Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? (54024 Views)

Top 5 Worst Governor’s In Nigeria 2021-2022 / The Worst Governor In Nigeria Claim Hot Water Damaged The Road He Built In 1 Yea / Yahaya Bello Leads In Worst Governor Poll On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by zedman1(m): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2019
Tsadu001:
Base on my opine, Niger state governor Alh. Sani Bello is the most worst governor.
In terms of;
1. Education 1/10
2. Road construction 0/10
3. Job for the vibrant youths 1/10
4. Security 1/10
5. Power 1/10
Some many things, the only things he does is that he pay salary that's all.
He pays salaries? That's the only thing you need to do as a governor of Benue state for people to say you're a "good governor". Even if you do nothing, pay salaries! Benue is almost strictly a civil service state. Ortom has been doing nothing exept telling the world about fulani crisis which we all know started long before his emergence just to cover up for his failures, worst is he doesn't even pay salaries!
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Urchmandee(m): 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2019
Validated:
OP how did you come to your seemingly myopic conclusion that Ikpeazu is the worst governor? What were your criteria? I would have expected you to support your point with empirical evidence or analysis. Not hearsay!

I do not think you are from Abia State because if you are really from Abia you will know that Ikpeazu is Really the worst Governor. No good road, no salary (go to ASCETA) they havent received any salary for more than 12months. Go to Osisioma junction at Aba, he is constructing just one Flyover for over 4year now.

I was trying to attend a burial at Ikot ekpene road Ogbor Hill Aba, I couldn't drive to the address because the road was completely cut off, as a matter of fact, the Governor's village home could be like 20 or 30mins drive from there. Go to some places at Aba-owerri road, even go to Umuahia the capital of the state. How can a state government rent an apartment for government house.
God shall surely smile on Abia State one day, and give her governor more like the Peter Obis, the Surlivan Chimes, and the Dave Umahis.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Chikpat(m): 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2019
I don't understand what is happening in Enugu State.... Enugu deserves better

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by davidque: 10:29pm On Sep 29, 2019
Why ask! when Yeye Bello has shown that he has no equal in mediocrity and backwardness. How do you explain that a state governor with unpaid salaries throwing money in the air to crowds in gwagwalada
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Adijerry: 10:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
Governor of Benue state Dr Samuel Orton is the worst Governor in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by antzlaive(m): 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2019
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by ogboginy: 11:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
were is Dave umahi of Ebonyi state.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Saintly01(m): 1:17am On Sep 30, 2019
Okezie Victor Ikpeazu is the worse in Africa, Yahaya Bello is just a massive mistake as well.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by wasuka14(m): 1:28am On Sep 30, 2019
My vote is Ikpeazu
swaggerific:

This should help shine more light on my stated opinion. Okezie Ikpeazu has proven time and again that he doesn't know what he's doing.

In my grading system below, 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest.

The role of state governments in Nigeria Grade
1 Security of its citizens and resultant properties 1/10
2 Provision of basic public utilities/amenities 1/10
3 Creation of an appropriate environment for economic growth 1/10
4 Ensuring our educational system is sound (Primary all the way to univ level 1/10
5 Establishment of health care facilities 1/10
6 Increasing state revenue generation and using it well 1/10
7 Maintaining state roads and setting up means of administrating local roads 1/10
8 Passing proper regulations to safe guard investments or its citizens 1/10
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by cutefy: 1:28am On Sep 30, 2019
In this life, we only know yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Wickedtruths: 4:05am On Sep 30, 2019
Validated:
OP how did you come to your seemingly myopic conclusion that Ikpeazu is the worst governor? What were your criteria? I would have expected you to support your point with empirical evidence or analysis. Not hearsay!

Stanley a defender of Ikpeazu like you just died after sickness. He reached out to the Pdp guys in Abia State but they ignored him before he died.

Keep on deceiving yourselves. Okay?
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by consize: 6:38am On Sep 30, 2019
1. Yahaya Bello (kogi)
2. Ikpeazu (abia)
3. Sani Bello (Niger)

This three take the cake and in no particular order in my opinion. They're the worst of the bunch.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by LordNicvuitton(m): 8:09am On Sep 30, 2019
Abia state is a vile state. Abia state has the worst of the worst governors, since the inception of 1999 democracy. Abia state is the only state where their indegenes, especially Ngwa people, refer to other Igbos as (ndi ohuhu) unwanted outsiders. A state road that I spent a lil part of my life in (Ozuomba Road), linking port-harcourt road to obohia road, are all worse than they ever were. Abia state is a shame to the entire South East region, this is not about tribalism now.
I am Igbo, from Anambra but I am very ashamed of Abia state and Abians. tueh! I pity those that still reside in that state, long forgotten by God.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Dim08: 8:15am On Sep 30, 2019
siromot:

mumu.. we are talking abt worst gov in Nigeria you are talkin
g abt lag.. beside sanwo olu just spent 100+ days in office so you can't judge him now ...talk about governors in their 2nd tenure or more than one year

You lack comprehension. So all other governors have spent over 500+ days in office.

In case you find it difficult to learn quickly. This is what I am saying.

Sanwo Olu may not be the worst governor in Nigeria but among all the governors who had ruled Lagos, Sanwo Olu happens to be the worst so far based on his present performance as at now. Next time, don't type before you think. OK?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 30, 2019
zedman1:
Chai! Na wa oh, those guys must be going through hell then, but nevertheless as per Benue is concerned, since I was born, I've never witnessed any governor as bad as Ortom. He's the reason I even started talking politics.

Ortom Second Tenure will be great.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by zedman1(m): 9:08am On Sep 30, 2019
stinflame:

Ortom Second Tenure will be great.
Amen bro, but with the "will be" in your statement so, I hope it won't turn out to be Future Impossible Tense o.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by LadyExcellency: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
swaggerific:

Okay. Abia gets ~N5 Billion monthly as federal allocation. Governor do nothing gets 22% of that as security vote alone. Let's assume the security vote he's getting is legal, which it is according to Nigerian law, it probably pales in comparison to how much he pays himself and his cronies in government. So let's say all in all, the governor takes 1 Billion + another 1 Billion in salaries and other personal/government expenses monthly. That will be 2 billion/5 billion = 40% of the federal allocation! In what world is that okay?

In what world is it okay for one man to take that much of the states resources. Why not be "selfless" and use some of that stolen money to provide basic things like water, electricity and roads? Or better yet, clean up the filthy city?

Abia State monthly wage bill is N2.5 billion - Fact

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 11:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
LadyExcellency:

Abia State monthly wage bill is N2.5 billion - Fact

Wow! Wage bill for every political appointee or governor only or for every government person including civilians? Governor gets a huge amount monthly in security vote for sure.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by kart042000(m): 12:16am On Oct 01, 2019
It would have been good to obtain counts as people declare the worst governors and put the updated numbers in front of their name on first page.

Not everyone has the time to read 9 pages, but majority will appreciate seeing the poll from Nigerians.

Anyone who decides to state the reasons, that is ok as well.

My 2 cent.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by LadyExcellency: 12:17am On Oct 01, 2019
swaggerific:

Wow! Wage bill for every political appointee or governor only or for every government person including civilians? Governor gets a huge amount monthly in security vote for sure.

There's no proof to what exactly is the Governor's Security votes. The career opposition politicians can pontificate but that doesn't make it fact.

The wage bill is the same reason T. A. Orji sacked non Abians career civil servants.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 3:17am On Oct 01, 2019
LadyExcellency:

There's no proof to what exactly is the Governor's Security votes. The career opposition politicians can pontificate but that doesn't make it fact.

The wage bill is the same reason T. A. Orji sacked non Abians career civil servants.
This should not be applauded. Sacking them simply for being non Abians is against the One Nigeria everyone wants. We need to be one and that should start by stopping all this tribalistic nonsense.

So I just spent sometime digging around online and talking to a few people and this is what I pieced together. I'm going to dig into Kogi budget too if anyone comes up with some numbers I can start with.

The N2.5Billion you mentioned earlier is just the personnel cost for the executive office of the governor. It doesn't include N9.5 Billion for

Orji Kalu used to get N400,000,000 (400 Million Naira or roughly $2.7 Million then) monthly. Not to be outdone, TA Orji asked for and received a nice N300,000,000 increase; so his vote was N700,000,000. Not to be outdone either (because nobody wan carry last), Okezie Ikpeazu then increased his by another N300,000,000 to N1,000,000,000 monthly. Looks like they might have agreed to keep it around ~$2.7M monthly adjusted for inflation. I don't know.

Attached is the 2019 Budget for this year. It shows that the gov and deputy governors office got approx N13 Billion for this year. I think that doesn't include the security vote because I don't think he really needs to account for it anywhere.

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 3:33am On Oct 01, 2019
kart042000:
It would have been good to obtain counts as people declare the worst governors and put the updated numbers in front of their name on first page.

Not everyone has the time to read 9 pages, but majority will appreciate seeing the poll from Nigerians.

Anyone who decides to state the reasons, that is ok as well.

My 2 cent.

Yes I agree. I eventually created the poll but it won't let me put it in the original post because it was locked by someone. Maybe the moderators? smiley.

Based solely on the comments here it looks like Okezie Ikeazu is winning. Based purely on people who responded to the poll, Okezie Ikpeazu has 40%, Bello has 40% and Governor of Cross River and Benue state dey share the rest. The voting is still ongoing, I'll post up the final result afterwards.

Here's the link for the poll here.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KG5GCW3

Happy voting!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 5:59am On Oct 01, 2019
LadyExcellency:

Also see the page attached. The governors security vote alone is larger than allocation to Ministry of education, health, sports and a bunch of other ministries COMBINED. Abia has an Abia Angels Football club? Wonders shall never end; they are receiving more money than Ministry of Sports. I read online that Abia State University Teaching Hospital staff haven't been paid for 13 months or so, is the N2.4 BN per year going to be enough for them? This state budget is shameful. I pity their citizens.

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by LadyExcellency: 10:01am On Oct 01, 2019
swaggerific:

Also see the page attached. The governors security vote alone is larger than allocation to Ministry of education, health, sports and a bunch of other ministries COMBINED. Abia has an Abia Angels Football club? Wonders shall never end; they are receiving more money than Ministry of Sports. I read online that Abia State University Teaching Hospital staff haven't been paid for 13 months or so, is the N2.4 BN per year going to be enough for them? This state budget is shameful. I pity their citizens.

Please, parastatals are revenue generating agencies of government. Abia State teaching hospital doesn't offer free healthcare same with Abia State University and Polytechnics. These agencies receive subversion to help subsidize charges not the the money to run the agencies.

Secondly, stop this bold face lie of N1,000,000,000 security vote. State the facts with verifiable links on the amount and not propaganda
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2019
LadyExcellency:

Please, parastatals are revenue generating agencies of government. Abia State teaching hospital doesn't offer free healthcare same with Abia State University and Polytechnics. These agencies receive subversion to help subsidize charges not the the money to run the agencies.

Secondly, stop this bold face lie of N1,000,000,000 security vote. State the facts with verifiable links on the amount and not propaganda

First of all, I have zero interest in pushing propaganda. None whatsoever. What's my own on whether Abia is good or bad? I'm just calling out bad (Terrible?) governance. My beef with any terrible government/governor is that they are not performing. If you do a deeper analysis to determine why or how they are not performing, you'll realize that one issue is that they grab an inordinate amount of money for themselves alone. In other words greed.

The security vote is very likely at or around 1,000,000,000 monthly. It stood at 700 Million monthly as of 2010. I said it was a rumor because only very few people can confirm the actual amount because the governors don't need to account for it. You can always prove me wrong if you think I'm talking nonsense.

Here is the newspaper article I cited and spoke to a few people to figure out the current level now.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/39206/state-governors-and-their-security-votes.html

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/cut-your-security-vote-pdp-chieftain-tells-ikpeazu/

On the issue of parastatals generating revenue, my understanding is that states in Nigeria receive all of their internally generated revenue and then reallocates those funds according to their agenda. So revenue from Abia Teaching Hospital or the state schools go to the state government first and then "logically" should then receive enough money to run itself but that has not been the case for ages.

Again, please prove me wrong if you think anything I've stated doesn't make any sense.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by LadyExcellency: 5:34am On Oct 02, 2019
swaggerific:

First of all, I have zero interest in pushing propaganda. None whatsoever. What's my own on whether Abia is good or bad? I'm just calling out bad (Terrible?) governance. My beef with any terrible government/governor is that they are not performing. If you do a deeper analysis to determine why or how they are not performing, you'll realize that one issue is that they grab an inordinate amount of money for themselves alone. In other words greed.

The security vote is very likely at or around 1,000,000,000 monthly. It stood at 700 Million monthly as of 2010. I said it was a rumor because only very few people can confirm the actual amount because the governors don't need to account for it. You can always prove me wrong if you think I'm talking nonsense.

Here is the newspaper article I cited and spoke to a few people to figure out the current level now.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/39206/state-governors-and-their-security-votes.html

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/cut-your-security-vote-pdp-chieftain-tells-ikpeazu/

On the issue of parastatals generating revenue, my understanding is that states in Nigeria receive all of their internally generated revenue and then reallocates those funds according to their agenda. So revenue from Abia Teaching Hospital or the state schools go to the state government first and then "logically" should then receive enough money to run itself but that has not been the case for ages.

Again, please prove me wrong if you think anything I've stated doesn't make any sense.

The parastatals manage their income in Abia State. Example includes ABSU Uturu is sustainable. It pays salaries as at when due and remits money to Abia State most times.

Using 2010, the dreadful age of kidnapping in Abia State is nonsense.

Abia State is now among the most peaceful State in Nigeria as we speak hence your postulation is empirically faulty.

Check FAAC monthly allocations, Abia State gets 3 billion Naira at times hence can't afford a billion for Security vote. This a pure lie.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by drmikeadams(m): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2019
grin grin abeg OP compile the list properly,with abia governor on number one then carry go twitter or aljazeera grin
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by respect80(m): 8:11am On Oct 02, 2019
utenwuson:
Oma.... Base on stories I read on Nairaland, I was in a bus one day from Abuja passing through kogi, I stated with boldness that Abia state governor is the worst in Nigeria, I nearly got mobbed by kogites in the bus, they where seemingly angry that any governor could out do their governor in the worst governor award... Bello is the worst governor in history of mankind not just in Nigeria.

Even if he rig, he won't win, in a fair and a bit credible election, only Ebiras will vote for him despite them feeling the worst hit for his maladminstration and that will just be like 21 percent of the total vote cast

@Utenwojo

No make laff kee me abeg cheesy cheesy cheesy

Those thinking Ikpeazu is the worst governor just don't know what they're talking about. I served my NYSC in Abia state and I can testify that the state is living below its potential but can NEVER! I repeat NEVER! be compared with Kogi.

If things continue like this, I believe God won't bother to put any Kogite in hell because it would only be a rehearsal of what they have experienced already.

In a leveled playground, even a well dressed rooster can defeat Yahaya Bello with a wiiiiiide margin of votes talkless of any human being.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 10:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
One by one we should start holding our leaders accountable. Good job EFCC. I hope they also look into Okezie Ikpeazu and Yahaya Bello as well.

This is ridiculous.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/02/09/how-ex-abia-governor-theodore-orji-withdrew-n500m-every-month-eight-years-state-funds
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by mrAlhaji(m): 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2020
Validated:
yes he is,Abia state governor is the worst governor in Nigeria,seconded by yahaya bello of kogi state

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Military Captures Injured Boko Haram Commander In Konduga Battle 18th September / Nasir Ado: Hausa Man Contesting For Councillor In Delta State (Photo) / Reno Omokri Apologizes To Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.