Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,524 members, 7,850,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

Intimidation And Control - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Intimidation And Control (1336 Views)

Sexual Harassment/intimidation By Women. / Intimidation And Pride Is The Problem With Nigerians. / How To Maintain And Control A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intimidation And Control by kokoye(m): 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2010
- He is too controlling.

- Men are intimidated by my . . . . .

Why is it that those two phrases come mostly from females. . what is the thought processes behind their use?

This is not a bashing thread. Just want to know why some ladies find consolation in using those phrases.
Re: Intimidation And Control by MrsEve: 1:31pm On Nov 02, 2010
Oh my goodness! Koyoke done woke up!

Men are too controlling and they are intimidated by strong women. When a woman is outspoken and speaks her mind, he tells her she need to remain a lady and a lady is to be seen and not heard.

Men want to tell a woman she can't wear this because this will make her appear this and she can't talk like that because she would be undesired and blah this blah that,

Men are just childish snotty nose leprechauns.
Re: Intimidation And Control by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2010
kokoye:

- He is too controlling.

- Men are intimidated by my . . . . .

Why is it that those two phrases come mostly from females. . what is the thought processes behind their use?

This is not a bashing thread. Just want to know why some ladies find consolation in using those phrases.

You are already biased!!

Obviously, men tend to get controlling . . . even the weak ones. And there's no doubt that they also get easily intimidated by successful women. this is not about seeking consolation!
Re: Intimidation And Control by kokoye(m): 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2010
yup eve. I just got to work . . raining out here.

Have no problem with the control part really. Responsible men need to ensure that all goes well in their family, especially with money matters.  wink

The part I dont always get is the intimidation part. I just read a thread where some lady said she was still single because men were intimidated by her height!!  - A million tall girls are married already!

So Ujujoan, yes, I may be biased but I still will not bash the opposite gender that gave me life  tongue
Re: Intimidation And Control by MrsEve: 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2010
Excuse me Koyoke,

You didn't just say that MEN HAVE TO BE IN CONTROL to make sure everything okay especially with the finance, PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT!!
Re: Intimidation And Control by iice(f): 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2010
Controlling yes, because most men are bred that way. I don't mean with relationships. With their lives, finances like you said, etc. They take charge so it's only logical it spills into relationships. Control is good but as with everything in moderation. Because very controlling partners can make your life either a living hell or you disappear into him.
Intimidation. . .well yes some people are intimidated by others. It could be with something they are not good with, something they want, something they've had bad experiences with or something they've heard or presume.
Re: Intimidation And Control by kokoye(m): 2:58pm On Nov 02, 2010
Here is what I said.

'Responsible men need to ensure that all goes well in their family, especially with money matters.'

This is how I was brought up . . and it works for us.

It does not matter who makes the money, but I feel it is my responsibility to ensure there is money in the bank.

Whether you choose to accept it or not, someone has to be the leader in a partnership. A leader and not a boss.

The fact that I am in control of our finances does not mean I do what I want.  I get her approval before I do anything, even if it is from my paycheck. So she still controls my 'control.

Control is relative. If my wife does not like what i am wearing, I will change it.  It does not mean she is controlling me.

I chose her because I decided I wanted her to be my partner in crime and my best critic.
Again, this is what works for us. Does not necessarily mean it will work for others.

Read or interprete my lines as you choose.
Re: Intimidation And Control by CorkMr1: 3:00pm On Nov 02, 2010
Kokoyenut, bro, so are you sayin Womens need to be kept straight in line, always? wink
Re: Intimidation And Control by kokoye(m): 3:02pm On Nov 02, 2010
Assuming I was kokoyenut, I would say 'No'.

Because you said it. Not me. wink
Re: Intimidation And Control by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:03pm On Nov 02, 2010
people should control resources in their house then when it comes to the other partner you dont need to control but to mention what you might see as being wrong and let the other partner learn and amend it though we should take out social liberty and killing of one character or taking out what makes that person who s/he is. remember when you meet him/her s/he has a character
Re: Intimidation And Control by CorkMr1: 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2010
bro so u do aggree Womens need to be kept in line.especialy the stuborn ones, is that what u sayin? wink
Re: Intimidation And Control by kokoye(m): 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2010
If the stubborness is way too much for me to handle, I will simply walk away.

Not my call to put her in line. She aint my child.
Re: Intimidation And Control by CorkMr1: 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2010
whattt?? Walk away? to where? McDonalds Fried Chckens?

Bro, are you white? angry
Re: Intimidation And Control by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2010
Cork-Mr:

bro so u do aggree Womens need to be kept in line.especialy the stuborn ones, is that what u sayin? wink

if you just say women you are wrong  it covers ALL but like you said the STUBBORN ONES but that also depends from a 3rd/4th point of view you might think that she is stubborn but you might be you who is wrong becoz of you insecurities etc

the 1st rules is never treat a grown up like a child

once you want to keep her in line like a child you are undermining her thinking and making of decisions etc
Re: Intimidation And Control by CorkMr1: 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2010
bro u need to show them who is boss! undecided
Re: Intimidation And Control by kokoye(m): 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2010
^^^
cheesy

The term 'boss' does not work in a partnership.

I know you are kidding anyway . . I hope
Re: Intimidation And Control by CorkMr1: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2010
arhhha, so u the kinda guy who like to be dominated ina relationship? ,

and she even sends u shoppin and eventualy packing out of your own home?
Re: Intimidation And Control by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2010
Cork-Mr:

bro u need to show them who is boss! undecided

when it is necessary
Re: Intimidation And Control by CorkMr1: 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2010
can u imagine being told to pack out of your own home?, by your woman?

the sad thing is that in the UK, the law gives them rights! angry
Re: Intimidation And Control by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2010
Cork-Mr:

can u imagine being told to pack out of your own home?, by your woman?

the sad thing is that in the UK, the law gives them rights! angry

thats a different ball game thats laws

ask yourself who passed that laws it wasnt mostly women but man but they looked at the most circumstances at which the woman has kids what good is there to ask the woman to leave with two or three kids when it is easy for single person to do so
Re: Intimidation And Control by CorkMr1: 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2010
True, actualy, u just made a point. I didnt look at it that way, BUT STILL, why are they tryin to dominate us, especially black

women. Have u noticed how horrible female bosses are, especially the black ones, Boy 0 boy, They treat u like hell, truss me!
angry
Re: Intimidation And Control by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2010
kokoye:

yup eve. I just got to work . . raining out here.

Have no problem with the control part really. Responsible men need to ensure that all goes well in their family, especially with money matters.  wink

The part I dont always get is the intimidation part. I just read a thread where some lady said she was still single because men were intimidated by her height!!  - A million tall girls are married already!

So Ujujoan, yes, I may be biased but I still will not bash the opposite gender that gave me life  tongue

So you think her conclusion is baseless    undecided

A million tall girls are married already, so are a million successful women. But that doesn't totally dispute the fact that some men could get intimidated by these women!

How many times have i been told, dont buy a Car, don't start a biz, dont live alone . . . . just so i wont scare the men away!

Although that has never stopped me from doing anything I want to, I beleive some men, especially Igbo men (no offience) would prefer to be better than their wives . . .  in every way!

Some men can take criticism from their wives, others see it as a sign of disrespect. All in all, we live in a man's world and woe betide any woman who doesn't realize that!
Re: Intimidation And Control by CorkMr1: 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2010
ZIM,,,bro look at another black chick for example: Ujujoan, just comin to blast us off. why?

they want to take over the planet, truss me! angry
Re: Intimidation And Control by kokoye(m): 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2010
Ujujoan:

Some men can take criticism from their wives, others see it as a sign of disrespect. All in all, we live in a man's world and woe betide any woman who doesn't realize that!

OK. Ujujoan.

Your words, not mine. wink
Re: Intimidation And Control by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2010
Cork-Mr:

True, actualy, u just made a point. I didnt look at it that way, BUT STILL, why are they tryin to dominate us, especially black

women. Have u noticed how horrible female bosses are, especially the black ones, Boy 0 boy, They treat u like hell, truss me!
angry

the black woman born and raised in african are trying to check up hence they get confused with these freedom and rights

and at the same time black man born are raised in africa is slow at catching up with the new world and rules of the foreign country
Re: Intimidation And Control by kokoye(m): 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2010
Cork-Mr:

arhhha, so u the kinda guy who like to be dominated ina relationship? ,

and she even sends u shoppin and eventualy packing out of your own home?

I am not.

And that is why I looked well before I married. My wife is not the type that wants to dominate me or anyone else - not even her own children.

And yes, she is allowed to send me shopping while cooking for me and my kids or taking care of the house.

She is my partner, remember.

You will get there someday. Amen.
Re: Intimidation And Control by CorkMr1: 3:47pm On Nov 02, 2010
ZIM DRILL , bro, again u r right. Black women are takin thise freedom of speeech thingy too much. why why why!!!

U just ave to let them no who is boss. 4sure!, especilay black women (no oofeinse)

I hope no one hates me coz am only helpin the guys to say what they too shy to say, thats all
angry
Re: Intimidation And Control by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2010
Cork-Mr:

ZIM DRILL , bro, again u r right. Black women are takin thise freedom of speeech thingy too much. why why why!!!

U just ave to let them no who is boss. 4sure!, especilay black women (no oofeinse)

I hope no one hates me coz am only helpin the guys to say what they too shy to say, thats all
angry

have you ever noticed one thing which such women, those are the one who end up saying that it is hard to be a single mum

why reality hits child needs baby sitting while you are at work thats money off your salary, the child needs to be picked up from school
Re: Intimidation And Control by CorkMr1: 3:56pm On Nov 02, 2010
True, and again, BIG QUESTION!! why are there usually so many single women in churches? why why why? They play had to

get when they r hot and then they start getting old, they become born again, why why why. Lookin at opara winfrey, another powerful woman,

she aint got a man but a puppet she can dominate angry
Re: Intimidation And Control by CorkMr1: 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2010
black women: all they need to do is just obey but insted, they want to talk back or have the last say,

this is why brothers ow go for white babes angry
Re: Intimidation And Control by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2010
Cork-Mr:

black women: all they need to do is just obey but insted, they want to talk back or have the last say,

this is why brothers ow go for white babes angry

whites got their own social problems the good thing is as long it makes you happy
Re: Intimidation And Control by MrsEve: 4:52pm On Nov 02, 2010
Mr cock,

You one IGNANT AZZ muthafukka, and that about all Imma say on your IGNANT AZZ COMMENTS,

Koyoke,

When it all boils down, regardless if you GET APPROVAL from your wife, YOU ARE STILL LEADERING/CONTROLLING that my point and if it works for you, HEY!

Iice,

Men do take the ADAM was created before Eve (clearing throat) mentality too far and assumed because a man was supposedly created first that MAKE THEM HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD and when you got jackazzes like mr cock making that statements as if women are subservants to men that makes me wonder why do men claims to need women if women aren't chit?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Bail My Husband And His Girlfriend From The Police Cell? / Old Men Chasing Young Women: A Good Thing / Are You Really in Love With Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.