Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? (20211 Views)

Is Seun Still In Charge Of Nairaland? / I Need A Foreign Facebook Account / I Need A Foreign Investor To Partner With In Waste Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by PassingShot(m): 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2019
budaatum:

I don't think this is true.
No one sees a reported post!
It's true. It's what I experienced.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by PassingShot(m): 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2019
blujoi:
Is that true? I was thinking it gets the account banned. Then how do you get accounts banned or taken down?

Quote the post and cc one or two mods to act on it.
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by iHart(m): 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2019
Seun, I thought you said you have worked on images like this? See what somebody posted on front page.

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by budaatum: 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by Jackossky(m): 12:19am On Sep 24, 2019
Seun:
I cannot solve all your complaints about Nairaland at once. At best, I can tackle issues one at a time after identifying which issues are most urgent, and even this requires the cooperation of my staff because there is not much that I can do by myself.

I don’t know why Nairalanders act as if all their complaints are one and the same when clearly, they are very different and require different solutions. It baffles me a lot. Someone says, “I am hungry”. Another says “me too, I haven’t had sex in 6 months”. A third person says “me too, my boss sacked me”. And they are all after me like, “why are you refusing to solve this problem?” “Nairaland is totally destroyed”, etc.

The most troubling thing mentioned so far are the image spammers. I thought we had handled them a few weeks ago after enabling a new moderating tool for the supermods. Did anyone notice the improvement? Did things get worse after getting better, or was there no noticeable improvement at any point?

I like this guy
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by iHart(m): 12:37am On Sep 24, 2019
OK, we now have a new theme/outlook...

grin
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by meobizy(f): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2019
...and this why I moved to Reddit.
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by leoaso(m): 10:30am On Sep 24, 2019
samuelthaking:

I was even working on a web plugin to allow you to post emojis on Nairaland using images, but everytime I test it the stupid spambot will ban me thinking I am posting spam images.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by DUNKA(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2019
The new theme of Nairaland is wack. Please the old or a better upgraded theme should be used.

Haba we are in 2019 fa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by iHart(m): 11:15am On Sep 24, 2019
I disagree with you DUNKA, the new interface is cool and simple.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by meobizy(f): 10:00pm On Sep 24, 2019
PassingShot:

Report button only hides the particular post from you. Others still see it.
I thought I was the only one who noticed this. I once created a thread and what I got for my trouble were thirty one comments of pure trolling. I clicked report on all of them only to find out when I logged in using a friend's account that the offending posts were invisible only to me. For some reason whenever a mod deletes my comment it disappears completely but the same doesn't happen if I press report.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by unbitchable(m): 8:34am On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by unbitchable(m): 8:36am On Oct 04, 2019
Seun:
Still waiting for links to the threads that people are complaining about. In my experience, it's better to deal with specifics.
Mr. Seun, a thread was opened earlier this morning and it was subsequently deleted by a Moderator. It was deleted for none other than the fact that it had broken NO rule. In summary, it was a topic about tech startups and how yoruba entrepreneurs are able to dominate the tech sector to earn foreign exchange. It came as a shock that the thread was deleted twice, although, another member of the forum had opened the thread, but I could provide a copy if you would kindly allow me that you may pass a judgement.
I fear that some of your Mods may be very tribalistic, which is very unsafe for our social and topical interactions on this forum.
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by valarinz: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2019
unbitchable:

Mr. Seun, a thread was opened earlier this morning and it was subsequently deleted by a Moderator. It was deleted for none other than the fact that it had broken NO rule. In summary, it was a topic about tech startups and how yoruba entrepreneurs are able to dominate the tech sector to earn foreign exchange. It came as a shock that the thread was deleted twice, although, another member of the forum had opened the thread, but I could provide a copy if you wolud kindly allow me that you may pass a judgement.
I fear that some of your Mods may be very tribalistic, which is very unsafe for our social and topical interactions on this forum.

Irony....

Same tribalism we're asking him to stand up against?

Or are you angry your tribe which you consider superior shouldnt get the ban or are you mad Seun being a member of same tribe should stand on your side or what?

Let us Africans try and develop some sense na, western and Asian nations are competing on who will innovate best to help mankind and their people, over here, my country men are still fighting primitive tribal warfares

angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2019
Elijahrona:

Good evening sir. I must commend you for a great job so far. Instead of complaining, i am here to make suggestions:
1. A new section for sustainability should be created. Most people are interested in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), conservation and other scientific topics... We need a specific section.
2. Since Nairaland is unofficially the hub of Nigerian bloggers, you can come up with
s
that will connect all bloggers nationwide... You could open your own advertisement service (like AdSense) and pay bloggers to advertise for you (Nigerian businesses will appreciate). You could also open a blog to teach people how to blog and do other internet stuffs...
3. Nairaland should be upgraded. I mean the features. Upgrade it so it can support keyboard emojis and have a new appearance.

Thanks very much sir. I still lay emphasis on the first point.

I love your passion for sustainable Development..
Can I P.C you?
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by unbitchable(m): 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
valarinz:

Irony....

Same tribalism we're asking him to stand up against?

Or are you angry your tribe which you consider superior shouldnt get the ban or are you mad Seun being a member of same tribe should stand on your side or what?

Let us Africans try and develop some sense na, western and Asian nations are competing on who will innovate best to help mankind and their people, over here, my country men are still fighting primitive tribal warfares

angry angry
Which tribalism?
ok, let me indulge you.
Quoting Myself: "In summary, it was a topic about tech startups and how yoruba enterpreneurs are able to dominate the sector to earn foreign exchange". How does it insinuate/advance tribalism or provoke a section of a tribe?. Perhaps, you feel the need to showcase your inferiority complex.
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by faceland: 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
joseph1832:
Whatever happened to moving original content to front page. Almost all what we read on front page didn't enamate from this site.

Also, why did the competitions stop?

I am unfamiliar of what 'golden era' of Nairaland you speak about. Apart from breaking political news, trash is what makes it to the front page because that is what the mass public wants. It use to be anything Tonto Dike, then anything Regina Daniel (I forgot her name, the 18 years old that married a billionaire), now it's that bbnaija eviction bitch that I don't care to know.

Most of the people here are owners of "chewing gum blogs" who need contents that would stimulate clicks and views for advertisement revenue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by budaatum: 7:11pm On Oct 04, 2019
unbitchable:

Which tribalism?
ok, let me indulge you.
Quoting Myself: "In summary, it was a topic about tech startups and how yoruba enterpreneurs are able to dominate the sector to earn foreign exchange". How does it insinuate/advance tribalism or provoke a section of a tribe?. Perhaps, you feel the need to showcase your inferiority complex.
What? Can not see your tribal self or do you "feel the need to showcase your inferiority complex"?
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by budaatum: 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2019
DUNKA:
The new theme of Nairaland is wack. Please the old or a better upgraded theme should be used.

Haba we are in 2019 fa
But links are more difficult to see now!

Or did you see the link above as easily as you would have before?
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by joseph1832(m): 7:17pm On Oct 04, 2019
faceland:

I am unfamiliar of what 'golden era' of Nairaland you speak about. Apart from breaking political news, trash is what makes it to the front page because that is what the mass public wants. It use to be anything Tonto Dike, then anything Regina Daniel (I forgot her name, the 18 years old that married a billionaire), now it's that bbnaija eviction bitch that I don't care to know.

Most of the people here are owners of "chewing gum blogs" who need contents that would stimulate clicks and views for advertisement revenue.
I registered on this forum before you and given your post history, I've been more active here than you. Believe me when I tell you there was a time when Nairaland frontpage was filled with thrilling topics.

Now this forum is but a shadow of its former self and the nonsense you mentioned is what is en vogue now.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by unbitchable(m): 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
budaatum:

What? Can not see your tribal self or do you "feel the need to showcase your inferiority complex"?

what are you on about?
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by budaatum: 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
joseph1832:
I registered on this forum before you .....
I just had to check. Dates of reg is September 16, 2010 and November 23, 2010.

Which of you is older?
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by budaatum: 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2019
unbitchable:

what are you on about?
You were being tribal with your "yoruba entrepreneurs are able to dominate"!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by unbitchable(m): 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2019
budaatum:

You were being tribal with your "yoruba entrepreneurs are able to dominate"!
when has "yoruba" become a tribal slur?. When has it become a crime to attach a tribe to an achievement?. How often do we see some people say igbo control business yet no one bat an eye lid even though such an assertion is very much arguable. Pls, be reasonable.
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by Elijahrona(m): 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
Adanairaland:

I love your passion for sustainable Development..
Can I P.C you?

Please do. Send a mail with your name and phone number to elijahakwijoro@gmail.com so I can chat you up.

Thanks very much
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by joseph1832(m): 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2019
budaatum:

I just had to check. Dates of reg is September 16, 2010 and November 23, 2010.

Which of you is older?
September 16 2010 is older than November 23, 2010. Or you still want to argue, Mr alternate moniker?
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by valarinz: 11:38pm On Oct 04, 2019
unbitchable:

Which tribalism?
ok, let me indulge you.

Tribal warlord on a faceless forum!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by valarinz: 11:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
unbitchable:

when has "yoruba" become a tribal slur?. When has it become a crime to attach a tribe to an achievement?. How often do we see some people say igbo control business yet no one bat an eye lid even though such an assertion is very much arguable. Pls, be reasonable.

Last last, an archaic ethnic local champion will always be one.

Sir, you and those 'Igbo Amaka' crew are the issues with current day NL. If Seun made this forum less "faceless", the likes of you will slow down on the volume of tribal superiority war you wage on this forum too.

I'll only advise u get busy outside NL and see life truly for what it is. It's not 'war' out there as you guys try to paint it on NL, either ways one day you'll leave your parents and enter the real world and you'll learn the hard way that you need to work together with members of all tribes to make any form of progress in life.

May that day come fast enough for you, Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by unbitchable(m): 12:22am On Oct 05, 2019
valarinz:

Last last, an archaic ethnic local champion will always be one.

Sir, you and those 'Igbo Amaka' crew are the issues with current day NL. If Seun made this forum less "faceless", the likes of you will slow down on the volume of tribal superiority war you wage on this forum too.

I'll only advise u get busy outside NL and see life truly for what it is. It's not 'war' out there as you guys try to paint it on NL, either ways one day you'll leave your parents and enter the real world and you'll learn the hard way that you need to work together with members of all tribes to make any form of progress in life.

May that day come fast enough for you, Cheers
I'm on twitter & facebook, how faceless are both?.
My being here was about a thread which you never saw, a thread talking about how tech startups has helped earn forex and a potential alternative to oil.
If you feel the urge to share a piece of advice, then go advice your father.
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by budaatum: 3:32am On Oct 05, 2019
joseph1832:
September 16 2010 is older than November 23, 2010. Or you still want to argue, Mr alternate moniker?
Its true o! You older!!
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by valarinz: 8:24am On Oct 05, 2019
unbitchable:

I'm on twitter & facebook, how faceless are both?.
My being here was about a thread which you never saw, a thread talking about how tech startups has helped earn forex and a potential alternative to oil.
If you feel the urge to share a piece of advice, then go advice your father.

Once it gets to this, the debate has been won and lost.

You see the way it pains you now to feel helpless as all logical points to debate with has vanished and you have been beaten silly? Thts whats making you resort to personal attacks on my parents, with the hope it'll dish out equal amount of hurts to me, such as you're feeling now.

Let me offer you a solution : quit tribalism an focus on personal growth and development, then you'll realise how fast and high you'll soar. Cheers
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by whirlwind7(m): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2019
valarinz:

Once it gets to this, the debate has been won and lost.

You see the way it pains you now to feel helpless as all logical points to debts with has vanished and you have been beaten silly? Thts whats making you resort to personal attacks on my parents, with the hope it'll dish out equal amount of hurts to me, such as you're feeling now.

Let me offer you a solution : quit tribalism an focus on personal growth and development, then you'll realise how fast and high you'll soar. Cheers

Bro, say no more!
You've made your point grin
That nigga should be in severe, excruciating physical and emotional trauma now.
Never jump into the gutters with him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nathaniel Bassey Shares His Relationship Experience (so Educative) / Neigbours That Will Point Fire Extinguisher Not Phones: Tweet Of The Day / Chinese Girl Writes With Both Hands At A Time, In Different Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.