Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,448 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. (16336 Views)

No Igbo Man Can Win Presidency In 2023: Orji Kalu Writes Off Peter Obi / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest / Ayo Adebanjo: No Igbo President, No Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
omenka:
Chairman of MY LOCAL GOVERNMENT IS AN IGBO MAN!!!?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Igbos Indiginous to Oju!!??

Jeez.

And what the hell is OGUCHE?? You make such outlandish claims yet even the name you guys cant spell correctly! Why are you people like this? sad

This is the hight of it!!! Madness on steroids!! I give up.

God forbid!

We expect a slowpoke to react in this manner to facts grin
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
emae009:
there are no indigenous Igbo whether fringe or pinch in Akwa Ibom. Akwa Ibom has many languages and Igbo is not one of them... the language map or whatever that shenanigan is, is obviously a big lie.. the two major languages in Akwa Ibom are ibibio and annang yet on your "map" almost all L.G.A is ibibio??... please stop dragging Akwa Ibom to Igbo. we're independent on our own. thank you

There are indigenous igbos in Ukanafun licka govt area
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
Eteka1:
Abi has many border communities (share boundaries) with Igbo communities in Ebonyi State. That some of them may intermarry or even settle doesn't mean there are indigenous Igbo's from Abi.

U are confused n ignorant
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2020
Eteka1:
fake map. Akwa Ibom has Ibibio, Annang, Eket and Oron.

Akwaibom has indigenous IGBOS in Ukanafun
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2020
Eteka1:
Abi has many border communities (share boundaries) with Igbo communities in Ebonyi State. That some of them may intermarry or even settle doesn't mean there are indigenous Igbo's from Abi.

Former governor of Cross rivers state called liyel imoke is an igbo man
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
Eteka1:
Tell me that place in Cross River that Ezza people live. This same Cross River that I know inside out? We share boundaries o! That's all. That Abomeghe shares boundary with Ekureku in Abi.

U dont know anything.

Research on Isobo pple in cross river state, they are igbos. Join their facebook page too and see for urself that they are igbos.

Eteka1, stop spreading ur ignorance everywhere
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
Lastorator:

Hahahaha.. Who drew this map ? From the map the only language in Akwa ibom is ibibio, ekoi and igbo..

No oron, no annang, no ekid, no itu mbuso... Etc.
No wahala... U guys are right, continue with ypur self delusion

All u listed are just different dialects of Ibibio langauge.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
Haywhysat:
the difference between igbos and yorubas is, you will never see a yoruba man forcing himself on republic of Benin or Togo where there are sizeable number of yorubas... Have you seen kunle Afolayan, or Femi Adebayo or even CDQ claiming they aren't yorubas?? Buh here we are, seeing SS people telling you guys to stop forcing unnecessary attache attache...

Afonja keep quiet. Yorubas claim the yorubas on Kogi state
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
selemempe:
I don't know about Igbos in Akwa Ibom state. But I am 100% sure of Igbos in cross river

There are igbos in Ukanafun local govt area.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Dovegrey: 6:47pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ok
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Afamed: 9:13pm On Dec 27, 2020
Logan23:

He who pays for the land, owns the land
Lazy youth. Every land belongs to state govt. You are just on hire purchase .
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 27, 2020
Afamed:

Lazy youth. Every land belongs to state govt. You are just on hire purchase .

grin grin.

Normal Afonja idiocy.

All lands belongs to the person who pays for it. The govt cant revoke all the lands in Lagos, its impossible wink wink....They cant pay everyone the damages involved...be wise.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
Logan23:

grin grin.

Normal Afonja idiocy.

All lands belongs to the person who pays for it. The govt cant revoke all the lands in Lagos, its impossible wink wink....They cant pay everyone the damages involved...be wise.
In this same Nigeria, Government can take over your land, and won't pay a dime, if they want to pass a message across to a set of people.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Afamed: 9:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
Logan23:

grin grin.

Normal Afonja idiocy.

I don't argue with lazy youth. Simple goggle lagos land act use. You will see all necessary information. When Govt comes for you, you will provide them, the receipt the Govt official issued you
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 27, 2020
Afamed:

I don't argue with lazy youth. Simple goggle lagos land act use. You will see all necessary information. When Govt comes for you, you will provide them, the receipt the Govt official issued you

Lagos govt cant walk up to any individual and take away their land without compensating them......Dont be an illiterate
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
BabaOwen:
In this same Nigeria, Government can take over your land, and won't pay a dime, if they want to pass a message across to a set of people.

Fake news. It is impossible.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Dedetwo(m): 11:08pm On Dec 27, 2020
Lastorator:
Pubic service announcement.
Unbehalf of the Akwa-Cross people..
I want to make clarification here...
I read in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5447274/languages-spoken-each-36-states that the main language in Akwa ibom is Ibibio, annang and Igbo...
I am not at odd with any tribe, but truth is if you dont set the record straight, folks will play the crooked record and fight to the death that it is straight.

Akwa ibom has 3 language, Ibibio, Annang and Oron... Okobo, Ekid, Ika, andoni etc are all dialects that mix these languages up. But there is no single trib in Akwa ibom dat speaks Igbo. But there are igbo speakers in all paet of Akwa Ibom as the migrate to do business ... But there are no indigenous tribes in Akwa ibom that Igbo is their language and there are no indigenous tribes in igbo land, that speak Ibibio.

We are at most very good neighbours... But we are brothers with Efik people of Cross Rivers, as we both understand each others language.

No one should try to twist the narrative... Dont make it seem as we are fighting each other, but don't also try to encroach and take over our space, we live and repect you guys and the difference in ourculture and tradition... We also hope for you guys to love and respect us for our differences and not try to use the social media to change the facts as they are.

Mmi ndo Atta atta ayen akwa abasi ibom, but nkor nvak usughu usung Oro, ntiene ndionghor ndi sem efik... I Used 3 languages here (Ibibio, Oron, and Efik) i am not good in annang but i understand it.. And any true akwa Ibomite will give credence to this... I hope on our Cross River brothers to come out and draw the line... So that tomorrow our boundaries will not be erased and redrawn to suit the drawing party.

You are too infantile to know everything about Akwa Ibom State. Oron is an ethnic group to a jackass.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Afamed: 11:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
Logan23:

Lagos govt cant walk up to any individual and take away their land without compensating them......Dont be an illiterate
I barely engage half-baked.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Ray07(m): 8:42am On Dec 28, 2020
wiseone28:
No igbo in Akwa ibom stop peddling lies to boast your ego

Ino eyin uneghe
grin
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by wiseone28: 9:33am On Dec 28, 2020
Ray07:
grin
Why u quote me come shine teeth for last year thread?
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Ray07(m): 10:35am On Dec 28, 2020
wiseone28:
Why u quote me come shine teeth for last year thread?
your last words make me laff cheesy
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by hitmanogo: 3:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
https://thesouthernexaminer.com/akwa-iboms-indigenous-igbo-p1668-197.htm#:~:text=Though%20the%20Akwa%20Ibom%20State,an%20Igbo%20sub%2Dethnic%20group.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Ikpeabujo(m): 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
Lastorator:

True, its the story with most border communitiez, intermarying and commerce in border towns always lead to that..
My best friends are igbo, in uni and during service we love and respect each other... But that doesn't mean i will avoid and opportunity of setting the record straight just so i can appease them.. The best time to have told the herdsmen that the whole nigeria is not theirs and theirs to conquer and do as they please was years back... But the next best time is now.
shut up and take your hatred for the igbos to the grave
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Ikpeabujo(m): 5:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
Lastorator:

You people keep saying google map.. Is it google that will know better than the people that are from there ?
Why are you guys like these ? Close to 5 akwa ibomites are on the thread saying that we are not igbos, and igbos are telling us to check google map to know that we are igbos... I give up on you people
what I understand is that everyone is afraid of the igbos
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by EastisBae: 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
hitmanogo:
https://thesouthernexaminer.com/akwa-iboms-indigenous-igbo-p1668-197.htm#:~:text=Though%20the%20Akwa%20Ibom%20State,an%20Igbo%20sub%2Dethnic%20group.

Wow, such an intriguing piece to read! I just like the fact that the indigenous people of those areas including Igbos and Ibibios etc. are living in peace and harmony. When a tribe is outnumbered in a democratic setting, they tend to suffer marginalization like the Ohaobu are experiencing but it's equally nice to note that other Ukanafun indigenes are doing all they can to give them a sense of belonging.

When ignorant idiats from other regions will be in their mud houses and be saying rubbish, I will just feel sorry for them. All the Akwa Ibom leaders interviewed claimed they have no issues with Abia State because they're good neighbors. Even some native Ibibio people identify with Abia State as their state of origin!!
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by EastisBae: 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2022
There are lots of Igbos indigenous to Cross River State as well. They're known as Isobo Igbos and they occupy Abi and Biase local government areas. In fact, the current chairman of Biase local government is an Igbo woman and her name is Ada Egwu.

But hateful bastards from other regions will want to kill themselves over facts anyone can easily verify.

When we say SE and SS they state saying attachee by force yet there are indigenous Igbos in all the SS states bar non!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Massive Gboko Reception: Benue Is Atiku 100% - Dr. Oche Otorkpa / Sanwo-Olu Didn't Bring Back VIO So As To Generate Revenues For Lagos – Fashola / Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.