Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England (26377 Views)

Lampard Speaks On Tammy Abraham Playing For England / Amaju Pinnick Snubs Gernot Rohr During AFCON Medal Presentation (Photos) / Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2019
This is not about Nationalism. Ask yourself, has Nigeria been fair to Nigerians and please forget about that ask-not-what-America-can-do-for-you bunkum.

In all ramifications and index of living standards, Nigeria is at the lowest rung of the pecking order due to inhuman,dumb, wobbling and fumbling leaders that we have, such as the one we presently have.

Footballers and coaches are dying on a daily as if we have a cholera epidemic and the football administrators are having a running battle with the EFCC because of their preference to administer their their pockets instead of administering football.

A good product advertises itself.
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by Oyikoha(m): 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
mrjaydee:
Good luck to him.. if he thinks he can bench Harry Kane he should think again.
This thought came to my mind..
He go sit down tire
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
Kenturkey048:
England too never contributed to his success...is just like saying your son shouldn't work in Nigeria because he schooled in england..

England didn't contribute anything ? The academies and football infrastructure that allowed him get to where he is today are in Japan? Or Delta State?

The boy has never said anything negative about Nigeria. He just wants to play for his real country. Where he was born, loves and grew up. Where his sentiments lie. It's Nigerians talking about him. Meanwhile we were not there from the start to help or nurture him.

Your comparison is not equivalent. Rather if a Nigerian schools in England where education is taken more seriously and opportunities emerge that cannot be easily gotten back home, then he would take it. If he can get into say BP or a Shell grad program without knowing anybody why would he come back here and skip hurdles to get into NNPC or some other heavily politicized work space?

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by WriterX(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2019
Maldini212:
Fear of BH boys
No hope for zoogeria

Zoo must collapse

has collapsed already
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by GEEBITE: 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2019
Gabby never played for any other team except Villa.He is homegrown talent born less than a km away from Villa park.Ambassador for life.
martowskin1:

Agbolarhor was never a top 9, he is more of a flank player.... And demn yes, he would have seen constant shirt in Nigeria team.

Agbolaor was a first team player in westham then.

Like it or not, u see the next world cup, he won't be picked .... But there is great chance Nigeria would have picked him ..
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by Lokogoma: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
Thank God we have Osihmen who is a better footballer
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by TruthProphet: 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2019
KevMitnick:
Use and dump England. They'll tie them down now. Ask Agbonlahor and Fashanu and other Nigerian players who opted for England.

Also, Nedum Onuoha, whose mum thought she was making the smartest decision for her son but ended up making him not even have up to 10 caps for their so called beloved England. Dude could have won a nations cup but alas, he would have no national trophy or medal. angry

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by TruthProphet: 2:30pm On Oct 04, 2019
oshe11:
Though it may NOT be a wise decision but before You criticise Him, answer this question.......

If Na You Be Tammy, You go choose Super Eagles over The Three Lions?

Going by how England has so far treated all Nigerian-born players who opted to play for them, I would chose Nigeria any day, any time. Despite its own problems, as a player in the EPL, you are assured of a longer stay in the national side and probably a Nations cup medal. But with the so called three lions, just don’t perform better than the white English players and see how they wld drop you like hot potatoes.
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by godisablack(m): 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2019
16yearsold:
In Igbo se ba kwo which means gerrah of here.
We don't need him.
That's not Igbo. I'll pretend to understand you, though grin

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by lloyds(m): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2019
Who Nigeria help? Free the young man jo
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by klava: 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2019
The England team is a strong team and gives perspective to the players. I hope Tammy Abraham will see on the field soon. He's a good player. I hope to earn more. I use the site https://777score.co.uk/ to make bets and make money. Football is not only a spectacular game but also a profit.
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by gbefun40(m): 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
Smart decision Dont let politician spoil your glory.
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by ChiefSweetus: 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
16yearsold:
In Igbo se ba kwo which means gerrah of here.
We don't need him.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by ddeola: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2019
If he plays in the game then his career is finished. Blacks are not given a place in the English national team. He may not play up to 10 games for the 3 lions throughout his playing career. He must be extremely exceptional to pin a steady shirt as a black man.

That's the plain truth
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by blackboy(m): 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
Sharp guy. Good move
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by TSRC: 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
If he fuccks up, racists would forget he is English.
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by oshe11: 3:40pm On Oct 04, 2019
TruthProphet:

Going by how England has so far treated all Nigerian-born players who opted to play for them, I would chose Nigeria any day, any time. Despite its own problems, as a player in the EPL, you are assured of a longer stay in the national side and probably a Nations cup medal. But with the so called three lions, just don’t perform better than the white English players and see how they wld drop you like hot potatoes.

Thats why I said it May NOT be wise but considering the decay in our Football.......

What if he becomes exceptional like Sterling?

***No one wishes to play badly
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by KevMitnick: 3:40pm On Oct 04, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

The ones who played for Niggeria where are they now?
Are you asking about Victor Moses or Alex Iwobi ? Why don't you answer that. And it's Nigeria not Niggeria.
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by oshe11: 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2019
Bizibi:
yes,i will play for my home country. Playing time is important in soccer,the three lions is known for dumping players who are not natives.

You are right, hence my saying his decision may NOT be wise
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by oshe11: 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
Kenturkey048:
yes..because everybody get choice...atleast iwobi prove them wrong..he choosed Nigeria over england.

He(Tammy) has made His
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by am4truth(m): 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
Otunbascotty:
Good decision! Who wants to play for a useless country in the first place. Even if he is capped once and benched for the rest of his English career it's worth more than playing for Nigeria that's so useless that it has nothing to offer its teeming youth populace. Asking Tammy to pick Nigeria above English is just like asking me to leave my American girlfriend and come home and marry a Nigerian bitch. What would I gain if I do that? What would Tammy gain if he chooses nigeria over England? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

This is not good enough, I expected something better from you. What do you gain by calling your country useless? Stop this. pray to God to bless your hustle. People are making it here, so you too can make it.
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by Jaqenhghar: 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2019
KevMitnick:

Are you asking about Victor Moses or Alex Iwobi ? Why don't you answer that. And it's Nigeria not Niggeria.
I am asking you you are telling me to answer. Na so dem teach you? If you no know answer simply say so. To not know no be crime.
...and yes its Niggeria aka shithole, cesspit whatever I choose to call it deal with it
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by KevMitnick: 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

I am asking you you are telling me to answer. Na so dem teach you? If you no know answer simply say so. To not know no be crime.
...and yes its Niggeria aka shithole, cesspit whatever I choose to call it deal with it
Sorry, I been nor know say you nor get sense like that...ok Victor Moses been play for England at junior level before e port to Naija also Alex Iwobi been play for England at u16, u17 and u18 before e port to Naija. Ola Aina even play reach U20 sef but e come use brain port to Naija.
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by Edilarex19: 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2019
Him one play for England, hu dash monkey banana, na bench be him portion
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by codemaniacs: 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
zz
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by Jaqenhghar: 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
KevMitnick:

Sorry, I been nor know say you nor get sense like that...ok Victor Moses been play for England at junior level before e port to Naija also Alex Iwobi been play for England at u16, u17 and u18 before e port to Naija. Ola Aina even play reach U20 sef but e come use brain port to Naija.

Na because him no see road to play elswhere. Nobody when get sense go gree play for that dump.
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by Flashh: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2019
mrjaydee

Hope you know Harry Keane is getting old, as a striker, for a country like England to rely on for the next 2-3years.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by Ximenez(m): 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2019
utenwuson:
Kane and vardy go bench this one tire
If it were to be you, what would you have done? The Las is 22, how old is Vardy?

Playing for super eagles will just bring unnecessary physical and mental stress, not to talk of their welfare. How many times did Mikel bail out the super eagles with cash as if NFF doesn't exist?
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2019
am4truth:

This is not good enough, I expected something better from you. What do you gain by calling your country useless? Stop this. pray to God to bless your hustle. People are making it here, so you too can make it.
God has blessed and is still blessing me and will never stop blessing me. The bitter truth is that you live in a useless country the earlier you come to terms with it the better for you. People are making it! Are you among those people and how many millions of youth are making it? If people are making it I won't have beggers allover my timeline and page on social media. Maybe you should travel then you will realize that you need to wake up, and come to terms with your useless country. Have you ever heard of anyone who has relocated from Nigeria willing or wishing to come back to Nigeria? Never! except if deported, even when deported they always wish and work hard to go back. I once lived in Nigeria and I know what am saying. I once lived in lagos and am never coming back to live in your shitty country if not fixed. So school yourself young man and wake the Bleep up!!!

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by Instinct0212: 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2019
good for him, wise decision niyen Ooh
Re: Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England by Munirboss(m): 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2019
I know he would snub 9ja, anyway goodluck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles / Arsenal Considering Offering Jesus In Deal To Sign Osimhen / #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.