Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. (24798 Views)

Advice Seriously Needed / Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration / Please I Need Advice Seriously. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Streetdreamx(m): 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2019
alizma:
If the construction work is still on going you need to contact some journalist get some lawyers ready for help and move down there to created better better movie enough to stop the work on that day and possibly for some days else, this is my country and my people will tell you that we don't refer to someone we know very well as that man, is either you call him by his name our you said eg Daddy funke or Daddy chukwuma.
What are my saying on a lighter but sincere mood? This is Nigeria if you no use craze follow craze, e better make you commit the suicide now because you no go see one naira.
you were about making sense but on getting to your 2nd to the last line, no sense was made.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by ednut1(m): 2:24pm On Sep 28, 2019
jclassiq:

One off payment or monthly?
yearly payment. I paid 45k last year on a car of about 1.5m. Total claims was 85k to fix and paint the side and bumper

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by edoairways: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2019
Stanweezy:
Village ppl every where, they visited Tacha yesterday today na u bro.

Please let's gather here and pray over village ppl, God will protect us from them.

Amen.
That pray will not work.You don't expect someone using our properties to get help from God.

2 Likes

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Qadaffi2idiamin: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2019
Do not get depressed, you have a case bro. The company is to be blamed if you did not park close to a caution tape used to to signify danger else its a 50:50 case if it goes to court.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Finelinks: 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This heading is very confusing.
Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide.

My emphasis is on the word "before".
Meaning either way you'd still commit suicide but you just need a legal advice before doing it.

In that case, I won't waste my energy on you.

But just in case I got that wrong....accept the heartbreak and move on.
You'd never gain much from depleting your scarce resources to chase a legal battle that may go either way.
It makes no financial sense.
It makes no practical sense either; except to a troublemaker.

Remember, you were at fault by overnight parking by the roadside.
So the law isn't your friend on this too.

Times heals everything.
Let this go but please fight your case if you strongly believe that the only reason Toyota manufactured that bus is so that you can make it in life.

Nothing like overnight parking by the roadside.

@op can check the company out and see if he can get any compensation or out of court settlement.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by uuzba(m): 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2019
Why do you want to commit suicide? (kill yourself...). Are you the one that commited the offence?
Go and punish the person that caused your problems. Make sure they suffer for the offence they commited on you

If you kill yourself now, there's no guarantee you will make heaven. You will be punishing the wrong person, YOU. So you will suffer.
The person that caused all your problems will be here on earth alive flexing, eating meat pie
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by sophy17(m): 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2019
Anybody can sue anybody but its another thing to prove the case and succeed.
U parked the road by the road side because the brake failed is wrong. U may be guilty of contributory negligence.
The cause of the damage was d dug gutter leading to d fall of d pole n d fence on your bus. Again u reasonably ought to have known that by parking your car on d road where construction/ digging of gutter was ongoing could lead to further incidents including what happened. U could have towed, pushed, to a safer place. The digging was already there before u parked. Not after u parked.
Besides, are you sure the incident was not due to natural cause? Storm, flooding due to rain
U also need to consider the cost of litigation and enforcement of judgement if u won the case and time it will take you to finish the case.
I am a lawyer. Beware of those who tell you as if they are the judge.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Koolking(m): 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2019
Napolito:

Its actually tort. Not act of God.

The position of d law in where d car is parked is what I'm not clear wit.

Tort? You mean the Op was wrong? Perhaps he parked the vehicle in a wrong place? Or the construction company was wrong? The guy needs a smart Lawyer's input.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by KraticKratus: 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2019
How much is the bus? How much is your life?

You sound like an afonja muslim that would choose suicide to a good fight.
Life is fight bro. Fight the construction comapany and even the government agency that gave them permission to construct. You may lose the fight but you will learn a lot along the way. If you are not ready to fight, sniper is the best answer.

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Stanweezy(m): 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2019
edoairways:

That pray will not work.You don't expect someone using our properties to get help from God.

Please which property, explain
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by dangoteinlaw: 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2019
AbelAbdul:
Ova 5poles fell down on dat road due to d poor construction work on d rd. . Nig keps producing half-baked graduates into d labour market. no professional engineer would dig a gutter bside a pole.
Lol where should it be dugged at? A gutter or a pole which is more important? I like it when stupid ppl try to be smart behind a keyboard lol
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Fhemmmy: 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2019
DO you have an insurance at all?
Where the vehicle was parked, was there a legal parking space there or was it just by the road side where it was not a legal parking?
Answer this and you might be able to get an answer to your question, but bros, suicide is NEVER the answer

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by jclassiq(m): 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2019
ednut1:
yearly payment. I paid 45k last year on a car of about 1.5m. Total claims was 85k to fix and paint the side and bumper

Jesus!! This is cheap nah. Why are Nigerians not taking advantage of this? We are too careless o

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2019
sophy17:
Anybody can sue anybody but its another thing to prove the case and succeed.
U parked the road by the road side because the brake failed is wrong. U may be guilty of contributory negligence.
The cause of the damage was d dug gutter leading to d fall of d pole n d fence on your bus. Again u reasonably ought to have known that by parking your car on d road where construction/ digging of gutter was ongoing could lead to further incidents including what happened. U could have towed, pushed, to a safer place. The digging was already there before u parked. Not after u parked.
Besides, are you sure the incident was not due to natural cause? Storm, flooding due to rain
U also need to consider the cost of litigation and enforcement of judgement if u won the case and time it will take you to finish the case.
I am a lawyer. Beware of those who tell you as if they are the judge.

Wonderful piece and you sure reason like a good lawyer, kudos

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by jclassiq(m): 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2019
ednut1:

Jesus!! This is cheap nah. Why are Nigerians not taking advantage of this? We are too careless o.

So is there anything like payback after some time if no accident occurs over a period of time?
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by royaldok: 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2019
what's your WhatsApp number?
Eofclub:
Dont give up I pray you get the help you need..

Meanwhile someone please help me
help me �� I ' m at risk of missing my finals exams because of failure to make fee payment . . . I do offer graphics services . . .
With just 2k I ' ll design for you a professional business logo for your brand . . please patronize me . . ����
Please Help save my education
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by uuzba(m): 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2019
KraticKratus:

Life is fight bro. Fight the construction comapany and even the government agency that gave them permission to construct. You may lose the fight but you will learn a lot along the way. If you are not ready to fight, sniper is the best answer.
Why should he kill himself?
Is he the one that caused the problem?
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2019
Fone Femi Otedola , he will assist you...

This is his phone number: 07OTEDOLLAR

Tell him his friends that we both met sat together inside his multi-million dollars yatch gave you his name....

Nairaland, pls no beef me ... Nah God do am...

Excuse, dangote call just came in... Just a minute, pls
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by edoairways: 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2019
Stanweezy:

Please which property, explain
From her hair do, her make up and dressing. She has one of us in her anyway

2 Likes

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Tumbulum: 2:34pm On Sep 28, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This heading is very confusing.
Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide.

My emphasis is on the word "before".
Meaning either way you'd still commit suicide but you just need a legal advice before doing it.

In that case, I won't waste my energy on you.

But just in case I got that wrong....accept the heartbreak and move on.
You'd never gain much from depleting your scarce resources to chase a legal battle that may go either way.
It makes no financial sense.
It makes no practical sense either; except to a troublemaker.

Remember, you were at fault by overnight parking by the roadside.
So the law isn't your friend on this too.

Times heals everything.
Let this go but please fight your case if you strongly believe that the only reason Toyota manufactured that bus is so that you can make it in life.
guy please I have a very serious question for you and I need a sincere answer.
When will you be serious in life?
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by ednut1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2019
jclassiq:

Jesus!! This is cheap nah. Why are Nigerians not taking advantage of this? We are too careless o.

So is there anything like payback after some time if no accident occurs over a period of time?
nope. The idea is to use the money for those affected. If no accidents u don't get anything. I claimed in 2015 and 2017. 2016 and last year i no claim. Even if my car catch fire or is totalled my mind is at rest. We are just a stupid set of people. Abroad its compulsory

3 Likes

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2019
KraticKratus:

Your brainlessness tells you that it's only afonja that use to commit suicide...
When will your brain adapt to sensitive comments?
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by LegalOpinion: 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2019
AbelAbdul:
it's 'third party insurance'

Please the best is comprehensive insurance. If you did that, you would have had no reason to worry at all.

I sympathize with you though.

Regarding your intention to sue, yes you can sue the company on so many grounds.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by tkconcept(m): 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2019
It is good you are exploring a court action against the company! There is so much negligence and impunity around us and we need to individually call those incharge to account. A good legal advise cannot be given with the sketchy facts you have given . But speaking generally? If the construction caused the pole to fall, then you can indeed hold the company liable in negligence and claim the value of the car. I doubt you will have any claim against the government. Concentrate on the he company. Cheers and all the best.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by MedicH: 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2019
alizma:
If the construction work is still on going you need to contact some journalist get some lawyers ready for help and move down there to created better better movie enough to stop the work on that day and possibly for some days else, this is my country and my people will tell you that we don't refer to someone we know very well as that man, is either you call him by his name, eg Daddy funke or Daddy CHUM's una.
What are my saying on a lighter but sincere mood? This is Nigeria if you no use craze follow craze, e better make you commit the suicide now because you no go see one naira.

So it's better he commits suicide over a bus that got damaged? Of course this is Nigeria where there a wild animals and predators. You are just a typical Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Stanweezy(m): 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2019
edoairways:

From her hair do, her make up and dressing. She has one of us in her anyway

Bro stop confusing and confiscating my brain, all this things u mentioned how e take concern us (me)
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by edoairways: 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2019
Stanweezy:

Bro stop confusing and confiscating my brain, all this things u mentioned how e take concern us (me)
Since you can't comprehend or see the reality on ground no problem.

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2019
Take as many photos as you can. If you have an android phone, download open camera and set it to show date and position . Make sure your photos include the vehicle with its license plate.

Get an honest estimate of repairs. Avoid an overinflated one. You can consider getting two or three

Get a lawyer.
The first step is to engage the site engineer. Make sure it is semi official.

Most people will want to close out the issue without office getting wind of it. If the site engineer cannot or is unwilling to resolve, then you need to engage his employer.

Officially through your lawyer. You also need to copy whoever they are doing the job for.

If this doesn’t work, then engage the employer proper. If it is local government and they are dragging their hands, then you need to hit social media so the governor or some commissioner becomes aware.

We had an incident where we were painting a station and some cars in a sales lot got stained. The vendor had to pay for all of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by N1G3R14N(m): 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2019
If you parked legally...

In a real nation, you'd find a good lawyer to help you sue and get a replacement, then gradually pay your debts, all done fast.

But here, you have to pay lawyers first, 'tip' the police or journalist or whoever helps your case get attention, still battle with an unresponsive, unwilling to pay company, while case just keeps getting adjourned and money keeps going on airtime, transportation and tips, and still, only luck can help you after.
Gauge all this, is worth it? Really, you know your country, can you afford to get justice?

Like someone said, better start thinking of another way to move forward, before you're in more debt, sorrow n high bp.

Unfortunately, you're now going to restart from debt. Keep that thought aside for now. Think; What do you have? What can you start with? No skills? (invest in that next time). If you can get pro bono help, or pay after a won case, still try your luck with justice, but start thinking of how to move forward. You don't know what the future holds. What happened simply shows how random life can be.

Also: PAY OFF YOUR DEBTS. It's not good to owe people. Nothing wrong in sacrificing to be off debt
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by jclassiq(m): 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2019
ednut1:
nope. The idea is to use the money for those affected. If no accidents u don't get anything. I claimed in 2015 and 2017. 2016 and last year i no claim. Even if my car catch fire or is totalled my mind is at rest. We are just a stupid set of people. Abroad its compulsory

Bros don't know if you can spare the time to get back to me on classiq87@gmail.com. I have some questions I need to ask you pls. Thanks
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Emmaari: 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2019
Picture of the damage car or idonbiliv this
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by MedicH: 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2019
Pls oga don't think of suicide at all. Before wasting your money on litigation against the company you need to understand few things. You need to come up with an admissible evidence of negligence and most times you can only get this with the help of a structural engineer or civil engineer that will go through the construction and be honest and brilliant enough to tell you that the mishap is the fault of the company or not with facts before you can proceed to court. It is the findings of the engineer that the court will listen to as an expert counsel to make certain that yes there was negligence or malpractice in the construction. To be sincere you can't win here in this Nigeria.

Your best bet is your insurance company and you need to snap photos of the scene and send to them or call them to come over and inspect the scene and this will work best if you use a comprehensive policy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man's Resignation Letter Written On A Cake / Npower Recruitment 2016 Shortlisted Candidates List – Npower Shortlisted Candida / 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.