Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,481 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Repairs - Car Talk (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Repairs (55837 Views)

Who Repairs AUDI Cars In Nigeria? / Car Repairs You Should Never Try To Do Yourself. / Any Experience With Thermocool Generators (after Sales Repairs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Repairs by julieme: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2020
radautoworks:

OEM is denso http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=MAF&partNumber=197-6150 N76,177 2 year warranty (the exchange rate is killing pricing)

There are cheaper options if you don't need OEM

Pls what of MAP sensor, same car?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2020
julieme:

Pls what of MAP sensor, same car?

Denso is OE again but BWD also available http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=DEN&partNumber=198-2002 2 year warranty N54,087
Re: Repairs by nonhuman(m): 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
I want to talk about BMW 3 series as well as the 5series in comaparism, but focusing more on 3series because that is the type I always see around, now I want to know the the real things about BMW that made it look like a big luxury car, are how good are they in Nigerian roads compare to Japanese cars, are they very reliable as Mercedes benz, are their spare parts readily available in our markets, why do most people avoid BMs and volks even when they are regarded as German machines, I love the 3series but I am scared of getting one because I don't see many of it on our roads,
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2020
nonhuman:
I want to talk about BMW 3 series as well as the 5series in comaparism, but focusing more on 3series because that is the type I always see around, now I want to know the the real things about BMW that made it look like a big luxury car, are how good are they in Nigerian roads compare to Japanese cars, are they very reliable as Mercedes benz, are their spare parts readily available in our markets, why do most people avoid BMs and volks even when they are regarded as German machines, I love the 3series but I am scared of getting one because I don't see many of it on our roads,

Is like to start by saying I hate BMW. Just a personal thing lol grin

Now that's out of the way, they are driver cars. Definitely german engineering and precision. They're good on the road, nimble and decent suspension. I'm not to versed in the spare part market in Nigeria as we don't dabble in it and import all our parts. NOW on to the reason why people about BMW and VW... TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND THE AFOREMENTIONED GERMAN ENGINEERING.

you will be hard pressed to find a kazeem that knows what he is doing with either brand. Why? German engineering is quite unlike the rest. There are some things they do on cars that make sense to them but to other manufacturers it's like Easy tasks on other cars can easily take hours on bmw, Audi and vw due to creative positioning of parts. (Which begs the question why someone with a BMW is going to a kazeem but that's a story for another day).

They're beautiful machines but PROPER maintenance for most part is more expensive than other brands and the minute you have something electrical happen, na big money be that.. And that's if you can find someone who knows what they are doing. That's why for example even these vw golf you constantly see them mangled beyond recognition on NL with people putting engines that don't belong. Rewires have a field day with them.

TLDR if you love to drive, take EXCELLENT care of your cars, can afford the maintenance and have a GOOD shop who knows what they are doing and don't have a large family, I see no reason not to get a 3 series.... Except for the fact I hate them grin grin

1 Like

Re: Repairs by sultaan(m): 11:08pm On Sep 17, 2020
radautoworks:

Only thing is to hollow it out and put it back undecided he was right.

Hold up, and correct me if I am wrong.

If the Toyota has multiple cylinders misfire and dumping fuel down the exhaust.
I thought the first thing to do is scan for codes, fix misfiring cylinders and hope the catalytic convey has not been damaged yet. He said it was not clogged yet,but hope it is still doing it's job.
OP drives an Avalon and he has to take it to a proper shop to have it fixed or it will be the beginning of the end. That is the kind of advice he needs
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 12:19am On Sep 18, 2020
sultaan:

Hold up, and correct me if I am wrong.

If the Toyota has multiple cylinders misfire and dumping fuel down the exhaust.
I thought the first thing to do is scan for codes, fix misfiring cylinders and hope the catalytic convey has not been damaged yet. He said it was not clogged yet,but hope it is still doing it's job.
OP drives an Avalon and he has to take it to a proper shop to have it fixed or it will be the beginning of the end. That is the kind of advice he needs

J0hnTrevolt:
Hello ma! My Toyota avalon 03. It was having loss of power when I was driving then all of a sudden the car started to jerk, then sound of exhaust changed when I fire.
I took it to a panel beater he said the problem is not from the muffler. He loosened my catalytic converter exhaust manifold and the one right under it to check if something blocked the cats luckily the cats were free and the catalysts intact. He coupled the exhaust back and tolde to start the engine and I did. The exhaust was still blowing. He went under and checked and came out to say the exhaust were turning red. That they are blocked that he has to take it to a welder to cut open and remove things inside. I became afraid that this might lead to my car to start consuming fuel so i told him to fix everything back and drove away with my car. When I start my car the heat that comes out of the manifold is too much.
Please Ma what should I do? I'm not so buoyant to buy a new cat at the moment.

Normally glowing red would not be a cat issue but see above he said they were blocked? Or did I misunderstand?

EDIT: I just re-read what I highlighted. I misread it as he said the it was blocked. You are right. Op, sparks and ignition coils first.
Re: Repairs by proclinician: 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2020
I got to work yesterday with my car stereo blasting in the morning and during even when I wanted to go, I started the car, the stereo was playing but no sound. I don't know why. Then I was going to top up gas and as I pressed the fuel tank to open, the speakers started producing sound. Today again it happened, no sound in the morning but I usually pick up a coworker on my way, then I pressed the central lock button for her to get in, the speakers started working. I pulled over at the road side, spoke to one mechanic, he said I should meet one technician that repairs TV and radio, I doubt if this guy understands anything. I feel there's a glitch somewhere I dunno.

Then I also noticed my AC is underperforming. First, ice stopped coming out of the vents on level 2 after 30 mins drive which I noticed about 2 weeks ago, then the passenger vent is cooler than the driver vents I checked with a clinical thermometer I borrowed from the coworker, then ordinary warm air is what I get now from the AC. This car is Lexus es 04 and I've had it for 5 months.
Re: Repairs by pepe1: 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2020
Hello Ma'am,

@Radautoworks, I called your office for an appointment to get my transmission checked and repaired but was told that won't be possible at the moment, and no definite time to call back.

Kindly advise. Thanks
Re: Repairs by adeoge86: 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2020
hello Radauto, my 2007 honda accord jerks forward while changing from gear 1 to gear 2 but smothly changes on other gears......however, if i remove leg from pedal when its just about to change from gear 1 to 2, it changes smoothly, what can i do to rectify this? or is it a manual gear 1? lol
Re: Repairs by temi4fash(m): 8:43pm On Sep 18, 2020
radautoworks:

Normally glowing red would not be a cat issue but see above he said they were blocked? Or did I misunderstand?

EDIT: I just re-read what I highlighted. I misread it as he said the it was blocked. You are right. Op, sparks and ignition coils first.

Hello Ma,

Please would any CVT oil work for all CVT transmission.
Someone recommended ADDINOL CVT oil. Is it something I should consider.

It's an Honda Car

Thank you ma
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
NEW STOCK

Been getting a lot of questions about fuel treatments and octane boosters lately. We have MANY in stock. This is some of the lastest addition of fluid treatments, boosters and sealants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Pr9Hs4GoA

Last pictures, I thought you might like to see inside the Florida distribution center. Each Carquest/Advance distribution center carries $20-40 MILLION in parts at any given time.

Yes, that is the famous Glen with the dreadlocks.

Re: Repairs by sultaan(m): 8:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
Where the Ladipo people make you come see parts distribution, not the trash yard we are proud of. We should stop bragging about rubbish and work towards excellence.
Re: Repairs by dicksonadams(m): 8:57am On Sep 20, 2020
sultaan:
Where the Ladipo people make you come see parts distribution, not the trash yard we are proud of. We should stop bragging about rubbish and work towards excellence.

Oga soup wey sweet na plenty money kill am... Except they are affordable to you, you would appreciate what you call the trash yard which have been keeping niggax car on the road since 1960 something grin

4 Likes

Re: Repairs by Paulagada: 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
My 2005 Toyota Corolla (bank type) make rattling and annoying noise anytime I apply brake while on motion, what could be the cause? Help me please car gurus in the house.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 2:26am On Sep 21, 2020
J0hnTrevolt:
Hello ma! My Toyota avalon 03. It was having loss of power when I was driving then all of a sudden the car started to jerk, then sound of exhaust changed when I fire.
I took it to a panel beater he said the problem is not from the muffler. He loosened my catalytic converter exhaust manifold and the one right under it to check if something blocked the cats luckily the cats were free and the catalysts intact. He coupled the exhaust back and tolde to start the engine and I did. The exhaust was still blowing. He went under and checked and came out to say the exhaust were turning red. That they are blocked that he has to take it to a welder to cut open and remove things inside. I became afraid that this might lead to my car to start consuming fuel so i told him to fix everything back and drove away with my car. When I start my car the heat that comes out of the manifold is too much.
Please Ma what should I do? I'm not so buoyant to buy a new cat at the moment.

One more thing. If you checked the sparks and coils and they were fine, check your oxygen sensor.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 2:37am On Sep 21, 2020
Paulagada:
My 2005 Toyota Corolla (bank type) make rattling and annoying noise anytime I apply brake while on motion, what could be the cause? Help me please car gurus in the house.

Front or rear? One side or both? Check your backing plate.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 2:38am On Sep 21, 2020
temi4fash:

Hello Ma,

Please would any CVT oil work for all CVT transmission.
Someone recommended ADDINOL CVT oil. Is it something I should consider.

It's an Honda Car

Thank you ma

https://www.nairaland.com/1355876/car-talk-chat-room/154#92886529
Re: Repairs by martyns200(m): 2:40am On Sep 21, 2020
Is it advisable to buy new original bearing to put inside hub than buying a tokunbo hub? Car is a 2005 corolla, the more I accelerate, the more the humming sound increases.
Re: Repairs by Paulagada: 3:45am On Sep 21, 2020
radautoworks:

Front or rear? One side or both? Check your banking plate.
front
Re: Repairs by chukel(m): 5:45am On Sep 21, 2020
Please how do i get radio code for mercedes
Re: Repairs by temi4fash(m): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2020

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
chukel:
Please how do i get radio code for mercedes

If it's not in glove, owners manual or side of the radio, dealer as far as I know undecided
Re: Repairs by adeoge86: 5:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
adeoge86:
hello Radauto, my 2007 honda accord jerks forward while changing from gear 1 to gear 2 but smothly changes on other gears......however, if i remove leg from pedal when its just about to change from gear 1 to 2, it changes smoothly, what can i do to rectify this? or is it a manual gear 1? lol

Radauto, answer me naaa....pleeaase
Re: Repairs by chukel(m): 4:14am On Sep 22, 2020
radautoworks:

If it's not in glove, owners manual or side of the radio, dealer as far as I know undecided
yea. Thanks. I already called a dealership in Denver CO and the rep gave me the code.

1 Like

Re: Repairs by Kemi22: 11:06am On Sep 24, 2020
Madam rad Auto. Please I need to chat with you privately.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:11pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kemi22:
Madam rad Auto. Please I need to chat with you privately.

Send me a PM
Re: Repairs by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
radautoworks:

Send me a PM

Have you considered offering warranties? Like Carmax bumper to bumper warranties?

I bet there are people who'd be willing to pay decent money yearly for a comprehensive repair warranty.

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Have you considered offering warranties? Like Carmax bumper to bumper warranties?

I bet there are people who'd be willing to pay decent money yearly for a comprehensive repair warranty.

Tried annual maintenance plan but only two people bit.
Re: Repairs by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2020
radautoworks:

Tried annual maintenance plan but only two people bit.

How much?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

How much?

It was this but anyone could get it. Offered it Dec 2018 and Sept 2019. Didn't bother this year. Also came with 6 free diags for the vehicle too apart from the ones you get at each service so basically unlimited for the year.

Re: Repairs by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2020
radautoworks:

It was this but anyone could get it. Offered it Dec 2018 and Sept 2019. Didn't bother this year. Also came with 6 free diags for the vehicle too apart from the ones you get at each service so basically unlimited for the year.

That's actually not all bad. Especially if someone has a Euro car that requires 8 quarts of oil. cheesy

I was thinking more along the line of a complete warranty, though.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That's actually not all bad. Especially if someone has a Euro car that requires 8 quarts of oil. cheesy

I was thinking more along the line of a complete warranty, though.

Too risky in our environment. We would have to do it on case by case basis with a full emblem to tail pipe assessment and people won't be ready to pay. That's was the closest we could come up with. I'm open to ideas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (30) (Reply)

INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer / Imagine If All Dangote Trucks Were Built Like This (Photos And Video) / Luxury Audi R8 Car Worth Over N40million Spotted At Lagos Airport. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.