Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi (65988 Views)

2018 World Cup : Meet The 32 Captains Leading Their Teams Into Battle / Caption This Photo Of Ronaldo And Neymar At The Best FIFA Awards / Cristiano Ronaldo's Son And Lionel Messi Meet At The Best FIFA Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by jayson87: 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:
No coach ever can vote messi. There's no other player in the world that can be scoring against Spain in the world cup canceling all their 3 goals. That alone is incredible and out of this world. Let me not even talk about Liverpool UCL blunder. Of course everyone knows u can't have Ronaldo in a team that needs just a goal to advance and he won't do it. I can bet 1m.
Idit just forgot Juventus vs. Ajax at home

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ZinoFasisi: 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
jayjay2609:

Liverpool coach voted for messi?? Its seems Messi fans are even more stupid than those of Buhari's.. Voting is done by the national coaches as well as their captains as journalists.. So stop saying rubbish bros

First of I'm not a messi fan

secondly, u could have stated ur point without using *Stupid*

Thirdly, I have edited it, I forget Jurgen klopp only said it in a press conference and not voting

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by blowjohn(m): 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

This particular statement shows whoever wrote this article is a Ronaldo fan, and is biased

1 claim by Nicaragua captain - Nicaragua case, fifa provided evidence of the captain voting, it was stamped and signed, sent by Nicaragua FA, the captain should goan face his FA.

1 claim by sudan coach that they voted for salah (Not van dyke or Ronaldo) ~ i don't know if fifa has responded

1 claim voted for salah - fifa gave reasons

Lets wait and see if other people will come out to deny the votes, because all votes were published

I want to ask a question. Which player performance the best last season?

Lets all be truthful in all we do regardless of fan base

for now those 3 votes are immaterial.

Which player lost 3 cups last season?
One of them in a most humiliating way?

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by avsadeeq0(m): 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ronaldo and his shameless fans should head to tribunal and let us rest abeg leo remains the GOAT

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by abbey37(m): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
Penaldo fans remove the 3 controversial votes and add it to your penaldo's vote he still won't win.... Lol
Wailers
Salah and mane better pass the over hyped van dijk.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by unmask: 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:

You know I am 100% entitled to what I just said OK so pls move your ass and make urs. Stop being low.
you are still making no sense. So e people don't learn
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by somehow: 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
When FIFA reopened voting just because of a player few years ago (Ronaldo) was when I knew FIFA is as corrupt as betting website.

FIFA is the official match fixer.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by WarriAproko: 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
nobodytestme:

I only wanted to read and pass by, but this your “Beneldo Silver “is strong o.. Abeg which club does this your Beneldo Silver, abi na Beneldo Aluminum play., because the one most of us know is called “BERNANDO SILVA” grin grin
maybe I nor spell am well
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by silencer94(m): 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:

Lol i get it you've so gotten used to brokenness. Sorry
Be quiet you slimy virtual 1m bet guy cheesy
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ogbonti: 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Which investigation?

Na you want do the Investigation?

Those that Voted and who they voted are there for everyone to see.. shocked

ok ooooo so- it is not worth investigating when someone voted for a player and it didnt count or recorded? does the soccer world deserve to know if the allegation is true or false? you think say na NAIJA supreme court, APC and Buhari rubbish be this? your head no dey house
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by MedicH: 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
silencer94:

Be quiet you slimy virtual 1m bet guy cheesy

Hmmm lol low low low. I won't babysit u man, I'm not ur mother.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by cusBeta: 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
slawomir:
Whoever came up with this article is young, dumb and broke

Am an ardent fan of Liverpool
But i must confess Messi deserve this award
He is a legend

FIFA determines the best players based on the votes of national team coaches, captains as well as a journalist from each country

See ehnnnn

i thought Ronaldo was far behind Lionel Messi

Untill i watched Lionel Messi's third goal against real betis
And i realize i was hundred percent correct!

You need to see that goal!

Anyone that is angry that Messi won should organize his own award, invite Ronaldo as give it him. They don't need to watch the clip, they already know Messi in football.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

This particular statement shows whoever wrote this article is a Ronaldo fan, and is biased

1 claim by Nicaragua captain - Nicaragua case, fifa provided evidence of the captain voting, it was stamped and signed, sent by Nicaragua FA, the captain should goan face his FA.

1 claim by sudan coach that they voted for salah (Not van dyke or Ronaldo) ~ Sudan coach has denied saying that.

Lets wait and see if other people will come out to deny the votes, because all votes were published

Messi led van dirk by 8 points. If those 3 complaints are valid, then Messi wouldn't have gone home with the award. Personally, Van Dirk was the standout player last season
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by DarkJeddi(m): 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
lilfreezy:
Fifa is a very corrupt organisation. I'm sure Gianni Infantino has joined APC
Wailers.. grin grin
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Willgeneh: 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
This is one of the stuffs the C. Ronaldo's fans will like to read.. Messi was outsatning last season .period ...hatters gon still hate tho.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by kendrick93(m): 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
The real robbery was Ronaldo being in top three...
Where was raheem sterling or Bernardo?

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by EDIWIZZY(m): 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
This EGYPTIAN F. A Should kukuma shift one side abeg why did they not follow due process

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by WarriAproko: 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
jayjay2609:

So modric who only scored 7 goals and had 5 assists had a good season individually?? C'mon this guy is an attacking midfielder, even paul pogba who we regard as poo even contributed more goals and won the world cup..
u didn't see what he played in fit a world cup. Taking Russia to 1st ever world cup final. And played well at d league and UEFA champions league
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
MT:
The op should stop being MISCHIEVOUS. There was a voting process which had to be followed. If you failed to align yourself with the voting rules, then your votes got invalidated. That was the case with the Egyptian FA. In similar vein, Nicaraguan captain claimed he DID NOT vote at all but FIFA received a valid vote in his name submitted by the Nicaraguan FA. As far as FIFA was concerned, that would count as a vote, and its up to the Nicaraguan FA to conduct internal investigation to find out who submitted on their captain behalf. It is critical to be aware that PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Switzerland monitored the voting process and note that those claims would NOT have changed the voting result anyway.

Accept Lionel Messi as a credible GOAT because he is genuinely and indisputably one.

Given that Messi won with an 8 point margin, those claims would have changed the voting process.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nevergree: 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
Seventy7kings:
shocked

VVD was actually robbed because they were just against Ronaldo.
[b][/b] will soon come and be shouting that her daddy, Buhari, will ask DSS to arrest the Egyptians for abusing fifa and planning treason grin

You suppose know that anyone that queue behind is a scam.
E.g BUBU
TACHA
MESSI
etc...

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by kendrick93(m): 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
WarriAproko:
Ronaldo is leaving on past glory. He was not the highest goal scorer in Seria A but was given best player in Seria A which about 20% of goals scored is PK.
He has no business being on that list IMO

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Qadaffi2idiamin: 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
Code of conduct bureau should investigate the matter. I don't like nonsense cheesy
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
On behalf of the Neutrals, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal fans , I raise a suggestion that the aggrieved parties should go to court and let us hear word abeg

We have better issue to think of, Manchester United is falling shoko shoko everyday, Pepe bought for 72 million only has one goal, a penalty with all the hype he came with, Luiz is at the back gifting Penalty like Santa Clause on Christmas Day, you don’t know which Chelsea will turn up on match days, so we have better issues to think of than FIFA best player please

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by DarkJeddi(m): 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
dicefrost:

Messi led van dirk by 8 points. If those 3 complaints are valid, then Messi wouldn't have gone home with the award. Personally, Van Dirk was the standout player last season
Van Dijk was NOT the Standout player last year..
He was great and won the Champions League,but he was certainly not heads and shoulders above everyone else..

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Obec70(m): 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tell me among CR & VV who got the statistics put in place by FIFA as criteria for winning the world best player award? Let's face the facts even last year event wasn't fantastic, do we expect FIFA to repeat same mistake they made last year by given it to Lucas Mordric, were is he today as the reigning champion? No bi naija election bi dat take note.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by cusBeta: 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:
No coach ever can vote messi. There's no other player in the world that can be scoring against Spain in the world cup canceling all their 3 goals. That alone is incredible and out of this world. Let me not even talk about Liverpool UCL blunder. Of course everyone knows u can't have Ronaldo in a team that needs just a goal to advance and he won't do it. I can bet 1m.
Taaaaaaaa! Comot for here! Didn't you watch him against Ajax

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by healthserve(m): 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
WarriAproko:
Ronaldo is leaving on past glory. He was not the highest goal scorer in Seria A but was given best player in Seria A which about 20% of goals scored is PK.

What happened when Modric was given the award when Rinaldo deserved it. What happened when Ronaldo deserved it. Messi was given seasons ago. People want Messi above Rpnaldo and its too desperate way too desperate.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
WarriAproko:
maybe I nor spell am well
Confirm grin.. I been think say na another player wey we no sabi be that grin
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ZinoFasisi: 9:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
ogbonti:

my brother, biko-- shorrop

was this not how the British people raised concerns about former FIFA Boss Sepp Blatter , and folks like you were saying it's just British allegation of bribery, bla bla bla-- last last wetin happen? did they not present enough evidence that sent Blatter away from FIFA? small thing sef, the man for go prison

before this mater dey roll out like this so, trust me - they tightening the noose around Infantino - hmmm hmm hmm wahala dey ooooo

Heads wil soon roll at FIFA and Infantino will be first if this claim is substantiated - where i bigin fear FIFA and their referees was in 1990 World Cup quarter - - finals. Cameroun vs England. go and watch that match!!!!!

Bros pls read now.. read...

All claims have been settled with those with complain agreeing to Fifa counter claims.

read

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Realfrankie(m): 9:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

1 claim by sudan coach that they voted for salah (Not van dyke or Ronaldo) ~ Sudan coach has denied saying that, and confirmed the whole screenshot wasn't from him

May God help you and give you what you lacks, because you're lacking so many things I don't need to mention them, you know it yourself
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by unmask: 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
kendrick93:
The real robbery was Ronaldo being in top three...
Where was raheem sterling or Bernardo?
someone with sense

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by trustedward(m): 9:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
FIFA has always been fraud, no one would vote Modric ahead of Cr7 in last year’s award, not to talk of him being in this year’s FIFA pro...wen Messi didn’t make top 3 last year, I knew Ronaldo was about to get robbed , they just wanted to make it seem like everyone was affected.....This is not the first time players had been robbed to in a bid to award Messi the award, we saw it in 2010 even the year Spain won World Cup and Barca also won d Uefa champions league, Iniesta was snubbed and Messi was awarded, FIFA is fraud and would always be

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Iceland: Nigerians, Celebrities React To Super Eagles Win / ..a. / Ahmed Musa In Shock Move To Kano Pillars After Failing To Find Foreign Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.