Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,508 members, 7,812,566 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

"The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> (68109 Views)

How Wizkid Beat Ice Prince, Others To Win 2011 Hyundai S.u.v At Hip Hop Awards / The Truth About Rumors Of Jay-z Being A Member Of The Illuminati / Destiny's Child, the Hip-Hop Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by Free(f): 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2006
well ayenom thats nice to hear,
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by exu(m): 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2006
I'm still laughing.

Probably more so now.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by gem87(f): 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2006
music is good it is a universal language, no matter wht we do we all love music in one way or the other it is even therapeautic attimes and alleviates stress .
there r many arists out there, why does d minority that sing rubbish and disrespect God have to direct us?
wht about the other ones that sing about the issues of life that we all can relate to, that are only expressing themselves, hip-hop and r n b is not bad, it is some of the artists that are, eminem mks sense destiny's child's songs too, most of em were brought up in christian homes but that is not enuf to mislead us. even christina aguilera's can't hold us down and all the like are all songs we cn learn from, these are songs that can change peoples lives, values and perceptions, songs can be inspirational. so all i'm sayin is keep away frm those that don't really m sense and stick wiv those we can relate to. it's d lyrics dat matter so it's up to us to choose wht influences us.
finito!
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by thetruth: 4:23am On Apr 01, 2006
Okay i seen the movie The truth about hip hop. Its all true and they treat it like a game. In the bible it says how lucifer was the head angel, he controlled what all the other angels do, and what do angels do, they sing praises to God. SING PRAISES shocked The devil or lucifer is the maker of all worldly music because the world is hell. They say Lucifer the Sound of the morning. (Also in Jayz's song Lucifer which was sampled by Max Romeo.) they say this because lucifer makes music and what is the black culture mostly effected by, Music. Lucifer is attracking our young black youth threw music so be careful to what you listing to because you could be listning to lucifers own music.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by thetruth: 4:28am On Apr 01, 2006
yes yes yes i to have watched the truth about hip hop, but the entire thing about music is choice, some of the accusations regarding most of these hip hop and rnb artist are real. BUt its up to you to decide to listen to it or not, BUT yea i jes started looking into the threee 6 mafia, them niggaz worship satan, period hahah check out their track STAY FLY. the woman singing in the background, shes not just mumbling, shes singing these words, HES OUR GOD, HES OUR KING, LUCIFER. don't believe me check it out, pay attention to what juicy j says right before it starts flowing. hmmm sounds like lucifer to me, but that was just to answer the persons question who wanted to know more about three 6 mafia ( originally titled triple 6 mafia but changed the name to get radio play), but yea no 1 is going to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger for listening to hip hop, but yall know whats right and what isnt

there not saying anything about lucifer check for ur self its from a song by willie hutch called why has our love turned cold
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by tflow2(m): 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2006
gem87:

music is good it is a universal language, no matter wht we do we all love music in one way or the other it is even therapeautic attimes and alleviates stress .
there r many arists out there, why does d minority that sing rubbish and disrespect God have to direct us?
wht about the other ones that sing about the issues of life that we all can relate to, that are only expressing themselves, hip-hop and r n b is not bad, it is some of the artists that are, eminem mks sense destiny's child's songs too, most of em were brought up in christian homes but that is not enough to mislead us. even christina aguilera's can't hold us down and all the like are all songs we cn learn from, these are songs that can change peoples lives, values and perceptions, songs can be inspirational. so all i'm sayin is keep away frm those that don't really m sense and stick with those we can relate to. it's d lyrics that matter so it's up to us to choose wht influences us.
finito!

Tell them ooooo! grin grin
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by GODSoldier: 2:10pm On Apr 11, 2006
I have listened to Minister Craig Lewis and found many errors in his definition of Hip Hop and that it is analogous to the anti-Christ and/or evil. He maintains that he has studied Hip Hop and its effect on the youth for 14 years. The basis of these statements indicates his lack of knowledge (firsthand or otherwise) about the real Hip Hop. He asserts that Zulu Nation created Hip Hop; however, Kool Herc is the individual credited for paving the way for Hip Hop. He also states that the word “hip-hop” is derived from the word poh pih backwards, which is a Greek mathematical equation. Unfortunately, that is another erroneous statement. Anyone can arrive at or attach well-meaning words and actually have no etymological bearing. Quite easily, individuals can mistakenly mislead others and make any word fit their needs and/or agenda.

If an individual decided that placing the letters in reverse had some credence then some words would be abominable. Take for instance, “live = evil and God = dog”. Additionally, if a parent decided to name their female child “Inja” because it sounded nice and exotic, most would not know that translated it means dog in another language (isiZulu). If the parent were aware that the translation is dog, I am very certain the child would not be named that. Today, many young people and sometimes older, name their children after entertainers or whatever is the trend. If you research a particular era you will find that in the 90’s many Black girl’s names had suffixes of -isha and -qua. In days gone by that was unheard of. In biblical times, children were given names that had meaning and spiritual significance. Some cultures still practice this (African, Jewish, Asian) but as more and more cultures become westernized, they are losing one aspect that also brought our children closer to God and that was their name.

Minister Lewis does not have concrete evidence that will make his statements accurate. Most people are not schooled in the ways of Hip Hop. I have been into Hip Hop (which by the way is not the original term) for the last 31 years and I have participated (rapped, DJ, danced etc) and later observed and studied the growing trend, allure and destructive aspects of Hip Hop. I do agree that Hip Hop has changed adversely in the last 20 years, but it is not the Anti-Christ (evil in origin) as Minister Lewis suggests. If that was the case then December 25, Christmas (which originally was a celebration of the sun god mithra along with other pagan gods) should not be celebrated because it has its origins rooted in evil (a false god). I recommend taking the good and discarding the bad like any other subject. There are many positive rappers, which comprise only a part of the many branches connected to this tree called Hip Hop. Now, I do believe that the face of Hip Hop (Rap in particular) needs to change for the better along with many other forms of music such as R&B, heavy metal, rock etc.

I believe that Minister Lewis is perpetrating a prevarication (lie) on the youth to promote and sell DVDs and shows. Instead, our energy should be directed as a movement to uplift and change the direction that Hip Hop is going in and not to try to destroy a music form that the youth (Black youth) created. The music (not all) is not and was not what Hip Hop was intended to be. However, just as anything in this world can start as a good thing but in the hands of greedy, misdirected, ungodly individuals can become tainted and destructive. Minister Lewis should really concentrate on ensuring that his facts are accurate. When Jesus (Yashua) was here he did not go to the so-called righteous but went to the sinners to lift them up and to bring sinners into the truth, not to tear them down. In addition, if Minister Lewis is preaching the Bible then he should recognize this one, “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone”.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by Tripz(f): 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2006
DAT WAS DEEEEEP
i hear wot diz personz sayin and i stoped listenin 2 snoop dogg and all dem peepz dat r
spreadin da evilness of da devil. I heared wot they say and i aint down wid dat either. ma frend told me bout diz and i stoped wen she told me but i neva nu bout dees people.
I dont think dat we shud continue cose it is about da lyrics nowadayz not jus da beat if u lyk da beat listen 2 da insrumentals init. If u truly love God u wud stop.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by auwal(m): 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2006
has any one listened to "we all die oneday" by obie trice feat. eminem, lloyd banks & 50. there was a placed that 50 said "fear me like you fear god cause i bring death"
i think this is really bad of him to say that:::
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by Hero(m): 6:37am On May 01, 2006
cheesy grin Damn, that piece was too funny. I'm surprise DMX wasn't mentioned, he talks about the Devil in his joints all the damn time.  cheesy
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by gem87(f): 7:04pm On May 02, 2006
auwal:

has any one listened to "we all die oneday" by obie trice feat. eminem, lloyd banks & 50. there was a placed that 50 said "fear me like you fear god cause i bring death"
i think this is really bad of him to say that:::

it sure is, who does he think he is?
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by hoodboi(m): 11:01am On May 22, 2006
Menn!!! dis is some serious sh*t u jst droped, music is ma life nd if all dis stuff is true, damnnn it'll be so bad, All u fifty haterz u jst mad he coming up 2 fast nd peeps re feelin him
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by hoodboi(m): 1:55am On May 24, 2006
Men this is some serious Sh*t , well i saw some of what u said on Azlyrics.com, if it's all true i guess i'll have to select d sorta rap music i listen to, but this guys have added a lot to music in general nd givin up dere songs like that ain't gonna be eazy, u've done a good job by makin d research and sharin it wit others good, but i'll like to point out somethins, about Nas i don't think what he did wuz really bad try to listen to the song more closely nd u'd see what it means its a really good song. nd 50 i don't think he did wrong too, who do u fear other than God, there is God and there is god,
to all u 50cent haterz, u just mad cus he's coming up so fast, get a life,
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by LiLTaM(f): 9:46am On May 24, 2006
[color=#770077][/color] OK FOR STARTERS im 11 years old n i even know the shit isnt true hip hop isnt worship of the devil,and if alicia keys gets her slbums blessed by witches that means shes going strait to heaven when she dies because witches are actually christian but still looking into the truth about christ.I isnt taking this out on you the person who put this as a topic but it really isnt true and im actualy trying to stop the rumer because my mum is wicca and she is christian so guys come on and that album with the cuirse is actually true i know that and please its A RUMER A RUMER I SAY and what is it your buisness of peoples religion!!!serios
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by freelance(m): 8:39pm On May 24, 2006
God help me. i love hip-hop so much but the truth is dat i know all these and cant still help but listen 2 dis songs.its well.i need prayers. safe and prray 4 me
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by musicbabe9: 9:27pm On May 24, 2006
all wat dis girl is saying is true wen judgment day comes and all wat has been told to u is true and u just notice it then you will not be forgiven as they sed the satian used to be head of music in heaven and trustfully if u add all of this up it makes sense ppl des day are witnessing all these curses for the satan this world is not safe anymore y'all gotta get that through to ur head watch ur back remmember all this is true
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by hoodboi(m): 1:01am On Jun 18, 2006
How about carls backley's or somethin's song, crazy, were he had horns like the devil nd was like bless your soul, if u ask me i think some or most of this stuff re true but not all hip hop is evil.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by M22: 5:38am On Jul 05, 2006
Okay i get that people say that hip hop is evil. Some agree some dont. Basically if the person who is singing a song is not pointing you to God then you shouldnt listen to it simple. and free is only showing people who are NOT christians who rap/hip-hop why would it be not evil they aint trying to evangelize about christ and trying to save souls obviously thats just garbage poluuting our minds and stuff. But when i think about a Christian person rapping whats wrong with that. people are confusing this thing. so if a christain rapper raps does it make him evil? the beat is whats makes people go crazy sometimes. i dont even know why. its not all music i listen to for one, but i dont write off everything either. who is the exministries guy anyway where does he come from. and free you touched about fred oh no my friend why would fred be a evil person just because he sings on a dudes album maybe he made a bo bo lets leave it at that oh well i dont know but i dont think fred would be that stupid.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by LuckyChar: 11:03am On Jul 11, 2006
[i][/i] embarassedwell people what can i say I'm devastated, I'm a singer so I'm feeling it real deep right now . i watched the DVD 2 and i do think its true but its so hard to give it up. when I'm writing songs I'm not writing to Satan so its hard to believe that all these artists are doing it. i knew that jay z was all up in it but the rest like snoop and bone thugs and ALICIA KEYS!!!!. no man i cried and cried and cried at the moment I'm in a dilemma in the end i will give the music up its just when, and will it b to late, the end days are here we dont no Wat's round the corner. but if you do believe it make a decision and do something about it it would b nice to no Satan didn't win Jesus and the holy father did
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by hoodboi(m): 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2006
may God
help
us
all
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by menike(m): 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2006
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by hoodboi(m): 8:27pm On Jul 11, 2006
yeah i saw it already, i'll have it ready in a min or two, or if my pc does not stop screwin me.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by drea(f): 6:42am On Jul 13, 2006
I just wanted to touch on a few points.
I hope that we are not just focusing or dwelling on bad/evil lyrics - because while that is one aspect of the movie there is much more lessons to be learned - regardless of the different opinions - good and bad about the accuracy/truth of the information that is conveyed in the movie - you have to remember that this msg is of God. You can knit pick all you want about the messanger but he is merely a tool/body that was used by God to communicate his msg to his people.

If you are to watch this movie based off your own understanding - you will miss many things - keep in mind it is the holy spirit that convicts and convinces you - it allows you to feel affected by the spirit. Lets take out the elements of the artist/the lyrics and the history of Hip Hop because that can be debated until your are black and blue and to me facts such as those should not be the underlying cause for experiencing or not experiencing the grace of GOD. Whether it was factual or not the part that affected me the most was understanding the gift/natural ability that was given to the devil whose name was Lucifer when he was in heaven:

1) The power music has over your emotions - regardless of the genre
2) That I believe that these are the end times - so the devil is using his natural ability to cause destruction
3) How Lucifer is anti - God (again this movie allowed me to refocus - and get back to GOD)
4) The information on atmospheres, climates and strongholds
Again this is just information that was in the movie and needs to be critically understood and to be honest the rest will come naturally - not listening to music, being aware of environments you put yourself in, people that you hang with and on and on. Remember we are not dealing with the physical man but with the spirit.

Now for the arguments that I have heard on a frequent basis:
He is judging people - that's not his place - In the bible it says Judge not that ye may not be judged
correction it is: Jesus continually had to deal and exposes the Pharisees and High Priest (theses were holy men of God) because of their disobedience and ignorance. They didn't accept Jesus, nobody is accepted to the father but through the son. and Jesus needed to call these people out, he didn't lie, but held them responsible for the inactions.

Also if you read carefully in Acts: Peter and Paul had to call people out continually due to their disobedience and there attempt to lure away God's children. Because to be quiet is a sign of acceptance.

Remember you cannot look at this movie in any other way that a holy frame of mind. If you prayed to God earnestly and sincerely and you get a feeling that this move is not right please email me and I would like to go from there!

That God can use Hip Hop to speak to his children:
God sent his son to die for our sins and to serve as an example onto his children on a righteous way to live - he was perfect in all his ways - is there any example during his time on earth that he used any form of music, gimmicks, or something that the people can connect with - just in case you don't know the answer it is no
The spirit is not meant to be compromised, if any man is in Christ he is a new creature, old things have pasted away, old habits, lifestyles, choices.

This movie is only to be seen with a humble heart - that doesn't mean that when you hear a man of God say this or that you are going to run and buy his tape, and do what he says, but God has given us a way to communicate with him - and what he has promise us he will not forsake. God wants you to reason with him - it doesn't say anything about being cynical, doubtful and hard headed

GOD Bless and I pray to GOD that he may open the eyes and ears of those who earnestly seek him. In spirit and in truth
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by Oracle(m): 6:59pm On Jul 14, 2006
I spent like 20/30 minutes reading what all of you have said about music, hiphop, R&b, the devil, hardcore rap bla bla blah.
i personally love music, those that know me closely would testify to that, I've also heard about the negative influence of "WORLDLY MUSIC" as my mum would call it. But i've never heard it this deep, i've never heard it from this approach.
1: we have to be able to differentiate between rap and hip hop because i do rap, iv got rap songs iv written and i won't stand anybody calling me EVIL or WORSHIPPER OF THE DEVIL because i rap

HIP HOP According to the Dictionary definition is A popular urban youth culture, closely associated with rap music and with the style and fashions of African-American inner-city residents. From the definition we can see that hip hop is a CULTURE and a culture is a way of life, a style of doing something, a method of solving problems. So hip hop can now be seen as a style of music. A style of music and not a style of worldly music and music can be gospel, pop, jazz etc. This means it is possible to have GOSPEL HIP HOP and i don't think anyone in the house would call that EVIL.

RAP is[b] A form of popular music developed especially in African-American urban communities and characterized by spoken or chanted rhyming lyrics with a syncopated, repetitive rhythmic accompaniment. [/b]
We can also see from the definition that[b] RAP[/b] is all about SLANGS AND RHYMES
This means that there can be GOSPEL RAP
The most important factor however is the lyrics used for the music and not the style or the beats.
It is therefore unfortunate that the hip hop artistes used hip hop negatively-------- that is with negative lyrics.

2: You have the right to decide: Nobody is too small to distinguish right from wrong. So the favour we're gonna do ourselves will be to listen to the right songs with the right lyrics.
I dont think there's anything wrong with songs on LOVE, MONEY, LIFE ETC
But songs that portray satanic stuff should be avoided like a plague.
I THINK THIS IS THE MESSAGE ALL OF YOU ARE TRYING TO PROTRUDE.
COZ I CAN'T BE SEPERATED FROM HIP HOP OR RAP OR R&B COZ ITZ MY CULTURE
I HOPE YOU GUYS FEEL ME ON THIS
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by drea(f): 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2006
Just keeping in line with where I am coming from a spiritual end ,
God is not a compromise, as a ex-music lover myself, it was easy for me to reason within myself to say I will listen to what is good and take away what is bad, but the problem with that is you can only eliminate the obvious - swearing, talking about killing etc. Is there a standard way to differentiate good and evil, and why wouldn't that work?

1) When I say that you are not dealing with the man/woman but with the spirit, I am saying that a person can approach you that appears to be well natured but they are evil - because something lives within them that fosters evil. For example Erykah Badu. I considered her to be a conscious sister, that is beautiful and had deep music. But all she sings about is her religion - which is the belief that black men and women are gods and goddess - How dangerous is that when she is singing this music and you as a fan is singing her beliefs right into your very soul,

2) What I constitute as evil is anything that is anti God, if this is not how you feel we already have 2 standards of what is good and evil (bad)

3) How do we say that a rapper such as 50 cent is worse than NAS, On NAS' album he may have 5 mind thinking tracks, but he has 2 tracks about mo money mo murder and 3 tracks about booty shaking,

I agree with the previous writer, which I am very glad that he mentioned that Hip Hop is affiliated with a culture, rap however is defined as slangs and rhymes, But once again I would have to correct something that was mentioned:

There cannot be an association with Gospel and Hip Hop, God doesn't need to use what the devil has to make his own
now if a gospel artist would like to rap that is fine, rap is not associated with a culture. See what people do is they associate them selves with the music but music does not identify you or me or what I am about, black came before Hip Hop, my culture far extends past the lyrics of NAS, Common, Ja Rule whomever!
We believe that we must use Hip Hop in particular as a means to identify with our culture because we make a linkage of the culture of hip hop to what the artist is talking about and we believe it to be a means of upliftment, which it is not.

Why do we want to believe that Hip Hop is our cultlure when really it is copyright of the corporate machine
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by GODZKRE8XN(f): 9:16am On Aug 04, 2006
[center]

FREE, FREE, FREE ! FIRST OF ALL I MUST SAY ALL GLORY GOES TO GOD FOR EXMINISTRIES. SECONDLY, YOUR STATEMENT IS REAL AND TRUE. THIRDLY WE HAVE NOT BEEN SAVED ALL OF OUR LIVES SO IHAVE BEEN THERE WHERE MOST PEOPLE ARE NOW WITH THEIR THOUGHTS AND JUSTIFICATION FOR THE USE OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF MUSIC. I BELIEVE IF PEOPLE TRUTHFULLY ASKED THEMSELVES WHAT WOULD JESUS DO THEY WOULD DO HALF THE THINGS THEY DO ON A DAILY BASIS. WE DO NEED MORE VOICES BECAUSE NOT MANY ARE TRULY STANDING UP FOR JESUS. EVERYONE WANTS TO ARGUE AND DEBATE BUT PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE THIS IS NOT A DEBATE OR AN ARGUMENT IT IS THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE ! I REMEMBER THE DAYS WHEN I WOULD DEFEND MY MUSIC AT ALL COST. I REMEMBER BEING IN THE STUDIO RECORAND STILL KNOWING THAT THAT IS NOT WHERE GOD CALLED ME TO BE. FREE, ALL I CAN SAY IS DO WHAT THE REST OF OUR SISTER AND BROTHERS "IN CHRIST" (TRUTHFULLY) ARE DOING, PRAY FOR DELIVERANCE FOR OURSELVES AND FOR OUR PEERS. GOD BLESS YOU GIRL.

-GODZKREATION
- WWW.GODZKREATION.COM
[/center]
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by LITS: 11:19am On Aug 07, 2006
Hello,

I went online to check out Graig Lewis's website www.exministries.com and found this discussion site nairaland. the reason i am writing is 'cos quite a number of people have written to say music is about choice and that not all rappers are evil. well that view is fine, but that is not what Craig Lewis is saying. thats not the message

Craig (and i have watched his video) is saying that hip hop as a 'genre' and a 'culture' was created by someone and it has an agenda, which is simply to bring satan worship into the church. Period. He is not speaking to everyone. If you love Jesus and you are called by His name, you belong to the Church (body) of Christ, that means that you have no business listening to these people (hip hop artists). If you do not love Christ or want to know anything about His love, then go ahead and have fun, listen all you want it really doesnt matter anyway, Cos Craig was not sent to open your eyes to the real plan of the devil.

I know a lot of peoiple dont even believe in all these Satanic church stuff and think its all marketing gimmicks. Well it shouldnt bother you if you are really not interested in knowing the Truth. The truth is painful, i was shocked to find out that Alicia Keys was a member of the 5% Nation, I am a Christain, and I choose carefully what I listen to, but I love Alicia 'cos she's talented and very pretty, she is just all that, but i would never have imagined that this sweet little girl actually believes and practices this religion where they preach that the black man is god and there is no Jesus!.

For those who do not believe that such a religion exits please search the web. Now if i have a way of reaching Alicia I would, cos i want to show her the Truth in Gods word, I want to convert her, I feel sorry for jay Z, 50, Jah rule and the rest 'cos i know they are lost, and may or may not know what they are doing, or whose agenda they are furthering, but the fact remains that they are being used to expand the kingdom of satan, and ignorance is no excuse, i daresay that some of them are not ignorant but have willingly sold out for fame and MONEY, but those ones that dont know should be taught/ converted, in love. (I cant imagine that MASE went back!!!!!) That doesnt mean we should condone them though, when i expose them it is not because i hate them or i want to sound more catholic than than the pope, its simply because i have to let our young people know what the devil is sowing into their hearts, they dont know why they are the way they are, why they want to do the right things but always find themselves doing wrong, all in the name of livin it up, drugs, adolecent sex, crime, some of these people find no strenght in themselves to resist wrong doing, I know some people dont see anything wrong with livin it up, but who made those people right, if you believe that God created you, and that He has a plan for your life, then you def will know that it is not getting pregnant for one fool at the age of 18 and livin in a perpertual high that will cause you to find fulfillment in life. So again its a choice. (Sorry to use this example but check out what happened to Whitney, the most beautiful of the blues divas)

You can listen to whatever you want, but dont blame the devil when you cant resist the sexual overtures of an idiotic boy, that just wants to get some, and doesnt have any respect for your body or your heart, or cant resist the peer pressure of friends when they offer you some weed, or coke, dont look back after a wasted life and say it was the devil. Cos God gives everyone the power of choice, and remember the devil cannot force you to sin, he will only suggest it to you, and if you are exposed to sex, drug and crime/ violence everyday 'cos that all youve got playin in your home, car, ipod whatever, you will find it very hard, if not impossible to resist. And dont be fooled, sin is pleasurable, but the end of it is death (spiritual death) i guess that doesnt mean anything to does who dont beleive there's anything after our earthly existence anyway.

P.S I have not met any of you, and would not mind meeting anyone online who wants to talk more on this, especially FREE. Dear FREE I love you for your boldness in confronting your friends with this info that you discovered, please pray that God opens your eyes to see more of what He will have you do, remember He uses anyone willing! my addy is: midecampbell@hotmail.com

P.S Again: I was into Hip hop as a teenager and I knew/ rocked in the Zulu Nation, KR 1, Grand Master flash, Grand Buba etc days, in fact i was so into all of em, what Craig Lewis says is true, i was to in love with the music to notice, besides i was a kid and my eyes were blinded, so i could not appreciate the import of the subliminal messages. If you need proof, just go to a record store and read the album covers of all these artists. We thought satanism wsa a white man thing, if black brothers are talking openly about Satan its not marketing its a well thought out and executed agenda.

Have you ever thought to wonder why they dont sing good music anymo, LL sang 'i need love' in the 80's and he depicted emotional love and respect for women (he sold platnium), Now he sings 'doin it and doin it and doin well' the entire lyric is just an obscene depiction of sexual intercourse. Must they sing about sex, homo's, drugs, murder, whoredom, defilement, and apostasy to make money?? must they. Ever wondered how tupac (do u know the meaning of amaru) shakur and Biggie Smalls acurrately predicted their deaths in the very prime of their lives? sometin de oh!

Remember the devil makes great music (def beats and stuff) but there is a price tag for enjoying them
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by jhumble: 3:50am On Aug 23, 2006
This is for all of u who claimed to beso called christians that replied to this post. Yeah and im callin u out, Hot-Angel, Always, Monel, Football, ladebi,T-flow,LITS,Simmy would not not no what Fact was even if it slapped him in the face then looked him in the face and said iam fact! Pris_15 is just like every doubting person in this world saying "I need proof". Gem87 is blind to all truth!!!! Tripz, What spirit helped create the music behind that secular song, it wasnt GOD, there for instrumentals, not worth it. GodSoldier is about the stupidest one for putting down Craig Lewis. GodSoldier needs to change his name to idlegod or false god soldier, cos he doesnt kno truth neither fake christians and sinners will all burn in the lake of fire. Y ou cant be Christian without being Christ-like hints the name Christian! REAL CHRISTIANS DONT CURSE, CUSS, LISTEN TO ANY OTHER MUSIC BUT REAL CHRISTIAN AND GOSPEL MUSIC NO EXCEPTIONS. For all of u who disagree , MAY THE ONLY TRUE LIVING GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL!!!! Its HOLLINESS OR HELL, RIGHT OR WRONG< CHRIST OR ANTI-CHRIST.
Oracle is just , how can i say this nicely, IGNORANT!!!!!! Truthless.
LiL TaM needs to grow up and get sum truth in his belly also research what u speakin out the side of ur neck, all that crazy mess witches are christians, huh NEEEXT!
GODZKRE8XN is by the sounds of it a real CHRISTIAN.

For all of those i called out because i kno Truth, I Know Holliness I kno right from wrong, i have seenand denied all that the world has to offer. Question is will u give up everything and walk with CHRIST like he walke blameless holy and in truth. God gave us choice, so be foolish or be wise! God Bless

P.S. If u got sumtin to say go ahead e-mail me @ TRIPPLELJ@HOTMAIL.COM
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by gem87(f): 8:00pm On Aug 23, 2006
ok, tellin me i'm blind 2 d truth is so uncalled for
becos d purpose of dis thread is 4 people 2 express their opinions
and 4 peace 2 reign u may wanna share urs wivout puttin some1 else down or condemning their ideas,
wht i posted is how i feel abt d issue at hand and wht ur views are or how diff they r frm mine does not mean i'm stupid or "blind 2 d truth" as u said
so pls u may wnt 2 live and let live
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by Chinni: 12:40am On Aug 25, 2006
I watched that 'truth about hip hop' thing. And whilst the pastor may have had valid points. I found him to be judgemental and to be lacking the love of God. While some artists (such as Jay-Z) may have spiritual issues,  Shouldn't he encourage us to pray for them rather than to condemn them as people going straight to hell. Ofcourse we should avoid music that makes us stray from God, but remember God created music (it says this in psalms I think and other books of the Bible). By using our talents we are glorifying God too! This does not excuse gyrating like a stripper or cursing like a sailor but we must learn not to be hyper sensitive and to realise that we must not be fighting against these artists, but rather by praying for them we are fighting against the devil and the hold he may have on his life.
God loves them all despite it all so who am I to say that they are working for the devil and are goin to hell?! The devil is taking our brothers and sisters away and as we would fight for our own biological family we should pray for them too. We are all one, united by the love of God, God is Love so let us lead by example by extending a friendly hand than a condemning pointed finger.

Stay blessed my brothers and sisters grin,  and to all the self righteous people god bless you and your mind sets because God loves us the same no matter who you think you are. wink

C xx
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by thashiznit: 9:36pm On Aug 25, 2006
i love hip hop and r&b especiely snoop doggs lyrics and i kno there bad but i cant help it.
on snoops album 'rythm & gangsta' he talks all bout hoes killing and girls and too many swear words and on the track snoop d-o-double-g,    he says :
                                                    But, as long as I'm breathing I'ma keep walking like jesus'

watch this music video of murder was the case (remix) and he
            will tell you about how he sold his soul to the devil go to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZUplm3BuE0
            and for the lyrics go to http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/snoopdogg/murderwasthecaseremix.html

on track 10 he says at the end 'church, preach'  the lyrics go like dis :

SNOOP DOGG LYRICS

"Step Yo Game Up"
(feat. Lil' Jon, Trina)

Yeah Man What's Going on Man It's really really pimpin' up in here man
I know you ain't seen pimpin' in a long time man I've been MIA
You know what I'm sayin' missin in action I ain't been on no milk carton box
but I've been milking and boxing these bitches
cuz they got to step they game up you know what I mean

[Chorus]
What you lookin' at (step yo game up!)
What you waitin' for (step yo game up!)
Go on come on in the door (step yo game up!)
Drop it to the floor and just (step yo game up!)
You a kid (step yo game up!)
You drink gin (step yo game up!)
Is that your friend (step yo game up!)
Tell a nigga you with you better (step yo game up!)

[Lil John]

[x2] Break it down bitch, let me see you back it up
drop that ass down low then pick that motherfucker up

[x4] Back that pussy tease a motherfucker

[x2] Rub that shit it's yours bitch, grab his dick it's yours bitch

[x2] Now turn around bitch, put that ass on a nigga, grind on his dick make it get a little
bigger

[Chorus]

[Snoop Dogg]
Bitch wanna act like she ain't never been with fast lane pimpin' on em
Nails with the french tip potato chip yup with a french dip say she wanna french kiss all on my diz-nick
It's cool, go on and break fool if you have to, what which you won't do, bitch I'ma slap you
Stay in line ho it's a love-vendor affair, if you down to get low I can take you there
But you can't fake once you hit the gate, shake till it ache, work that birthday cake
You say you wanna make it ho, well quit bullshittin' and get naked ho
Now you always got to be hot and vicious, so move them biscuits and hit them tricks bitch
Now you got about a minute to fix this cuz I'm trying to find a bitch that's bootylicious

[Chorus]

[Trina]
P-U-S-S-Y, run a world, I'm the girl in the flesh ah
Lookin' for a nigga that will suck me like a blow pop
Run that dick to the door, do me baby don't stop
Same nigga talkin' all that shit
Just a little bitch, little balls, little dick
Let me show you how to work your tongue like a hurricane
We ain't here to play no games, baby give me everything
I know you like me when I drop it down low
Show it from the back, look back, let it roll
Drop it to the floor like a g-bitch supposed to
Shake it shake it shake it make a nigga go postal
But that's for fucking with a miami girl (?)
Get your man, take his money, and then buy the world
So nigga don't front, cuz fat wallets and big dicks is all I want

[Chorus]

[x8] Church, Preach, Tabernacle

[Chorus]

sooooooo think bout it i kno its hard but youv got 2 try and tell ur please friends
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by ghettochyk(f): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2006
the preacher of the "truth behind hip hop" came to my former church yesterday and he's coming to another church around here soon. man!! i even got to see him LIVE!! i think his name is Carl Lewis. the whole place was packed all with black folks and yutes. he'll be back next week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Are You Listening To Right Now? / Download Full Tracks: Duncan mighty Album – Grace & Talent / Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.