Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years (66151 Views)

Jean-Pierre Adams Dies After Being In Coma For 39 Years / Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) / Kylian Mbappe Named Most Valuable Footballer In The World At £190m (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by mechanics(m): 11:33am On Sep 30, 2019
Eyah, she's a real wife material, but football is a risky job o.
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by extraswag007(m): 11:34am On Sep 30, 2019
sinaj:
Just wondering if he will get old or remain young since he is uconscious
He's 71years old now... he was 34 when he was put to sleep and he has spent 37years sleeping... he has spend the larger years of his existence sleeping... So sad...
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by dopechoks(m): 11:43am On Sep 30, 2019
Offpoint:
dem no let me die, dem no let me live... what manner of heartlessness and selfishness is that?

Only a wicked and selfish wife will watch me in coma for that long without telling the doctors to put an end to it.

37 freaking years and you call that love.... what's the life in that?

have you ever heard of the word 'euthanasia'?

and do you know its a crime?
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by tillaman(m): 11:45am On Sep 30, 2019
Damn I just looked this stuff up, they court jus suspended the anaesthetist and the trainee’s license for 1 month and $815 fine!!
37 years shocked
Bronchospasm kee the anaesthetist there

1 Like

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Hapinex01: 11:48am On Sep 30, 2019
Dear God bless me with dis kind of woman. No use dis one try our women dis days oooh
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by tillaman(m): 11:48am On Sep 30, 2019
dopechoks:

have you ever heard of the word 'euthanasia'?

and do you know its a crime?
Euthanasia is not a crime if the patient’s next of kin agrees to it, People get euthanized every now and then it’s been around for decades
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by PapaAdanna: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2019
Eyaa wat a pity

That kind of love na oyibo spec. U can't get it here for naija
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
What people called love baffles me sometimes. This is one reason we shouldn't allow emotional attachment becloud our reasonability.

37 years is too long a time to hang on life mechanically. Death exists for reasons like this; exit when the vehicle breaks down.

Love is not attachment.
Love is not burdensome.
Love let go when necessary.

If that man should wake up now, what's the use?
Yeah, a miracle to talk about. What else?

Well, since I am hearing this for the first time, I will pretend it happened yesterday and wish him quick recovery. (just trying to play the human culture of being human). What will be will definitely be.
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by pyro62(m): 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
MJBOLT:
the same blessings and favour should help this man after 37 years.

#UselessPrayers

[s][/s]

Blasphemous pagan
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by ephraim18(m): 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2019
this love is very deep... can a Nigerian woman love like this that woman is a rare gem
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by edobalo: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
I pray for him to be back again now. God, Let this woman smile again.

1 Like

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by keryj(f): 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
OtemAtum:

You guys should stop judging grammar on social media. Even the embolden is not grammatically correct. I'm not judging you though grin

I was quoting his words, try understand.
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Ugosample(m): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2019
naijadrivablog:
That doctor did it on purpose. They didn't want him to marry a 'white'.

yep

it was a different world back then

Blacks were dealt wity cruelly

like a very popular black American woman

she was sterilized by doctors when she was in her 20s
it was the covert policy then to limit the number of "niggers" in Mississippi
it was those civil rights era
a shameful time in America history

what did blacks do to be treated so so disdainfully then
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Ugosample(m): 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
PatrickOkunima:
He's right you know. Even if a black woman genuinely loves her husband to the extent of waiting, pressure from family and friends will not allow. Unlike blacks, the whites respect people's decisions.

I can.agree with your last statement it's very true
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Mummymahdi(f): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
keep quiet... how many stories do u know... every thing na gender war

not every one on Nairaland is as young as it seems pls respect urself I might be it mother's mate
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by snowblaq(f): 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
Deola2020:
Close to tears when I first read this fella's story,this kinda story really makes you question the existence of "God" or think he is a myth,just do something SUPERNATURAL like in this case and people(unconditional loving wife) really believe you EXIST....

The wife is really a GEM,sad love story....

He is still God.. ..no matter what.. ..and He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy.. ..Questioning His existence doesn't make Him any less of whom He is.. ..
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by SaintLorenzo(m): 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2019
This hv really hurt my emotions
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by ledaman: 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
Fidelismaria:
End his misery and suffering

No need keeping him alive that long

Just cut off his oxygen supply and let the dude rest in peace
Murderer spotted!
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by ledaman: 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
Fidelismaria:

Murderer spotted!
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by fasayoblog(m): 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
sinaj:
Check your email
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by uminem02(m): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
Fidelismaria:

He doesn't need respiratory assistance according to one article I read
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by uminem02(m): 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2019
sinaj:
There's your answer

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Lacash: 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
phenzy:
Jean Adams, a French footballer, has been in coma for 37years- due to a mistake his doctor made while putting him to sleep for a surgery to repair a torn ligament.

His wife Bernadette, who he married in 1969 still stays by his bed till today.

A story of love, pain and of tears. I ran into the story this morning- and it really just broke my heart.

The wife tends for him, look after him, feed him and with the help of nurses and physiotherapists who come everyday- she’s able to bathe him and provide 24hours a day care.

The interesting but sad part to this story is the said doctor and his colleague only went to jail for a month and was fined about 815 dollars.
That’s all.

For an error that has cost a man his entire life, cost his family a father and a husband and cost the world a great athlete.
We will never know of true love- if things always work out and nothing tests our resolve.

Love is an action word.
Love is not just roses and vacations.
Love is basically giving up yourself and your life, if need be, for someone else.

That woman is a gem �
And will always be.

Source: https://twitter.com/DrOlufunmilayo/status/1178237251337236480?s=19

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Pierre_Adams
Though it’s a bitter pills to swallow, but my candid advice for the wife and anybody it may concern is to let him join his ancestors once and for all, cos even if he comes out of comer today, his life can never be the same...Aje
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Midas01: 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2019
Use it to cleanse your brain, hopefully it can restore your sanity.
Itzurboi:
You are bitter, i recommend goko cleanser to you.. Good day
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Midas01: 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
I normally don't entertain dimwits but here....

Caucasians (Europeans and white Americans) are just called white people. The actual color of their skin is not white.

Negroids (Black Africans) are just called blacks. The actual colour of their skin is not black.

I won't read or reply further nonsense from you.
Itzurboi:
Its nice you understand, i had to use white and black for her to comprehend because that what most of them literally believe, how am i sure she would know the difference between asians, caucasians, european, negros..
Back to you, you mean there is nothing like whites, or black... how then did race come into play. you must be dumber than i thought.
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Midas01: 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
Definitely didn't read your capped trash. I don't converse with mad people.[s]
CAPSLOCKED:

IN OUR BUSES, THIS IDIOT IS THERE TO TELL US WE'RE GOING TO HELL.
OUR STREETS ARE LETTERED WITH POSTERS OF THIS IDIOT... INVITING US FOR ONE REVIVAL CRUSADE OR ANOTHER.
WE CAN'T EVEN SLEEP AT NIGHT OR REST IN THE DAY BECAUSE THIS IDIOT HAS LOUD MEGA SPEAKERS MOUNTED FROM SOKOTO TO BAYELSA, WITH WHICH HE USES TO DISTURB OUR PEACE OF MIND AND THREATEN OUR EXISTENCE WITH SUFFERING AND HELL IF WE DON'T JOIN HIM.
EVERY FEED ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA IS ABOUT THIS IDIOT AND HIS CAUSE.

THIS IDIOT TURNS AROUND TO ACCUSE ME OF NOT LETTING PEOPLE HAVE THEIR OPINION IN PEACE BECAUSE I DARE TO CHALLENGE HIM JUST ONCE. cheesy HAHAHAHA
[/s]
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Midas01: 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
You people are just insatiable. If a woman doesn't stick with her man
problem, she doesn't stick with him problem.
evilive:
What people called love baffles me sometimes. This is one reason we shouldn't allow emotional attachment becloud our reasonability.

37 years is too long a time to hang on life mechanically. Death exists for reasons like this; exit when the vehicle breaks down.

Love is not attachment.
Love is not burdensome.
Love let go when necessary.

If that man should wake up now, what's the use?
Yeah, a miracle to talk about. What else?

Well, since I am hearing this for the first time, I will pretend it happened yesterday and wish him quick recovery. (just trying to play the human culture of being human). What will be will definitely be.
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
Midas01:
You people are just insatiable. If a woman doesn't stick with her man
problem, she doesn't stick with him problem.

I am not against her staying with her husband. I only hijacked the situation to address a general misconception about what people called love.

I was only trying to say that loyalty is not love; love is the flowering stage in the cause of spiritual growth, it is non-polar, unlike loyalty.

I doubt if this can be explained without being misunderstood.

Peace
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by glowingflame7: 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
MJBOLT:
the same blessings and favour should help this man after 37 years.

#UselessPrayers

[s][/s]

Medical science has not solved the problem yet. Doesn't make science useless. You don't have to be caustic.
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by golddeejay(m): 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
keryj:

Is this grammar also a mistake

If am dumb enough (as u claim), how then will I know its a mistake cheesy

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by MJBOLT: 8:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
i can do it for my wife

Biglittlelois:

Since it is now based on skin color, going by the rubbish you typed, can a black man do that for his white wife? Or his black wife? And if you are black, how high is your esteem, since color defines love and care in your brain....
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Biglittlelois(f): 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2019
MJBOLT:
i can do it for my wife

Say this when you're married, not now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See How Fabregas And Messi Greeted Each Other After Chelsea Vs Barcelona Game / Deontay Wilder Is From Edo, Nigeria / Armored Tank: Kylian Mbappe Causes A Stir In Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.