Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:55 AM

My France Picture Gallery - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My France Picture Gallery (142216 Views)

How Do I Appeal My France Tourist Visa / Nike Art Gallery, Freedom Park & National Museum In Pictures / Issues With My France Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My France Picture Gallery by electromagnito: 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
mrphysics:

No, molecular simulation is used to model the diffusion or transport rate of elements in the picoseconds scale. Its all about how materials behave at that time scale.

There are alot of things you can do with MD, you can build materials such as clay, cement, mix it with water or other elements and also radionuclide and see how they transport at the pico level using different tools.

See an image below that we built in class. We will continue in September when classes resume physically.
this looks like GROMAC... You can also implement mathematical modelling in MD but you will be considering LAMMPS package... Although most research hardly using MD for Mathematical modelling since you are dealing with a smaller scale.... So FEM and DEM will be appropriate for Mathematical modelling. Mechanical engineering student will understand better

3 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by electromagnito: 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
mrphysics:

No, molecular simulation is used to model the diffusion or transport rate of elements in the picoseconds scale. Its all about how materials behave at that time scale.

There are alot of things you can do with MD, you can build materials such as clay, cement, mix it with water or other elements and also radionuclide and see how they transport at the pico level using different tools.

See an image below that we built in class. We will continue in September when classes resume physically.
this looks like GROMAC... You can also implement mathematical modelling in MD but you will be considering LAMMPS package... Although most research hardly using MD for Mathematical modelling since you are dealing with a smaller scale.... So FEM and DEM will be appropriate for Mathematical modelling. Mechanical engineering student will understand better

3 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
Danny6552:
@Mrphysics please check pm

Just did bro.
Re: My France Picture Gallery by Predstan: 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2020
electromagnito:
interesting question, well firstly, I had to pray to God for guidance because its all by his grace I find myself in this position.
I had wanted to go to Hong Kong no matter what because the PhD topic was more related to my masters thesis which was on Glass science plus Hong Kong Universities are all in Top100 in the world including were I was admitted, let just say if there was no covid-19, I would have been in Hong Kong by now definitely.
During the lock down, I use the opportunity to also apply for a PhD at University of Hawai'i in US to work on bulk material of colloid particles, this still fall under my research work but more of biophysics, I got admitted after two Skype interview and I believe my recommendation letter from my two professor in France played a bigger role, I was told, I was selected based on my molecular dynamics simulation skills(trust me I learnt everything in france, Nigeria na scam), but there is one problem, covid 19, so I can only resume in US for spring next year plus I will be fully funded by American Chemical Society, but after going through the journal given to me to prepare myself for spring, baba I got more confused.
For France, La France, i got a PhD with ENS Lyon which is equivalent to getting a PhD with MIT in US, the PhD will be undertaken at Ecole Mines though but one special interest here is the topic, very interesting and fully sponsored by EDF, I will be working on nuclear reactor microstructure material like the 316L steel screw, this is a first hand industrial experience with EDF, everyone wants to work with EDF for sure.
I believe i will go to US someday for postdoc probably, but I won't kill myself for a US PhD because I am not desperate. When the time comes, we will move trust the process baba

Ranking of schools is one big thing for me and you checked that list. If it's not ivy League, it wont be compared to what you have. I think you made the right decision. You can do your PostDoc in the US(very easy route). I wish you all the best as a scholar.

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
The holiday is going on well at least for now. I am not that lonely as I used to be in the past.

I owe it greatly to Barbabra. Babe has helped me discover some few places in Nantes. When I am interested, we also make a bike ride together.

The day before yesterday, we went to a riverside, took a ride and had a great view of the water waves. I never knew such place existed very close to my residence. I often view there as a forest, little did I know it is a love zone.

8 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2020
One thing this environment reminded me is the village setting. I was very close to nature and I felt home.

As we walked along the riverside, we discussed alot of things, politics, economics, life in home and outside home, and what next after studies. I am sure you understand. grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
The biggest problem facing the construction and completion of complex projects is obtaining Social License to Operate (SLO). The nuclear and mining industry with long term legacy face alot of resistance. Communities, countries, etc do not easily issue SLO for nuclear and mining projects. One wonders if it is even considered during the initial stages of projects in Nigeria. But in civilized societies, before starting complex projects, it is important to obtain SLO

Most recently, project completion or milestone deliverables have been affected by obstructions from host communities or local stakeholders who obstruct the daily operation of projects. To avoid this, the need to obtain a Social License to Operate (SLO) becomes non negotiable.

Like other complex projects, nuclear activities leave alot of legacies that must be maintained, safeguarded and remediated. Thus, there's need for what is known as Long term stewardship (LTS).

Against what is currently done in Nigeria, where operators of oil fields spill oil in the environment, leaving long term legacies, depriving the communities from the use of their lands and environments. Waters, farmlands, etc, have been rendered unusable by this exploration activities.

Yet in Nigeria, oil exploration, and oil wells receive faster SLO from the host communities. In other parts of the world, obtaining SLO goes beyond providing social amenities such as infrastructural development, hospitals, schools, scholarships, etc. However, in Nigeria, the provision of these infrastructures is enough to obtain SLO.

People do not make rational cases. They do not consider the legacies this activities will leave in the environment as long as some persons receive financial support.

Nuclear construction takes into effect the LTS required for nuclear projects even after decommissioning. Because we do not want to leave burdens for the future generations. They do not have to pay for something they didn't benefit from. And even if future generations will bear this burdens, we must lessen the burdens on them.

8 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
Of course we understand people's view when they fail to issue SLO for nuclear facilities. They are afraid of the risk involved. But then, we know that our risk perception differ and there's no absolute definition of risk.

Like I earlier said, people's decision is often not rational. They choose their risk and reject others. Thus, it is in order to say that risk is a human defined concept. Let us see how people take accept risks and reject others. They transfer this irrational decision or perception of risk on nuclear facilities even though the existence of nuclear facilities does not pose much risk compared to other risks that have been accepted by same people in time past.

1. Chronic smokers accept the risk of smoking but feel greatly at risk when they are close to a nuclear power plant even though the risks may be the same or equivalent
2. People feel comfortable when they make calls while driving , but perceive as very risky when they are in a car driven by a driver making calls while driving.
3. Risky behaviors such as unsafe sex, drugs, etc involving pleasures are widely accepted but same can not be extended to Nuclear projects.

And the list continues.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by popeshemoo(m): 5:17am On Jul 23, 2020
Wow..
I cannot believe I stayed up all night to read this wonderful thread from the beginning all the way to page 39.!
I think I've gained more knowledge in the last 6hrs than I have since the beginning of the month.
Wonderful work mrphysics
Hope to read more from you..
PS: kindly come out of anonymity.. we have to see the wonderful man behind this project na...bikonu

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Deepocean(m): 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
Let him remain anonymous. Seeing his face won't do more or less to the educative and informative value of the thread.

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2020
I just learned that there's a gold mine found in Osun State.

While I congratulate the people of Osun State, I also wish to inform them about the dangers thereof. Gold mining often leave huge mill tailing. These tailing contains the radioactive isotope of U-238, Thorium -232, and Potassium (K-40). These are highly radioactive elements. Heavy metals of Uranium and Thorium have long half live.

Like other mining activities, these tailing are mining legacies that must be maintained. The government must know that this is unlike the oil spillage that can be left unattended to. These elements will continue to release energies for thousands of years.

Farming and having unprotected and regulated access to the mining site is dangerous. Also, once the environment is contaminated, even drinking water from that area is very dangerous as the colloids of Pu or Uranium have been found to travel very fast and very far.

Thus, they shouldn't see it as an accepted risk because of the financial benefit. They should also be informed about the Long term stewardship required for such operations. This stewardship demands religious commitment from the people.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Some beautiful background pictures we took.

Please that is not my leg. I am sure we all can guess whose leg it is cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
Sometime ago, South Africa (SA) went on Gold mining without minding the environmental implication. Like other African projects, humans are not thought of as long as money is involved or will come out. They left Gold Mine Tailings which constituted serious environmental hazard in the Province of Gauteng.

People never knew about radiation exposure, so they continued farming, and drinking underground water from this site. Gold mining will release Natural Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORMs) to the environment. Tailings which are the solid wastes of mining and milling activities constitute 90% of the mining. These are wastes with long lived radioactive isotopes. In fact, in 2009, radiation measures in the Wonderfonteinspruit Catchment Area (WCA) of the Province showed that the amount of Uranium present was 10 times more than the Gold mined. This posed serious health risk to the environment and community until the government was forced to do something.

Now SA is many times ahead of Nigeria in terms of technology. In fact, they have the only Linear Accelerator in Africa and the only country in Africa with an ongoing Nuclear Power Plant project. So their experience in Radiation protection is advanced than Nigeria. And this is the reason we must be very mindful of Gold mining activities in Nigeria as we do not have that technology or remediation strategies.

Another area in Nantes, taken from the Nantes Tower. Photo Credit: cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by AO258: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2020
This is an all in one thread. Mrphysics, well done. I wish you safe stay and successful completion of your program.
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mayhon(m): 8:36am On Jul 25, 2020
mrphysics:
I haven't turned 30, grin grin but I don't have any dreams for 30 or any age. I think it is important that we all have an independent and unique way of living this life. The country is working on a group theory, people trying to be like others or greatly influenced by others who sometimes are expert biased.

So during my NYSC, someone introduced me to Fiverr. It hasn't been easy but I have made about N10m from it since mid 2017 that I started. I got every info from nairaland. And it has transformed my life in a very positive way.

I didn't stay up to 3 months post NYSC before getting a job. I should have turned it down since I was comfortable already with the earnings I got on Fiverr without stress. But I needed to have the experienced and I must confess, it's been the most impressive time of my life.

Although throughout the 2 years I worked in Abuja, I earned more from Fiverr every month grin grin However, the things I learned was worth the experience. The people I have met and the inputs I made to the country was most significant to me. I worked in a good place, not that the pay is close to oil company, but then, I was appreciated. The inputs I made was duly acknowledged and my presence changed a lot of things. Before leaving the country, I submitted my resignation letter and the MD rejected it. We concluded that when I come back, I will work for them and not the government

The four paragraphs above summarized everything I know about life. It has to be simple, humble, and above all you have to be independent. I have achieved a lot of things that could be classified as impressive and yet haven't turned 30. So this week, I concluded the second land purchase, a 2 plots of land valued for N2+m. Coming here, I knew I wouldn't be looking for work though it's impossible to work and study in my school (almost true in France). But I knew doing my Fiverr work is something that is constant. It's not stopping expect if anything happens to my Fiverr account.

We are hustlers and it shall thus remain irrespective of where we are or work.

What do you sell on Fiverr
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mayhon(m): 8:36am On Jul 25, 2020
mrphysics:
I haven't turned 30, grin grin but I don't have any dreams for 30 or any age. I think it is important that we all have an independent and unique way of living this life. The country is working on a group theory, people trying to be like others or greatly influenced by others who sometimes are expert biased.

So during my NYSC, someone introduced me to Fiverr. It hasn't been easy but I have made about N10m from it since mid 2017 that I started. I got every info from nairaland. And it has transformed my life in a very positive way.

I didn't stay up to 3 months post NYSC before getting a job. I should have turned it down since I was comfortable already with the earnings I got on Fiverr without stress. But I needed to have the experienced and I must confess, it's been the most impressive time of my life.

Although throughout the 2 years I worked in Abuja, I earned more from Fiverr every month grin grin However, the things I learned was worth the experience. The people I have met and the inputs I made to the country was most significant to me. I worked in a good place, not that the pay is close to oil company, but then, I was appreciated. The inputs I made was duly acknowledged and my presence changed a lot of things. Before leaving the country, I submitted my resignation letter and the MD rejected it. We concluded that when I come back, I will work for them and not the government

The four paragraphs above summarized everything I know about life. It has to be simple, humble, and above all you have to be independent. I have achieved a lot of things that could be classified as impressive and yet haven't turned 30. So this week, I concluded the second land purchase, a 2 plots of land valued for N2+m. Coming here, I knew I wouldn't be looking for work though it's impossible to work and study in my school (almost true in France). But I knew doing my Fiverr work is something that is constant. It's not stopping expect if anything happens to my Fiverr account.

We are hustlers and it shall thus remain irrespective of where we are or work.
Wow!
What do you sell on Fiverr?
Re: My France Picture Gallery by themaestro08(m): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
mayhon:

Wow!
What do you sell on Fiverr?

How people earn such cool $ on fiver is still a mystery to me.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Cadek: 8:13am On Jul 27, 2020
Have been a ghost reader of this educative and informative thread, but I'll like to give kudos to Mr Physics for taking out of his precious time and tight schedule to update us and makes us see Nantes through his eyes.

Thank you.
I actually have some questions to ask and I would love if you can send me a mail

Cc: mrphysics

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2020
Went out today and got the pictures.

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
At night, these rings exudes beautiful lights, making it a good tourist and romantic arena.

Unfortunately, I didn't go at night.

8 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Cousiim: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
mrphysics:
At night, these rings exudes beautiful lights, making it a good tourist and romantic arena.

Unfortunately, I didn't go at night.

In Nantes or Paris?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by themaestro08(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2020
Cousiim:

In Nantes or Paris?

Nantes
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:18pm On Aug 04, 2020
Rosarie Park Nantes.

This is another beautiful park in Nantes. It's actually flower park. It has lots of flowers and beautiful cum romantic environment.

Coming here alone isn't good for your stay. Because you won't feel comfortable at all. You must go with someone. However, I defy that by going alone grin grin

Welcome to Rosarie Park Nantes

8 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
This park is extremely beautiful and neatly taken care of.

They are lots of different segments of the park depending on what you want. It also has kids playground.

It also has a flowing water with lots of fishes. I learned you don't fish there, the reason the fishes are so big and floats around.

For instance, they are lots of fishes in this small water with these Swams

Tourists visit this place and this river, throw some foods for the swams and fishes.

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
1. Do you have a wife, children or girl friend
2. Are you in love?
3. Are you romantic?
4. Do you want a quiet and serene environment to reaffirm your commitments to each other?

If you answer yes to any of the above questions, then you should visit here

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
It's summer,

The weather is good, the sun is bright, and the Park is ready to receive you

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
The heart is not the only place of love.

Trust me, this park is a place of love.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
I feel like it's a sin to enter this place alone. grin grin grin (don't over think it)

Though I entered with someone cheesy cheesy cheesy But I was alone tongue tongue tongue

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2020
I felt peace here, I met one on one with calmness, the flowers provided the love I needed to have a pleasant moment here. Now, Lord, next time I will visit here, may Mrphysics not go alone (at heart)

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
Good night guys and talk to you tomorrow

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by kolladey(m): 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
mrphysics:
I felt peace here, I met one on one with calmness, the flowers provided the love I needed to have a pleasant moment here. Now, Lord, next time I will visit here, may Mrphysics not go alone (at heart)
Hmmmmm, mrphysics, is like na this place u will ask Barbara will u marry me and she will answer YESSS with the speed of light.
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2020
kolladey:

Hmmmmm, mrphysics, is like na this place u will ask Barbara will u marry me and she will answer YESSS with the speed of light.
grin grin grin
Honestly bro, I don't know what you are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (47) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. / Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.