Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? (15161 Views)

Anambra Road Commuters Lament Alleged Extortion By Military / Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel / Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by BENTOSYN: 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2019
J111333:
Here is the story. I sent two laptops to a cousin in UniPort through the United States Post Office Priority package and paid about $120 for postage.

Upon arrival of the package, the Nigeria Post Office called her to come pick up the package with N25k and I was like is this a joke or what?
Is this how it is done or is this extortion and what can be done about it?

Custom duties...they now have custom posts at almost every post office in Nigeria.
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by logan2(m): 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

You see? I said" To kastina and Abakaliki" I didn't say "from katsina to Abakaliki"
I posted from Lagos.

Mail is different from a parcel/package. mail and mailing has to do with letter. Parcels/packages are posted, not mailed.

Mails and parcels are posted.

Calm down and read well bro.
which secondary school did you attend, posted a verb is neither American or British English in this context, are you Irish shocked MAILED IS THE RIGHT Word, educate yourself,
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by wabbyland(m): 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
lookingfly:
would be based on how heavy the parcel is but shouldn't be more than #500. The highest I've been charged for a shoe i bought was #300.

the phone is just 32k so I probably will be charged N500 or less, right?
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by lookingfly: 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
wabbyland:

the phone is just 32k so I probably will be charged N500 or less, right?
shouldn't be more than that since it will not be too heavy.
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by Alabamagnate: 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2019
My takes on this matter
1.You need to know that whatever you ship in from other country will be access by custom before passing it to delivery agency
2.Custom usually charge the item in accordance with the woth of such item.
3.Since custom is not the one to deliver it they will attach DN(delivery note) to such item which will show the amount to be paid as custom duty and pass the item to NIPOST for delivery to the owner.
4.NIPOST will only charge you "handling charge'.Since it is foreign item you are expect to pay for handling charge.Can someone send me a car from abroad and I will clear it without paying a dim.
5.Pls dont let us bad mouth our institution though there are black sheep among the employees whose because of their corrupted mind tarnishing our image.
5.So Mr op you can go back to that office and seek audience with their manager and demand to see DN that the custom attach to your laptop.
6.To say the fact we Nigerians only want everything to be free,we buy item from other country pay certain amount to boast their economy, we now want our govt to bear the burden of delivery here.
7.Someone was talking about Dhl,gig and others, go and try them you will realise that NIPOST is very cheaper than any of them.

1 Like

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 8:13am On Oct 05, 2019
masseratti:
you liked are the ones that spoiled this Country with your line of thoughts.

Your head is paining u.
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2019
masseratti:
you liked are the ones that spoiled this Country with your line of thoughts.

You really sick! U don't need to quote me.

What's new about the post office that i don't know? I said the op should pay the money or negociate with them before dem go change that Laptop to solid rock with the same LBs.

So how wetin i said take reduced your age?

PackWell
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by masseratti: 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
9JAFULLBREED:

You really sick! U don't need to quote me.

What's new about the post office that i don't know? I said the op should pay the money or negociate with them before dem go change that Laptop to solid rock with the same LBs.

So how wetin i said take reduced your age?

PackWell
lemme come down to your level small today... Am in that mood.... But won't got in the gutter with you with your words... I don't belong there,
Now to address your post "negotiate" for what exactly? Your kind are the ones that will see a police and fret when you ve not commit any offense, Lilly liver, that's why every institution in Nigeria is corrupt cos of negotiations.
A simple clarification from the person will clear the whole issues.. Rather than to negotiate... The money is custom duties.... I was pissed when the same happened to me from DHL. Nd they explained nd i paid... A private courier company.

1 Like

Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by masseratti: 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
9JAFULLBREED:

Your head is paining u.
come up with a better line... I will address you.. Until then, am cocking up slowly.........
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by evy800(f): 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
logan2:
not warri, abraka

Ok...thx
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
If you like drag your family to the gutter thats your headache. If you dont feel ok with whatever i said bro delete them. There's no award on Nairaland comment section and u dont need to be stupid either. I said negociate Is that word new to you? Did i said bribe them? Abeg if you get issue go away with it.

BYE.

masseratti:
lemme come down to your level small today... Am in that mood.... But won't got in the gutter with you with your words... I don't belong there,
Now to address your post "negotiate" for what exactly? Your kind are the ones that will see a police and fret when you ve not commit any offense, Lilly liver, that's why every institution in Nigeria is corrupt cos of negotiations.
A simple clarification from the person will clear the whole issues.. Rather than to negotiate... The money is custom duties.... I was pissed when the same happened to me from DHL. Nd they explained nd i paid... A private courier company.
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by centboy123456(m): 12:38am On Oct 06, 2019
magicminister:

Depends, for locally produced goods, I use Konga and Jumia. For foreign made goods, I use Alibaba.com and amazon

The foreign one do they send it to Nigeria
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by SoldierPikin: 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2019
Nigerians love to extort from eachnother.
Nipost, power discos, police,etc.

Too many are looking to chop what they didn't earn.
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by SoldierPikin: 12:46pm On Oct 06, 2019
dumodust:
They add the charge from customs
What people don't know is that all sent or imported goods has to pass through customs and 2 laptops will be billed and can get to that amount

I think it's official and calculated
There's always a receipt available, you can take it and if you see any wrong doing, make a complaint

Just be aware that customs duties are paid worldwide on all couriered goods

When I was in the states, I never paid import duties to order any consumer goods. Nigerians are oppressing themselves.
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by masseratti: 12:51pm On Oct 06, 2019
9JAFULLBREED:
If you like drag your family to the gutter thats your headache. If you dont feel ok with whatever i said bro delete them. There's no award on Nairaland comment section and u dont need to be stupid either. I said negociate Is that word new to you? Did i said bribe them? Abeg if you get issue go away with it.

BYE.

ehyaa...this one even put am in bold letters, ehyaaa... Lolz a typical Nigerian.
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by rafou001(m): 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
Does anyone know the best way to export goods?

Nigerian postal service and DHL seam to be way too expensive.
Re: Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
Cargo

rafou001:
Does anyone know the best way to export goods?

Nigerian postal service and DHL seam to be way too expensive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim / Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.