Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,780 members, 7,955,982 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:24 PM

The Paranoia Of Christianity - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Paranoia Of Christianity (5137 Views)

Desperation, foolishness and paranoia of the Hypocrites (vs the Humble) / The Traitors Of Christianity / Harmful Effect Of Christianity To Our Beloved Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by tintingz(m): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The King of kings and Lord of lords. smiley

You haven't answer my question?

Who's this lords of lords?
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2019
budaatum:

I think I got it! Or rather, Eureka!

2 Kings + 2 Lords = 4 = God

We shall call it the 'OLAADEGBU Theory of God'.

Always figured the Trinity would one day become a Quaternity.

You are guilty of creating another god which the Bible calls idolatry. cool

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2019
tintingz:

You haven't answer my question?

Who's this lords of lords?

"Which is the right God?"

There is only one Creator—that's the One who gave Moses the Ten Commandments, the One who provided the only Saviour--the One who can save you from a very real Hell.

Jesus said, "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself" (John 7:17). Do the will of God—repent and trust in Jesus, and you will know the truth.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 29 April 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by budaatum: 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

You are guilty of creating another god which the Bible calls idolatry. cool
Was it not you who said:

OLAADEGBU:

2 + 2 = God.

Maybe next time, engage brain before mouth!
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by tintingz(m): 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"Which is the right God?"

There is only one Creator—that's the One who gave Moses the Ten Commandments, the One who provided the only Saviour--the One who can save you from a very real Hell.

Jesus said, "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself" (John 7:17). Do the will of God—repent and trust in Jesus, and you will know the truth.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 29 April 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

I assume you're talking about the Jewish deity.

So how did you know the Jewish God is right God?
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2019
tintingz:

I assume you're talking about the Jewish deity.

So how did you know the Jewish God is right God?

Obey and find out. cool

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
budaatum:

Was it not you who said:

Maybe next time, engage brain before mouth!

Repent of the sin of idolatry before its too late.

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by budaatum: 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Repent of the sin of idolatry before its too late.
Repent of the sin of ignorance before its too late.

God does not like people lacking knowledge. That's why he sent Jesus to educate you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2019
budaatum:

Repent of the sin of ignorance before its too late.

God does not like people lacking knowledge. That's why he sent Jesus to educate you.

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that Man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead" (Acts 17:30-31).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by budaatum: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
Title of thread is The Paranoia Of Christianity. Pity you prove them right.

OLAADEGBU:

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that Man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead" (Acts 17:30-31).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2019
johnydon22:
Have you heard of the anti-christ?

It was George Bush. No. Obama.

Or is it Trump?

Uuuhm, It was Pope John Paul, naaah, Benedict fits much better. Hey, what about Francis? Eheeeh, you got it.

The life of an average Nigerian Christian is one filled with perpetual fear and suspicion.

1. Fear of marine kingdom
2. Fear of ogboni, ekanka and amok
3. Fear of Witches and wizards
4. Native doctors and traditionalist
5. Demons and vampires that walk the night
6. Evil manipulation that tied that lady's wombs
7. What about that uncle that destroyed your destiny spiritually.
8. Oh, your mother inlaw that quite possibly eats your children in the womb
9. What about those charms buried in the village? Ancestral curses? Padlocks without keys lying carelessly about? Or, that sacrifice lying on a crossroad?

A Christian sees a threat everywhere.
A life that constantly finds new fears to adopt that I'm forced to pity such a life.

A Christian believes he or she serves an all powerful God that can do anything, but doesn't hesitate to jump at the slightest sight of even the least convoluted sights.

A hilarious irony that beggers reason

An incessant paranoia utilized by the men of God to keep the people perpetually in their grasp.

If you lose the fear of demons or witches or mamiwater, of what use is that man of God that calls down fire and brimstone?

If your life is not ruled by fear of everything, of what use is that pastor that promises you divine protection once he lays his hands on you?

I have never seen a people so ruled by fear, suspicion and unhealthy paranoia like I have noticed in the lives of Nigerian Christians.
budaatum:

Title of thread is The Paranoia Of Christianity. Pity you prove them right.

It is actually atheists that are paranoid. Check today's news and see how paranoid atheists are now causing what they term as "extinction rebellion" making a nuisance of themselves everywhere.

London faces another two weeks of disruption by Extinction Rebellion
Richard Hartley-Parkinson Monday 7 Oct 2019 7:05 am

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/07/london-travel-chaos-for-two-weeks-as-extinction-rebellion-plan-more-protests-10873337/

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by johnydon22(m): 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

It is actually atheists that are paranoid. Check today's news and see how paranoid atheists are now causing what they term as "extinction rebellion" making a nuisance of themselves everywhere.

London faces another two weeks of disruption by Extinction Rebellion
Richard Hartley-Parkinson Monday 7 Oct 2019 7:05 am

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/07/london-travel-chaos-for-two-weeks-as-extinction-rebellion-plan-more-protests-10873337/

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
johnydon22:

Yes. That is the paranoia of atheism. They are paranoid that climate change is about to cause extinction of the human race. cheesy
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by budaatum: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
johnydon22:

What? You want to claim all those climate change protesters are not atheists? Do you not see atheist painted on their foreheads?

Go on Deg. Point them out to us so we too can see that only atheists care about planet earth.

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2019
budaatum:

What? You want to claim all those climate change protesters are not atheists? Do you not see atheist painted on their foreheads?

Go on Deg. Point them out to us so we too can see that only atheists care about planet earth.

Care about your soul before caring about the planet earth.

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by budaatum: 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Care about your soul before caring about the planet earth.
"Love your neighbour and your enemies even more", said the Lord, and not, "be selfish and save yourself".
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2019
budaatum:

"Love your neighbour and your enemies even more", said the Lord, and not, "be selfish and save yourself".

The earth is not your mother neither are the monkeys your neighbours. tongue

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by budaatum: 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The earth is not your mother neither are the monkeys your neighbours. tongue
The fact that they are God's creations is good enough for me.
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2019
budaatum:

The fact that they are God's creations is good enough for me.

As long as you don't tell me that the monkey is your ancestor and that we should be thankful to mother earth.

2 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by budaatum: 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

As long as you don't tell me that the monkey is your ancestor and that we should be thankful to mother earth.
That is your line. Monkeys don't go to school.
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32pm On Oct 07, 2019
budaatum:

That is your line. Monkeys don't go to school.

You think so? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:11pm On Oct 07, 2019
solite3:
It has been bless God. Ok I pray for success in all your endeavors in Jesus name

Amen my brother

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by Image123(m): 11:51pm On Oct 07, 2019
johnydon22:

Is that a question for me?

Are all CHRISTIANS true CHRISTIANS?

Lol. Read that question again and again.

i think you should read the Scriptures again and again, not my question. Nothing lolful about it except as usual, you fail to think/reason. Let me break it down for you like you are 4 year old.

Are all doctors true doctors?
Are all prophets true prophets?
Are all accounts true accounts?
Are all medicine true/genuine medicine?
Are all accents true accents?
Are all body parts true body parts?
Are all statements true statements?

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by Image123(m): 12:00am On Oct 08, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Tell me something I dont already know sir

i want to die and go to heaven, but i don't want to kill myself. You don't know that do you? cheesy

Dont judge if you havent put foot in the person's shoe and walked a mile in it.

Image123, "feel like dying" is the stuff, temporary madness, gone too far, is made of.

i die daily, iyen nko wink

You sidestepped my asking about what is to make of Samson's carried out suicidal thought and granted prayer?
Was Samson foolish? Did Samson end his life cheaply?

This is an unfair thing to say. i answered you clearly by referring to Paul who was a christian. Samson was not a christian, neither did he have the great opportunities that we have. He was a Nazarite, yes. Maybe in practice of Judaism, yes. But a christian? Christianity began about 2020 years ago sir.
While i have great respect for Samson, being a judge of Israel and a spectacular hero of faith, doing things yet to be done till date. Yet it will be said that he made a foolish decision. He did not need to die with the philistines. The same God that gave him extraordinary powers could have preserved him.
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by johnydon22(m): 5:55am On Oct 08, 2019
Image123:

i think you should read the Scriptures again and again, not my question. Nothing lolful about it except as usual, you fail to think/reason. Let me break it down for you like you are 4 year old.

Are all doctors true doctors?
Are all prophets true prophets?
Are all accounts true accounts?
Are all medicine true/genuine medicine?
Are all accents true accents?
Are all body parts true body parts?
Are all statements true statements?

Just relax, read these questions slowly, again and again.
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by MuttleyLaff: 7:11am On Oct 08, 2019
Image123:
i want to die and go to heaven, but i don't want to kill myself. You don't know that do you? cheesy
We've already cleared this by earlier with saying that one's life is the property of God and it is a gift. Though, death is a universal truth that can never be defied, still life is to be perpetuated for as long as it possibly can be. You keep alive, stay alive, keep on going, keep in existence, preserve yourself. Life is for enjoying the moment, not hating life. In spite of whatever and whether one likes life or not, you don't, if it can be helped, just like that, destroy it, by killing oneself.

Image123, you said, you want to die and go to heaven, erhn? You do know that after the honeymoon in heaven, everyone is coming back to earth, hmm?

Image123:
i die daily, iyẹn nkọ wink
Whether anyone likes it or not, Image123, by divine law design and/or cosmic plan, we die daily, "iyẹn, ti di, dandan"
Death? Smh. Is it the apoptosis or necrosis one. Or the myriads of other deaths, like for example, spiritual death, physical death or even "la petite mort" thats french, meaning, the very enjoyable orgasmic, little death.

Image123, on a serious note, "feel like dying" really, is the stuff, temporary madness, gone too far, is made of.

Whenever one nurses "feel like dying" thoughts, this is an extremely foolish way to behave in response to whatever the particular challenging situation is and if dwell on too long or long enough, one might go too far, reach the point of no return, literally, and actually go about commit the suicide

Image123:
This is an unfair thing to say. i answered you clearly by referring to Paul who was a christian. Samson was not a christian, neither did he have the great opportunities that we have. He was a Nazarite, yes. Maybe in practice of Judaism, yes. But a christian?
What has being a christian got to do here and particularly to do with the questions: Was Samson foolish? Did Samson end his life cheaply?

Image123:
Christianity began about 2020 years ago sir.
While i have great respect for Samson, being a judge of Israel and a spectacular hero of faith, doing things yet to be done till date
I am not bothered with if Christianity began about 2020 years ago sir or not, my interest is that, Samson fought the good fight, finished the race and kept the faith and so, Samson, "the boy done good" made it into the Hebrews 11 Hall of Fame heroes of faith.

Image123:
Yet it will be said that he made a foolish decision.
The Death of Samson

"23The Philistine kings met together to celebrate and offer a great sacrifice to their god Dagon. They sang, “Our god has given us victory over our enemy Samson!”
24They were enjoying themselves, and so they said, “Call Samson, and let's make him entertain us!” When they brought Samson out of the prison, they made him entertain them and made him stand between the columns.
25When the people saw him, they sang praise to their god: “Our god has given us victory over our enemy, who devastated our land and killed so many of us!”
26Samson said to the boy who was leading him by the hand, “Let me touch the columns that hold up the building. I want to lean on them.”
27The building was crowded with men and women. All five Philistine kings were there, and there were about three thousand men and women on the roof, watching Samson entertain them.
28Then Samson prayed, “Sovereign Lord, please remember me; please, God, give me my strength just this one time more, so that with this one blow I can get even with the Philistines for putting out my two eyes.”
29So Samson took hold of the two middle columns holding up the building. Putting one hand on each column, he pushed against them
30and shouted, “Let me die with the Philistines! He pushed with all his might, and the building fell down on the five kings and everyone else. Samson killed more people at his death than he had killed during his life
"
- Judges 16:28

Image123, it is interesting to read you say: "Yes, it will be said that he made a foolish decision." when God, that Samson conversed his intent to, that he prayed to about his plan of vengeance to be successful and he die, did not disregard his wish, but actually, without questioning or objecting to the foolish decision, granted his wish.

Image123, my point in this our healthy and meaningful discourse, is that, considering the situation Samson was in, the overall circumstances and full facts of the matter, maybe foolish decisions, like Samson's et al, are permissible and/or tolerated by God. Temper justice with mercy things sir?.

Image123:
He did not need to die with the Philistines. The same God that gave him extraordinary powers could have preserved him.
Yeah right. You can talk like this, if you had put on Samson's shoes, if you had put your foot in Samson's shoe and walked a mile in it.
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by frank317: 7:42am On Oct 08, 2019
johnydon22:
Have you heard of the anti-christ?

It was George Bush. No. Obama.

Or is it Trump?

Uuuhm, It was Pope John Paul, naaah, Benedict fits much better. Hey, what about Francis? Eheeeh, you got it.

The life of an average Nigerian Christian is one filled with perpetual fear and suspicion.

1. Fear of marine kingdom
2. Fear of ogboni, ekanka and amok
3. Fear of Witches and wizards
4. Native doctors and traditionalist
5. Demons and vampires that walk the night
6. Evil manipulation that tied that lady's wombs
7. What about that uncle that destroyed your destiny spiritually.
8. Oh, your mother inlaw that quite possibly eats your children in the womb
9. What about those charms buried in the village? Ancestral curses? Padlocks without keys lying carelessly about? Or, that sacrifice lying on a crossroad?

A Christian sees a threat everywhere.
A life that constantly finds new fears to adopt that I'm forced to pity such a life.

A Christian believes he or she serves an all powerful God that can do anything, but doesn't hesitate to jump at the slightest sight of even the least convoluted sights.

A hilarious irony that beggers reason

An incessant paranoia utilized by the men of God to keep the people perpetually in their grasp.

If you lose the fear of demons or witches or mamiwater, of what use is that man of God that calls down fire and brimstone?

If your life is not ruled by fear of everything, of what use is that pastor that promises you divine protection once he lays his hands on you?

I have never seen a people so ruled by fear, suspicion and unhealthy paranoia like I have noticed in the lives of Nigerian Christians.

They fear everything... The devil and his fleets of demons, they fear cats, bats, owl, crying children, atheists, Muslims and even the so called God they worship.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by MuttleyLaff: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2019
frank317:
They fear everything... The devil and his fleets of demons, they fear cats, bats, owl, crying children, atheists, Muslims and even the so called God they worship.
Let those who fear any such speak for themselves
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by johnydon22(m): 9:15am On Oct 08, 2019
frank317:

Pity
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by MuttleyLaff: 9:33am On Oct 08, 2019
johnydon22:
Pity

MuttleyLaff:
Let those who fear any such speak for themselves
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by Image123(m): 11:07am On Oct 08, 2019
johnydon22:

Just relax, read these questions slowly, again and again.

Good, you understood.

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by Image123(m): 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
We've already cleared this by earlier with saying that one's life is the property of God and it is a gift. Though, death is a universal truth that can never be defied, still life is to be perpetuated for as long as it possibly can be. You keep alive, stay alive, keep on going, keep in existence, preserve yourself. Life is for enjoying the moment, not hating life. In spite of whatever and whether one likes life or not, you don't, if it can be helped, just like that, destroy it, by killing oneself.

Image123, you said, you want to die and go to heaven, erhn? You do know that after the honeymoon in heaven, everyone is coming back to earth, hmm?

All i know is that i want to die and go to heaven, you should too.

Whether anyone likes it or not, Image123, by divine law design and/or cosmic plan, we die daily, "iyẹn, ti di, dandan"
Death? Smh. Is it the apoptosis or necrosis one. Or the myriads of other deaths, like for example, spiritual death, physical death or even "la petite mort" thats french, meaning, the very enjoyable orgasmic, little death.

Image123, on a serious note, "feel like dying" really, is the stuff, temporary madness, gone too far, is made of.

Whenever one nurses "feel like dying" thoughts, this is an extremely foolish way to behave in response to whatever the particular challenging situation is and if dwell on too long or long enough, one might go too far, reach the point of no return, literally, and actually go about commit the suicide

Like i have stated, one can be tempted to die or feel like dying. It is different from going ahead to die or killing one's self. i can feel like robbing a bank, it is a thought i should not carry out but overcome and do something productive instead.

What has being a christian got to do here and particularly to do with the questions: Was Samson foolish? Did Samson end his life cheaply?

You made the statement "Will one be less of a christian if one harboured suicidal thoughts, hmm image123?
Didnt Paul want to die? Didnt he say he's having a desire to depart and be with Christ?
What is to make of Samson's carried out suicidal thought and prayer?
" i understood that as you putting all in the same christian basket. i have since replied all though.

I am not bothered with if Christianity began about 2020 years ago sir or not, my interest is that, Samson fought the good fight, finished the race and kept the faith and so, Samson, "the boy done good" made it into the Hebrews 11 Hall of Fame heroes of faith.

The Death of Samson

"23The Philistine kings met together to celebrate and offer a great sacrifice to their god Dagon. They sang, “Our god has given us victory over our enemy Samson!”
24They were enjoying themselves, and so they said, “Call Samson, and let's make him entertain us!” When they brought Samson out of the prison, they made him entertain them and made him stand between the columns.
25When the people saw him, they sang praise to their god: “Our god has given us victory over our enemy, who devastated our land and killed so many of us!”
26Samson said to the boy who was leading him by the hand, “Let me touch the columns that hold up the building. I want to lean on them.”
27The building was crowded with men and women. All five Philistine kings were there, and there were about three thousand men and women on the roof, watching Samson entertain them.
28Then Samson prayed, “Sovereign Lord, please remember me; please, God, give me my strength just this one time more, so that with this one blow I can get even with the Philistines for putting out my two eyes.”
29So Samson took hold of the two middle columns holding up the building. Putting one hand on each column, he pushed against them
30and shouted, “Let me die with the Philistines! He pushed with all his might, and the building fell down on the five kings and everyone else. Samson killed more people at his death than he had killed during his life
"
- Judges 16:28

Image123, it is interesting to read you say: "Yes, it will be said that he made a foolish decision." when God, that Samson conversed his intent to, that he prayed to about his plan of vengeance to be successful and he die, did not disregard his wish, but actually, without questioning or objecting to the foolish decision, granted his wish.

Image123, my point in this our healthy and meaningful discourse, is that, considering the situation Samson was in, the overall circumstances and full facts of the matter, maybe foolish decisions, like Samson's et al, are permissible and/or tolerated by God. Temper justice with mercy things sir?.

Yeah right. You can talk like this, if you had put on Samson's shoes, if you had put your foot in Samson's shoe and walked a mile in it.

i will restate that i have great regards for Samson, being a judge in Israel and one of the heros of faith. However, he was not perfect. i'm not judging him or condemning him to hell as that is not my job, and considering the time he lived and resources he had. You should know that there is something called the permissive will of God like happened to Balaam, and to the Israelites that sent spies into Canaanland. God does according to your faith in many cases. i have great respect for Samson, Miriam, David, Abraham etc but they did at some point make some foolish mistake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wow! Check This Amazing Calculation About Your Age And Surahs 114. / The Global Great Earthquake (revelation 6:12) Is Coming! Rapture Is Imminent! / Wtchcraft And Dark Manipulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.