Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,395 members, 7,958,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (25196 Views)

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture / My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by sacramento1212: 9:49am On Sep 28, 2019
Humility017:

my parents don't even have such damn right to forbid me from marrying someone because of her tribe....

there are good and bad people in every tribe....
what makes people who they're is because of their family upbringing and values and not their tribes.....

I told my mom this some years ago with scriptures from the Bible and since then... she changed the tune she just pray for good wives for her children irrespective of the tribe and God make her children good husbands too

Good to know that you clearly indicated that "your parents don't have such damn right" and wasn't referring to parents in general. Not all that claims to be parents are that in the real sense. Some, it's their children that controls them.

My own parents have a say because i cannot on my own go and marry a girl without their consent and it will be highly irresponsible of the parents of a girl to commence and complete marital rites if the parents of the Boy doesn't show up knowing that they are alive.

It's only if the reasons for rejection isn't justified, then i won't accept and even with that, i won't proceed without them but rather be diplomatic and continue to make them see reasons to accept.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Offpoint: 9:49am On Sep 28, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

This guy ur craziness never leave u grin

Last tym u were inside a well searching for Glo network. nawa for u oo
Lolgrin e dey come and go ni... I wouldn't want to tell where I am right now, the madness will be too much for today.

imagine I had my head upside-down in my street guitar cuz that's where Glo relocate their 3G to...
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by ranksz: 9:51am On Sep 28, 2019
MedicH:

So ur brother came home with his babe and ur aunt unleashed this wickedness on her ur bro no fit defend the girl? I wonder where girl meet this kind guys at. What if the supposed aunt killed the girl from the aggravated assault and battery?

No mind the stupid weakling.
What right does my Aunt have to break bottle or even lay hands on who I came introduce to her.

Even my parents will not attempt such.

Igbos sometimes act too barbaric

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by RealityShot: 9:52am On Sep 28, 2019
Kassidy4luv:
I have been dating her for about 6 months now, last month on her birthday I proposed to her and she said yes. Ever since then the mum have been angry, she invited me to come over to have discussions with me. She is EDO and I am IGBO, the mum said she doesn't want her daughter to marry IGBO because of what an Igbo lady did to her brother.
I was shocked and dumbfounded, while didn't they tell me all this while instead of wasting my time.
don't go and chook your hand I tortoises a US and expect not to get cut!

Leave her alone.
There are millions of other girls.. Hausas, ibos, yorubas etc.

You will marry the mother, father, siblings... If there a bad blood from start..
Don't think you will change it O.

BYE
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Angelacruz: 9:53am On Sep 28, 2019
Take edema
Offpoint:
Doctors in the house, I don't know what's wrong with me for the past 5 days now.
Anything I take in I have this urge of vomiting, even water.
It all started when I drank garri with Merinda plus groundnuts+fried fish.

I was only trying to Jaye ori mi
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Humility017(m): 9:55am On Sep 28, 2019
sacramento1212:

Good to know that you clearly indicated that "your parents don't have such damn right" and wasn't referring to parents in general. Not all that claims to be parents are that in the real sense. Some, it's their children that controls them.

My own parents have a say because i cannot on my own go and marry a girl without their consent and it will be highly irresponsible of the parents of a girl to commence and complete marital rites if the parents of the Boy doesn't show up knowing that they are alive.

It's only if the reasons for rejection isn't justified, then i won't accept and even with that, i won't proceed without them but rather be diplomatic and continue to make them see reasons to accept.

Lol...where is your education and rational thinking.
if you parents could forbid you from marrying a lady all because of her tribe...

and relating it to one generalisation that' is not always true..because they're good and bad people in every tribe.

my parents can give me another reason but definitely not tribe.

I can't be a Christian if I still judge people on the basis of their tribe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Obason22(m): 9:56am On Sep 28, 2019
Kassidy4luv:
I have been dating her for about 6 months now, last month on her birthday I proposed to her and she said yes. Ever since then the mum have been angry, she invited me to come over to have discussions with me. She is EDO and I am IGBO, the mum said she doesn't want her daughter to marry IGBO because of what an Igbo lady did to her brother.
I was shocked and dumbfounded, while didn't they tell me all this while instead of wasting my time.
Guy, take rest and look for wife, Igbo girls last longer in marriage than Edo girls, since the mum have warned u pls stay off, We have most beautiful lady out there with gud characters that u can take as wife instead of Edo.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by goldman777: 9:57am On Sep 28, 2019
Offpoint:
Doctors in the house, I don't know what's wrong with me for the past 5 days now.
Anything I take in I have this urge of vomiting, even water.
It all started when I drank garri with Merinda plus groundnuts+fried fish.

I was only trying to Jaye ori mi
Check your self for ulcer, malaria or pregnancy if you are a lady but seeing a doctor in a hospital for physical examination is still my best advice instead of seeking online diagnosis
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by johnad3(m): 10:05am On Sep 28, 2019
Then pull out. Don't you want to enjoy your marriage? All these our Malle sef they want be in charge of our lives as if they allow our father be in charge of them in their marriage, haha wetin def?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by sacramento1212: 10:07am On Sep 28, 2019
Humility017:

Lol...where is your education and rational thinking.
if you parents could forbid you from marrying a lady all because of her tribe...

and relating with to one generalisation that' is not always true..because they're good and bad people in every tribe.

my parents can give me another season but definitely not tribe.

I can't be a Christian if I still judge people on the basis of their tribe

Except your parents are late, you cannot on your own fulfill marital rites. In your previous post, you sounded like you can and they cannot do anything. It's the parents that negotiate the process and without them, marriage won't be complete except they are no more then elders of the family can come in.

As a person, it's not all tribes i can marry from. I've always maintained this position from the onset and only shifted grounds previously. A lady or guy might be good, portray all the excellent qualities but in marriage, you don't only marry the individual but family, culture, tradition.

In every tribe, there are good and bad people and i am in no way disputing that. If the tribe is Okay by me, my parents won't go against it. Even if they show concerns because of their own experiences, i will only do everything within my capacity to make them see reasons to oblige but not to be autocratic about it.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by hopexter(m): 10:10am On Sep 28, 2019
SLAP44:
grin

Same thing happened in our compound, my elder bro brought back this girl to marry in Mbaise Imo state, my auntie was happy, but when she spoke to the girl and she was like, "Auntie doo, I no dey hear Ib,,,,, she couldn't complete the sentence and my auntie took the coke I brought for her and broke on the poor girl's head. See wahala that day grin

The poor Edo girl ran and my aunt chased her with a cane, flogging her all the way to the bus stop, my elder bro was helpless as it was my auntie who trained him in university.

The poor Edo girl was rejected because one wicked Edo woman who lived in my uncles house in Benin was using witchcraft to suck my auntie business.

LIES grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by gozzlin: 10:15am On Sep 28, 2019
SLAP44:
grin

Same thing happened in our compound, my elder bro brought back this girl to marry in Mbaise Imo state, my auntie was happy, but when she spoke to the girl and she was like, "Auntie doo, I no dey hear Ib,,,,, she couldn't complete the sentence and my auntie took the coke I brought for her and broke on the poor girl's head. See wahala that day grin

The poor Edo girl ran and my aunt chased her with a cane, flogging her all the way to the bus stop, my elder bro was helpless as it was my auntie who trained him in university.

The poor Edo girl was rejected because one wicked Edo woman who lived in my uncles house in Benin was using witchcraft to suck my auntie business.

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:15am On Sep 28, 2019
mercyviv:
I don't believe you're in love with the lady either ... listen to yourself; " why didnt they tell me this before instead..." It simply means you would have walked even in the face of a simple challenge that may have been resolved with dialogue, or do you imagine marriage to be a bed of roses all through and through?! I doubt if you'll be a better husband sir!!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
I have meet the woman in question visited them on some occasions.
Why didn't they tell me on time , why waste my time they dont like igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:16am On Sep 28, 2019
Obason22:
Guy, take rest and look for wife, Igbo girls last longer in marriage than Edo girls, since the mum have warned u pls stay off, We have most beautiful lady out there with gud characters that u can take as wife instead of Edo.
Thanks bro.
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:17am On Sep 28, 2019
Stevecovey:

@ the bolded. Your girlfriends mother is WISE. Your girlfriend better listens to her mother.
That one is not even a problem to me. I can rent an apartment for my sister, my annoyance is the TRIBE.
It hurts me so much.
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:18am On Sep 28, 2019
LUGBE:
You gather mind to go Edo. Edo men are running away, you are running in.

You are seeing the handwriting on the wall but you want to be blind, run away as fast as your leg can carry
Na love Carry me go naa
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by gozzlin: 10:18am On Sep 28, 2019
Kassidy4luv:

She is EDO and I am IGBO her mum an igbo lady divorced her brother and took their children away, so because of that her daughter will not marry me and also because my younger sister is living with me.

Her mum an Igbo lady divorced her brother? AYAM NOT UNDERSTANDING.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Sonnobax15(m): 10:19am On Sep 28, 2019
cyrilamx:
As if Urhobos are better. Lazy drunks fed by their wives. lest u forgot, Urhobos emigrated from Benin.
We ain't talking about emigrants and immigrants here...the question is that why is that there are more landladies than landlords in edo??...

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by uthlaw: 10:19am On Sep 28, 2019
Pettyprincess:
I still do not believe parent still dictate who their children should get married to in this 21st century,bt anyways her mom told her not to marry someone because of an utterance with an igbo person,like seriously?
At this point i really do not know what to say bt you should hear her decision out first.
I can't imagine my mom telling me me i can't marry my bf because people from his race colonised Nigeria.
no love again in this 21century just allow them to dictate for us!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by coolcentbigman(m): 10:20am On Sep 28, 2019
OgboAto:
LOL nobody wants the Ibo people anymore.

Not even Ibo people want to marry Ibo people. grin

Speak for yourself, anyways look around you and see any other tribe who marries an IBO man is very happy in their marriage because when I'm in Lagos I've friends who their mom is Yoruba and their dad IBO and one of them even told my mom, she'll marry from Anambra in her next life because that's the husband's state of origin.

My Cousin married an Hausa man and the family fought her and she came and explained how she loves the guy so much to my mom and my mom advised her to go ahead with their marriage plans than that she'll speak to the other since she of the oldest in the family. To cut long story short both are happily after war from both families, the guy's family doesn't even joke with my sister and we also love her husband so much because he's kind and gentle.

You can find love anywhere irrespective of their tribes, you don't even see or hear from other people but you only picture his/her pretty faces in your head and you even go even more wild in love.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by SLAP44: 10:20am On Sep 28, 2019
hopexter:

LIES grin

I know, they wanted to bash igbos with lies, I had to help them with a fake story grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:23am On Sep 28, 2019
Sonnobax15:
Dear op,with all due respect,i think you should see that hinderance as a blessing in disguise...edo women aren't considered as wife materials if you really want to live long...as an urhobo man,that'd be the last thing i'd do,to marry an edo witch!
Thanks, have already seen it as a blessing
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Enemyofpeace: 10:23am On Sep 28, 2019
Abeg move on and stop wasting our time here with your just 6 months old relationship

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Noblefirstlady: 10:23am On Sep 28, 2019
SLAP44:
grin

What!! Couldn't she send her out quietly? I swear if it was me, I would have gotten her arrested for assault. How dare she break bottle on her head just because of her language. Why not just say no, and your brother was just looking. What if she had killed her.

I can't believe this story.
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by midnighter(f): 10:26am On Sep 28, 2019
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by SLAP44: 10:28am On Sep 28, 2019
Noblefirstlady:

What!! Couldn't she send her out quietly? I swear if it was me, I would have gotten her arrested for assault. How dare she break bottle on her head just because of her language. Why not just say no, and your brother was just looking. What if she had killed her.

I can't believe this story.

We are fabricating stories on the first page, did you believe the first story up there?
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2019
Peng12345:

Forget aboit those bla bla you don't have enough money, simple

Lol, I do have enough money biko.
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:30am On Sep 28, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
Abeg move on and stop wasting our time here with your just 6 months old relationship
Have done that already.
Moved on with my life.
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Noblefirstlady: 10:31am On Sep 28, 2019
SLAP44:

We are fabricating stories on the first page, did you believe the first story up there?
Thank God na fabrication, but even if you are fabricating make it a little believable.
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by hopexter(m): 10:33am On Sep 28, 2019
SLAP44:

I know, they wanted to bash igbos with lies, I had to help them with a fake story grin

Lol grin
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:34am On Sep 28, 2019
TOPCRUISE:

They didn't waste your time. Did they know you wanted to propose to her
Really?
What does dating mean to you?
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Enemyofpeace: 10:36am On Sep 28, 2019
Kassidy4luv:

Have done that already.
Moved on with my life.
that's the spirit. If you force yourself on the babe and marry her, the mother will make life very miserable for you. There are lots of girls out there, pray to God to send you the bone if your bones and the flesh of your flesh that is truly yours from heaven, moreover Edo girls no sabi fok sef

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Travelled To Her Village With My Pictures; Should I Be Bothered?? / Dating A Hausa Man? / My Temperamental Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.