Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

My France Picture Gallery - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My France Picture Gallery (138826 Views)

How Do I Appeal My France Tourist Visa / Nike Art Gallery, Freedom Park & National Museum In Pictures / Issues With My France Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My France Picture Gallery by kolladey(m): 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
mrphysics:
Honestly bro, I don't know what you are talking about.
Lol. Boss,you are doing well !

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Suspectzero(m): 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2020
mrphysics:
Of course we understand people's view when they fail to issue SLO for nuclear facilities. They are afraid of the risk involved. But then, we know that our risk perception differ and there's no absolute definition of risk.

Like I earlier said, people's decision is often not rational. They choose their risk and reject others. Thus, it is in order to say that risk is a human defined concept. Let us see how people take accept risks and reject others. They transfer this irrational decision or perception of risk on nuclear facilities even though the existence of nuclear facilities does not pose much risk compared to other risks that have been accepted by same people in time past.

1. Chronic smokers accept the risk of smoking but feel greatly at risk when they are close to a nuclear power plant even though the risks may be the same or equivalent
2. People feel comfortable when they make calls while driving , but perceive as very risky when they are in a car driven by a driver making calls while driving.
3. Risky behaviors such as unsafe sex, drugs, etc involving pleasures are widely accepted but same can not be extended to Nuclear projects.

And the list continues.

This is obviously because people would rather be in control of these inherent risks to their lives rather than have others wield that risk over them. It's a simple thing about being in control. People hate to feel like they are not in control of what gets to happen to them, especially when we are talking about life and death.

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Ahappy: 7:13am On Aug 06, 2020
Suspectzero:

This is obviously because people would rather be in control of these inherent risks to their lives rather than have others wield that risk over them. It's a simple thing about being in control. People hate to feel like they are not in control of what gets to happen to them, especially when we are talking about life and death.

please boss,how easy is it for one to get a nursing job in France, Paris to be precise?
Re: My France Picture Gallery by Precision79: 9:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
Great job you are doing here Mrphysics. At last I was able to get to page 40 of this thread. It has been an interesting read.

I would be resuming in Nantes next semester. You have already given me a foretaste, thanks to your highly descriptive write-ups backed up with pictures.

I hope to meet with you in person when I arrive. Kudos bro!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 11:26am On Aug 13, 2020
Precision79:
Great job you are doing here Mrphysics. At last I was able to get to page 40 of this thread. It has been an interesting read.

I would be resuming in Nantes next semester. You have already given me a foretaste, thanks to your highly descriptive write-ups backed up with pictures.

I hope to meet with you in person when I arrive. Kudos bro!
Great.You are welcome to France and Nantes in particular.

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Boyhood: 10:39am On Aug 23, 2020
mrphysics:

Thanks you
Re: My France Picture Gallery by 2Lynx(m): 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mrphysics nice thread you have here...apart from the lil exposure gotten from your thread as partained to Nantes France.. The insightful writeup about the dynamics of the nuclear reactors and power plants still surpasses all.... Thumps up. more oil for your head.
Though i no understand half of 'em buh I go calm down read am over again.

8 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by 29Ade07: 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2020
mrphysics:

@MrPhysics,
I heard that France is not accepting international students this year. I mean students from outside EU.
Is this true?
Re: My France Picture Gallery by Boyhood: 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2020
29Ade07:

@MrPhysics,
I heard that France is not accepting international students this year. I mean students from outside EU.
Is this true?
I don't think it's true, check this topic
https://www.nairaland.com/1106291/securing-visa-france-applying-nigeria/147
Nigeria students are already getting their visa to France and Nigeria is not an EU country I know for sure.
Re: My France Picture Gallery by JayJos01: 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
Thanks so much for this interesting thread, mrphysics
I must say it is so insightful.
Will you be kind enough to provide any helpful suggestions to someone who just gained admission to IMT Atlantique student? You can respond via jidefak@yahoo.com.
Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
JayJos01:
Thanks so much for this interesting thread, mrphysics
I must say it is so insightful.
Will you be kind enough to provide any helpful suggestions to someone who just gained admission to IMT Atlantique student? You can respond via jidefak@yahoo.com.
Thanks so much
Hey bro. Sorry, it's been extremely intensive and stressful, hence the late response.

Welcome to IMT. It's going to be very stressful and challenging more than you can imagine or expect to be in a postgraduate study. It's more stressful and intensive than undergraduate study (especially NE). So be strong and stay positive.

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Brightfab(m): 9:47am On Dec 15, 2020
MrPhysics it's been a long while since we last heard from you, hope all is well?

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Fidelismaria: 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2020
mrphysics:

Hey bro. Sorry, it's been extremely intensive and stressful, hence the late response.

Welcome to IMT. It's going to be very stressful and challenging more than you can imagine or expect to be in a postgraduate study. It's more stressful and intensive than undergraduate study (especially NE). So be strong and stay positive.

Mrphysics longest time ooo

How Nantes?
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 2:00am On Dec 17, 2020
Brightfab:
MrPhysics it's been a long while since we last heard from you, hope all is well?
Hi bro. Thanks for checking up on me.

It's been a hellish studying period. Lol, my school makes studies difficult. Learning from 9am to 5:30pm everyday is too difficult plus the reports, homeworks, and sudden exams. All these pushed me inside.

I will be traveling this Christmas, hopefully, I will get some pictures and update this thread. I hope to visit Geneva in Switzerland. So expect an update soon.

7 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 2:04am On Dec 17, 2020
Fidelismaria:

Mrphysics longest time ooo

How Nantes?
Yes bro. Attached below is the my schedule that pushed me inside. It's my timetable from January 4th.

I hope you are doing great?

Nantes is fine, I think grin grin I hardly go out bro.

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by themaestro08(m): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
mrphysics:

It's been a hellish studying period. Lol, my school makes studies difficult. Learning from 9am to 5:30pm everyday is too difficult plus the reports, homeworks, and sudden exams. All these pushed me inside.

I will be traveling this Christmas, hopefully, I will get some pictures and update this thread. I hope to visit Geneva in Switzerland. So expect an update soon.

Welcome back man. Its great to have you back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
themaestro08:

Welcome back man. Its great to have you back.
Thanks boss. I will soon update the thread.

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Brightfab(m): 9:28am On Dec 20, 2020
mrphysics:

We can't wait for the Geneva pictures wink
Wishing you all the best

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by 2Lynx(m): 10:13pm On Dec 20, 2020
cool
mrphysics:

Yes bro. Attached below is the my schedule that pushed me inside. It's my timetable from January 4th.

I hope you are doing great?

Nantes is fine, I think grin grin I hardly go out bro.

welcome back boss... you really deserve your Geneva trip. but don't forget to bless us with pictures these festive season oo cool

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 7:43am On Dec 24, 2020
Hi Guys,

Thanks again for the secret and open show of love and care you guys bestowed on me. To be very honest, it's not been a great studying experience and this is basically same for me and most of my classmates. This means implies it could be peculiar to only Nuclear Engineering program in IMT Atlantique. I think it could be much more organised and delivered.

It's either the French education system chose the difficult part of life or that my school decided to inherit difficulty. I tried to know, aside from my classmates, if other Nigerians in my school feel same. And the ones I asked share same opinion.

Maybe its just difficult coming out with a distinction grade GP in France, but the effort put towards pursuing this isn't a wasted one. grin grin You know that feeling of giving your all to something and their difficult system keeps frustrating you.

Also, I have not had a good emotional and psychological states and this is normal, given the lockdown, inactivity (exercises, etc), and the choking timetable. And this is why I think studying in UK, US, and Canada is much better. Because I don't see the reason why someone doing a 2 years masters will have a more tight schedule than students on a 1 year masters programme. For instance, this semester started September 2nd and will end February 10th. It's been crazy honestly. Hence, I think the programme could be better organised and delivered.

I know every student passes through same situation, be it masters and/or Ph.D. So do not see this as a negative review, but normal thing or say studying in France. I am just trying to explain my absence. I decided to give the 2nd year everything but the French system or say my school will find a way to make you feel it doesn't matter when you give everything, and that what matters is the French system and it's difficulty.

Again thank you for always checking on me. I gave everything for this second year, not going out, meeting people, or even wanting people to meet me. I thought it would be enough, but again, it proves life is more about humans/people than the activities (whatever) humans created while living life.

3 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 7:56am On Dec 24, 2020
So yesterday, I visited Geneva in Switzerland like I promised. I have been on a short vacation.

Leaving my prison cum room gave me one of the best feelings to end the year. I actually don't lack money, not that I have enough of it but in life, I am always contented with whatever I have. But I have lacked communication with people. I disassociated myself from human interaction and relationships and its been killing me. grin grin grin The difference between my room and prison is just that in prison you don't have the freedom of movement whereas I have. Fortunately in Nantes, I have free transport card to go anywhere but my school won't even want you to step out.

This led to the decision of traveling this December. I wanted to come to Nigeria but it wasn't an option until the end of my studies when I will come back and reengineer everything about living abroad. I would want to be in an English Speaking country or remain in Nigeria (maybe we will talk about this later, however, it has nothing to do with France. The only difficult thing in France is studying in France. Every other thing is easy and great too).

So let me use pictures to show you my Geneva experience.

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:35am On Dec 24, 2020
I am having issues uploading on nairaland
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:38am On Dec 24, 2020
It all started in a small neighbouring town which is 30 minutes by train and 40 minutes by car, 9 hrs if you wish to trek to Geneva.
To and fro cost me 15 euros.

Lodging is less expensive here and its better to stay in this French side when visiting Geneva except if you have enough money. It's expensive in Geneva.

Unfortunately, my ticket wasn't checked and the ticket is valid for 1 week. Meaning I can go back if I wish or I lose the pictures taken during this trip. grin grin grin So don't worry

8 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2020
These are the first two pictures I took in Geneva. I am posting them alone because to me, it's symbolic.

You know that feeling you have when you touch down on a country you have always wanted to visit? Well, you don't get this feeling when you are on transit from one country to country. It's more like your bus stopping in Kogi for 15 minutes break and you count it as visiting Kogi. This feeling is different.

I must say, I had this feeling that Geneva will be a complete different country with France. Little did I know it is everything European.

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:53am On Dec 24, 2020
The only place I know, of course which I learned on nairaland is the United Nations headquarters in Geneva. I did little due diligence on the city and saw it was just a country of about 177k people. So one expects it to be relatively peaceful, small, with nothing much happening in it.

It's a beautiful, quiet, and normal city.

It boasts of having over 200 international organization headquartered in it. Known as the city of Peace, it houses among other international organizations, the Red Cross, "Croix Rouge" en Francais grin grin grin The currency is Swiss France. According to Google, 1 Swiss France is 0.92 Euro. You can use both Euro and France here. They speak both English and French, but French is the first language of communication, however, if you don't speak French, feel free to speak English and it will just be as though you speak French.

As the only place I know is the UN office, it thus became the first place I visited. So I bought the daily transport ticket. This ticket is 8 France (the currency is commonly called France, instead of the long Swiss France).

So this is the United Nations Office environment or surrounding. I took the Tram "Nations" (The train destination which is what trams are often called or identified with)

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2020
When you visit the United Nations Office in Geneva, you will be offered a seat. However, this seat is called the "Broken Chair."

It's symbolic and anyone that has visited or will visit Geneva will like to take a picture close/with this symbolic chair.

According to Google, "the broken chair is constructed of 5.5 tons of wood and is 12 metres (39 feet) high. It depicts a giant chair with a broken leg and stands across the street from the Palace of Nations, in Geneva. It symbolises opposition to land mines and cluster bombs, and acts as a reminder to politicians and others visiting Geneva."

With this, we will go on a break and reconvene in the evening grin grin

8 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by popeshemoo(m): 9:07am On Dec 24, 2020
Good to have you back mrphysics.
I've heard terrible stories about French education.. I Think it is a French thing not a school thing. I wish you success bro. I am applying for a program in central nantes... Though I am really not convinced with the reports I am getting, I still hope I get in

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
popeshemoo:
Good to have you back mrphysics.
I've heard terrible stories about French education.. I Think it is a French thing not a school thing. I wish you success bro. I am applying for a program in central nantes... Though I am really not convinced with the reports I am getting, I still hope I get in
Thanks bro. Yes, it's the French thing and also some schools also give enough stress.

If you are in the Grande Ecoles and/or Grande Ecole Engineering schools, you should expect a tough study time. And I can confirm with you that Centrale Nantes is one of the Grande Ecole Engineering School in France. Finished this year as the 4th best Engineering School in France.

I wish you all the best in your application. It's good to have a taste of the French Engineering programme. That way, you have a 'first-person' experience.

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by hemmy2243: 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
Do you need to consult a pharmacist or physician without leaving your abode, you can achieve good health from the comfort of your home, do not forget that health is wealth,click https:///CYqiKHWzjk46axGpZ8m4tf you are just a click away to the right source of your best physician..[b][/b]
Re: My France Picture Gallery by popeshemoo(m): 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
mrphysics:

Thanks bro. Yes, it's the French thing and also some schools also give enough stress.

If you are in the Grande Ecoles and/or Grande Ecole Engineering schools, you should expect a tough study time. And I can confirm with you that Centrale Nantes is one of the Grande Ecole Engineering School in France. Finished this year as the 4th best Engineering School in France.

I wish you all the best in your application. It's good to have a taste of the French Engineering programme. That way, you have a 'first-person' experience.
It is an erasmus program so I will only spend one semester in nantes.. I do hope I get in.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (47) (Reply)

Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) / Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.