Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Repairs - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Repairs (55656 Views)

Who Repairs AUDI Cars In Nigeria? / Car Repairs You Should Never Try To Do Yourself. / Any Experience With Thermocool Generators (after Sales Repairs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Repairs by sultaan(m): 4:33am On Feb 16, 2020
radautoworks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S18DaQrl8c

It is not the truck but the owner missed something with maintenances
Re: Repairs by mammanbawa: 1:05pm On Feb 20, 2020
Aunty Radautoworks, do you sell Peugeot parts? If yes, I need a quote for EW10 engine with manual transmission (5 speed) and automatic AC compressor for Peugeot 406 please. Thank you.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2020
mammanbawa:
Aunty Radautoworks, do you sell Peugeot parts? If yes, I need a quote for EW10 engine with manual transmission (5 speed) and automatic AC compressor for Peugeot 406 please. Thank you.

Sorry, not sold in America.
Re: Repairs by sultaan(m): 1:23am On Feb 21, 2020
mammanbawa:

Fate is screaming" it is time to move on"

Not many people are into peugeot anymore so fewer parts and know how,.

You can look for Ikenna for advice
Re: Repairs by avidleo: 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2020
How about 2007 - 2009 Elantra

radautoworks:

Not a bad buy. Economical to keep too
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 1:00am On Feb 22, 2020
avidleo:
How about 2007 - 2009 Elantra

Same. Cheaper on gas than SUV obviously
Re: Repairs by mekkystrings: 11:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
Hello, please after driving my honda accord 2002 for a while (10-15mins) with ac on, its starts to jerk when I accelerate. If a take my foot off the gas, it stops jerking.
Re: Repairs by martyns200(m): 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hello, Is It possible to change brands of synthetic oil? When my car came as toks have serviced twice using a full synthetic engine oil brand but I intend to stop using that and use another synthetic brand on next service, is it advisable and any side effects aftermath?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
martyns200:
Hello, Is It possible to change brands of synthetic oil? When my car came as toks have serviced twice using a full synthetic engine oil brand but I intend to stop using that and use another synthetic brand on next service, is it advisable and any side effects aftermath?

Brand doesn't matter as much as weigh so switch away
Re: Repairs by dru23(m): 10:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
radautoworks:

There is China brand of synthetic oil .. Would that be ok too?

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 11:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
dru23:

There is China brand of synthetic oil .. Would that be ok too?

1 Like

Re: Repairs by dru23(m): 11:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
martyns200:

1 Aunty said brand does not matter .....we can agree to disagree... the quality of oil matters ,which is associated with brand.. Gucci is brand, Rolex is brand , Toyota is brand etc .. Those brands are associated with quality ....some brands go way above and beyond than others... for example if am driving a million dollar car , I would look for the best engine oil possible.. Some brand of engine oil are better than Mobil 1 oil .....

Now in your case as long as you use quality oil switch from type to another type of brand is ok ... A customer called few days and requested for Valvoline oil . I said Mobil 1 or Castrol is good .. But he said the previous owner used Valvoline oil and he wants to continue using Valvoline.. I told him Mobil 1 is equally as good .. That is how I settle the matter.... Some brand of oil will do better than others....
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:18pm On Feb 27, 2020
Kazeem and his friends really need some chill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Psrzyhx48
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 6:05am On Mar 04, 2020
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 1:42am On Mar 11, 2020
amdman:
2010 Ford Edge SEL

Power steering and rear wheel bearing needs fixing

250k miles

N1.6m

Power steering pump N44,496 2 year warranty
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=PSC&partNumber=20-1401

Labor N12,000 (2.4hrs@5,000) 90 day warranty

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
So disrespectful! Brand new 2019 Lexus LX570 chai!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eERiGylOAA0
Re: Repairs by sacramento1212: 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2020
radautoworks:
So disrespectful! Brand new 2019 Lexus LX570 chai!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eERiGylOAA0

Chaiii... this one don turn Tokunbo ooo grin grin
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 4:11pm On Mar 17, 2020
sacramento1212:

Chaiii... this one don turn Tokunbo ooo grin grin

We will return it back na! E pain me no be small.
Re: Repairs by sacramento1212: 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2020
radautoworks:

We will return it back na! E pain me no be small.

Return it back? If that's the case, why work on it? Or did they give the go ahead for it to be worked on?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2020
sacramento1212:

Return it back? If that's the case, why work on it? Or did they give the go ahead for it to be worked on?

Back to factory condition.

1 Like

Re: Repairs by 9icetoo(m): 7:17am On Mar 18, 2020
dru23:

1 Aunty said brand does not matter .....we can agree to disagree... the quality of oil matters ,which is associated with brand.. Gucci is brand, Rolex is brand , Toyota is brand etc .. Those brands are associated with quality ....some brands go way above and beyond than others... for example if am driving a million dollar car , I would look for the best engine oil possible.. Some brand of engine oil are better than Mobil 1 oil .....

Now in your case as long as you use quality oil switch from type to another type of brand is ok ... A customer called few days and requested for Valvoline oil . I said Mobil 1 or Castrol is good .. But he said the previous owner used Valvoline oil and he wants to continue using Valvoline.. I told him Mobil 1 is equally as good .. That is how I settle the matter.... Some brand of oil will do better than others....
That's a 10w-30 but not suited for modern engines. Now if someone pours this in their engine, they are on their own. Brand to me doesn't really matter as long as they have the API rating and are certified. One might be better than the other but it doesn't mean the other still won't do the job. After all, it has met the minimum requirements.

1 Like

Re: Repairs by dru23(m): 8:49am On Mar 18, 2020
9icetoo:

That's a 10w-30 but not suited for modern engines. Now if someone pours this in their engine, they are on their own. Brand to me doesn't really matter as long as they have the API rating and are certified. One might be better than the other but it doesn't mean the other still won't do the job. After all, it has met the minimum requirements.

When I started selling oil , I did some research and looked at some user reviews on oil engine brand ..some car owners complain that Mobil 1 was not good for their cars and they revert back to their normal oil , some Castrol oil user prefer using Castrol because their engine was more quieter than when using Mobil 1 oil than other oil...
Everyone has had either good or bad experience with name brand oil ... some brand of oil only need by law to just follow the basic rule Api to certify their oil , and other brands go way and above .. Some oil expert will tell you Pennzoil is the best oil and some will tell you Valvoline sucks ..etc
Re: Repairs by SpeedRacer(m): 8:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
Good evening,, please how much does diagnosis cost and how much will it cost to fix P0341 plus rattle on start up for Honda accord 2009?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 11:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
SpeedRacer:
Good evening,, please how much does diagnosis cost and how much will it cost to fix P0341 plus rattle on start up for Honda accord 2009?

Hello, diagnosis is free with service. Will be able to quote once we know what is actually causing it. That code suggests a timing issue is most likely but they're are about 6-8 things that could be causing it hence the need for a proper diagnosis to quote.
Re: Repairs by SpeedRacer(m): 7:51am On Apr 06, 2020
radautoworks:

Hello, diagnosis is free with service. Will be able to quote once we know what is actually causing it. That code suggests a timing issue is most likely but they're are about 6-8 things that could be causing it hence the need for a proper diagnosis to quote.

Please what do you mean by diagnosis is free with aservice ?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
SpeedRacer:

Anything you do at our shop comes with free diagnosis.
Re: Repairs by sultaan(m): 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2020
SpeedRacer:

Here is how it works in a normal environment.

It you take the car to their shop with a problem they will charge you for diagnostic a fixed low price, then give you an estimate of what it will cost to fix it and you sign to agree to that estimate or you just pay for the diagnosis and walk away.

Now if you approve for the work to be done and they find some other problems that will call you to approve for those to be fixed because if you came to the shop with start up noise and the tech sees you need oil change and VTech work, opens the valve cover and the whole engine is covered in sludge they will recommend a new engine.
Re: Repairs by SpeedRacer(m): 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2020
sultaan:

Here is how it works in a normal environment.

It you take the car to their shop with a problem they will charge you for diagnostic a fixed low price, then give you an estimate of what it will cost to fix it and you sign to agree to that estimate or you just pay for the diagnosis and walk away.

Now if you approve for the work to be done and they find some other problems that will call you to approve for those to be fixed because if you came to the shop with start up noise and the tech sees you need oil change and VTech work, opens the valve cover and the whole engine is covered in sludge they will recommend a new engine.

Thanks a lot .
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
SpeedRacer:

Thanks a lot .

He pretty much nailed it. There is only a diagnostic fee if you simply want us to tell you what's wrong so you go fix it somewhere else. When we tell you what's wrong and give you a quote, if you want the repair (even if you only want an oil change), diagnostic is free. No matter what you come in for, we do a complete check of your car for free.

You only pay for services you consent to after they are rendered.
Re: Repairs by Adaba0803(m): 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
Evening NL pls does anyone know how much I can get a Toyota Sienna 2002 tokunbo gear box?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 11:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
Adaba0803:
Evening NL pls does anyone know how much I can get a Toyota Sienna 2002 tokunbo gear box?

No idea. We only deal in new. The car talk thread is probably better or the Toyota thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Drives Kona, Nigerian-Made Electric Car At #MadeInNigeria Exhibition / Modernised Hummer Jeep Spotted In Enugu / Innoson Chukwuma Gifts Rev. Jonas Benson Okoye G80 (2023 Model) - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.