Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know (2786 Views)

Marrying An Akwa Ibom Girl Is More Expensive Than Marrying An Igbo Girl / I Got 2 Negative Answers From Marrying An Esan Girl / Marrying An Older Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 25, 2019
It all begins with approaching the lady, wooing her, then If she accepts your proposal, then the next thing is to forward your marriage proposal to her family, through the parents.

In Igbo customs, at first, this initial marriage proposal/introductory rite is known as “Iku aka” (which means knock on the door).

You’ll first, have to go alone to her parents after, which you will take your family to see her bigger family. If you are lucky to have received a positive response from the lady’s family, the in-laws-to-be will give the man and his family a list of the next steps to enable them to prepare for the customary Igbo traditional marriage ceremony.

A groom-to-be is expected to ask and receive the consent and blessings of the bride-to-be’s parents as well as her extended family. Once everyone give their consents, the groom can then proceed to complete the rest of the traditional marriage rites, which includes, the bride’s price (Ime ego) with a presentation of the engagement list, and the formal traditional party (Igba-nkwu). In Nigerian tradition, when a bride marries, she marries the entire family, that is why the consent of the larger family is required.

The list includes the gift of Umu-ada, they need to buy pieces of clothes (wrappers), shoes and bags and jewelry, etcetera.

Another item on the list is the gift for (Umunna), which includes kolanuts, palm wine, bottles of Schnapps, carton of assorted drinks (malt, soft drinks and beers) and goat. Also on the list is the general gift (Nmepe uzo), which includes bags of rice, bags of salt, palm oil, kerosene, stockfish, tubers of yam etcetera.

Intending grooms should please note that the Igbo bride price and engagement list consists of gift items that are shared among different groups among the bride’s family and the extended family which is made up of (the Umunna, the Umuade, the youths etcetera). They are not only for the bride parents.

Interestingly, in recent times, many Igbo parents have had to do a downward review of the cost of the traditional marriage ceremony to help their future in-laws. Unconfirmed sources also have it that such decision is also intended to allow their daughters get married early as most suitors are reported to flee the relationship once they get the list.
See full article here- https://lekkidatingandsex.com/f/all-you-need-to-know-about-marrying-a-lady-from-igbo-land
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Bruno3000(m): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2019
Absolute rubbish. God forbid I should marry an IBO lady grin
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by bizsolutions: 12:48pm On Sep 25, 2019
Proudly igbo

3 Likes

Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2019
Bruno3000:
Igbo ladies are fine, and homely.

5 Likes

Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Tomiwa69(m): 1:15pm On Sep 25, 2019
My girlfriend is Igbo.
We still TOO young for marriage but I will study ur post thank u

1 Like

Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by IceColdVeins(m): 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2019
How about the a$$-kissing and boot-licking stage?.....where her family members(especially brothers) get to worship the very ground that I match cos they know I've got money.........True story!!
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2019
Bruno3000:
they are the worst.
Speaking from experience

2 Likes

Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by saintaustine(m): 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2019
The igbos are very nice and distinct set of people.

If you are opportuned to marry an Igbo lady, then you are blessed.

I love Igbos Ladies, they are treasure to behold.

5 Likes

Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
they are the worst.
Speaking from experience
There are bad eggs everywhere, even from your village...but in Nigeria their ladies are lovely, everyone has his own taste and choice though.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Hisduchess(f): 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2019
Bruno3000:

Them no go even follow an afonja like to marry ur skull miner sef.mtchewwwwww

4 Likes

Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Hisduchess(f): 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
they are the worst.
Speaking from experience
Emptycoconuthead.your moniker said it all grin

3 Likes

Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Bruno3000(m): 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2019
distributeinc:

Are u sure?
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Bruno3000(m): 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2019
Hisduchess:

Emptycoconuthead.your moniker said it all grin
calm down. No be everybody be Afonja.
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Bruno3000(m): 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2019
Hisduchess:

Them no go even follow an afonja like to marry ur skull miner sef.mtchewwwwww
. I no be Afonja na.
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Gforce2019: 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2019
Marry Igbo Lady to your peril...
Igbo ladies and money are inseperable.... And the moment you don't have the money again , they look for substitute immediately
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Gforce2019: 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2019
distributeinc:

They are professional prostitute everywhere in the world just check where there are prostitute, you will find at least one Igbo lady among them
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by chiommy123(f): 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2019
Why some list come dey long like river Nile?
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by ChristianNorth: 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2019
Yoruba moslems are already wailing.
Pele nu.
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by ChristianNorth: 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2019
Pele nu.
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Pele nu.
But some Yoruba, especially the well to do ones, are fine sha...somebody like DJ Cuppy kiss
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by asgard01(m): 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2019
nice 1 op... 2 from d east aint bad
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2019
This thread will be very meaningful to intending husbands but itchy to the eyes of "Bachelors for life crew"

1 Like

Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by ChristianNorth: 10:24pm On Sep 25, 2019
distributeinc:

But some Yoruba, especially the Behind ones, are fine sha...somebody like DJ Cuppy kiss
She is not Yoruba moslem.

Yoruba christians are damn pretty. Most of their moslems are too dark and fat
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by bizsolutions: 7:20am On Sep 26, 2019
IPhone 11 available for sale

Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 28, 2019
ChristianNorth:

She is not Yoruba moslem.

Yoruba christians are damn pretty. Most of their moslems are too dark and fat
That is not true, I have had sexy Yoruba girls that are not Christians, they are damn lovely, so it varies...I wonder how your babe look like, lol.
Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by GMbuharii: 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
Tomiwa69:
My girlfriend is Igbo.
We still TOO young for marriage but I will study ur post thank u

Lo and behold!!!
Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying An Ibo Lady?...this Is All You Need To Know by LZAA: 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
GMbuharii:

Lo and behold!!!
Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku

grin grin grin
Immhotep right now grin

(1) (Reply)

Sex Stories Part 1 / What's That Thing Your Babe Is Not Good At. / Help: My Dick Is Paining Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.