Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,158 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria (78484 Views)

Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 / List Of Igbo Dialects And Where They Are Spoken In Igboland / See How All The 36 Nigerian States Got Their Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Depressed101: 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ignyte:

There is, my elder brother served in a locality in Anambra state called 'Nzam', we had to visit him every two months and to our surprise na Igala people we been dey ask for directions
gbam, I don't know what this ethnic bigots are hiding ...

5 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by NORSYK(m): 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
midnighter:

Yes and they even complain that people don't make an effort to include them in Igbo matters

Exactly.. I have a Facebook friend that's from there and her name is Onyi Nwa****li, the day she told me that she's from Benue state I doubted her, it took me a while before I was convinced

5 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Depressed101: 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:

And am telling you nothing like that is existing.

People you met are liars.

There is nothing of such.
oga where is Nzam in Anambra state check well
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ibibio is also spoken in Abia State while some Cross River languages pernetrated Ebonyi. Imo is the only State where everyone speaks a dialect of Igbo.

9 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ufedolove:

This just shows that you don't even know your state enough. The part of Anambra state bordering Kogi State have people that speak Igala as their main language just like Enugu state.

Just leave him, he is claiming there are no Igalas speaking indigenous people of Anambra State now because he is fighting for the title of the most populous tribe in Nigeria but when it's time to claim oil producing state now they will suddenly remember that the part Igala land oil is deposited is of Anambra.

4 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by omenka(m): 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
mrvitalis:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/agony-igbos-benue/amp/ read n learn every information u want is there except u want to lie to your self
Even in your link (even though it's a source you people ALWAYS CONDEMN AS LAGOS IBADAN EXPRESS MEDIA), here is what was written:

feanyi does not expressly condemn their inclusion in Benue State, be he said if the other ethnic groups do not want them in Benue, the Federal Government should set up a machinery immediately to return them to their kith and kin in the Southeast, particularly Ebonyi State.

They belong to Ebonyi and NOT Benue.

Stop forcing yourselves on Benue state!! angry
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
LegendHero:

I don’t know if we even have Niger Delta people on Nairaland. The Igbos have been calming all your cities since 1900, and yet you guys always remain silent when they try saying they dominate everywhere.

They will say they are majority in Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, but not of you indigenous guys give rebuttal to all these statements.

The earlier you guys start taking hold of your cities and projecting your tribesmen identity the better for ya’ll.

Another insecure person with roots from Togo and Benin republic has arrived.

lolzzzzzzzzzz.

They are many here. Infact as am typing am sitting with one beside me.

You can move Abia state off from bordering Akwaibom and carve ogun state in...so you can have peace of mind.

9 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by NORSYK(m): 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
somehow:
So because he bears Igbo name, that part automatically becomes Igbo? Do you have english name?

Yes of course, I am from Igbo imagine me bearing idemudia as my Igbo native name.... Would that make sense to you?

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by VAQAXY: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
Anambra leads
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Lastorator: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
LegendHero:

I don’t know if we even have Niger Delta people on Nairaland. The Igbos have been calming all your cities since 1900, and yet you guys always remain silent when they try saying they dominate everywhere.

They will say they are majority in Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, but not of you indigenous guys give rebuttal to all these statements.

The earlier you guys start taking hold of your cities and projecting your tribesmen identity the better for ya’ll.

There are ZERO igbo tribe in Akwa Ibom and cross River, when i say Zero i mean zero, tag me to any thread you find please, mention me... Akwa Ibom has majorly Ibibio, annang and Oron... There is a side that is close to abia that has some semblance bilut there is no single tribe that speaks igbo in akwa-cross

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by sacramento1212: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:
OP Said that we speak Ibibio annang and igbo in akwa ibom... Op weytin dey high you...

Ther predominant language in my state are Ibibio, annang and Oron... Other dialects branch from there, and there are no igbo tribes in Akwa ibom state... No one should have take these facts serious...i stoped reading the time op included igbo as a major language in my akwa abasi ibom state leaving out, Oron, Okobo, Eket, Andoni...

The Op is smoking gum. Immediately i saw Igbo added to the list of language in akwa-ibom i stopped reading. For Abia state to share boundary with akwa-ibom which is the Annang part doesn't mean akwa-ibom people speak Igbo too as a language.

2 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by omenka(m): 7:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
murphyibiam15:

https://thenationonlineng.net/agony-igbos-benue/
Did you even read what was written there or you simply copied the link provided by your brother?

Go read the reply I gave him.

Nonsense.

Thought you guys have something better to show me as proof, maybe, some historical document. Such a shame all you could do is rely on The nation, a newspaper you guys love to hate.

Go read what is written there and enlighten yourselves. Nowhere is it stated in the said link that they are indigenous to Benue. They were dispersed from Ebonyi it said.

Sure you guys are confused

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:
I reserve my Judgement on this because there are distortions.

But let me quickly correct this

4. Anambra State
Anambra is a state in southeastern Nigeria. Its name was inspired by one of its Northern and riverine clans Anam but merged with “branch”.

Language spoken: Igala and Igbo are the major languages of Anambra state

Please and please Igala is not a language in anambra state, let alone been a major language.

There is nothing like Igala language in anambra state pls.

Funny you,the op is ignorant no Igbo village in the whole of akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Ogbaruoigwe1(m): 7:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
For the records, kebbi don't speak, kamberi and dokawa, less I forget you didnt mention klela @ zuru language in kebbi state
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

There are ZERO igbo tribe in Akwa Ibom and cross River, when i say Zero i mean zero, tag me to any thread you find please, mention me... Akwa Ibom has majorly Ibibio, annang and Oron... There is a side that is close to abia that has some semblance bilut there is no single tribe that speaks igbo in akwa-cross
Its so irritating when someone keeps spreading false news always, I concur to your post

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Correcton(m): 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
You try thanks,
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
omenka:
Even in your link (even though it's a source you people ALWAYS CONDEMN AS LAGOS IBADAN EXPRESS MEDIA), here is what was written:

They belong to Ebonyi and NOT Benue.

Stop forcing yourselves on Benue state!! angry
Did u read the articles or u just decided to rush n quote

[/b]In Nweke’s words: “The Igbos in Benue State particularly those in Ado, Oju, Obi and Okpoku LGAs of the state were in existence before the advent of Christian religion in Nigeria.

The Igbo found in Benue are: Umuezeokoha, Umuezeoka, Oriuzor, Umuoghara, Amaekka and Amaezekwe all in Ezza communities, Izzi, Ezzamgbo and Effium, these are the people who would have been in present-day Ebonyi State but due for the fact that the Nigerian government then carved us into Benue in[b]

Did u read this part

Shabi u said u know the area like ur hand oya talk

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

Hold it.

Is like you a small pikin.

Even Ibibio is been spoke in Abia state.

Try and move around.

9 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by actrinity(m): 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
You’re a liar we are not speak Igbo or bearing Igbo name.
say 4 urself bro. I hv a friend frm edo, igbo part. Infact, his nickname is akiri, cos he s from igboakiri/igbanke. And he s proud of his igbo origin and identity. His father even said that dey re prayin to be included in the proposed anioma state, in order 2 join their fellow igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by amazon14: 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
obiekunie2:

why are you even wasting your time with all these narratives - as if u dont know its a calculated plan to make the igbo language a minority language.

you should av noticed how he added igala to anambra state and even put it first as if they are the dominant language.

aside from that, you should av noticed how he did his very best to exclude igbo language from the entire south-south.

ndi uchu!

Nna a, ife nka gwuru m'ike.

I have never seen a useless write up in my life.

Where did op got his materials from?
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by DarkJeddi(m): 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:

There is nothing like Igala in anambra state pls.

Your brother served there and u visited and automatically u hearing Igala..

pls stop spreading lies.

Nothing like Igala in anambra state.
You are not from Anambra and you certainly don't know what you're saying..

There are Natve Igala people in Anambra..

8 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by wherewere2wear(f): 7:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
As we all know there is no perfect paper, even a Prof makes mistake in his write up is left for us the readers to give a healthy criticism.
Now to OP you forgot to include Nembe language in Bayelsa state, although d language is not a major language in the state but is been spoken by many. And for the record Bayelsa state does not have igbo speaking tribe but the Epie people in the early days inter marry with Imo state. but still the Epie people have their own language they dont speak igbo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by LegendHero(m): 7:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Another insecure person with roots from Togo and Benin republic has arrived.

lolzzzzzzzzzz.

They are many here. Infact as am typing am sitting with one beside me.

You can move Abia state off from bordering Akwaibom and carve ogun state in...so you can have peace of mind.

The Yorubas will NEVER claim any one’s land except if it’s our territory, you guys have been about claiming the land of the ND guys as yours. You’re the one that are being insecure with the trait of the Fulani.

You always want to dominate everywhere even when the indigenous guys say otherwise.

Can you see what the Niger Delta guy wrote below: Disprove his claim and stop trying to grab other people’s identity.
Lastorator:

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Psalm2423(m): 7:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
PeaceNexus:
Thats a great job. Igbanke people in Edo state speak Igbo. They answer Igbo names too

It’s actually Ika, not Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Sarah20A(f): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
PeaceNexus:
Thats a great job. Igbanke people in Edo state speak Igbo. They answer Igbo names too
igbanke people don't speak igbo please say what you know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by DarkJeddi(m): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ufedolove:

This just shows that you don't even know your state enough. The part of Anambra state bordering Kogi State have people that speak Igala as their main language just like Enugu state.
He's not from Anambra and certainly doesn't know what he's saying..
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by omenka(m): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
NORSYK:

Umuezeokoha,
Apa Ogbozu, Umuezeoka, Oriuzor, Umuoghara, Amaekka, Amaezekwe

The above mentioned communities are all in Benue state
You are a bloody LIAR!! No such places exist in Apa!

Shame on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by jrusky(m): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
Anambra igala Pls I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Mrhonesty: 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
There are Yoruba towns in Edo state. You scored above average.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

everything the author wrote is full of fault. the moderators should even take this misleading article down

Everything? I don't believe that. At least I know many things in it that are correct.

So this your assertion is problematic.

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by somehow: 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
You're not making sense, you claimed he bears Ifeanyi, so he must be igbo. I then ask if you bear Bruce, does that make you an English man?

Hope this is self-explanatory?

NORSYK:

Yes of course, I am from Igbo imagine me bearing idemudia as my Igbo native name.... Would that make sense to you?

6 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
Faybaby:
which part of Enugu speaks idoma and igala?.this is my first time of hearing it.
But your likes were shouting n claiming that there are Igbo's in benue ,akwa ibom ,and cross river

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife / Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.