Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

How Do I Follow Up On My Child's Education? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Follow Up On My Child's Education? (559 Views)

My Brother Insists That I Follow A Yahoo Guy / Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Follow Up On My Child's Education? by Foundationchamp(f): 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2019
As parents, we all want to give our children the best within our reach. How do you cope with following up on your child's home work and general academic performance as a busy parent.
Does your boss give you permission to attend school open day and other activities? or you find other parents, who can do it on your behalf?

studies have shown how important it is to participate in all of these school events , but how do you cope?
https://www.foundationchamps.ng/parental-involvement-in-school/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Follow Up On My Child's Education? by desvi: 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
sometimes you can go, sometimes you can't
sometimes you can go with your spouse
sometimes you will go alone
sometimes your spouse will go alone
not all school events are equally important

1 Like

Re: How Do I Follow Up On My Child's Education? by cooooooks(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
School owner and uncle-parent here:

I suggest that you make homework/talking about school a normal, relaxed part of daily life. Set aside 1 - 3 hours every day for you and your kid(s) to talk about school and to do homework.

You could integrate it into another part of the day like dinner.

You learn A LOT if you listen to your kids. You will also imbibe in them the habit of talking to you calmly every single day. This is how you will be able to catch things in the bud (abuse, relationships, sadness) and be able to better prepare & react.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Follow Up On My Child's Education? by emergingstars: 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2019
The little time you have, check their books, teach them. Weekends and public holidays are always there

Re: How Do I Follow Up On My Child's Education? by Foundationchamp(f): 4:25pm On Sep 17, 2019
desvi:
sometimes you can go, sometimes you can't
sometimes you can go with your spouse
sometimes you will go alone
sometimes your spouse will go alone
not all school events are equally important

but sometimes, schools take it out on the kids when parents don't attend events.
Re: How Do I Follow Up On My Child's Education? by desvi: 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2019
Foundationchamp:

but sometimes, schools take it out on the kids when parents don't attend events.

the people who work in schools are people like you and me
assume they will understand that you can't make it every single time
make yourself seen when you are there but don't stress yourself to always be there
they will understand
and you always have the option to apologize for not making it every single time
if however anyone takes it out on the child, give them hell grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Follow Up On My Child's Education? by chii8(f): 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
Foundationchamp:

No school has a right to do so,some demonic school will frustrate a child whose parents didn't attend the PTA meeting, a child whose parents didn't pay for his/her party fee,a child whose parents didn't offer any gift to the teacher duration the 'open day'....

Once a parent notices any of this....pay them a visit and show them pepper.
Re: How Do I Follow Up On My Child's Education? by Foundationchamp(f): 9:08am On Sep 19, 2019
cooooooks:
School owner and uncle-parent here:

I suggest that you make homework/talking about school a normal, relaxed part of daily life. Set aside 1 - 3 hours every day for you and your kid(s) to talk about school and to do homework.

You could integrate it into another part of the day like dinner.

You learn A LOT if you listen to your kids. You will also imbibe in them the habit of talking to you calmly every single day. This is how you will be able to catch things in the bud (abuse, relationships, sadness) and be able to better prepare & react.

1-3hr daily is almost impossible because everyone is tired as a result of the busy day, 30mins could work during week days and maybe 1hr plus on weekend. thanks

(1) (Reply)

See What Happened After Man Begged Nigerians To Help Raise Hospital Bills / Man Begs Court To Order Divorced Wife To Return His 2 Fans / Please Share Your Opinion On This Matter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.