Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? (54017 Views)

Top 5 Worst Governor’s In Nigeria 2021-2022 / The Worst Governor In Nigeria Claim Hot Water Damaged The Road He Built In 1 Yea / Yahaya Bello Leads In Worst Governor Poll On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2019
plaindealer:

Aggressive taxation and collection raised the state's tax receipt from N500 million per month to N30 billion per month in less than 10 years so the issue is not inability to generate tax money, it's over taxation and un-taxable population of non working or productive people.

Lagos is a unique state in Nigeria because it's the only state every Nigerian sees as their last safety net and opportunity to survive and make a decent living and they all troop into Lagos in thousands every day with no where to live, no source of income and no prospect of employment, but they all cramped up inside Lagos, they overstretch the resources and meager infrastructure.

Lagos is practically shouldering the burden of all the failed states in Nigeria and when the state officials ask and beg for special status and extra resources, they strike and vote them down. I guess they are too shortsighted or just blind to the fact that Lagos is not only shouldering their burden, but also is the country's golden goose apart from oil. As a society, we can not have it both ways.

It was a perfect comparison, $3 billion is nothing in a state like Lagos state, a state with crumbling and worn down infrastructures. Exactly what do you think they have left after paying down their other statutory obligations and spending on other major needs around the state? Or you think that $3 billion is just siting there for roads? By the time they get to roads, most of it is gone..

$3 billion in a state like Lagos is chump change.

I do have a solution, but it's the kind of solutions that Nigerians don't like, that they do not understand and wont go for because they have to come out of pocket to pay for it..

Thanks a fantastic jump in IGR even after factoring inflation and currency devaluation. I agree with the points you made about Lagos. It should be getting more resources from the federal government. However I think the federal government should give them just enough to not disadvantage the development of other states. It's a delicate dance, I know, but other states needs to be given the opportunity to grow as well.

$3 Billion is a descent amount for Lagos, they just need to manage it well. Lagos can always work on increasing its IGR in order to get more money to spend capital expenditure or they can reduce recurrent expenditure and spend more on capital expenditure. They can cut down on inflated contracts or even take on the construction of roads themselves rather than subcontracting it to save costs or cut down corruption. Other places in the world do it successfully so it's not rocket science.

As it stands, Lagos state budget has a capital expenditure of N463 billion and a recurrent expenditure of N390 billion. Meaning just a little more than half will be used for capital expenditure which is very bad.

And what solution are you envisioning?
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2019
2RUTHHURTS:
Pls argue base on this
then it is ortom of benue state

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2019
plaindealer:

Some states are matured and ready to have state police. but many others are not ready and are heavily immature to have state police. I don't see people like Wike in Rivers properly using state police for public good, I see him fighting his enemies and abusing state police for personal use.

Most of the states in Nigeria are poor, many can not even pay workers salary so where is the money for world class facilities going to come from?

Yah as soon as states are matured enough then they should do state police. Lagos is definitely matured enough for it. Even Abuja should have theirs but we can't selectively let states have their own police system otherwise it won't be fair.

We are not asking for world class facilities although it would be nice, all we are asking for is the basic things. Road, water, electricity and security. Simple things, not rocket science. Airport is a luxury to some states def. Port Harcourt airport is still an eyesore but they have a lot of money; this is just an example of bad leadership. So its not about being poor, its about good governance and managing resources well.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Emmystified(m): 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2019
I give it to Sanwo-olu of Lagos.
Lagos has never had it this bad with the roads. ��
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by error4040: 7:08pm On Sep 29, 2019
Muhammad Inuwa Yahya. Modafucker Declared 998Billion Naira As his Asset, but is yet to pay Workers Salary.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:08pm On Sep 29, 2019
Before I clicked on the thread I know okezie ikpeazu should be in the top two. There should really be an award for the worst governor of the year. The reward? The recepient would be sent to kirikiri prison to spend 7 years with hard labour.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by plaindealer: 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2019
swaggerific:

Thanks a fantastic jump in IGR even after factoring inflation and currency devaluation. I agree with the points you made about Lagos. It should be getting more resources from the federal government. However I think the federal government should give them just enough to not disadvantage the development of other states. It's a delicate dance, I know, but other states needs to be given the opportunity to grow as well.

$3 Billion is a descent amount for Lagos, they just need to manage it well. Lagos can always work on increasing its IGR in order to get more money to spend capital expenditure or they can reduce recurrent expenditure and spend more on capital expenditure. They can cut down on inflated contracts or even take on the construction of roads themselves rather than subcontracting it to save costs or cut down corruption. Other places in the world do it successfully so it's not rocket science.

As it stands, Lagos state budget has a capital expenditure of N463 billion and a recurrent expenditure of N390 billion. Meaning just a little more than half will be used for capital expenditure which is very bad.

And what solution are you envisioning?

$3 billion is grossly poor, nothing decent about it, it's not even enough to build 5 decent major roads.

Saying they should be able to manage it sounds superficial, reality on the ground is real, not based on they should be able to do this and that.

Even the Lagos Metro is snailing because of lack of funds.

I really don't think you know what $3 billion is, you obviously think it's a lot of money, Well it's not, not in Lagos with their needs and population.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by plaindealer: 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2019
swaggerific:

Yah as soon as states are matured enough then they should do state police. Lagos is definitely matured enough for it. Even Abuja should have theirs but we can't selectively let states have their own police system otherwise it won't be fair.

We are not asking for world class facilities although it would be nice, all we are asking for is the basic things. Road, water, electricity and security. Simple things, not rocket science. Airport is a luxury to some states def. Port Harcourt airport is still an eyesore but they have a lot of money; this is just an example of bad leadership. So its not about being poor, its about good governance and managing resources well.

What you need and reality are 2 different things. Nearly all the states in Nigeria are poor, in debt and can't even afford to pay workers salary.

I do agree with you about bad leadership especially in Rivers, Rivers is the 2nd richest state in Nigeria after Akwa Ibom, but the unemployment rate in
Rivers is the highest in Nigeria, also the highest misery index rate.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
plaindealer:

$3 billion is grossly poor, nothing decent about out, it's not even enough to build 5 decent major roads.

Saying they should be able to manage it sounds superficial, reality on the ground is real, not based on they should be able to do this and that.

Even the Lagos Metro is snailing because of lack of funds.

I really don't think you know what $3 billion is, you obviously think it's a lot of money, Well it's not, not in Lagos with their needs and population.

Rome wasn't built in a day. $3 Billion for Lagos is obviously not a lot of money but if thats what they have then thats what they have to work with. They can manage it well and continue building and increasing their IGR.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by londonzona: 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
How can every sane man take away an award that rightfully belongs to IKPEAZU OkEZIE, I went there to buy a cloth to sow for a traditional wedding.,if I should narrate my miseries encountered during this movement, you will pity me, after the whole purchase I literally turned to a mad man. I swam my way through ,all my body was aching me it was a disastrous journey.Now the tailor has been calling me to come and take my cloth. I neally forgo that cloth but he later way billed it for me. Dead road

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by nkemjacob2(m): 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
Abia state. D guys name is affecting him

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Sufgriw(m): 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2019
Sokoto state Aminu Waziri
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Zinny25(f): 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2019
I'm from Abia State and Ikpeazu is the worst governor,,, I don't blame him I think his name is really affecting him... Ikpeazu!
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Brunosamel(m): 7:48pm On Sep 29, 2019
mrvitalis:

I'm 100% sure u haven't been to abia
biko the guy said it all ikpeazụ is the worst governor in nigeria.... Take it or leave it
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by plaindealer: 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2019
swaggerific:

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Of course.

$3 Billion for Lagos is obviously not a lot of money

Thanks for agreeing with me and making my point for me.

but if thats what they have then thats what they have to work with.

Thanks for agreeing with me and making my point for me.

They can manage it well and continue building and increasing their IGR.

Yes, they can, but it still doesn't change the facts and reality that measly $3 billion is what they have to take care of 20 million people with and what they have to address their broken and depressed infrastructure with.

Reality and what we want and like are 2 different things.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Chukapage(m): 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
[quote author=jrusky post=82675733]Yayah Bello 1st

Yayah Bello 2nd

Yayah Bello 3rd.

Add yours...............[/quot..
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Chukapage(m): 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
jrusky:
Yayah Bello 1st

Yayah Bello 2nd

Yayah Bello 3rd.

Add yours...............
you dey Mad!? Yaya Bello wetin ? I go curse you oo . You obviously have not heard of the Frog Okezie Ikpeazu! Kogites suffering small and shouting everywhere!! Abia state not just have the WORST Governor in Nigeria but they have SERIALLY PRODUCED VERY USELESS GOVERNORS FROM ORJI UZOR KALU TILL DATE! I am Igbo mind you..
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by MrBONE2(m): 8:05pm On Sep 29, 2019
swaggerific:

This should help shine more light on my stated opinion. Okezie Ikpeazu has proven time and again that he doesn't know what he's doing.

In my grading system below, 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest.

The role of state governments in Nigeria Grade
1 Security of its citizens and resultant properties 1/10
2 Provision of basic public utilities/amenities 1/10
3 Creation of an appropriate environment for economic growth 1/10
4 Ensuring our educational system is sound (Primary all the way to univ level 1/10
5 Establishment of health care facilities 1/10
6 Increasing state revenue generation and using it well 1/10
7 Maintaining state roads and setting up means of administrating local roads 1/10
8 Passing proper regulations to safe guard investments or its citizens 1/10

Sharing of Kerosene 10/10 grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Chukapage(m): 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2019
mosez346:
grin angry Akure capital of Ondo state na just 4 hours lights per day sometimes no light at all.. na issue of light we dey faced here in Akure oooo...
una dey make me vex with all these careless talks! You see 4hours of light and probably good and relatively neat environment una dey talk carelessly, have you just been to Abia state or crossed it while heading PH? No make me vex now abeg! You don reach Kogi?
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Chukapage(m): 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
symbianDON:
please kindly leave that title for sani bello
Sani Bello wetin ?? No gree me change am for you guy! It's OKEZIE IKPEAZU he is 1st and 2nd ! Try reaching pH through Abia first again no make me change am for you!
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Chukapage(m): 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
stronger9:
I live in Abia State and I can honorably and proudly tell you that Okezie Ikpeazu PhD, is the undefeated worst governor in Nigeria. The dude is as useless as the k in Knowledge.
If there is any word worst than 'worst', then give it to him.
Thank you! No mind this people some are even calling Kogi ,Enugu,Illorin Cross river ,Ogunetc but the reality is Abia state has not just the worst Governor but has serially produced worst Governors starting from that Orji uzor Kalu!
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Chukapage(m): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
patrickmuf:
You are spot on. Ayade is the worst governor presently...
guy no vex me ooo ,The frog OKEZIE IKPEAZU is the worst Governor in Nigeria both present and future!
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
zedman1:
It appears there are no Benue indigenes on this forum. I'm not from Kogi but I thought Yahaya bello( Based on hear say) was the only one contesting for this position with Ortom of Benue. Hmm, them plenty be that, but as for Benue, we've never had it this bad.

My brother I thought so too. But when I got to kogi and Abia I must say Ortom is trying.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Chukapage(m): 8:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
Okoronkwow:
Number 11..... That is Ebonyi state governor.The illiteracy is too much.
on the contrary Ebonyi state under Umahi is one of the best states in Nigeria The Rapid development with lts little allocation is commendable. Are you even Nigerian? No sane person will say Ebonyi state now is one of the worst states.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by praz001(m): 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
Dim08:
Sanwo Olu is the worst Governor Lagos has ever had. He may not be the worst governor in Nigeria but based on past administrators of Lagos state.

All hail Sanwo Olu, the Worst Governor Lagos State Ever Had

Actually not.... I criticized him as well. Let's just say for the first 100 days in office.
Mr sanwolu is actually a listening governor let's give him more time. As of today 29/ 09/ 19, Lagos works corporation were seen working on almost all port holes from egbeda to Lasu isheri road and I believe it will go round the whole of Lagos as well.

kudos to him on that.. I believe more development will follow suit.....

God bless Lagos state...
God bless nigeria......
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by israelmao(m): 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
Bello of course.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by symbianDON(m): 8:40pm On Sep 29, 2019
Chukapage:
Sani Bello wetin ?? No gree me change am for you guy! It's OKEZIE IKPEAZU he is 1st and 2nd ! Try reaching pH through Abia first again no make me change am for you!
chai!! bros you no go understand....e be like say you never enter Niger State before....as in ehnnn!! in the whole of Niger State, only ONE road (constructed by world bank) remotely resembles what a road should be like. Despite accommodating ALL the four hydroelectric power dams in Nigeria, Niger State has almost the poorest supply of electricity. The governor has achieved NOTHING at all since 2015.....worse is that he isn't bothered at all!
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Nonywendy(m): 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2019
swaggerific:
Nigeria is blessed with a plethora of natural resources. As if that wasn't enough, we also have enough human capital to lead ourselves. However, we've been having bad luck after bad luck when it comes to selecting our leaders.

I wish I could make this into a poll or a sort of online vote so it'll be easier for everyone to share their 2 cents. The goal is to hopefully help change the way our leaders treat us by shaming them small.

State Governor
1 Abia State Okezie Ikpeazu
2 Adamawa State Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri
3 Akwa Ibom State Udom Gabriel Emmanuel
4 Anambra State Willie Obiano
5 Bauchi State Bala Muhammed
6 Bayelsa State Henry Dickson
7 Benue State Samuel Ortom
8 Borno State BabaGana Umara
9 Cross River State Benedict Ayade
10 Delta State Ifeanyi Okowa
11 Ebonyi State Dave Umahi
12 Edo State Godwin Obaseki
13 Ekiti State Kayode Fayemi
14 Enugu State Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi
15 Gombe State Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya
16 Imo State Chukwuemeka Ihedioha
17 Jigawa State Badaru Abubakar
18 Kaduna State Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai
19 Kano State Abdullahi Umar Ganduje
20 Katsina State Aminu Bello Masari
21 Kebbi State Abubakar Atiku Bagudu
22 Kogi State Yahaya Bello
23 Kwara State AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq
24 Lagos State Babajide Sanwo-Olu
25 Nasarawa State Abdullahi Sule
26 Niger State Abubakar Sani Bello
27 Ogun State Dapo Abiodun
28 Ondo State Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu
29 Osun State Adegboyega Oyetola
30 Oyo State Oluwaseyi Makinde
31 Plateau State Simon Lalong
32 Rivers State Ezenwo Nyesom Wike
33 Sokoto State Aminu Waziri Tambuwal
34 Taraba State Arch. Darius Ishaku
35 Yobe State Mai Mala Buni
36 Zamfara State Bello Matawalle

My vote is 1: Okezie Ikpeazu. He's literally the worst of the worst. We are not talking about rocket science here oh. This guy won't even handle the basic things well. I don't even know where to start with him; poor roads, pot holes everywhere, electricity situation is poor, schools poor, security situation poor.

The agbaya won't even pay common salaries but rumor has it that he gets around N1 Billion Naira monthly in security vote! Shameful

My 2nd vote has to be #22: Yahaya Bello. I don't even know where to start with him. I tire for him.

Ayade of cross river state is d worst governor Nigeria has ever produced

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by zedman1(m): 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2019
stinflame:

My brother I thought so too. But when I got to kogi and Abia I must say Ortom is trying.
Chai! Na wa oh, those guys must be going through hell then, but nevertheless as per Benue is concerned, since I was born, I've never witnessed any governor as bad as Ortom. He's the reason I even started talking politics.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Nonywendy(m): 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2019
badmrkt:
Ben Ayade of Cross River State. Man is worst than all those mentioned above. You won't know until you are in Calabar. Seems Cross Riverians are not bothered. Why should i.
Pls increase d volume. Ayade na scammer, worst governor in d history of nigeria
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by mosez346(m): 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2019
grin grin
Chukapage:
una dey make me vex with all these careless talks! You see 4hours of light and probably good and relatively neat environment una dey talk carelessly, have you just been to Abia state or crossed it while heading PH? No make me vex now abeg! You don reach Kogi?
grin
Chukapage:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures Of Senator Dino Melaye With The New Pdp Governors / How Northern Big Boys Lavish Money (Video) / Israel Okwu Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu's Father Speaks On Call For His Son's Re-Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.