. In this method, you come in sessions of 30 minutes each. Turn on your system camera and audio, and respond to the questions as they come. This is the model of the two exams we have this week. But the previous exam was strange. We all connected to the zoom session, the lecturer shared the exam question on zoom, and we began to answer the questions on our MSWord. After 30 minutes, he requested we send the document to him via email. He confirmed receipt of the entire document before ending the session. This is strange, I don't even know why they choose this method. Well, they do not trust the integrity of most students. However, some scholars in other schools are giving some questions and asked to submit before a particular time. Which is good. My school will surely overdo and impose their bad marking scheme on us all.

Last semester was difficult for me. I had no idea the French are reserved and conservative with everything. The results shocked me . Battling with upgrading the poor education received in Nigeria, coping with the seemingly new field, and coming up after 4 years of leaving the university, everything was so hard. When the results came out, it wasn't looking good neither was it looking bad. I just didn't get the right grades in where I wanted. I was 0.4 points below the distinction range. The hope that things would turn around this semester having understood the system and knowing how some of them are impressed, this hope was adversely affected by Covid-19. Now, we are all learning new ways of passing. In a country where alot is placed on grade, it becomes irrelevant not trying to get a good grade and becomes necessary to understand the concept and competencies than the grades. Whichever way, there's no reason not to get good grades. We have to hustle it up.

But I like the French people or say system, though difficult but one thing is sure, you will get all the competencies you need.
Re: My France Picture Gallery by benji93: 7:48am On May 21, 2020
What makes you think the same level of corruption does not apply to Nuclear energy? The current means of generating power can be tracked and monitored if those guys really want to. As there is no means of energy you cannot manage, there's equally no means of energy you cannot mismanage. I understand your support for Nuclear, but your argument that Nuclear energy can be better managed is not well-taken. Do not mistake the faults in the delivery of a service through a particular means for faults in means itself. It doesn't matter what electricity generation means we adopt, if they will steal, they will steal. Those supervisors that would rather keep enriching themselves from the failure of a management system will keep looking the other way. The problem here is the people, no matter how positive your intentions are in the design of an effective system, such as the generation of power, if the people are hell-bent on ruining it, it will come down in ruins in no time. Nigerians are unapologetically corrupt. That problem has to be solved first.
mrphysics:
Let's get back in to the lab or school. This is why we are here isn't it? And I will be needing your inputs too.

Few years ago, Nigeria signed an agreement with Russia Atomic Energy (Rosatom) to build a NPP in Ituh LGA Akwa Ibom State. The agreement was that Rosatom will build manage and handover to Nigerians in 2035 or thereabout. The construction and installation of the reactor core will start next year (2021). The geological assessments etc has been done, approval has been given by presidency too, and there has been an ongoing sensitization (poorly done anyway) of stakeholders in the local government. Remember, Rosatom will build, manage, train (Nigerians) and handover in 2035. The cost of building this is $10b and will be financed by Rosatom. Nigeria will manage and ensure good environment.

Few days ago, the FG through El-Rufia after their executive meeting said the Federal Government has spent N1.3Trillion on electricity in the last three years. The truth is, while there is improvement, many are yet to experience this. I do not wish to forget also the amount spent thus far on electricity without any improvement.

Now does Nuclear Solve bulk of the problem? Yes. The major cause of the corruption in the power sector is the channel through which the money is spent. It is spent on an open ended project that can't be accounted for properly and that is why any auditing of the power sector won't work. In 2007, my company was the consultant for the NBET (Nigeria Bulk Electricity Trading) Company. It is important to know that NBET is the sole buyer of all electricity generated in Nigeria. Currently, Nigeria operate a Single-Buyer model which works only for countries with small economy and populations. In this World Bank sponsored consultancy project, I was deeply involved and that is where I saw the weakness of our power sector, the death thereof too.

Nuclear PP is a focused niche. It has a set budget for each amount of electricity. It is an area where you can track progress and monitor generation because it is highly regulated. Activities of NPP is not only monitored by the host country but by the international community. Every country currently constructing a NPP is known, the stages are there and it is closely monitored. This makes it highly efficient in it's delivery and hard to steal fund. What about our current process? It is weak, open ended, no one is interested, there is no set budget for any amount of electricity, no one monitors them and that is the loop of events that we are in.

I hold the opinion that we will continue running around this loop and having little or nothing in power output if we don't consider a highly monitored source of electricity. Trust me, I have been to top of where these issues are discussed and I can tell you that even in the next 15 years, our case is not going to be different.

So what do you guys think? The classroom is open, no one is inside but you can contribute. I will like to hear your thoughts. Drop the comments and I will do well to respond. No one is right or wrong here anyway.
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 5:40pm On May 21, 2020
benji93:
But honestly, this is kinda wicked. Not quite Oral too. grin. But why are they treating Graduate students as undergraduates? I would think posing questions directly to students to test their understanding generally may be more effective, especially for Grad students.
Yeah, you are right @emboldened. Some are oral exams. But they treat us more like undergraduate students. There is nothing graduate about this masters.

I will take my time to respond to the other question you posed above.
Re: My France Picture Gallery by James4bright(m): 12:07pm On May 22, 2020
Bro please, I didn't read every content you put up on this thread. I was carried away by just pictures.

I'm studying Mass communication in school, is there a possibility I could do my Masters over there and get a job too? Please oh, give a brother hope.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (47) (Reply)

Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) / Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.