Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,230 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:56 PM

My France Picture Gallery - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My France Picture Gallery (142049 Views)

How Do I Appeal My France Tourist Visa / Nike Art Gallery, Freedom Park & National Museum In Pictures / Issues With My France Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Richdee1(m): 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2020
mrphysics:

I see mostly PTDF scholars and school mates.

I have seen some illegal residence here and I don't think they have any issues. Police don't do stop an search. As long as you are here, no one will police you around. However, I do not know how they work or earn money.

Eeh gawd!! Boss thanks for tagging me!!
More funds to travels round the world
Amen!!
Re: My France Picture Gallery by electromagnito: 7:10am On Jul 13, 2020
Lovely pictures i must confess, it remind me of my good old days in Paris, maybe i didnt take pictures because i was used to all this structure, I remember when Notre dame cathedral got burnt last year, i was there live because it was close to my research Lab, people were crying, i think i visited all places in Paris except PSG stadium because of the distant. I recommend you to visit
1. Opera
2. Trocadero(you will get a better view of Tour effiel from there)
3. Disney Land (Marne le valle) go with babe sha
4. bridge of love (with million love padlock)
5. Chateau de Versaille(outside of paris though)
6. Arc de Triomphe at Champs de Elysee.... you can also snap the national street which is one of the most expensive street in the world na there louis vuitton dey
7.Sacre coeur
8. Musee d'orsay
you visited notre dame already, louvre with the pyramid

best, i will be staying in france, i got a PhD with ENS Lyon, but for now, i no get strength to visit any place, make i dey sleep

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:58am On Jul 13, 2020
electromagnito:
Lovely pictures i must confess, it remind me of my good old days in Paris, maybe i didnt take pictures because i was used to all this structure, I remember when Notre dame cathedral got burnt last year, i was there live because it was close to my research Lab, people were crying, i think i visited all places in Paris except PSG stadium because of the distant. I recommend you to visit
1. Opera
2. Trocadero(you will get a better view of Tour effiel from there)
3. Disney Land (Marne le valle) go with babe sha
4. bridge of love (with million love padlock)
5. Chateau de Versaille(outside of paris though)
6. Arc de Triomphe at Champs de Elysee.... you can also snap the national street which is one of the most expensive street in the world na there louis vuitton dey
7.Sacre coeur
8. Musee d'orsay
you visited notre dame already, louvre with the pyramid

best, i will be staying in france, i got a PhD with ENS Lyon, but for now, i no get strength to visit any place, make i dey sleep
Congrats. I am happy you finally got a PhD in France. What about the one you got in Honh Kong?
Re: My France Picture Gallery by electromagnito: 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
mrphysics:

Congrats. I am happy you finally got a PhD in France. What about the one you got in Honh Kong?

funny enough, i rejected the PhD offer in Hongkong last two weeks after i have done all necessary process, my visa already got me sef hahahahaha, my supervisor in Hongkong was furious but man need to choose better option, so the confinement was a blessing to me though, i used it to apply for my first ever PhD in france which i got hahaha and also got a PhD in US but i will be rejecting too because i dont understand the PhD in US at all, i wonder why the guy pick me hahahahahahaha he is only interested in my simulation skills. I hope i get to meet you someday. Enjoy paris baba.... na man you be.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by oyekan1997(m): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
electromagnito:
funny enough, i rejected the PhD offer in Hongkong last two weeks after i have done all necessary process, my visa already got me sef hahahahaha, my supervisor in Hongkong was furious but man need to choose better option, so the confinement was a blessing to me though, i used it to apply for my first ever PhD in france which i got hahaha and also got a PhD in US but i will be rejecting too because i dont understand the PhD in US at all, i wonder why the guy pick me hahahahahahaha he is only interested in my simulation skills. I hope i get to meet you someday. Enjoy paris baba.... na man you be.

Wow...una be boss oo

By any chance sir, do you know of any France institutions offering a masters degree in petroleum geoscience or engineering?
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2020
oyekan1997:

Wow...una be boss oo

By any chance sir, do you know of any France institutions offering a masters degree in petroleum geoscience or engineering?
Have you checked IFP School? I don't know about petroleum geosciences but I am sure there are some petroleum engineers in IFP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2020
So End my trip, I need to ensure the Eifel Tower is represented on this thread.

It's one of the symbols of France. Like someone asked in the past that this is the only thread about France with no image of Eifel Tower.

That bondage must be broken and it has been broken. It was the reason I left a single picture of Eifel tower the last time I updated this thread.

So enjoy the images

10 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2020
Now lets get closer

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 7:57pm On Jul 14, 2020
And closer grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
Lets go away

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2020
And away

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
Directly opposite the tower.

The sun was in favour of that direction

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
View around

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
And I saw where people locked their relationship.

People even do the business of selling padlock on the Eifel Tower bridge. All you need is buy your padlock, write your name, lock the relationship and decide whether to throw the key into the river or hold it pending when the relationship status changes.

But does it really work?

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:06pm On Jul 14, 2020
Thousands of padlocked relationship.

Tonto Dikeh and Churchil equally locked theirs

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
One day, I will padlock my relationship in the city of love.

What about you?

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by petux(m): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
mrphysics:

What about you?

Hey bro. Have a few questions would love to ask you. Should I mention you in a dead thread?
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
petux:

Hey bro. Have a few questions would love to ask you. Should I mention you in a dead thread?

Alright boss.
Re: My France Picture Gallery by noblealuu: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
mrphysics:

What about you?

Sounds fetish and superstitious

I cannot can

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by petux(m): 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
mrphysics:

Alright boss.
I've mentioned you in the thread already.

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2020
petux:

I've mentioned you in the thread already.
Reading bro
Re: My France Picture Gallery by themaestro08(m): 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2020
What an amazing thread! Mr physics its an absolute joy reading your daily experiences and adventures on this thread, it gives me a vivid description of life if in France.

I Wish you more success in your endeavors and I hope someday I will fulfill my dream of visiting these places.

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by electromagnito: 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
oyekan1997:

Wow...una be boss oo

sorry for late reply, you can always try Paris globe physics institute popular known as IPGP via www.ipgp.fr they have nice course in geoscience, note it is very competitive, I once I applied there and I was rejected gigantically �������� I wish you the best

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by electromagnito: 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
mrphysics:

What about you?
grin grin grin no kill me with laugh boss, I dey tell my babe about this place but she said na yoruba gods go swallow our key from the seine river hahaha hahaha ha no try am
Re: My France Picture Gallery by Predstan: 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
electromagnito:

Congratulations... on the other hand, Can you please tell me why you prefer the PhD in france to Hongkong and the USA.

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by electromagnito: 8:06am On Jul 20, 2020
Predstan:

Congratulations... on the other hand, Can you please tell me why you prefer the PhD in france to Hongkong and the USA.
interesting question, well firstly, I had to pray to God for guidance because its all by his grace I find myself in this position.
I had wanted to go to Hong Kong no matter what because the PhD topic was more related to my masters thesis which was on Glass science plus Hong Kong Universities are all in Top100 in the world including were I was admitted, let just say if there was no covid-19, I would have been in Hong Kong by now definitely.
During the lock down, I use the opportunity to also apply for a PhD at University of Hawai'i in US to work on bulk material of colloid particles, this still fall under my research work but more of biophysics, I got admitted after two Skype interview and I believe my recommendation letter from my two professor in France played a bigger role, I was told, I was selected based on my molecular dynamics simulation skills(trust me I learnt everything in france, Nigeria na scam), but there is one problem, covid 19, so I can only resume in US for spring next year plus I will be fully funded by American Chemical Society, but after going through the journal given to me to prepare myself for spring, baba I got more confused.
For France, La France, i got a PhD with ENS Lyon which is equivalent to getting a PhD with MIT in US, the PhD will be undertaken at Ecole Mines though but one special interest here is the topic, very interesting and fully sponsored by EDF, I will be working on nuclear reactor microstructure material like the 316L steel screw, this is a first hand industrial experience with EDF, everyone wants to work with EDF for sure.
I believe i will go to US someday for postdoc probably, but I won't kill myself for a US PhD because I am not desperate. When the time comes, we will move trust the process baba

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by BelieverDE: 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
electromagnito:
interesting question, well firstly, I had to pray to God for guidance because its all by his grace I find myself in this position.
I had wanted to go to Hong Kong no matter what because the PhD topic was more related to my masters thesis which was on Glass science plus Hong Kong Universities are all in Top100 in the world including were I was admitted, let just say if there was no covid-19, I would have been in Hong Kong by now definitely.
During the lock down, I use the opportunity to also apply for a PhD at University of Hawai'i in US to work on bulk material of colloid particles, this still fall under my research work but more of biophysics, I got admitted after two Skype interview and I believe my recommendation letter from my two professor in France played a bigger role, I was told, I was selected based on my molecular dynamics simulation skills(trust me I learnt everything in france, Nigeria na scam), but there is one problem, covid 19, so I can only resume in US for spring next year plus I will be fully funded by American Chemical Society, but after going through the journal given to me to prepare myself for spring, baba I got more confused.
For France, La France, i got a PhD with ENS Lyon which is equivalent to getting a PhD with MIT in US, the PhD will be undertaken at Ecole Mines though but one special interest here is the topic, very interesting and fully sponsored by EDF, I will be working on nuclear reactor microstructure material like the 316L steel screw, this is a first hand industrial experience with EDF, everyone wants to work with EDF for sure.
I believe i will go to US someday for postdoc probably, but I won't kill myself for a US PhD because I am desperate. When the time comes, we will move trust the process baba

Is Molecular Simulation related in any way to Mathematical Modelling?
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
electromagnito:
I believe i will go to US someday for postdoc probably, but I won't kill myself for a US PhD because I am desperate. When the time comes, we will move trust the process baba

Congrats again bro. And welcome to the Nuclear field. We did a course on Molecular Dynamics and because of Covid-19, we couldn't have access with the Subatech internet to use the Material Studio App. We have started, however, we have to go into the use of ForceField (CLAYFF, etc.) and other Energy calculations.

For the assessment of the course, we were given lots of research papers to review and write a detailed report. I reviewed 3 papers and came up with 9 pages document on the Swelling Properties, Interlayer Structure, and Dynamics of Hydrated Cs−Montmorillonite Clay Structure. We haven't gone deep into MD but our lecturer Prof. Kalichinev is an expert in the field with over 100 published papers and supervised and still sponsoring alot of Ph.D research.

As for Colloids, its in the field of Radiochemistry. Where we study the transport mechanism of radionuclides in the colloidal forms. Because we have true and pseudo colloids, the transport process of colloids becomes very interesting. The Sorption of actinides, particularly plutonium, onto micrometer and submicrometer-sized colloids increases their mobility, but these plutonium colloids are difficult to detect in the far-field. I agree, biophysicists are also studying these processes because of what we call bioavailability of radionuclides.

Nuclear Material science is an interesting area. Very interesting course to study. I was supposed to get an A in that course until the woman gave me 16/20 There we discussed alot of stuffs including the material science of Zircaloy as a suitable element for fuel pellets. Also, we calculated how these materials are deformed as they are bombarded by neutrons causing a cascade effect from the Primary Knockout Atom. Its deep and we just started. Depending on the material, we were able to calculate the damage rate of any material in the PWR reactor. So weldone bro, I am sure you will enjoy your research.

And yes, I have always dreamed of working with EDF. Everyone wants grin grin grin And I pray I get the opportunity to work there.

8 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
BelieverDE:

No, molecular simulation is used to model the diffusion or transport rate of elements in the picoseconds scale. Its all about how materials behave at that time scale.

There are alot of things you can do with MD, you can build materials such as clay, cement, mix it with water or other elements and also radionuclide and see how they transport at the pico level using different tools.

See an image below that we built in class. We will continue in September when classes resume physically.

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
@Mrphysics please check pm
Re: My France Picture Gallery by electromagnito: 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2020
BelieverDE:

yes... When your model is actually in a smaller scale or better called atomistic scale, you use molecular simulation, although I am more proficient in Mesoscale which is in between microscale and marcoscale.... This will be well understood by mechanical engineers... But as a theoretical physics, I deal with atoms of the material (crystal or amorphous), so if I need to implement any mathematical modelling, I did be looking at a smaller scale, so I can include temperature among my parameters

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by electromagnito: 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
mrphysics:

No, molecular simulation is used to model the diffusion or transport rate of elements in the picoseconds scale. Its all about how materials behave at that time scale.

There are alot of things you can do with MD, you can build materials such as clay, cement, mix it with water or other elements and also radionuclide and see how they transport at the pico level using different tools.

See an image below that we built in class. We will continue in September when classes resume physically.
nice... I love this..... I actually learnt MD during my internship, I was only taught Abinitio simulation and monte carlo during my course work

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (47) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. / Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.