Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail (24313 Views)

Students Kick As UNIBEN Increases School Fees By Over 100 Per Cent / Do You Know You Need Only 8 Hours Daily To Score 320+ In Jamb 2022? / Take A Shot At The World’s Shortest IQ Test – But 80 Per Cent Will Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by hanslem(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
Bawizzo:
uniabuja got no active mail..once mailed an account and I got a reply with a Link telling me to visit jumia and get the best of shoes.

Give me 18 reasons why I should believe you didn't exaggerate on this??
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by jospepper(m): 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2019
WhatsApp has killed email in Nigeria, look for their WhatsApp number and connect with them jor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by seangy4konji: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2019
Na u put internet for there?

Oga boss is busy controlling olonsho on I message with him data..
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
Elxandre:

240k?
Is it a duplex or what? shocked

That's the year I graduated, 2016, 6 in a room, 40k per head, imagine how much it would cost by now
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by RexTramadol1: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
Not just varsities

Most Nigerian offices except scam networks
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by BrokenCock: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
Blakjewelry:
apart from private businesses, most Nigerian organizations don't respond to email even if you fill a form on their website don't expect a reply
but if na whistle blowing matter them go rush u like indomie
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by Acidosis(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
That's why no Nigerian university must enter the list of top 100,000 universities in the world.

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by nlPoster: 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
A . . . university issued a particular form to me and guess what? It was a scanned document that looks so blurry. What would it take to type it properly?

When I asked a person working in an office in Nigeria (can't remember where) about faxing documents to them, and the lady looked at me like "you foreigners have come again oh, you're expecting a fax to be here", I realized some of these issues are not as easy as they seem overseas.

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by Obakoolex(m): 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2019
Kingkun69:
13 out of 15 I might not know much math but isn't that good?
That was the first approach...then totalling the number of response afterwards SO POOR!
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by Fundamentalist: 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
makewetalk2:
what else did you think? no one wants a better nigeria when he is in office. those universities prefer things to go this way so they can keep looting and exploiting the students.

but the main point is that some muslims need eye-opening.

when mohammed asked his soldiers to practice moota(fornicate with foreign women) was he encouraging prostitution? wasn't he a love-vendor? isnt that supposed to mean prostitution?

islam claims that satan is a jin. but when God said that ALL THE ANGELS should assemble and bow to Adam, Satan refused. So, how was satan, a jin found in ALL THE ANGELS?

how can something supposedly holy be trashed around like some useless thing? if the koran was truly from God, why does it need to be gathered like some trashy littered to make a whole in such little amount of time? the bible took 1600 years to compile but it was intact.
how can you gather verses to make the koran. we gather books to make the bible. gathering verses is an indication that mohammed did not consider those words relevant or holy. if he truly considered them holy, they would have been assembled and kept in one of his belongings or chests.

before penning down the koran, was it recited? if it was why did uthman need littered verses to make up his koran?
the above alone shows you that the lie is so wide. it is either the recitation is totally wrong or the written verses are wrong.

why were the copies other versions of the koran burned?

the current koran is called the Uthman's VERSION. It means there were other VERSIONS. uthman burned the other versions. so then what are the muslims point about the bible having different versions?

how can something(the supposed koran) that was revealed by a supposed angel have its authenticating evidence in the existing Bible?

is this not the same bible that muslims claim is altered?

which means that islam is an altered religion.

why does the koran not contain the torah since islam also believe in the torah?

why did uthman not keep a copy of the torah since it is the evidence of the koran.

islam claims the bible has been altered. okay, copies or fragments of the Bible has been found. these are fragments dating almost a thousand years before mohammed was born. and those copies corroborate with the current bible verses. so using scientific or archaeological evidence alone, islam itself can be proved wrong.

how can muslims trust uthman when they claim that he was not a prophet.

right from the wilderness with Moses, God wrote down his laws by himself ona tablet. all the prophets read the writings of the earlier prophets before them and kept them. the books of the prophets were added up. how come the koran came and did not come with copies or attachment(quotes) of the preceding prophets?

when the koran came, the Septuagint/Pentateuch containing the torah had already been combined and canonized. this was long before mohammed was born. hundreds of years. is it possible for books that are older than mohammed to be wrong while mohammed is right?

why does the koran need a hadith if it were a holy book? no other prophet's book needed a hadith but the koran. as in, why does someone who is not a prophet explain the koran if the book is from jubril(Buhari)?

the majority of online rodents are muslims. they come on to cause controversy and they insult christians. but they have not actually been met with the truth about their religion. that is why they act that way. do your research and ask questions.

Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by enomakos(m): 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
wrong research ,it is 2%
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by themanderon: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
Not only universities but all government agencies and ministries. They seem to be stagnated somewhere in the past and have refused to imbibe new ways.
Some of them will have as many as 10 phone numbers while none will be going through or it will ring but no response.
We are still stuck with analogue brains running the country that's why everything is stagnated.

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by sykeng(m): 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
Focusmind:
Sorry to say this but attending Nigerian university is one of the worst things that could happen to anybody.

So crude in thinking and reasoning and the lecturers there would be forming god.

The greatest mistake I made
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by enomakos(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
jospepper:
WhatsApp has killed email in Nigeria, look for their WhatsApp number and connect with them jor.
whatsapp?people that can't use emails can use whatsapp?

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by midnighter(f): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by MythAngel: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
Elxandre:

Sharrap bigot.

All religions have their flaws. If we are to use logic, every single religion is a sham.

Let people practice what they were born into in peace.

That's a wrong assertion... Not all religion... If that were the case then the Bible is proved invalid ... For it says in Matthew 24:9-14 that the true people will be hated, if then you looked with favour to find truth with religious group that is loved then you miss the clue, it also says by all nation, meaning it's international in scope, and lastly the true religion will have a message about God's Kingdom to all the earth ... The clue is cast in stone ... The question is do you really believe what is read... Or you prefer to believe what you know or see... If then you seek the true religion you must search deep... For me, Jesus left more than enough clue by saying these ones will be preaching about the Kingdom news and they will be hated. .. seek for ant group that matches this description... Then see if they turn out to be true ... Saying one should just reside with the religion of birth is like giving up in searching for truth ... And such ones are not fighting to gain eternal life ... If you understood my point you will know I speak the pure truth ...
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by midnighter(f): 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2019
Younghacka:
That Is The Least Of Our Worries. . .
Most Of These Public Universities Websites Have Not Been Edited Or Upgraded For A Decade. . . Just Like Nairaland Site.

Lol i wondered if someone would raise this...sometimes you simply want to check a course but if you click on a drop-down menu nothing dey inside...

I wish they could invest in some the top tech guys and girls who do web design because its really terrible
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by Kolisky(m): 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2019
Virus99:
They haven't even respond to you physically....ya talking about email.
Wa pembe

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by midnighter(f): 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
flexyrule:
Our parents killed this country and they have refused to give way for brighter minds to take over the system. Go to our ministries and government agencies and see the level of ineptitudeness and gross incompetence!
They have refused the integration of IT into the public service because they're too lazy to go acquire It skills, they prefer walking up and down with files and collecting bribes before your file would be sent "Oga's" office.
Tribalism too has contributed greatly to the rot in the system. A ministry headed by a particular tribe would have their ethnic group as majority of the staff working there, whether they're qualified or not!
I don't want to even talk about our government owned institutions, those ones are long dead!

As in...sometimes you will walk into a federal office...no computer or even internal telephone to be seen..just brown desks and files everywhere

if youre not careful one of the people at those desks can start abusing you over nothing...

and if you need to print something you have to "ask Madame"...so painful..
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by EAkoteyon: 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
That's very poor. it's just annoying. The academic communities are so backward.
I am certain majority of undergraduate students don't even know if there lecturers have email address.

Rather than printing, soft copies of assignment, dissertation should be received.

Have soft copies is even the only way to check for plagiarism.
There is need for overhauling in the system. For us that have international experience we understand better.
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by Femich18(m): 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

When you make a post like this, you should state the full meaning of the acronym ICIR so we don't go searching on Google to find its meaning.

The thing tire me. I was thinking its only me that didnt know it

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by MythAngel: 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2019
adedehinbo:
grin ;Dcan't stop laughing at ur stupidity ! Your bible is full of contradicting stories, if you sound and knows abt your bible pls add me on this contact 08163473233 whatsapp only

You need not use abusive speech to aim your point... In fact from your response I could see whatever knowledge the religion of your choice has impacted on you is not a desirous one ... And by all good morale standards .. no one would admire your attitude... If then your religion can't produce good fruit of attitude in you ... How much more then can it provide a sure guild to God ... Surely Jesus says ... That rotten trees produce rotten fruits ... And no good tree produces rotten fruits ... By their fruitage you shall know them... This fruitage you display surely tells a lot about where you emanates ...
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by Kingkun69(m): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2019
makewetalk2:
what else did you think? no one wants a better nigeria when he is in office. those universities prefer things to go this way so they can keep looting and exploiting the students.

when mohammed asked his soldiers to practice moota(fornicate with foreign women) was he encouraging prostitution? wasn't he a love-vendor? isnt that supposed to mean prostitution?

islam claims that satan is a jin. but when God said that ALL THE ANGELS should assemble and bow to Adam, Satan refused. So, how was satan, a jin found in ALL THE ANGELS?

how can something supposedly holy be trashed around like some useless thing? if the koran was truly from God, why does it need to be gathered like some trashy littered to make a whole in such little amount of time? the bible took 1600 years to compile but it was intact.
how can you gather verses to make the koran. we gather books to make the bible. gathering verses is an indication that mohammed did not consider those words relevant or holy. if he truly considered them holy, they would have been assembled and kept in one of his belongings or chests.

before penning down the koran, was it recited? if it was why did uthman need littered verses to make up his koran?
the above alone shows you that the lie is so wide. it is either the recitation is totally wrong or the written verses are wrong.

the current koran is called the Uthman's VERSION. It means there were other VERSIONS. uthman burned the other versions. so then what are the muslims point about the bible having different versions?

how can something(the supposed koran) that was revealed by a supposed angel have its authenticating evidence in the existing Bible?

why did uthman not keep a copy of the torah since it is the evidence of the koran.

islam claims the bible has been altered. okay, copies or fragments of the Bible has been found. these are fragments dating almost a thousand years before mohammed was born. and those copies corroborate with the current bible verses. so using scientific or archaeological evidence alone, islam itself can be proved wrong.

right from the wilderness with Moses, God wrote down his laws by himself ona tablet. all the prophets read the writings of the earlier prophets before them and kept them. the books of the prophets were added up. how come the koran came and did not come with copies or attachment(quotes) of the preceding prophets?

when the koran came, the Septuagint/Pentateuch containing the torah had already been combined and canonized. this was long before mohammed was born. hundreds of years. is it possible for books that are older than mohammed to be wrong while mohammed is right?

why does the koran need a hadith if it were a holy book? no other prophet's book needed a hadith but the koran. as in, why does someone who is not a prophet explain the koran if the book is from jubril(Buhari)?

the majority of online rodents are muslims. they come on to cause controversy and they insult christians. but they have not actually been met with the truth about their religion. that is why they act that way. do your research and ask questions.

Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2019
nairalandposter:

Accommodation is a sensitive topic for Nigerian universities.

besides, the information requested might be considered confidential or to be directed to appropriate channels.

Asking for current school population plus staff strength and so on, clearly indicates the asker is from overseas where such information is open to the public. To a Nigerian university, it would be seen as suspicious if not routed through the department/s in charge of responding to such requests.

this ur junkie reasoning is why the black race appears a cursed race...
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by mrcalmamu: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
I need you all to visit this website https://forum.naijaswift.com

Register and start posting any content you want to. Registration is free, at the end of the month the most viewed post will be paid the sum of 50K and 30K for runner up.
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by cattylove7(f): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
true its because all the prof r browsing on social media!
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2019
NiggasInParis:
Imagine Buhari sitting in his Office to respond to your Mail as a Citizen you elected to govern? wink undecided Think about it.
but Buhari is on twitter... how many of our schools de twitter...guy na digital age we de ooo..a late prof who school at Howard University us for his post graduate lost his document or cert from the school na mail Im send and DE send replace to am e no travel..

1 Like

Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by TruthProphet: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
nurex01:
Torr. Do they have anyone handling that? I think no. So, that's Nigeria for us

Of course they do. There is someone at every organization who has “checking and replying to emails” as one of her/his responsibilities and is being paid monthly for that purpose.

But Nigerians are careless, nonchalant, ignorant, highly corrupt and useless!

No wonder there are no foreign students in our country...not even from Cameroon.

2 Likes

Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by Ugosample(m): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
makewetalk2:

huh,?
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by otokx(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
Would have preferred they listed the few universities that responded. How many federal universities have viable internet coverage? For those who claim they have, are the staff equipped to work with emails, etc?

It may interest you to know that those that responded used their personal internet facilities to do so.
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by Elxandre(m): 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

That's the year I graduated, 2016, 6 in a room, 40k per head, imagine how much it would cost by now
Per year?
Re: INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail by midnighter(f): 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
otokx:
Would have preferred they listed the few universities that responded. How many federal universities have viable internet coverage? For those who claim they have, are the staff equipped to work with emails, etc?

It may interest you to know that those that responded used their personal internet facilities to do so.

Why No router? In an entire university??

What the heck!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School / Strike: Enough Is Enough - Buhari Tells ASUU / ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.