Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,747 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) (81394 Views)

Homeless Nigerian Man Asks To Be Sent Home From Cambodia (photos) / Two Homeless Nigerian Women Spotted Crying On The Streets Of Rome / Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by ogbonti: 12:32am On Sep 18, 2019
gypsey:
Mate! i have done uber eats, numerous times, i have their account, They need work permit, tax HMRC documents or passport or NI numbers. they need an Account number to pay your earnings into weekly, How would all that be possible without work permit/passport.

Thank God you have done this before and u are speaking from experience.... I hate it when people come to Nairaland to misinform others based on what someone else told them or just what they feel is the truth, thanks for educating him!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 18, 2019
missjo:

Which part is not true?
That Americans are more comfortable having Mexicans around working those jobs than Africans?cheesy
The problem is that Africans don't even have the skill set to do those jobs. As menial as they look.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by lereinter(m): 4:32am On Sep 18, 2019
After reading this story, I saw a similar one on CNN

Ogun WA Ni aye

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/17/us/los-angeles-yale-graduate-homeless/index.html

Only Jehovah can save

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by judgementyard(m): 6:26am On Sep 18, 2019
otipoju:

It all depends on so many factors.

The city that he is in.
The connects that he has made
The kind of people he lived in when he first arrived.
Information that he is exposed to and so many other stuff.

As for renting an apartment, that is the hardest thing to do even if he has all the money in the world but dont have papers.
Ok
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by worldclass68(m): 6:54am On Sep 18, 2019
ogbonti:

According to OSHIOMOLE... go and d I e

you just confirmed that your stupidity and foolishness is second to none.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by pansophist(m): 7:10am On Sep 18, 2019
healthserve:
Some people won't flourish even if dropped in abundance. Their minds won't just function

Perhaps in search for helper

Pansophist/Daddytime I lie?

CalgaryFriend where have you been. You owe me a gist

People still de travel go the US? If this guy was in Europe, he can never be homeless at the very least. In the developed world, america is the 3rd world of them all. From lack of public healthcare to lack of free education, homelessness and for-profit prison, mentally deranged population saddled with kilos of fats from junk food, racism, and inhumane capitalism, no person with the right frame of mind should migrate to America.

The US can only appeal to those from the 3rd world, since it's one step higher than their home country, and are a victim of the outdated ''American dream'' propaganda the US skilled media have sold repetitively to them. Its indeed, beyond shame that a country that purveys itself as the beacon of democracy and freedom, the richest on the planet controlling 1/4 of global wealth has all these problems. It's not an individual issue, it's the system.

A country that spent over half a trillion dollars bombing other countries instead of building them, expanding military instead of expanding its social safety net, exporting "democracy and freedom" instead of providing good infrastructures, healthcare and free educations". What a sad place to be.

Even more shameful that America as a country started as a social democracy (like the Scandinavia), but lost it along the way to the gripping hands of brutal capitalism. If less rich countries (e.g Slovakia) dont have this problem, how can you explain the US? If hell surely does exist, US is the headquarter.

3 Likes

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by healthserve(m): 7:24am On Sep 18, 2019
pansophist:

People still de travel go US? If this guy was in Europe, he can never be homeless at the very least. In the developed world, america is the 3rd world of them all. From lack of public healthcare, to lack of free education, homelessness and for-profit prison, mentally deranged population saddled with kilos of fats from junk food, racism and inhumane capitalism, no person with the right frame of mind should migrate to America.

The US can only appeal to those from the 3rd world, since it's one step higher than their home country, and are a victim of the outdated american dream propaganda the US skilled media have sold repetitively to them. Its indeed, beyond shame that a country that purvey itself as the beacon of democracy and freedom, the richest on the planet controlling 1/4 of global wealth has all these problems. It's not an individual issue, it's the system.

Even more shameful that America as a country started as a social democracy (like the Scandinavia), but lost it along the way to the gripping hands of brutal capitalism. If less richer countries (e.g Slovakia) dont have this problem, how can you explain the US? If hell surely do exist, US is the headquarter.

Hahahahaha what did U.S do to you bro?

To think of it, the systems run by for example nations like Norway, Denmark is absolutely amazing.

2 Likes

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by timesup234: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2019
healthserve:

Hahahahaha what did U.S do to you bro?

To think of it, the systems run by for example nations like Norway, Denmark is absolutely amazing.
US no do am anything. Embrace the truth and stop living in lies. America is a shithole. Capitalism which is an unholy pursuit of fifthy sucre has destroyed the mental state of most Americans. It is a dream that cant be attained.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by healthserve(m): 7:52am On Sep 18, 2019
timesup234:
US no do am anything. Embrace the truth and stop living in lies. America is a shithole. Capitalism which is an unholy pursuit of fifthy sucre has destroyed the mental state of most Americans. It is a dream that cant be attained.

Are you okay upstairs?

Who's talking to you?

You have mental issues now. Abi they haven't caught you yet.

You spent almost 14 days and over 500 comments venting your negative energy on U.S

One quarter your comments even two years back was negative/hating on U.S

Please swerve, let me entertain sensible persons.

You need help block head

2 Likes

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by timesup234: 7:52am On Sep 18, 2019
pansophist:

People still de travel go US? If this guy was in Europe, he can never be homeless at the very least. In the developed world, america is the 3rd world of them all. From lack of public healthcare, to lack of free education, homelessness and for-profit prison, mentally deranged population saddled with kilos of fats from junk food, racism and inhumane capitalism, no person with the right frame of mind should migrate to America.

The US can only appeal to those from the 3rd world, since it's one step higher than their home country, and are a victim of the outdated american dream propaganda the US skilled media have sold repetitively to them. Its indeed, beyond shame that a country that purvey itself as the beacon of democracy and freedom, the richest on the planet controlling 1/4 of global wealth has all these problems. It's not an individual issue, it's the system.

A country that spent over half a trillion dollare bombing other countries instead of building them, expanding military instead of expanding its social safety net, exporting "democracy and freedom" instead of providing good infrastructures, healthcare and free educations". What a sad place to be.

Even more shameful that America as a country started as a social democracy (like the Scandinavia), but lost it along the way to the gripping hands of brutal capitalism. If less richer countries (e.g Slovakia) dont have this problem, how can you explain the US? If hell surely do exist, US is the headquarter.
Na man you be! Make them give you 50 litres of palm wine and full roasted ram. You too sabi
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 18, 2019
ogbonti:

How many US citizens born here with no drug problem, no criminal history, with high school or associates and willing to work earn decent wages? Before you argue, if you really live in America, go to your local work source and find out, na people like u dey make others resign their well paying jobs in Naija to become destitutes here and when they call u, u will block them on WhatsApp, and be laughing at their misfortune inside ur bedroom. The promise u just made right now, even Trump cannot promise US citizens that... guy, repent oooo
We are not talking about US born citizens, Are we? There are Thousands of US born whites/blacks/hispanic/Asians, who are Homeless, convicts, Junkies or Alchoholics.. But they are Allowed Benefits, Food stamps or wellfare money.

In the case of This guy, he may not be entitled to Any benefits.

You have never met me, but you have concluded on my behaviour, That's fine.

I could get Donald Trump a Job in a countryside farm if he had No papers.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 18, 2019
pansophist:

People still de travel go the US? If this guy was in Europe, he can never be homeless at the very least. In the developed world, america is the 3rd world of them all. From lack of public healthcare to lack of free education, homelessness and for-profit prison, mentally deranged population saddled with kilos of fats from junk food, racism, and inhumane capitalism, no person with the right frame of mind should migrate to America.

The US can only appeal to those from the 3rd world, since it's one step higher than their home country, and are a victim of the outdated ''American dream'' propaganda the US skilled media have sold repetitively to them. Its indeed, beyond shame that a country that purveys itself as the beacon of democracy and freedom, the richest on the planet controlling 1/4 of global wealth has all these problems. It's not an individual issue, it's the system.

A country that spent over half a trillion dollars bombing other countries instead of building them, expanding military instead of expanding its social safety net, exporting "democracy and freedom" instead of providing good infrastructures, healthcare and free educations". What a sad place to be.

Even more shameful that America as a country started as a social democracy (like the Scandinavia), but lost it along the way to the gripping hands of brutal capitalism. If less rich countries (e.g Slovakia) dont have this problem, how can you explain the US? If hell surely does exist, US is the headquarter.
This is Just a Sheer Personal sentimental Hatred for America, You have completely Digressed from the Topic to A Long Angry And Emotional Rant About America. Yes, America is Guilty of All that you have Accused it of, But that isn't the issue here.

And FYI there areThousands of Homeless People in Europe..

Homelessness Have been in Existence in America. since The Creation of America. it is not a Recent thing.

Just because America didn't work out fantastic for some people doesn't mean it didn't work out for Others.

America is still A land of Opportunities. If your head is Screwed in the Right place.

America is not a land where you want or expect everything for free. as per Fat doughnut, Mcdee Muching And Coca cola gulping individuals, They are in Every country, including Africa where they claim to be Starvations.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Babyvet: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2019
gypsey:
We are not talking about US born citizens, Are we? There are Thousands of US born whites/blacks/hispanic/Asians, who are Homeless, convicts, Junkies or Alchoholics.. But they are Allowed Benefits, Food stamps or wellfare money.

In the case of This guy, he may not be entitled to Any benefits.

You have never met me, but you have concluded on my behaviour, That's fine.

I could get Donald Trump a Job in a countryside farm if he had No papers.

Abeg , it’s obvious you are illegal in the us cause your stories no make sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by VillageHead: 10:33am On Sep 18, 2019
engrchykae:
bia village head,tell the chief priest to release this young man

Sir, meeting was held in the evening yesterday at the village square concerning his case. We deduced that some sacrificial items would be needed. The problem as it stands now is 'who to bail' the cat. Would you be able to provide those items for him?
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 18, 2019
Babyvet:

Abeg , it’s obvious you are illegal in the us cause your stories no make sense at all.
Thank you, grin grin keep telling yourself that And Ofcourse, it wouldn't make sense to you. Now, Tell me which state/Address to meet you in America, I will show up with my passport. I am that Crazy.

Otherwise, move da hell on!
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by franchasng: 10:35am On Sep 18, 2019
ogbonti:

First of all, I am very sorry for the 11 willing souls who are so determined to get lost that liked the gabbage u posted here

As I read thru all u wrote, one thing kept screaming at me, u have never been to the US before and it is screaming to me from all u wrote

1. 90% of Nigerians do odd jobs? Who did the survey? How did you arrive at 90? Please provide a statistically varified link for all to see

2. So every professional job here for Naija is medical right? Where are the lawyers, engineers, teachers, professors, real estate pros?

3. assured of $5 per hour which is rare? How much does your African restaurant owners pay Naija people working for Per hour?

4. America is where all dreams come true, so the millions who are homeless in most cities don’t have dreams abi? Or all are lazy?

5. U never really been to US because u are calculating $5 * 360 to equate living standards here in naira. $5/ hr won’t rent a room 4 u

6. U convert dollars to naira to conclude A laborer here is better than a bank manager in Naija. $2,000 here is same as N50,000 in 9ja

7. Land of dreamers, bro, all the dreamers Obama gave temporary work permit who are now out of status, where is their dream today?

8. With $7.25 minimum wage, how can u see your financial life clearly after $600 goes to rent, utilities take $500, before feeding?

9. A man making N150k Monthly that money is equivalent of $6,000 per month here as per purchasing power, that na Oga salary here o

10. I take God beg una, do not let this man deceive u guys, if u come here and fail, shame no go let u return to Naija, u will get stuck

Just like millions of immigrants who got fooled by Hollywood, don’t listen to this guy who wrote nonesense here, be wise, a bird at hand is worth more than 1 million in the bush. America is indeed a dream, because the wealth u acquire in a dream Is lost once u wake up. Be wise!

Lol, I am sure you are one of those who failed in US, so it is no rocket science when you hear that some of your mates are making it big, so calm down let me educate you.

You are right, I have not been to US particularly, but will be there soonest...but I have been to European countries, China, South Korea, and many more to know what's obtainable cos they operate almost same economy.

I have more than 10 bosom, childhood friends living in US, most now citizens, some green card holders, and uncountable number of relatives all living in US, so its almost like I live in US because we talk virtually every hour, everyday....and I do a lot of businesses in US....so I know what's happening there more than you living there yeah.

My friends, relatives work as doctors, nurses, Software engineers, lawyers, insurance brokers, etc.....

How many Nigerians living in US are patient and smart enough to study software engineer, learn coding, programming to be able to land a profession job in that industry They are very small, very small in number. Lawyers we have a lot of Nigerians practicing there I forgot that.....but those are the major professional jobs Nigerians in US do....

All my relatives and friends living in the US are all doing well...some have stayed less than 5 years and are house owners in top Nigerian cities, driving their own good cars in US not on finance but fully paid off, some already own their own homes in US (done paying the mortgage), some own their own hospitals here in Nigeria...some have big thriving businesses back in Nigeria and are living really good life, so I don't why you want people to look at those Nigerians who failed in US as their mentor when there are thousands of those succeeding legally and living good life to look up to.

And I repeat, USA is a land of dreamers where anybody with dream, vision, skill and determination can achieve his or her dreams, and its far better than staying back in Nigeria if you are not earning big in Nigeria, stop deceiving people, I know your type, and wise people also know your type wink

3 Likes

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by VillageHead: 10:41am On Sep 18, 2019
Neoteny:

That's your measure of success?

To leave your country for another man's only to become a vagrant?

Serves those gullible Nigerians who think abroad is cheap, free, easy and comfortable right.

Master why you para for ya guy na?

At least hin succeed touch leg for God' own country, e easy?

Ekene, Tolu, Hassan and co no sell, moto, land and property to escape go Yankee? Las las na duping things. Others sef wey I know end for Libya or Morocco.

Master, like am or not, over succeed dey worry the guy where hin dey.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Babyvet: 10:44am On Sep 18, 2019
gypsey:
Thank you, grin grin keep telling yourself that And Ofcourse, it wouldn't make sense to you. Now, Tell me which state/Address to meet you in America, I will show up with my passport. I am that Crazy.

Otherwise, move da hell on!

You are very foolish, I can not be be deceived , in other post you were just talking about coming in with visa now you have American passport? Look stop with your lies.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 18, 2019
Babyvet:

You are very foolish, I can not be be deceived , in other post you were just talking about coming in with visa now you have American passport? Look stop with your lies.
That is how confused you are? when i stated That i will show up with my passport, did i say which passport i will show up with? grin

In your dumb head only People with American passports are Allowed to live in America legally? grin

Do youself A favour and quit now, Or i will Humilliate you.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Babyvet: 11:10am On Sep 18, 2019
gypsey:
That is how confused you are? when i stated That i will show up with my passport, did i say which passport i will show up with? grin

In your dumb head only People with American passports are Allowed to live in America legally grin

Do youself A favour and quit now, Or i will Humilliate you.

No you have humiliated yourself , unless you are an American , a passport does not allow you to live in America . Passport and visas are two different things. Anyways go back to your farm job, it’s obvious uk is not working for you because you left there to come and do farm work in the US. Foolish idiot.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 18, 2019
Babyvet:

No you have humiliated yourself , unless you are an American , a passport does not allow you to live in America .
grin grin okay,
Again where did i stated that i live in America permanently? I Asked, Are Only American passports holders the only people

who are allowed to live in America? you didn't Answer rather.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 18, 2019
Babyvet:

No you have humiliated yourself , unless you are an American , a passport does not allow you to live in America . Passport and visas are two different things. Anyways go back to your farm job, it’s obvious uk is not working for you because you left there to come and do farm work in the US. Foolish idiot.
Thank you!! grin And you work in the White house? grin Or Your parents own America?

You are very Good at insults, I give you that. Anything else reasonable you would like to Add?
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by missjo(f): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2019
Netanyahu1:
The problem is that Africans don't even have the skill set to do those jobs. As menial as they look.
Africans are not even interested in such menial jobs for the most part.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Babyvet: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2019
gypsey:
grin grin okay,
Again where did i stated that i live in America? I Asked, Are Only American passports holders the only people

who are allowed to live in America? you didn't Answer rather.

Living and visiting are two different things . Only green card holders and passport holders are allowed to legally live here permanently.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Babyvet: 11:27am On Sep 18, 2019
gypsey:
Thank you!! grin And you work in the White house? grin Or Your parents own America?

You are very Good at insults, I give you that. Anything else reasonable you would like to Add?

Plus you if you don’t live here , why you are making multiple claims about the country. Living in and visiting a country brings totally different perspectives.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2019
Babyvet:

Live and visit are two different things . Only green card holders and passport holders are allowed to legally live here permanently.
Okay if you say so, i thought you said i am illegal, make your mind up.

And oh! You said i should go back to the UK? I am guessing your parents owns America then. grin Or you must be one of those Black Racists.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 18, 2019
Babyvet:

Plus you if you don’t live here , why you are making multiple claims about the country. Living in and visiting a country brings totally different perspectives.
Mmm...A foreigner in America telling Another foreigner to go back to his country. You sound very depressed, Hopeless and sad. i pity you. grin

Even though i am doing Illegal Farm work, According to you, you still wouldn't let me be.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Babyvet: 11:52am On Sep 18, 2019
gypsey:
Mmm...A foreigner in America telling Another foreigner to go back to his country. You sound very depressed, Hopeless and sad. i pity you. grin

Even though i am doing Illegal Farm work, According to you, you still wouldn't let me be.

It’s obvious your reading comprehension are lacking . Continue with your farm work , that's your best bet.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 18, 2019
Babyvet:

Alot of folks who live in America may not know America more than Folks who are visiting. Some American born Have never left their states since they were born, Some of them do not even know All the happenings in Their states.

Living in America doesn't make you Aware of Every Activities which goes on in America, you only knows what you know. Stop been Idiotic and Ignorant, Not Every American is Educated or Aware of their environment. Some Americans are Uneducated and Ignorant.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 18, 2019
Babyvet:

It’s obvious your reading comprehension are lacking . Continue with your farm work , that's your best bet.
Thank you!
Your parents own America. grin grin Do some travelling Visit other countries or states in America, it will do your sad life Good.
now, move da hell on! grin You sad racist goon! Go take some more painkillers.
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Babyvet: 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2019
gypsey:
Alot of folks who live in America may not know America more than Folks who are visiting. Some American born Have never left their states since they were born, Some of them do not even know All the happenings in Their states.

Living in America doesn't make you Aware of Every Activities which goes on in America, you only knows what you know. Stop been Idiotic and Ignorant, Not Every American is Educated or Aware of their environment. Some Americans are Uneducated and Ignorant.

Abeg wetin concern you with America ?
Re: Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2019
Babyvet:

Abeg wetin concern you with America ?
Tell me, what kinda work do you even do in America?

A Nigerian who claims to live in America. I dare you, I will meet you wherever you reside in America. angry

Some American born do not even Have a birth certificate, Ever had a passport or even knows who gave birth to them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' / Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World / Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.