Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

My France Picture Gallery - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My France Picture Gallery (138566 Views)

How Do I Appeal My France Tourist Visa / Nike Art Gallery, Freedom Park & National Museum In Pictures / Issues With My France Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My France Picture Gallery by ranger123: 10:46pm On Feb 24, 2021
mrphysics:
Guys, the journey that started 17th September, 2019 has academically ended.

Thanks for walking with me through this tough journey, your kind wishes, and prayers are all appreciated. I am very grateful.

Now, we will have alot of time to gist, chat, and the rest.

Congratulations Sir. Thanks for being selfless with your knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Boyhood: 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
Hello Mr physics

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by nitrogen(m): 12:30am On Apr 25, 2021
mrphysics:
Hi Guys,

I haven't ran away grin grin grin

Thank God the 18 months academic activities is gradually coming to an end. We will officially end it on February 10th. A journey you have all been part of. The next hurdle now is internship. Currently, getting internship has proven difficult. Everything academics seems to be difficult in France. Lol.
However, I am not losing faith. Will keep applying.

So if you have any link to internship in Nuclear Engineering, let me know. Being the kind of industry it is, we know it can be difficult as most companies would prioritize their citizens first. However, I am open to laboratories or companies anywhere.

I will continue posting the pictures I took in Switzerland next month. I do hope to have gotten internship by then. It's crazy. Lol.

I guess you have an internship by now. If you want to have a career in Nuclear engineering, Canada is not a bad country for it. You can try to immigrate ASAP. The industry is technical and a bit controversial (due to waste storage and disposal issues), but I can assure you that the fed and some provincial governments are backing the technology big time because it’s clean.

Know anything about SMRs (Small Modular Reactors)?

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 6:34am On Apr 25, 2021
nitrogen:

I guess you have an internship by now. If you want to have a career in Nuclear engineering, Canada is not a bad country for it. You can try to immigrate ASAP. The industry is technical and a bit controversial (due to waste storage and disposal issues), but I can assure you that the fed and some provincial governments are backing the technology big time because it’s clean.

Know anything about SMRs (Small Modular Reactors)?
Yes, currently doing my internship.

Again, I do have a plan of immigrating to an English speaking country. To better have a career in the Nuclear Industry, due to it's technicalities, having a PhD is very important. I am looking out for PhDs in English speaking countries.

Canada's Nuclear Reactor design (CANDU is sort of a unique design. Only India uses same reactor design. We were not thought more of it but then the entire idea is the same.

Sure, I know about SMRs. Currently, I am working on one. SMRs are still in research and experimental stage. They run on fast spectrum and are able to breed their own fuel and minimize waste. They are the so called Gen. IV reactors. In my internship, I am working on a Sodium Fast Reactor, it's an experimental reactor.

They generate power up to 300MW. Nigeria should adopt this approach to nuclear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2021
Boyhood:
Hello Mr physics

Lol, thanks bro.

I am even working with some of these libraries. The Evaluated Nuclear Data File (ENDF) library is the US library of nuclear cross section data. In my internship, I am using the ENDF library. There's also the JEFF library and the rest. The source of the data is from NJOY, an experiment that feeds the cross section data.

Would be interesting to learn more theoretical stuff about the library though I know some things already. But I can't join because it's physical. Lol

Thanks again boyhood. Waiting for your adulthood. Lol

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by noblealuu: 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2021
mrphysics:
Guys, the journey that started 17th September, 2019 has academically ended.

Thanks for walking with me through this tough journey, your kind wishes, and prayers are all appreciated. I am very grateful.

Now, we will have alot of time to gist, chat, and the rest.

It's never late to say congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by DrealAce: 10:00am On May 06, 2021
Hello MrPhysics with what I've read I believe you are in IMT Atlantique
So I have a few questions for you
1. What's your experience so far?
2. I was recently admitted to study process and bioprocess engineering 2021, although I'm still waiting for the total scholarship... I already have a job here so I'm kind of undecided, because I don't know what the full offer is yet. So what's the opportunity for someone that studies bioprocess engineering in Nates after school, are there job opportunities?
3. Do ụ know someo currently studying with total scholarship there?
4. Can I get your WhatsApp number of Instagram address so we can talk?

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by emeritus007: 11:51am On May 06, 2021
DrealAce:
Hello MrPhysics with what I've read I believe you are in IMT Atlantique
So I have a few questions for you
1. What's your experience so far?
2. I was recently admitted to study process and bioprocess engineering 2021, although I'm still waiting for the total scholarship... I already have a job here so I'm kind of undecided, because I don't know what the full offer is yet. So what's the opportunity for someone that studies bioprocess engineering in Nates after school, are there job opportunities?
3. Do ụ know someo currently studying with total scholarship there?
4. Can I get your WhatsApp number of Instagram address so we can talk?
Successful awardees for total scholarship have been contacted. Usually not more than 10 candidates.

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by DrealAce: 1:27pm On May 06, 2021
emeritus007:

Successful awardees for total scholarship have been contacted. Usually not more than 10 candidates.

Oooh
I didn't know that.

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 7:16am On Jul 20, 2021
Hi guys,

Since we started this together, I wish to inform you all how it's going. For the past few months, I have given myself to the internship and I finished first week of this month, 2 months away from the official end date.

The internship remains the my best experience so far. I had a very good supervisor who even doubled as a brother. He exposed me to all the tools I need to have a say in the Reactor Physics Field. He was open to teach, guide and help me whenever I am stuck.

My supervisor was impressed with my commitment and passion. I did what he never expected we could do and the results were amazing. Our results in the second part compares perfectly well with what a very well known expert in the topic did last year with different tool, code, and method. He was so excited with what I got and the told me he will give me the highest of the grades. He even told me to apply for the best masters thesis in the place I did my internship. He's even looking out for opportunities for me and wished he had PhD topic and grant to work on.

Doing the internship in Belgium Nuclear Research Institute exposed me to the forefront of research. I had all the computational tools to my disposal and my supervisor helped in teaching me as much as I am willing to learn. I finished more confident and happy that I achieved the thesis objectives and more. Even my school supervisor was happy with my results.

So from now and until the end of August, I will continue to write my thesis. I already have the first draft just to make it more professional and less than 30 pages requested by the school. My supervisor even promised to help me write some parts of my thesis. I told him not to. I will do my best while he edits it.

My thesis topic is a benchmark program of the IAEA and as such, it's not yet open to the public and I happen to be the first to finish the work.

So this is how it went guys.

How are you all doing

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My France Picture Gallery by trigger11(m): 8:42am On Jul 20, 2021
mrphysics:
Hi guys,

Since we started this together, I wish to inform you all how it's going. For the past few months, I have given myself to the internship and I finished first week of this month, 2 months away from the official end date.

The internship remains the my best experience so far. I had a very good supervisor who even doubled as a brother. He exposed me to all the tools I need to have a say in the Reactor Physics Field. He was open to teach, guide and help me whenever I am stuck.

My supervisor was impressed with my commitment and passion. I did what he never expected we could do and the results were amazing. Our results in the second part compares perfectly well with what a very well known expert in the topic did last year with different tool, code, and method. He was so excited with what I got and the told me he will give me the highest of the grades. He even told me to apply for the best masters thesis in the place I did my internship. He's even looking out for opportunities for me and wished he had PhD topic and grant to work on.

Doing the internship in Belgium Nuclear Research Institute exposed me to the forefront of research. I had all the computational tools to my disposal and my supervisor helped in teaching me as much as I am willing to learn. I finished more confident and happy that I achieved the thesis objectives and more. Even my school supervisor was happy with my results.

So from now and until the end of August, I will continue to write my thesis. I already have the first draft just to make it more professional and less than 30 pages requested by the school. My supervisor even promised to help me write some parts of my thesis. I told him not to. I will do my best while he edits it.

My thesis topic is a benchmark program of the IAEA and as such, it's not yet open to the public and I happen to be the first to finish the work.

How are you all doing

if i say the amount of joy i always get when i read your comments ........... some of us are doing fine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
mrphysics:
Hi guys,

How are you all doing
Congratulations chief. Keep winning!

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Limassol(m): 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2021
You are a valuable asset but sadly Nigeria will lost you to countries with vision and ambition. By the way, glad to have you back.

3 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2021
trigger11:

if i say the amount of joy i always get when i read your comments ........... some of us are doing fine

Thank you so much bro.

The support from you guys helped me alot.

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2021
Limassol:
You are a valuable asset but sadly Nigeria will lost you to countries with vision and ambition. By the way, glad to have you back.

Thanks bro.

The country don't really care. That's why valuable assets keep living the country. Most times, it's not that they have what to do, but atleast with menial jobs, they can survive much better. If there is a place for them, many will be happy to return. But again, the country don't care.

Again, thank you so much.

6 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2021
Activist001:

Congratulations chief. Keep winning!
Thanks boss.

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by bezimo(m): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
mrphysics:
Hi guys,

How are you all doing

Try to look at schools in Canada. I see a lot of Nuclear Engineering stuff/job advertised.

3 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
bezimo:

Try to look at schools in Canada. I see a lot of Nuclear Engineering stuff/job advertised.

Yes bro. I am looking at that option. Seeking for a PhD there. Reason is that Canada uses the CANDUM reactor which to some extent is a different ball game. One needs to study it very well to be able to get a job in the mainstream nuclear.

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2021
As I round up my stay in this lovely city of Nantes, I am spending most of my free time to visiting Nature and another side of Nantes.

Will update this evening.

8 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Ajibade123(m): 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
mrphysics:
As I round up my stay in this lovely city of Nantes, I am spending most of my free time to visiting Nature and another side of Nantes.

Will update this evening.
sorry sir I know you might have answered this question before
For your masters in France were you on scholarship or you paid your school fees yourself and how were you able to feed and fend for yourself
Re: My France Picture Gallery by Boyhood: 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ajibade123:

sorry sir I know you might have answered this question before
For your masters in France were you on scholarship or you paid your school fees yourself and how were you able to feed and fend for yourself
You are right, he has answered that question before if you can go back and read just the first page of this thread, your answers are
there.

1 Like

Re: My France Picture Gallery by Swagz007(m): 10:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
In general your stay in France, is there racism over there in France, can someone leave in France, asking for a friend.
Re: My France Picture Gallery by Richdee1(m): 1:13am On Aug 08, 2021
Swagz007:
In general your stay in France, is there racism over there in France, can someone leave in France, asking for a friend.

No be humans dey live for there..
There is racism in every country
Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2021
Happy second Sunday of the month of August.

Remember that I told you that I have few days to leaving Nantes and France.

I have been emotional and sad seeing that this community was home to me this past 2 years. It's a very beautiful city with the best air, extremely low carbon emission, almost zero dust. It's warm, with good people (all be it boring). Nantes gave everything to it's inhabitants.

I am not an emotional person, but I have felt some strong emotional connection with this city. I have been invited by classmates to come to Italy, Vienna, and Paris, honestly, I have been attached to Nantes. A friend that left Nantes to Marseille couldn't compare it to Nantes even when it's more advanced.

Nantes is calm, friendly, and enjoyable.

I must admit is boring, well, it's generally the lifestyle in Europe. But if you know how to enjoy your company, then this is the city for you.

9 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by trigger11(m): 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2021
so i follow this trend from day one till now that you are about to leave

all the best mrphysics

5 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2021
I visited the other side of France. A friend rented an apartment there and invited me. Been there for sometime. It's called Ile De Nantes, similar to the Ile De Paris.

Like I noticed, every city or department in France wants to duplicate Paris. So it's not surprising to realize there's no difference between the Foch Cathedral Nantes and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris.

The Montparnasse tower in Paris is also in Nantes (The longest tower in both cities).

But one thing about the Ile De Nantes is that it does not depict the European city style. It takes the form of the modern city. The high rise buildings, electric vehicles, buses, etc. From my side to this side is very close, just one Tram and you can locate anywhere. With same ticket you can go anywhere.

For students, your transport ticket is free in most French city save Paris.

Here are some building types in this part of Nantes.

3 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2021
First picture is a new site being developed. When next I visit France (Nantes), would like to check the progress.

4 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2021
Nantes aligns itself with nature. It's common to see the city covered with trees and green areas. It makes the city beautiful and the air most refreshing.

The first breath you will take in Nantes will change everything you know about climate change. The concept of climate change will become flesh and you will automatically know the premium air quality.

So I visited the Jardin De Plants. This garden is directly opposite the Nantes Train Station. It's beautiful and green.

5 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
trigger11:
so i follow this trend from day one till now that you are about to leave

all the best mrphysics

Thanks for being part of the journey bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2021
Swagz007:

There's racism everywhere, even worst in Nigeria anyway.

In France, there's racism but you may not notice it. You will only observe it when people give you fake smile, fake friendship, fake everything. But it shouldn't bother you as it won't stop you from anything.

Naturally, the French are very conservative and want to mingle among themselves. If you want them, then you will have to force yourself on them. Most people won't do that, so they enjoy their company and don't care.

8 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by NiklauseFred(m): 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
mrphysics:

There's racism everywhere, even worst in Nigeria anyway.

In France, there's racism but you may not notice it. You will only observe it when people give you fake smile, fake friendship, fake everything. But it shouldn't bother you as it won't stop you from anything.

Naturally, the French are very conservative and want to mingle among themselves. If you want them, then you will have to force yourself on them. Most people won't do that, so they enjoy their company and don't care.

Pls do you mind updating this thread after you leave for ur next location?

2 Likes

Re: My France Picture Gallery by mrphysics(m): 6:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
Every evening, I take a walk around my area. I live in Nantes Nord (Nantes North)

It's always a lonely walk as there's no one to walk with.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply)

Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) / Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.