Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" (45665 Views)

Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s / DSS: How We Rescued Chido Onumah From Intended Mob Attack / Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Trendirabingi: 10:27am On Oct 05, 2019
Only the wise will understand how deep that is....ONLY FOOOLS WILL FIGHT OR SPEAK AGAINST THE BIAFRAN COURSE....I REPEAT..ONLY FOOOLS...REAL FOOOLS IN A ZOOO, SHIT HOLE CONTRAPION. ONLY FOOLS WHO THINK THEY ARE LIVING IN A COUNTRY , NOT KNOWING THEY ARE MERELY EXISTING, WITH NO GOVERNMENT BUT DEMENTED VAGABONDS WITH THE TREASURY OF A WHOLE NUMBER OF REGIONS , PROTECTORATES , PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT TRIBE AND LANGAUGE IN THEIR POCKETS........ONLY FOOOOOLS WILL FIGHT AGAINST THE TRUTH....ME AND MY FAMILY ARE ALL BIAFRANS.....THUNDER FIRE YOU ZOOGERIANS...PPL FROM A NIGGA AREA...DARK AREA...

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by mindtricks: 10:28am On Oct 05, 2019
Hmm!

I trust my people to dump the message which is key and revert to their usual hate mongering and all. To them, that is all that matters.

The key point remains that the security guys have abandoned the substance of their jobs and pursuing shadows, and governance is busy ripping the people off.

Interestingly, the people are so tolerant of these, while being so intolerant of one another.

Who says Nigerians are ready for change?

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by jclassiq(m): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2019
candidtalk:
Another proof of what I have always argued if indeed Aisha Yesufu said this. I.e Nigerians have now worked out the Igbos to noted they are stupendously egotistic and emptily emotional to the extent even insincere flattery can be deployed to use and dump them. Is this not how FFK who spat raw bile and hate against Igbo became their 'Son' once he started praising them and hooked up with their 'daughter'? Fayose, hailing Kanu up and down while fighting Buhari, is now silent over Igbo issues since he is no longer a governor and does not need the emotional people anymore.

What concerns Yesufu with Biafra if not that the word is trending and she needs attention she obviously knows she will get mentioning a people who will swamp the internet and social media obsessively once anyone of note associate with their Biafra nonsense. This is simply what Yesufu is doing. Expect Deji Adeyanju and even Adeyinka Grandson to announce themselves as Biafrans soon. Activism is now a profitable and bonafide profession in Nigeria. For smart 'activists', mention Biafra and get paid/attention.

Igbo's do not need any praise singer to defend or advance their rights.

All these people identifying with the biafran struggle you mean should be denounced by the Igbo's? Why? Because you think they are riding on their back? But the Igbo's are losing nothing by that.

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Coldfeet(f): 10:32am On Oct 05, 2019
candidtalk:

You are the one lacking reasoning and intelligence. My point is that Biafra has no ideological sincerity as you claim. It is a total fraud the likes of Yesufu, FFK, Fayose and co use to trend on social media and increase their personal popularity and relevance. Nothing typifies Biafra a fraud more than how Igbos , constantly claiming they want their own nation , leave and stay out of the SE to then adopt the language and culture of others.

Nothing shows the noise of Biafra as empty and insincere more than how your lawmakers in the state and federal houses of legistlature, business leaders and Igbo men/women of influence ignore agitating for Biafra. There is no 'ideology' buddy just a scam everyone sees through (like myself) and others use cynically for self-promotion and their own agenda (Kanu,Yesufu, FFK, Fayose et al).
YOU STILL DON'T GET IT!!! ENOUGH OF THIS RANT ALREADY SINCE YOU CANT ASSIMILATE WHAT THE MESSAGE IS ALL ABOUT.

3 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by whirlwind7(m): 10:33am On Oct 05, 2019
Earthquake1:

If you are abused because of your tribe you are a Biafran
If you are abused because of your gender or religion you are a Biafran

If you book space on all threads to spew senseless comments defending Buhari you are an irredeemable, ignorant zombie

This post made my day.
It took some intelligence and a good amount of wisdom to come up with this.

I salute you!

2 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Coldfeet(f): 10:33am On Oct 05, 2019
Esseite:

Maybe it's the word Biafra that is giving you pressure..

The word is just a tag for a better Nigeria away from the norm as used in the context of the article, am guessing you would have preferred the overused "restructure"..

Don't mind him and his likes, they stop using their brain once biafra is mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by PapaAdanna: 10:34am On Oct 05, 2019
She is always bold

Not like those from the WASTE
Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Coldfeet(f): 10:34am On Oct 05, 2019
ppreye:

You think everyone is normal on this forum?
I'm telling you grin

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Coldfeet(f): 10:38am On Oct 05, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
The statement was made by you and you made it alone. Neither myself or my family or the entire nairaland people have a hand in your utterance. You acted alone. You're on your own.
Speak for yourself and don't conclude on behalf of the whole nairaland. You all don't want to accept her message simply because she said "we are all biafrans" forgetting that she was speaking metaphorically. Haba!! Hatred will make some people reject a better life just because something or someone they don't like is associated with it.

3 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Coldfeet(f): 10:39am On Oct 05, 2019
backnbeta:
I understand where she's coming from. Like the Biafrans, an average Nigerian is living in the land but not part of the land! When you can't hold your head high, enjoy basic humanrights or feel your leaders are truly working for you, then you are more like a refugee in your own country! Yes, we are all Biafrans, with the exception of a few super rich criminals who hold the knife and yam!
Bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Osobi32(m): 10:40am On Oct 05, 2019
Simplyleo:
Hmmm.

The more you try to understand this biafuro concept, the more stupid it appears.

I know for sure our blodas from that side will now cheer Aisha Yusuf up and admit her as a member of their biafuro.

The other time, I understand some people from southern kaduna were also members of this biafuro. Even Elzakzaki is now a full fledged member and indeed a leader, FFK, Fayose, Atiku, just name them.

From the foregoing, it appears once you are against buhari, you are a biafuran. Na wetin me I understand be dis sha. cool
you really need to start thinking differently, you couldn't even pick her point or try to understand her message...... Your hate got triggered the moment u saw Biafra! Hate will not take u anywhere ok.

3 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Lamanii22(f): 10:41am On Oct 05, 2019
Man102:
BOMB!!! "We're all Biafrans!", Aisha Tells Buhari, DSS (Video)

By Wisdom Nwedene

The Convener of #Bringbackourgirls, Aisha Yusuf, has told the Department of State Security Services, DSS, and President Muhammadu Buhari that "we are all Biafrans", Igbere TV reports.

Yusuf was reacting over the arrest of a Nigerian Journalist, Mr. Chido Onumah by the department.

Onumah, a Nigerian journalist and rights activist who was arrested and detained by the Department of State Services on Sunday evening, revealed that he was arrested for wearing a T-shirt with the inscription: ‘We Are All Biafrans'.

Igbere TV had reported that Onumah, who was arrested by DSS operatives at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport in Abuja, was detained for hours.

Speaking over the arrest, Yusuf said what we have is Political DSS.

She noted that the Vice president of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo was present during the time the journalist launched a book entitled "We Are All Biafrans".

She revealed that she is a Biafran too and the DSS can never shut her down to stop talking about President Muhammadu Buhari’s that has failed in all ramifications.

"DSS picked Chudo Onumah at the airport apparently because he was wearing a t-shirt that says "We Are All Biafrans".

"Are we not all Biafrans? Are we not refuges right now in our country? So, DSS that is supposed to be an intelligent gathering organization, protecting Nigeria, picks up a man, wearing a t-shirt that says we are all Biafrans, a man who wrote a book with the same title that the vice president was at the book launch. For what? Is it this same DSS that we rely on to gather information? Is it this the same DSS that we rely on to arrest Boko Haram leader, Shekau?".

She further lambasted the DSS and claimed that with the way they are going, they won't be able to curb the insecurity in the country.

She add that everyone is a Biafran including her.

" In case you don't know, my name is Aisha Yusuf, I am a Biafran, we are all Biafrans. We are not living in our country, we are merely surviving and we deserve better"

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/1044278/bomb-biafrans-aisha-tells-buhari-dss-video/

Watch the video here https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=408530679864480&id=785258648245480

Unity cannot prevail in Nigeria... Each tribe shouldn't have been joined together in the first place... They can/would never agree... One tribe would want to super -cede... Another tribe would feel cheated....

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Coldfeet(f): 10:41am On Oct 05, 2019
Richy4:
A lot of people on that first page got comprehension issues.. How did they pass English language in their WAEC examination

They didn't even try to understand the message she was desperately trying to pass across.. Is this lack of understanding an epidemic ?
That's what hatred causes! It blinds many to truth.

4 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 05, 2019
Badonasty:

This woman just wants to get Buhari attention by any way possible

Exactly. And how better to do so than attach herself to the Biafra noise of the sentimental and loud folks?
Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by elsom: 10:58am On Oct 05, 2019
Simplyleo:
Hmmm.

The more you try to understand this biafuro concept, the more stupid it appears.

I know for sure our blodas from that side will now cheer Aisha Yusuf up and admit her as a member of their biafuro.

The other time, I understand some people from southern kaduna were also members of this biafuro. Even Elzakzaki is now a full fledged member and indeed a leader, FFK, Fayose, Atiku, just name them.

From the foregoing, it appears once you are against buhari, you are a biafuran. Na wetin me I understand be dis sha. cool

You didn't attempt addressing what the lady said.

3 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by stjoe50: 11:05am On Oct 05, 2019
Simplyleo:
Hmmm.

why not understand that we are unitedly calling for a better Nigeria. Most you defend failure to protect Mr President. The fact remains that well meaning Nigerians are calling for a better country, if that means an attack on Buhari, so be it!!

3 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Rapmoney(m): 11:05am On Oct 05, 2019
Simplyleo:
Hmmm.

Even in simple matters, you are an IGNORAMUS!!! You are not better than a stark illiterate!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 05, 2019
Simplyleo:
Hmmm.

Bros relax and admit igbo amaka

2 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by nairabitcoins: 11:25am On Oct 05, 2019
The Yorubas, judging from events and comments on this forum, hates the Igbos even more than the jihadist Hausa/Fulani. The question is why?

2 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by WaleRock: 11:35am On Oct 05, 2019
All of you should wake up from your slumber of ignorance and quit slipping into oblivion as did the generations gone before us!

I'm so tired of the division among the masses.

You people are only acting out a script by design without even knowing it.

There's no Biafra, OPC, IPOB, Arewa, Ibo, Hausa, Yoruba, Middlebelt, etc; there are only Oppressors and the Oppressed.
You should see your leaders and your purported enemy's leaders at events that they hold more dear than the ones you see on the pages of newspapers or on social media...celebrating their victory over you.

Our cultural and ideological incompatibility may be real but are only ingredients for a robust, multi-functional, and multi-flavoured society; and they should not distract us from the fact that some wicked few are up to manipulate our diversity for the success of their corrupt practices. It's the same ancient Divide and Conquer and Rule system.

A tuber of yam has to be processed, and sliced into many pieces before you can be able to swallow it, otherwise the yam will remain intact.

The few oppressors have been very successful in instigating and stirring up inter-tribal, inter-ethnic, religious conflicts through trusted but corrupt leaders (traditional and political alike), the media (most of which are owned by them), etc.

Now, quit fighting each other over national issues! Because the fight in itself is a solid evidence that you, the masses, have been defeated again and again.

You've all got a common enemy: you, as individuals! ...for your inability to realize that you are the government.
“Every nation gets the government it deserves” (Joseph de Maistre)
The power to change the destiny of this great country lies in the united but informed masses - any government would readily bow to such.

Wake up, Nigerians![color=#006600][/color]
Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by akiOYIBO: 11:53am On Oct 05, 2019
Simplyleo:
Hmmm.

well it is not a sin that you understand things within your cognitive capacity. You dont expect something in a zoo to understand beyond his brain capacity

2 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by anEye4anEye: 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
candidtalk:
Another proof of what I have always argued if indeed Aisha Yesufu said this. I.e Nigerians have now worked out the Igbos to noted they are stupendously egotistic and emptily emotional to the extent even insincere flattery can be deployed to use and dump them. Is this not how FFK who spat raw bile and hate against Igbo became their 'Son' once he started praising them and hooked up with their 'daughter'? Fayose, hailing Kanu up and down while fighting Buhari, is now silent over Igbo issues since he is no longer a governor and does not need the emotional people anymore.

What concerns Yesufu with Biafra if not that the word is trending and she needs attention she obviously knows she will get mentioning a people who will swamp the internet and social media obsessively once anyone of note associate with their Biafra nonsense. This is simply what Yesufu is doing. Expect Deji Adeyanju and even Adeyinka Grandson to announce themselves as Biafrans soon. Activism is now a profitable and bonafide profession in Nigeria. For smart 'activists', mention Biafra and get paid/attention.

I’m not a Biafran but you deserved to be quoted. The question for you is why do you HATE the word BIAFRA with passion? If Yesufu said she’s is Biafran, will it take anything from your person or change anything in the society? So is because of a merestatement that you’re speaking and dishing out all those BIG BIG GRAMMAR instead of cracking your brain to invent or create a new business strategy that will benefit you and I.

Is it not better that we all becomes Biafrans if that will make the system work? Nobody is begging you to be a Biafran so you don’t have to be so hateful just because you don’t share the same ideology with them especially when you’re not being forced to join their course.

Yeusuf made a better use of the word Biafra, if you have read and comprehend you would have noticed that her use of the words was not to divide us but to pass a message.. To her Biafrans are like refugees, therefore when your government are treating her citizens or a particular set of people as refugees for speaking out in their own land, she qualify those set of people as Biafrans..

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Basher8583: 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
Earthquake1:

If you book space on all threads to spew senseless comments defending Buhari you are an irredeemable, ignorant zombie

Hmmm .... So that's the route you are all going now. You no want country again?
Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Basher8583: 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
Heffalump:

Your understanding is very wacky my friend.
Aisha is just trying to prove a point that the DSS is only humiliating citizens who have not committed any crime in their own country with all recklessness, while the primary function of the DSS such as combating criminality and information gathering is let to suffer.
So you and that Aisha want to tell DSS how to do thier work ABI?
DSS kukuma no send any of you or your rants
Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Insectkiller: 12:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
Sometimes when an enemy want to blackmail u, they are only making u more popular..

Alot of ways free paid Advertisment rolling for IPOB

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Santinho: 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
candidtalk:

Your hatred for Biafra wouldn't let you think and assimilate well. Your understanding is very shallow and wacky.
She was only making a point that Nigerians are living like strangers in their lands hence, the mentioning of the name Biafra.
Meanwhile, you feigned ignorance of the part she said that Osinbanjo was at the Book Launch.

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by anEye4anEye: 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2019
Earthquake1:

If we have up to a 100 people like you on Nairaland, the forum would’ve been a hub for wisdom, learning and societal sophistication

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by brookz: 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
Chai, Naso this Woman Weyrey reach??

She sounds very frustrated because she couldn't clinch an appointment in The Next Level. grin grin
Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
So sad seeing this like this... We are suppose to rally round him not Sowore ...You call your self Ibo you say you are Biafrains is it hard for to ibos to rise up and help their brother. If l am an Ibo and also have little money l will print a mass copy of the clothes and share it out for free so DSS can arrest us all in solidarity of a free Nigeria Free Press.

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Nature8(m): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2019
Earthquake1:

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by Successlane: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
So this Biafra thing has become a joke.

and I was about taking them serious o .

Any time I see someone holding/counting money (especially) dollars, I am a Biafra.

I no dey greedy o.
Re: Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" by guidelight: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
Ich bin ein Biafranischer! Allez Kaput!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Declares Seriake Dickson Winner Of Bayelsa Election / Buhari Meets Saraki Again In London / President Buhari Hosts Saraki And Dogara To A Private Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.