Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor (68671 Views)

FG Sets 18 Years As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions / Girl Picked From The Slum Of Makoko To A School In Abuja At N1M Fee Annually / "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by jamace(m): 10:52am On Oct 06, 2019
God bless you madam. Life is simple if you be your brothers keeper.

Woe unto the politicians who are their brothers looters.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by TheSourcerer: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2019
dave4rella:

Mad man, have you skipped your drugs again?
nah I took em
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by frank442: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2019
May reward you and your family in 20 fold
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by habsydiamond(m): 11:07am On Oct 06, 2019
This kind of nice gesture will not be seen by Nigerians from the white oo. But na dem Kim Kardashians dem go dey copy... Nigeria don lost all the good sides of her culture na the yeye aspects of the whites we dey copy. No wonder dem dey prosper yet we remain on one spot since 1960... God help us ooo

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by MduZA: 11:07am On Oct 06, 2019
franchasng:
Nigerian guys please we need to marry more white ladies into Nigeria so we can inject the blessed white race blood into Nigeria as a way of positioning Nigeria for greateness in decades or centuries to come if not, no hope for Nigeria!!

If you are a Nigerian guy reading this, please make it a priority to marry a white Lady before you die, even if you are married already, try and marry another wife and she must be a pure white lady, full blooded Caucasian white not wicked unintelligent religious fanatic Arabs, I said white!!

White people are blessed don't let anybody deceive you!!

Without white race, Borno state will be far better than South Africa!!

South Africa is a bit developed today, all thanks to white people from Netherlands!!

Despite using our national wealth she got freely as a gift from former Nigerian military president to become supposed richest woman in Africa, tell me how many people Mrs Alakija has helped with her wealth except snapping pictures up and down and intimidating other women

Despite looting our national wealth to become richest family in Nigeria, tell me what Abacha wife and family have done for the poor in Nigeria

Despite she and her husband looting Lagos state money dry, tell me what Senator Oluremi Tinubu has done for the poor and suffering all over Nigeria

Despite all the wealth, tell me what thief Rochas Okorocha's wife has done for the poor in Nigeria

All the rich black women and men, especially rich black women are wicked, mean and selfish!!

Black women will rather die than allow their wealth or money touch the life of others who aren't their immediate family members! That is why they maltreat their maids and treat them like animals that don't deserve to live!!

Black woman will be rich while her boyfriend is broke and struggling she will never help him for fear that he will leave her, but white Lady will help her boyfriend not minding if he would leave her or not, but black woman will only help if she will gain directly from the help, no selfless help from a black woman, all her help is for a profit!!!

Go to US, Europe, etc all the millionaires and billionaires have scholarships running into billions yearly they grant to all students who merits it thereby making schooling easy for the poor and broke but tell me how many scholarships Dangote, Adenuga, Arthur Eze, Arthur Nzeribe, IBB, Indimi, Otedola, Razaq, etc have running in Nigerian universities and polytechnics to help poor Nigerian students

Dangote only give small useless alms to only people in his village after becoming rich through Niger Delta crude oil!

Black man is the devil!!!!

Laughable...
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Or11: 11:08am On Oct 06, 2019
7pages:

he must have done something worthwhile to deserved this public appreciation

Or11 on behalf of this my brother, I say thank you

please I need a job too Or11 don't forget to fix and assist a brother with job, my mom is aged and need proper care please

It was nothing big and anyone could have done the same. I wish I could assist you with a job but I don't have connections.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 06, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:
Waoooh this is so inspiring... Read my signature
can i get ladies bag (okrika)
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Jidivent: 11:26am On Oct 06, 2019
how will G-boys/yahoo yahoo make needy pple see help again, which country loves to hear you are from Nigeria,
what a lost country of ours hnmmmm ishhhhhh
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by sodiqtijani80: 11:30am On Oct 06, 2019
Kudos to her
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by PrincessJr(f): 11:42am On Oct 06, 2019
Abcruz:
I am inspired!

He lifts the poor from the dust
and the needy from the garbage dump.

He sets them among princes,
even the princes of his own people!
He gives the childless woman a family,
making her a happy mother.
Praise the LORD!
Psalm 113:7-9
Inspiring quote.
Bravo to her, I admire her generosity and kind heart

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Angelfrost(m): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2019
Nostradamus:
having millions and investments is an achievement.you say gathering wealth isn't an achievement?

Impacting lives is a personal decision.you chose to do it or not,it's not an indication of one's achievements.

You can also impact lives without dropping a kobo.

You don't need to be querulous or pedantic... Just pick the clear and obvious message there, and move on. Life is kinda simple like that!!!
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by damose12(m): 11:44am On Oct 06, 2019
Wonderful. May God bless you
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Phygo(m): 11:45am On Oct 06, 2019
This is pure humanity.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Elton01(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2019
May his grace continue to shine on you..
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Gbemini(m): 11:50am On Oct 06, 2019
God bless u ...if na naija den go give treat and give am message work
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Mariangeles(f): 12:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
mu2sa2:
God replenish your store, madam. Dr Paul please pick a poor child from a remote village and replicate your story.
I believe he will.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by NigeriaB(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
Naughtysite:
The white lady is young and beautiful.

Paul's age ?

31 years
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by onatisi(m): 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2019
this is what life is all about . giving happiness and hope to those around you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by NigeriaB(m): 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2019
seangy4konji:
Which school did he finish from??

Hehehe.... don't even go there ..hehehe

18 years and 6 months ago...now see dis!

Primary school..6 years
High school...6 years

College/medical school = 6 years

Total= 18 years.

NB...if he schooled outside Nigeria, calendar may be a bit faster.

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by DaRuud(m): 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
I pray one useless gal will not use Jaruma charm take hold am

odinceblog:
A Nigerian Based American Lady, Melissa, shares a Touching story of a Nigerian boy who she picked on the street 18 years Ago (abandoned with a disease) she took care of him, treated, trained him in school, now he is a medical Doctor.

Read Her testimony Below;

Guys! I am so excited!!!!! This last week my “adopted” brother became Dr Paul.

Our family first met Anejodo Paul in a small remote village in central Nigeria about 18 1/2 years ago.

I remember my heart breaking when I saw this kid under a tree swatting flies away from the raw and open tissue on his leg that had been caused by a flesh eating bacteria.

Many months later, through the kindness of a donor in the U.S., he was brought to the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife for treatment of his buruli ulcer related disease and complications.

Over a year later, he came home to live with our family so that, at 13 years of age, he could start school. Did I mention he was 13 and starting first grade?

And this week, he got the news that he has passed his final medical school exams.

Thanks to MANY miracles from God, the medical care provided by doctors at the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife, Nigeria, the support of many who contributed to cover his school fees, and other needs through the years, his own persistence in spite of MANY obstacles, he is now Dr. Paul!!!

We are all so proud of you, Paul! And I can’t wait to see where God continues to take you on this crazy journey he has had you on.

https://odinceblog.com/photos-the-boy-i-picked-from-the-street-18-years-ago-is-now-a-medical-doctor-lady-testifies/

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by toluwa1(f): 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2019
Divine helper......

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by shogsman(m): 12:35pm On Oct 06, 2019
How did they save that leg
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Abbey2sam(m): 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2019
Vendee:
Ori ba mi se! Very interesting.

I love reading this kind of story,even though it end up giving me teary eyes
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:54pm On Oct 06, 2019
dancok:
can i get ladies bag (okrika)

This is the bag I have ma"am
Picture below

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by sylve11: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2019
touching and inspiring........... sad cool
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Budline1(m): 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
wirinet:
Same thing madonna did by adopting 6 orphans or abandoned children from Malawi. Today those children are living a life reserved for prince and Princesses.
How many of our billionaires will agree to adopt an orphan. Even their relative's children are living in abject poverty.

That's why the whites are progressing, while the blackman is retrogressing. We are selfish, greedy and unpassionate. Even our so called religiousity is for selfish personal reasons and nothing to do with love and compassion.

True talk. I have never heard any of our top richest men adopt anyone or help anyone in this manner before. Very selfish set of ppl. Everyone is on his own in this country. The white ppl keep saving ppl in this country everyday one way or the other. White ppl have always done this. Watch this movie based on true life story 'Lion'. It has a similar story.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Elamin21(m): 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2019
God will keep blessing u for ur kindness.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by BravoDe: 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2019
dayleke:
Nice story.
Thanks for sharing.

Dr Paul, please spread the kindness too.

Seventh Day Adventist Hospital is a landmark in ile-ife. It's a mission hospital with good records.
God bless the Adventists.

U say?
Lol.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Emmymarvel(m): 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2019
odinceblog:
A Nigerian Based American Lady, Melissa, shares a Touching story of a Nigerian boy who she picked on the street 18 years Ago (abandoned with a disease) she took care of him, treated, trained him in school, now he is a medical Doctor.

Read Her testimony Below;

Guys! I am so excited!!!!! This last week my “adopted” brother became Dr Paul.

Our family first met Anejodo Paul in a small remote village in central Nigeria about 18 1/2 years ago.

I remember my heart breaking when I saw this kid under a tree swatting flies away from the raw and open tissue on his leg that had been caused by a flesh eating bacteria.

Many months later, through the kindness of a donor in the U.S., he was brought to the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife for treatment of his buruli ulcer related disease and complications.

Over a year later, he came home to live with our family so that, at 13 years of age, he could start school. Did I mention he was 13 and starting first grade?

And this week, he got the news that he has passed his final medical school exams.

Thanks to MANY miracles from God, the medical care provided by doctors at the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife, Nigeria, the support of many who contributed to cover his school fees, and other needs through the years, his own persistence in spite of MANY obstacles, he is now Dr. Paul!!!

We are all so proud of you, Paul! And I can’t wait to see where God continues to take you on this crazy journey he has had you on.

https://odinceblog.com/photos-the-boy-i-picked-from-the-street-18-years-ago-is-now-a-medical-doctor-lady-testifies/
And some idiots are somewhere planning to contribute money for one olosho called SimplyTacha
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nostradamus: 2:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
Angelfrost:

You don't need to be querulous or pedantic... Just pick the clear and obvious message there, and move on. Life is kinda simple like that!!!
big and complex grammar cool
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by frozen70g(f): 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
You see now, this boy would have wasted with his talent in the street

Can you imagine a foreigner rescued him for his destiny to shine
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

This is the bag I have ma"am
Picture below
can i see a pair? Or preferably send it to my whatsapp pls 08064357013.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Students Of Nigerian Defence Academy Pictured Going To Class / Is It Okay For Female teacher To Dress Like This Go Class / Breaking News:weac Release This Year Ssce Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.