Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! (1218 Views)

10 Things Men Just Need To Accept About Women / 11 Facts Women Should Accept About Men / [Kissing] Your Partner Doesn't Know How To Kiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by luxoire(f): 2:10pm On May 18, 2007
Was chatting to my sis, a couple of nights ago, and she said

''Sis, i know u dig honesty and ur a straightforward honest kind of girl and u tell it like it is. Also u also expect ppl to be as honest a you. BUT if you are going to settle down with a guy someday, you are just going to have to accept that, he will do things that he knows u wont like. At one point in lie, he will lie to u, cheat on u, or even consider it. And when he lies, he'll make excuses, or say its for ur own good.''

heck i know even sometimes when she and her guy are arguing, d guy will say '' baby u want the truth, but the truth is, if i told u the truth half of the time, u couldn't handle it. and i've accepted that women walk and sometimes nag, so sometimes i lie to u now, to avoid certain issues in the future''

i had to laugh, but it got me thinking about my sister's statement, and the fact that there seems to be some truth to it.

Do you agree/disagree? and why

And if you agree, WHAT ARE SOME OF THE THINGS WE SHOULD LEARN TO ACCEPT AND LIVE WITH, IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by RuuDie(m): 2:59pm On May 18, 2007
if location was somewhere in Lagos mainland insteada' London, i'd be over @ ur place asking 4 ur sistas hand --- if she ain't already spoken 4 that is!
THANK GOODNESS --- there are still some very, very considerate ladies out there! we literally smash the rules & make all sorta' concessions just 2 please the chics & what do we get in return? NO CHANGE!

i agree girl ---
i LOVE football, she don't have 2 watch, all she gotta 2 is leave me alone with the Tv all weekends, mid-weeks & whenever there's a football match going on & in return, i'd probably do the dishes, laundry etc.
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by Iman3(m): 3:01pm On May 18, 2007
Why should anyone accept cheating?
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by RuuDie(m): 3:13pm On May 18, 2007
u would if u 2 had skeletons in ur cupboard!
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by luxoire(f): 3:14pm On May 18, 2007
hahah @I-man, maybe because at some point in their lives, most sexually experiece guys will cheat for the heck of it.

not saying to accept it, but if it does happen, and u know about it, is there any guarantee that the next guy wont do it?

@Ruudie, i almost expected ur expected ur response, infact, if u'd have said anything else, i'd have been a bit surprised
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by RuuDie(m): 3:18pm On May 18, 2007
luxoire:

@Ruudie, i almost expected your expected your response, infact, if u'd have said anything else, i'd have been a bit surprised

why?
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by luxoire(f): 3:41pm On May 18, 2007
Ruudie,
i dont know, u just come accross like the kind of 'old school' kind of guy that is very set in his ways
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by RuuDie(m): 3:48pm On May 18, 2007
luxoire:

Ruudie,
i don't know, u just come accross like the kind of 'old school' kind of guy that is very set in his ways

HELL NO --- me!? Old Skool!? u gotta be kidding me! shocked Old skool --- Hmmm!
gimme specifics now b'cos i guess u're drawing conclusions from some of my posts.
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by luxoire(f): 3:50pm On May 18, 2007
@Ruudie,
ok, i beg your pardon if my conclusions are not the real deal, but posts reflect a part of ur manner of thinking

so YES i suppose i am drawing conclusions,, would i be wrong?, and if i am, who/what is the true @Ruudie, and why does he make does other statements? smiley
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by RuuDie(m): 4:02pm On May 18, 2007
Hmmm --- i sense impatience. from the way u write, u sound like somebody i know!
i never said anything 'bout ur conclusions being right or wrong --- just wanted 2 know which of my post(s) brought u 2 your conclusion, then maybe we'll get 2 learn a lil' smthing about RuuDie.
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by luxoire(f): 4:18pm On May 18, 2007
@Ruudie
yes i shall not deny it, Patience is not one of my strongest virtues

and NO i can't comment on any particular posts, but i know that when someone geenrally comes across in a manner i like, or don't approve of, i remember them, which is why i remembered u.

i didnt say my conclusions were right/wrong, but incase they are wrong, (and u should get offended by then) then atleast i know i have excused myself ahead of time!
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by RuuDie(m): 4:37pm On May 18, 2007
i'm not offended & i'm sorry if i upset u!

i  know 4 sure that some people just have a way sensing stuff 'bout other people (even strangers) without direct, physical contact with 'em - 4 me, i can tell stuff 'bout peeps from their voice, their style of writes & eerily 'nuff just by looking @ ur shoes - most times, i'm wrong anyways! smiley so i was trying 2 see if u had any "special" way of trying 2 figure out a person --- no pun intended; pray accept my sincere apologies!!!

'bout the old skool thang, don't see me'self like that --- though i do tend 2 give people a false impression far removed from the real me but that's only when i'm kidding or trying 2 hide away from something! tell me something about u?
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by luxoire(f): 4:47pm On May 18, 2007
@Ruudie
Your explanation is welcome, and rest assured, i was/am not offended, however i'd like to know what u figured out about me, from my style of writing, just curious

something about me?, well seeing as u gave a little about u, i suppose u deserve something about me.
I am honest, down to earth and though i respect people's opinions, when asked i will not refrain from telling them what i think. whether its harsh or not, its life!
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by RuuDie(m): 5:12pm On May 18, 2007
luxoire:

when asked i will not refrain from telling them what i think. whether its harsh or not, its life!
don't need telepathy 2 figure dis 1 out! smiley

guess this where i stick my neck out and risk getting it cut-off. undecided
well, i get this feeling that u're not in London & if u're, u ain't been there long. u just sound so untaintedly "Nigerian"!

would also like 2 know what motivated ur remembering me --- something u approved or disapproved of ?
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by luxoire(f): 6:05pm On May 18, 2007
hahahahaha@Ruudie
i think u may have spoken too soon

1. last i shecked, i wasn't nigerian
2. i have been here about decade now (and huney u didnt 'get a feeling i was in london' it is written right under my name), wouldnt have been rocket-science to figure that one out wink

@Ruudie
it was something i disapproved of!. although i didn't reproach you.
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by luxoire(f): 6:05pm On May 18, 2007
RuuDie:

don't need telepathy 2 figure this 1 out! smiley

hahahahahaha, is it that obvious?!, or u just saying because u've noticed it?
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by moondust(m): 6:17pm On May 18, 2007
this has turned out 2 be a dialogue and not a thread
I c just both ur IDs -ruudie and Luxoire
well in my opinion there are limits to the things that can be condoned in a relationship.
I know of very few people who can stand being cheated on, including meself
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by luxoire(f): 6:21pm On May 18, 2007
@moondust and others

SORRY ruudie and i monopolised the thread, but i beg feel free to chip in
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by hype: 6:33pm On May 18, 2007
@ moondust. I wouldn't like to be cheated on aswell (its a female thing even male aswell). but would you like to be told you are being cheated on when there's still the urge to continue cheating. As for myself i wont want to know as long as i dont see it. (That's why i would give my bf evry privacy he needs).
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by Iman3(m): 11:27am On May 19, 2007
luxoire:

hahah @I-man, maybe because at some point in their lives, most sexually experiece guys will cheat for the heck of it.

not saying to accept it, but if it does happen, and u know about it, is there any guarantee that the next guy wont do it?

That attitude works like a self fufilling prophecy.
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by iice(f): 12:58pm On May 19, 2007
Lies don't work for me! I detest them!!
Re: Things You Should Accept About Your Partner?! by RuuDie(m): 10:00am On May 21, 2007
luxoire:

hahahahaha@Ruudie
i think u may have spoken too soon
1. last i shecked, i wasn't nigerian
2. i have been here about decade now (and huney u didnt 'get a feeling i was in london' it is written right under my name), wouldnt have been rocket-science to figure that one out wink

ain't gonna believe it if u told me u ain't got a drop of Naija blood in ur entire system --- cuz i'm sure its there smwhere!
luxoire:

it was something i disapproved of!. although i didn't reproach you.

well, dis doesn't come as a surprise cuz i really do try my darnest 2 be a real nuisance! wink

u say u been there a decade, how do u manage 2 keep up with d rest of us back 'ere --- i mean in terms of communication; cuz there certain "terms" or "slangs" we use in our posts, how come u're still so familiar with most?

(1) (Reply)

Bleh Topics Are Too Mainstream :P / Guys...what Type Of Clothing You Think Your Woman Should Or Should Not Wear? / Dating Popular Men/women Or Intelligent Men/women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.