Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor (68646 Views)

FG Sets 18 Years As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions / Girl Picked From The Slum Of Makoko To A School In Abuja At N1M Fee Annually / "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by lollybizzu(m): 8:58am On Oct 06, 2019
One of the things that make me happy and feel fulfilled is the fact that I've put a smile on the face of someone.

May God help me.

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 06, 2019
When I read the prayers waters dropped
Oh Lord help me to be like this woman abeg

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Lexusgs430: 8:58am On Oct 06, 2019
mrwonlasewonie:
the funny thing is people will pass by him without giving a sheet Saying the they're on their way to church or mosque

I wish weret more human and less religious as a people

Those that have probably not seen the other side, would probably never fully comprehend this statements..........
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Topmaike007(m): 8:59am On Oct 06, 2019
See as God dey do something...... God bless Seven day adventist
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Mightydude: 8:59am On Oct 06, 2019
Dr Paul did it . I don't know what you are talking about .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 06, 2019
merits:

That's life,never underrate anybody. It's a lesson for all.i wish to do more than this for someone.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 06, 2019
merits:

That's life,never underrate anybody. It's a lesson for all.i wish to do more than this for someone.
Same here..please let's stop wishing, let's start no matter how little. Many are languishing out there and need the smallest act of kindness they can get.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by toprealman: 9:00am On Oct 06, 2019
Compare her with the likes of Jaruma, Tonto Dike etc.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by colestephan86: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2019
odinceblog:
A Nigerian Based American Lady, Melissa, shares a Touching story of a Nigerian boy who she picked on the street 18 years Ago (abandoned with a disease) she took care of him, treated, trained him in school, now he is a medical Doctor.

Read Her testimony Below;

Guys! I am so excited!!!!! This last week my “adopted” brother became Dr Paul.

Our family first met Anejodo Paul in a small remote village in central Nigeria about 18 1/2 years ago.

I remember my heart breaking when I saw this kid under a tree swatting flies away from the raw and open tissue on his leg that had been caused by a flesh eating bacteria.

Many months later, through the kindness of a donor in the U.S., he was brought to the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife for treatment of his buruli ulcer related disease and complications.

Over a year later, he came home to live with our family so that, at 13 years of age, he could start school. Did I mention he was 13 and starting first grade?

And this week, he got the news that he has passed his final medical school exams.

Thanks to MANY miracles from God, the medical care provided by doctors at the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife, Nigeria, the support of many who contributed to cover his school fees, and other needs through the years, his own persistence in spite of MANY obstacles, he is now Dr. Paul!!!

We are all so proud of you, Paul! And I can’t wait to see where God continues to take you on this crazy journey he has had you on.

https://odinceblog.com/photos-the-boy-i-picked-from-the-street-18-years-ago-is-now-a-medical-doctor-lady-testifies/
Siren go full every where now, wow ! Wow! Wow! Wow wow wow
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by 7pages(m): 9:02am On Oct 06, 2019
BetterPoison:
I want to dedicate this thread to Or11... God rewards his own beyond expectations.. May the most high life you beyond your expectations

he must have done something worthwhile to deserved this public appreciation

Or11 on behalf of this my brother, I say thank you

please I need a job too Or11 don't forget to fix and assist a brother with job, my mom is aged and need proper care please
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by 2loadedguy: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2019
This is so inspiring, may God bless u immensely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2019
SIMPLY INSPIRING.

This is what we live for.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by styless(f): 9:04am On Oct 06, 2019
Aww...best news ever.

I remember when I read this fictional story (https://www.dnbstories.com/2015/10/short-story-my-fathers-story.html?m=1) and told myself how very real it felt.

Abandoned kids have a way of turning out great.

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Heffalump(m): 9:05am On Oct 06, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Now this is an achievement, having millions in cash and numerous investments without imparting lives is not. God bless you immeasurably!

Wow!
Very correct Sir. This is the real service to humanity. May God bless his benefactor. Quite touching!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by sizer07: 9:06am On Oct 06, 2019
God in his infinite mercy will continue to be her shining light, her blessing shall no not bound. This are the type of gestures and help that am sure give God goose bombs in heaven. Not mater how highly place you are or powerful if you can not impact someone life positively then your purpose on earth has been defeated. My prayers everyday is God to bless me so I can be a philanthropy like this White woman. Out of no where she was able to turn an abounded kid with a life threatened diseases to a Dr. Tell me why this woman will not make heaven. Heaven can bee seen as a very difficult place to make but with this kind of gesture, God will always make ur case easy. Happy Sunday my NL pals and remain bless plus let this woman gesture toward this boy inspired so many this lovely morning....... Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Lamanii22(f): 9:06am On Oct 06, 2019
Wooow... This is wonderful... News like this give some kinda chills....
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by mike272(m): 9:07am On Oct 06, 2019
Touching, very touching. The money you make in this life is meaningless at the end of your days on earth if you fail to affect lives positively.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by HeadofWhite(m): 9:07am On Oct 06, 2019
Wow this is Touching God bless u dearly sis 4 luv him 4 who he his

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by imitateMe(m): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2019
When idiots are busy wasting money on bbn contestants for no reason...
There are lot of reasonable people who need ur money!!
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Lamanii22(f): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2019
mu2sa2:
God replenish your store, madam. Dr Paul please pick a poor child from a remote village and replicate your story.

Right... Make sense...
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Staro: 9:09am On Oct 06, 2019
Wow .... this is so touching.
Thanks ma'am
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by ahiboilandgas: 9:12am On Oct 06, 2019
odinceblog:
A Nigerian Based American Lady, Melissa, shares a Touching story of a Nigerian boy who she picked on the street 18 years Ago (abandoned with a disease) she took care of him, treated, trained him in school, now he is a medical Doctor.

Read Her testimony Below;

Guys! I am so excited!!!!! This last week my “adopted” brother became Dr Paul.

Our family first met Anejodo Paul in a small remote village in central Nigeria about 18 1/2 years ago.

I remember my heart breaking when I saw this kid under a tree swatting flies away from the raw and open tissue on his leg that had been caused by a flesh eating bacteria.

Many months later, through the kindness of a donor in the U.S., he was brought to the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife for treatment of his buruli ulcer related disease and complications.

Over a year later, he came home to live with our family so that, at 13 years of age, he could start school. Did I mention he was 13 and starting first grade?

And this week, he got the news that he has passed his final medical school exams.

Thanks to MANY miracles from God, the medical care provided by doctors at the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife, Nigeria, the support of many who contributed to cover his school fees, and other needs through the years, his own persistence in spite of MANY obstacles, he is now Dr. Paul!!!

We are all so proud of you, Paul! And I can’t wait to see where God continues to take you on this crazy journey he has had you on.

https://odinceblog.com/photos-the-boy-i-picked-from-the-street-18-years-ago-is-now-a-medical-doctor-lady-testifies/
and one idoit Islamic religion will say she will not go to haven say na terrorist go dey haven with 77 virgin
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nobisjoe1: 9:14am On Oct 06, 2019
Wow amazing transformation 4rm a kind hearted heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by achikolo(f): 9:14am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
post=82883326:
SIMPLY INSPIRING.

This is what we live for.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by chimavit: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2019
Let me write cause I want to collect my own blessing Moor, thank you Madam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by SEGLIZ: 9:19am On Oct 06, 2019
can the idiot hiding billions in soakaway and vaults take a cue from this humanitarian gesture!?
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by winnah(f): 9:19am On Oct 06, 2019
F***k u. The boy just graduated from Babcock university. His here in Nigeria.

Do u even understand the story

MrStan11:
Whether the boy was forgotten or not, Nigeria as a country can change your destiny.
Happy for the young man that God used his parents to make him escape this shithole.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Gwagone: 9:20am On Oct 06, 2019
What a great testimony
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 06, 2019
Indeed... No one is a victim of poverty. The grace of God, coupled with His determination saw him through. You are not a victim of poverty. No matter your situation in life, keep trusting God and believe you will make it.
Excuses abound every where, such as my family cannot afford it, I came from a poor background, no one to help.
Only you can rule yourself out and become a victim of poverty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Mutmaenat(m): 9:24am On Oct 06, 2019
that good am happy for the man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Hacuttie: 9:24am On Oct 06, 2019
This is what can be referred to as achievements. When you see a situation where hope is almost not in existence and you take a chance out of good deeds. So happy for Dr. Paul and his benefactor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by maasoap(m): 9:24am On Oct 06, 2019
MrStan11:
Whether the boy was forgotten or not, Nigeria as a country can change your destiny.
Happy for the young man that God used his parents to make him escape this shithole.

Nigeria has messed up this dude psyche

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olumuyiwa Oludayo: Sex Scandal Covenant University Lecturer Chat Leak By Student / Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.