Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,998 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. (24799 Views)

Advice Seriously Needed / Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration / Please I Need Advice Seriously. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by mjbaba: 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2019
Sue the company.

When I was with Oceanic Bank went and parked his golf behind the branch. Behind o. Rain fell, fence crashed on his car. He sued us.

I thought he had no case. He won o

We had to repair that car
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by zimakod(m): 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2019
My advice for you is to find a way out. You can sue the company, but never think of taking your life.

There is hope once there is life.

Kindly check my app: https://quicknews.com.ng
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by mechanics(m): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2019
Don't dare try it, suicide is not an option, if you where to see the end of those who committed suicide, you won't try it.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by reallouis: 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2019
Bro always chose to keep your head up. Never give up for any reason.

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2019
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
MedicH:
Pls oga don't think of suicide at all. Before wasting your money on litigation against the company you need to understand few things. You need to come up with an admissible evidence of negligence and most times you can only get this with the help of a structural engineer or civil engineer that will go through the construction and be honest and brilliant enough to tell you that the mishap is the fault of the company or not with facts before you can proceed to court. It is the findings of the engineer that the court will listen to as an expert counsel to make certain that yes there was negligence or malpractice in the construction. To be sincere you can't win here in this Nigeria.

Your best bet is your insurance company and you need to snap photos of the scene and send to them or call them to come over and inspect the scene and this will work best if you use a comprehensive policy.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by freemi(m): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2019
Deffi:
Whatever u do, DO NOT KILL YOURSELF!

That's why I hate loans,unnecessary pressures. If u aren't insured-the car I mean wasn't insured-then sue the company for criminal neglect, I think.

Just relax. There are better ways to make money,,,forex trading is one...I can recommend Hantec Global to you. Call 'em on 08093013669,,,94 Allen Avenue, Ikeja.

Thank me later. Visit them and make more money than you even borrowed.

Cheers.
lies

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by MedicH: 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2019
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2019
sue a contactor In this country? Bro, count your losses and move on.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2019
MedicH:

Easy

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by LORDKing001: 2:59pm On Sep 28, 2019
Deffi:

That's why I hate loans,unnecessary pressures. If u aren't insured-the car I mean wasn't insured-then sue the company for criminal neglect, I think.

Just relax. There are better ways to make money,,,forex trading is one...I can recommend Hantec Global to you. Call 'em on 08093013669,,,94 Allen Avenue, Ikeja.

Cheers.
Is it free
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Quartermarch22: 3:02pm On Sep 28, 2019
Bros don't commit suicide, get help,see a psychologist or social worker to balance first then you can decide the best action to take later.its an experience, painful though.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by imanray37(m): 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2019
Always insure what you have
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Americanboy35: 3:14pm On Sep 28, 2019
Deffi:

Are they reliable bro?

Cheers.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Soskele: 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2019
AbelAbdul:
Hello house. Some of you might be familiar with this username. I'm the guy who was on this platform months ago asking which of the cars to buy and start a transport business b/w toyota and honda.

Thanks to moderator who moved the topic to fp and i got the answer i needed.

I bought a vehicle 'bus 18seater' and kicked off the business. The business has been filled with pains and joy but i always keep my head up.

Two days ago the car failed break so i parked it by the road hoping to return the next day with a mechanic since it was night. Coming the next day, electric pole and fence fell on the bus and damaged it beyond repairs.

The cause of the accident is as a result of the gutter a construction company dug.

Should i sue d company? What should i do. Am confused and depressed. 60% of the money i used in buying the bus was a loan. I haven't paid it.

Pls lawyers in nl advice me.

Ordinarily, this incident can be classified as a Force Majuer, i.e an Act of God, an incident beyond anyone's control. It means that your insurance company should indemnify you against the damage. However, the imputation that it was caused by the construction company, will be a big task to face legally for two reasons.

a) You have to prove negligence on the part of the company. And to prove negligence, you have to prove these three things.
1. That the company owes you a duty of care
2. That the company has breached the duty of care
3. That you have suffered damages as a result of the breach.

Proving these elements in view of your narrative may be a bit tasking.

b. You also have to show that you where not negligent on your own part. The risk of packing your car on a road side even when you could easily pack it in police station will be taken into account when pursuing a legal cause of action.

You can reach me if you need further guidance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by leofab(f): 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
Kai
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by jaxxy(m): 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2019
Suicide is not the answer and trust me people have been tru worse and come out stronger. The sky won’t fall trust me. Keep ur head up.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by yeldey: 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2019
AbelAbdul:
Hello house. Some of you might be familiar with this username. I'm the guy who was on this platform months ago asking which of the cars to buy and start a transport business b/w toyota and honda.

Thanks to moderator who moved the topic to fp and i got the answer i needed.

I bought a vehicle 'bus 18seater' and kicked off the business. The business has been filled with pains and joy but i always keep my head up.

Two days ago the car failed break so i parked it by the road hoping to return the next day with a mechanic since it was night. Coming the next day, electric pole and fence fell on the bus and damaged it beyond repairs.

The cause of the accident is as a result of the gutter a construction company dug.

Should i sue d company? What should i do. Am confused and depressed. 60% of the money i used in buying the bus was a loan. I haven't paid it.

Pls lawyers in nl advice me.

This is why comprehensive insurance is very important. I'm never scared to park my car anywhere. Na insurance go suffer am Las Las

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by alizma: 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2019
MedicH:

So it's better he commits suicide over a bus that got damaged? Of course this is Nigeria where there a wild animals and predators. You are just a typical Nigerian
If you had not been jumping out of class when you were supposed to be learning, you would have understand what "on a lighter mood/note" means
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Housing(m): 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2019
Abeladul Even with third-party insurance the insurance company will still respond though the coverage may not be total. Quickly contact your insurance company. Find out the cost of repair nothing like irreparable, weigh your options. Please keep your head up and be strong it is just a passing phase
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Cotton(m): 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2019
AbelAbdul:
it's 'third party insurance'

You see this is the problem. Why would you take a loan for something like a vehicle and not buy comprehensive insurance? If the loan was from a financial institution they would probably make it a requirement. Now that this has happened you don't have a claim for your vehicle damage under a Third Party Insurance cover. Sorry for your loss. You could make a claim against the contractor that dug the gutter but you have to document your loss very well with photos and sworn affidavits from witnesses.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Gboliwe: 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2019
No pictures?

No videos?

lipsrsealed
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Kunlesina: 4:11pm On Sep 28, 2019
call me on 08103715955 and inform me u are calling from nairaland.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by tiredoflife(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2019
Deffi:

Cheers.

Oga how much u don make
U dey market platform
I have been trading since 2007
So we know the drill
It's not easy to make money off the market
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by CanadaOrBust: 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2019
Suicide? Think we’ll o. I’ve heard people say they’d rather kill themselves than commit suicide
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by deavicky(m): 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2019
My friend u parked on the road, if there anyone to be sued here, it should be u.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by adenigga(m): 4:55pm On Sep 28, 2019
Heartbender:
You can either sue the company or the government or both. Call me

But remember the bus was purchased by loan obtained and d loan has not being repaid o. So, where will my guy get legal fees from now. My suggestion, our lawyers in the house can assist by offering their services Free of charge to assist fellow nairalander.

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by adenigga(m): 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2019
deavicky:
My friend u parked on the road, if there anyone to be sued here, it should be u.

He said d bus developed break issue, that is why he left it there. Make the guy just thank God that he meet the bus there without boys taken their own share by vandalising it.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by executive12: 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2019
AbelAbdul:
it's 'third party insurance'

Big mistake. You should have done comprehensive to cover for at least one year. I hope you get something from the construction company.
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by Legendguru: 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by madgoat(m): 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2019
Deffi:

Cheers.
Scammer grin
You want to suck out the remaining money the OP has grin
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by lowkey0147: 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2019
My brother abeg take am easy..Some days are like that, Since u said the bus can't be repaired, you can consider selling it by parts...Look for those that will buy the engine, if the engine is sound you can get a deal of 80k or more for the engine only depending the model of the bus..then you sell the body as scrab (Mgbuka)..some can pay up to 20k - 40k for a Scrab car but it depends on how greedy the person you met is..from there you can couple things up..it won't cover all the expenses but it's better than suicide. My 2 cent
Re: Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. by SexytorresE(f): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2019
If u commit suicide u eil miss that thing u love most, u will be forgotten After 1week, u will be left alone in that lonely grave yard, u will be erase. Then u will root and that's all. Later on, u will see that nothing like hell nor heaven then u wol regret . wise up my love suicide isn't the real deal. I love u and that's all I can tell u. Life is sweet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man's Resignation Letter Written On A Cake / Npower Recruitment 2016 Shortlisted Candidates List – Npower Shortlisted Candida / 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.