Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. (16388 Views)

No Igbo Man Can Win Presidency In 2023: Orji Kalu Writes Off Peter Obi / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest / Ayo Adebanjo: No Igbo President, No Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
GodIsBiafran:

So are you admitting that you are a Fulani? Just because you speak the language does NOT (I repeat DOES NOT) make you Ibibio.

I no talk am ?
You are soo dumbb...
You cant even show that you have a lil sense by being creative and finding another thing to hang to.. I trew a carrot at you and you just jumped at it as the dogg you are.. You are not worth my replyin.. Your iq no carry.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by justtoodark: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
GodIsBiafran:

For a moment, I thought maybe you have at least a little sense...now I see you are off the reservation.

ehen....make my evening....

now you have my full attention....

enjoy....!!
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by wiseone28: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
NtoAkwaIbom:

Mkpo ase ba oo..
They cant ever get akwa ibomm in their biafra... Me i dont speak for any other state than my akwa ibom.. And i tell you, an average Ibibio man is more weary of an igbo man than any other tribe... The tribe that we fear more than them are just the fulani people... But apart from that...we no trus dem small, even in uyo here
The igbo owner of Inels shop at oron road was treating akwa ibom people as shit.. There was so much uproar about it on the social media in the state abd the state house of assembly had to wade in... Is it this people that you want us to form a country with ?

Abasi akan mbufo do oo.. Nto mkpo ado itipeke ke nsi nsii
If it was about sharing money you will see them coming with evidence that there's no igbo in Akwa ibom.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
GodIsBiafran:

See your lies and propaganda. You are a liar! The average Ibibio we know are die-hard Biafran proponent. You have expose yourself as a bonafide Yoruba Muslim. I feel shame for you. Tufiakwa!

Hahahaha...
Mbufo ikitte mmkpo nte kiet kangha...
Just calm down, it will be you people like film

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Cletus77(m): 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
NtoAkwaIbom:

I no talk am ?
You are soo dumbb...
You cant even show that you have a lil sense by being creative and finding another thing to hang to.. I trew a carrot at you and you just jumped at it as the dogg you are.. You are not worth my replyin.. Your iq no carry.
Sangha nto uneghe mi jak.
Check my new topic ..I did a great job cool
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
GodIsBiafran:

See your lies and propaganda. You are a liar! The average Ibibio we know are die-hard Biafran proponent. You have expose yourself as a bonafide Yoruba Muslim. I feel shame for you. Tufiakwa!
You sound confused
Biafra joke joke joke
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by nlPoster: 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2019
0KNM:
Jaks are you talking about Jude? Your old moniker also starts with J. So?

I'm not Jaks, whoever that is.

Provide links to the moniker and you people should stop with the lies, I don't know who your lies are for, but it should not concern or involve me, note to whoever they are targeting oh!

Perhaps they want you to see them referring to me as Jaks, no I am not Jaks.

Remember these people have advanced degrees in lying and scamming, do not blame me if you fall into their trap because I've warned you.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
nairalandposter:

I'm not Jaks, whoever that is.

Provide links to the moniker and you people should stop with the lies, I don't know who your lies are for, but it should not concern or involve me, note to whoever they are targeting oh!

Perhaps they want you to see them referring to me as Jaks, no I am not Jaks.

Remember these people have advanced degrees in lying and scamming, do not blame me if you fall into their trap because I've warned you.
k
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by LegendHero(m): 1:34am On Oct 03, 2019
GodIsBiafran:

Another moniker of HeroLegend the YorubaMuslim, You have re-activated your AkwaIbom moniker specifically to spread propaganda, well done sir.

I’m just seeing this. It seems something is wrong with the reasoning of the average Igbo guys on Nairaland. When you are cornered, you go about lieing shamelessly about other people now you’re dragging the Yoruba into this so as to derail the topic.

The Akwa Ibom guys were busy defending their heritage even with them typing in their native language and yet you’re tryna say they are masking under a SS name.

When will you Igbos stop all this inferiority complex, why do you have to claim other people heritage as yours? What is the benefit in lying you control certain percentage in Akwa-Ibom, when in actual fact it’s wrong. What’s your benefit?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Ikinternational: 4:11am On Oct 03, 2019
omenka:
You people should stop plastering this trash everywhere trying to make it stick. IT WILL NEVER STICK.

Imagine after the false claims, you guys have now started extrapolating to claim they produced q ward counciller!! Imagine the shameless lies.

What is the name of the councillor? Honourable Nobody? sad

Why cant you lot present even a leaflet of evidence, say, a historical document, that back up your claims, rather than some fictitious newspaper publication which, by the way doesnt even support your claims?

You lot should be ashamed of yourselves!!

You arent from Benue. Stop forcing yourselves on Benue.

This guy is truly one supreme loud mouth. Only important to yourself

All this damn noise! Over what? How much does land even go for in benue?

A friend bought land in Nnewi VILLAGE 7 mil 5yrs ago! Benue is not ready for Prime Real Estate considerations. So calm down
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by revolt(m): 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2019
justtoodark:

haha....
shuuuhhh na typo ooooooooookk... I meant people.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by OMANBALA1: 6:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
NtoAkwaIbom:

Can you imagine ? The hegoattt is already claiming land already ?
I just wish that buhari will just grant them that their biafra.. So they will abandon our plaza for us...
They can be sooo iritating...
I was in a minibus going to Akpan andem when one guy was describing xenophobia, and the akwa ibom guy there was telling the driver that it was caused by the igbo people land grabing, where they go to a place and try to muscle the indigene there... That they deserved what the got...

Ohh mehnn, me like this, i no fit just talk.. The guy was using plaza as an instance, saying how they come with drug money and make your landlord to sack you by paying double rent.. The hate wey dat guy get ehnn, i jus reason say if im get im way, say the guy go loot plenty igbo guys..

I may not support xenophobia in any form, but igbos neef to learn to respect their host, else it breeds unwanted hate.

Incomprehensible trash written by a fellow blinded by hate. You have a seated prejudged idea of the Igbo. I will advice you to deal with every one you meet as an individual. Growing up I heard many unpleasant things about your people but as I got older I had to unlearn that and treat them as individuals. You hate deep hate in you but guess what you will die with it and life continues...you cant define over 40 million people with the behavior of few. Prove to me you are not ddumb

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by hitmanogo: 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by hitmanogo: 3:13pm On Oct 10, 2019
The Justice Mamman Nasir boundary adjustment commission of 1976 balkanized the Ndokis. The commission divided our clan between three different states, Abia State, Akwa Ibom State and Rivers State. Ndoki people occupy all of the present day Ukwa East Local Government Area of Abia State, seventeen of the twenty villages of Oyibo Local Government Area of Rivers State and three villages in Ukanafun Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by jneutron4000: 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2019
SLAP44:

Even bought up Abuja. (Make e pain you)

Continue crying from thread to thread while the children of God are on the move everywhere.
of cos Igbos are the ones buying land everywhere in Nigeria, when the landmass of all south east region is almost the same size as Oyo grin. Any Yoruba man that buys land property in Abuja or outside Yoruba land without owning any one in Yorubaland must be an idiot. angry

1 Like

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by martjay(m): 10:35pm On Apr 24, 2020
Why don't you Google first to serve as an evidence. The name of the King or eze as you called it, name of the village and the local government. It's really funny.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by martjay(m): 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Funny response from the land grabbers.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by martjay(m): 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
Yujin:
There's an indigenous Igbo communities in Akwa Ibom state. I've read about that on the newspapers not quite long ago. The title of their traditional ruler is 'Eze' and his name was Igbo. I'll google it again.

Why don't you Google first to serve as an evidence. The name of the King or eze as you called it, name of the village and the local government. It's really funny.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by martjay(m): 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
Osagyefo98:

This small leave my mention and go back to school.

All you doing shows more reason that you either a jambites or secondary school drop out..

I listed research modalities to follow, u didn't see that but keep running about here.

Your actions goes with your age , I understand.

You claimed to read wide on the subject, but you cannot post the link or materials here for people to see. Where are your proofs?

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by martjay(m): 11:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
ConqueredWest:

Illiteracy

All boundaries of different ethnic groups do have cross border indigenous people.

Stop displaying your ignorance on Naira land

Could only be so if they were together before. Example Akwa Ibom was separated from Cross River State. There's no history that stated Abia and Akwa Ibom were one State.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by martjay(m): 11:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
ConqueredWest:

This is the dullest post on this thread.

Is like saying because there are no Hausa Christians in Sokoto government then no Hausa Christian exist.

Most times, ethnic minorities are not acknowledged by uncivilized & barbarian ethnic majorities

So, what are your proofs that they exist. Can you name one village or local government in Akwa Ibom state headed by an Igbo man?

1 Like

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 27, 2020
Lastorator:
Pubic service announcement.
Unbehalf of the Akwa-Cross people..
I want to make clarification here...
I read in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5447274/languages-spoken-each-36-states that the main language in Akwa ibom is Ibibio, annang and Igbo...
I am not at odd with any tribe, but truth is if you dont set the record straight, folks will play the crooked record and fight to the death that it is straight.

Akwa ibom has 3 language, Ibibio, Annang and Oron... Okobo, Ekid, Ika, andoni etc are all dialects that mix these languages up. But there is no single trib in Akwa ibom dat speaks Igbo. But there are igbo speakers in all paet of Akwa Ibom as the migrate to do business ... But there are no indigenous tribes in Akwa ibom that Igbo is their language and there are no indigenous tribes in igbo land, that speak Ibibio.

We are at most very good neighbours... But we are brothers with Efik people of Cross Rivers, as we both understand each others language.

No one should try to twist the narrative... Dont make it seem as we are fighting each other, but don't also try to encroach and take over our space, we live and repect you guys and the difference in ourculture and tradition... We also hope for you guys to love and respect us for our differences and not try to use the social media to change the facts as they are.

Mmi ndo Atta atta ayen akwa abasi ibom, but nkor nvak usughu usung Oro, ntiene ndionghor ndi sem efik... I Used 3 languages here (Ibibio, Oron, and Efik) i am not good in annang but i understand it.. And any true akwa Ibomite will give credence to this... I hope on our Cross River brothers to come out and draw the line... So that tomorrow our boundaries will not be erased and redrawn to suit the drawing party.

There are indigenous igbos in Ukanafun local government area of Akwaibom state. They are found in Ohaobu village.

Dont spread ur ignorance more.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
LegendHero:

Hahahahaha lol. So you’re this tiny in Akwa Ibom and most of you have been on Nairaland shouting Igbo are part of the language even trying to misinform people outside SS and SE by claiming you have a sizable population.

Your problem is that you don’t know what is called indigenous or people that migrated. What you’ve been doing is akin to what the Fulanis are doing, they migrate to a place and with time rename the area as tho they are indigenous.

@OP, if you guys don’t start setting the record right, these guys will be claiming your land as theirs and that might stick in the future. I’m not trying to bring any animosity between the SS & SE coz you guys are interwoven but at least truth needs to prevail where people are mixing things up.

Land grabbing gone bad!

Stop spreading ur ignorance.

There are indigenous igbo villages in Akwaibom.....In U Ukanafun local govt area.....Ohaobu is the name of that big community.

Be quiet pls.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2020
omenka:
Neither are there in Benue state.

Folks should stop spreading lies on the internet.

Keep quiet sir.

There are indigenous igbos in benue state.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2020
LegendHero:

What about the Igala in Anambra? I learnt there are Igala in Anambra and judging from history, they took you as slaves and lord over you for ages.

Am I wrong?

There is an article on researchgate about how the Igala colonized the Northerners Igbos.

They committed lot of atrocities against you guys you know, so sad that happened!

Fake news
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 27, 2020
Afamed:
Land grabber at it again. From Israel, to Egypt now presently in Akwa Ibom

There are indigenous igbo villages in Akwaibom state...in Ukanafun local govt area
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2020
Afamed:

Na so now, typical land grabber. When the time comes, you will definitely know you are on borrowed land in Abj

He who pays for the land, owns the land
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
dokyOloye:

Igbos dey Abi local govt well well too.
Gov Imoke sef,dem de suspect he get Igbo ancestry.

Imoke na igbo man
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2020
omenka:
You people should stop plastering this trash everywhere trying to make it stick. IT WILL NEVER STICK.

Imagine after the false claims, you guys have now started extrapolating to claim they produced q ward counciller!! Imagine the shameless lies.

What is the name of the councillor? Honourable Nobody? sad

Why cant you lot present even a leaflet of evidence, say, a historical document, that back up your claims, rather than some fictitious newspaper publication which, by the way doesnt even support your claims?

You lot should be ashamed of yourselves!!

You arent from Benue. Stop forcing yourselves on Benue.

U will have high blood pressure because of the indigenous igbos in benue state
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
effty:
Have you ever been to Akwa-Ibom state? There is no Igbo speaking community there oh.

Ohaobu are igbos, indigenous to Ukanafun local govt area of Akwaibom state
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by ggood: 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
this Is a nice thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack INEC Office in Enugu South LGA, Kill police officer / Army Renames Python Dance To Atilogwu Udo / How NHIS Squandered Over N6.8 Billion On Illegal Allowances – Audit Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.