Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor (68672 Views)

FG Sets 18 Years As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions / Girl Picked From The Slum Of Makoko To A School In Abuja At N1M Fee Annually / "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nostradamus: 9:24am On Oct 06, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Now this is an achievement, having millions in cash and numerous investments without imparting lives is not. God bless you immeasurably!
having millions and investments is an achievement.you say gathering wealth isn't an achievement?

Impacting lives is a personal decision.you chose to do it or not,it's not an indication of one's achievements.

You can also impact lives without dropping a kobo.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by maasoap(m): 9:26am On Oct 06, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
and one idoit Islamic religion will say she will not go to haven say na terrorist go dey haven with 77 virgin

What did your own religion say about not being a Christian or knowing Jesus? Pot calling kettle black, lol
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Ugosample(m): 9:28am On Oct 06, 2019
wiseone28:
I wish i was born in a sane society.

That Angel that carry me come Africa/Nigeria no try
lmao
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by maasoap(m): 9:28am On Oct 06, 2019
Why do they abandon kids like that in that part of the country in the name of being witches and wizards? It is too rampant, it is still the same way just like 18 years ago
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by ahiboilandgas: 9:29am On Oct 06, 2019
maasoap:

What did your own religion say about not being a Christian or knowing Jesus? Pot calling kettle black, lol
including pastors how many of the jet flying scammer called Nigeria pastors can do such ?instead they will be tell the boy parent to pay tithe to be heal .....the both group of rubbish people both scammers and terrorist

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Ugosample(m): 9:29am On Oct 06, 2019
maasoap:

Nigeria has messed up this dude psyche
that is what Nigeria does
mess up your psyche

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by colizee(m): 9:30am On Oct 06, 2019
This is the kind of life everyone should emulate... God bless her you and your family Madam.

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Sophy22(f): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2019
So touching, God please give me the Grace to touch someone's life from nobody to somebody

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by ednut1(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2019
maasoap:
Why do they abandon kids like that in that part of the country in the name of being witches and wizards? It is too rampant, it is still the same way just like 18 years ago
the family probably had no money to take care of him. He should not have been abandoned sha

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by jaxxy(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2019
This is so great. Be positive and have a positive effect on others.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2019
And who says God would not continue to bless Americans? These people would leave their comfort zones and come to Africa to render selfless help. Then first time I stepped my feet onto the American soil over 15 years ago for The first time , i asked myself, if the earth could be this beautiful with such loving set of people,i wonder how would heaven look like. My success today is linked to the american people whom God used to help me, not minding my roots and background. I met a white man in California at an exhibition and I told him my plans and projects in Nigeria. This man took it up, not minding the risks involved. He supported me with all I needed and taught me to do same , not hoping to expect anything in return. I was glad to know that his company is among the best 400 in then world as Forbes announced this man as one of the new comers on the world's billionaires list.

Here in Africa, especially in nigeria, we are so selfish and wicked and that's why most of their investments hardly outlive them. Where the poor guy now a doctor hails from, there would be governor, senator, local government chairman, councillors who were busy heaping money into their accounts without thinking of people like him. Until we begin to learn how to show love in this country, we shouldn't expect any development. We're merely deceiving ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Jephyard(m): 9:37am On Oct 06, 2019
This is an Igala name. Kogi State to be precise. God please send more angels in human form should go to that state. So many are suffering.

About marrying a white lady. Making sense!

2 Likes

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Antichristus: 9:40am On Oct 06, 2019
The life was this boy would have been completely wasted if he didn't encounter this lady. How many lives have been wasted through bad governance not only in Nigeria but across the African continent? This is why I consider Nigeria eternally doomed.

2 Likes

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Horbasco(m): 9:41am On Oct 06, 2019
what a marvelous GOD, the GOD of divine connection
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by sinceraconcept(m): 9:41am On Oct 06, 2019
Hmmmmmn,i can't say more than that. I Don't even know what to say. May God reward you woman.

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by millhouse: 9:45am On Oct 06, 2019
And some people are gathering themselves to go and raise money for a Tacha so where ...
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by netflicks(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2019
More of these little helpless children spreads across the country with no help from the govt nor it agencies all they speak off is budgeting funds for unrealistic ghost programs without carrying it out....
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Evercurious(f): 9:51am On Oct 06, 2019
dayleke:
Nice story.
Thanks for sharing.

Dr Paul, please spread the kindness too.

Seventh Day Adventist Hospital is a landmark in ile-ife. It's a mission hospital with good records.
God bless the Adventists.

Thats one of the churches I respect

2 Likes

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by dave4rella(m): 9:57am On Oct 06, 2019
TheSourcerer:
Fvck

Mad man, have you skipped your drugs again?
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Ambitious21: 9:59am On Oct 06, 2019
odinceblog:
A Nigerian Based American Lady, Melissa, shares a Touching story of a Nigerian boy who she picked on the street 18 years Ago (abandoned with a disease) she took care of him, treated, trained him in school, now he is a medical Doctor.

Read Her testimony Below;

Guys! I am so excited!!!!! This last week my “adopted” brother became Dr Paul.

Our family first met Anejodo Paul in a small remote village in central Nigeria about 18 1/2 years ago.

I remember my heart breaking when I saw this kid under a tree swatting flies away from the raw and open tissue on his leg that had been caused by a flesh eating bacteria.

Many months later, through the kindness of a donor in the U.S., he was brought to the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife for treatment of his buruli ulcer related disease and complications.

Over a year later, he came home to live with our family so that, at 13 years of age, he could start school. Did I mention he was 13 and starting first grade?

And this week, he got the news that he has passed his final medical school exams.

Thanks to MANY miracles from God, the medical care provided by doctors at the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife, Nigeria, the support of many who contributed to cover his school fees, and other needs through the years, his own persistence in spite of MANY obstacles, he is now Dr. Paul!!!

We are all so proud of you, Paul! And I can’t wait to see where God continues to take you on this crazy journey he has had you on.

https://odinceblog.com/photos-the-boy-i-picked-from-the-street-18-years-ago-is-now-a-medical-doctor-lady-testifies/
[color=#006600][/color]. The best news ever on this platform..[quote author=Evercurious post=8288
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by m140(m): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2019
TsaTrinity:
These are the kinda people that make life Sweet

Most people want you to do good but not better than them
#TruthOfTrinity
What about you?
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Tpresh(f): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Now this is an achievement, having millions in cash and numerous investments without imparting lives is not. God bless you immeasurably!

You can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by wirinet(m): 10:01am On Oct 06, 2019
Same thing madonna did by adopting 6 orphans or abandoned children from Malawi. Today those children are living a life reserved for prince and Princesses.
How many of our billionaires will agree to adopt an orphan. Even their relative's children are living in abject poverty.

That's why the whites are progressing, while the blackman is retrogressing. We are selfish, greedy and unpassionate. Even our so called religiousity is for selfish personal reasons and nothing to do with love and compassion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by blazetour1: 10:12am On Oct 06, 2019
This is so remarkable and gladens my heart that selfless people will go to great length to impart a life. This is truly amazing.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by South10: 10:12am On Oct 06, 2019
Dis is a great news, such actions should be encouraged always!. Congratulations Doctor!!

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by AreaFada2: 10:13am On Oct 06, 2019
How nice.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Knsley(m): 10:13am On Oct 06, 2019
wiseone28:
I wish i was born in a sane society.

That Angel that carry me come Africa/Nigeria no try
Na Bleep up Angel be that
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by akdjr(m): 10:19am On Oct 06, 2019
Very thoughtful of her. May God continue to bless u more dear. Thank God we can now read and write if not Oyinbo for package this story for us say na one virgin born am without having intercourse just to come and save the humanity.

According to Buddhist, human and put here on Earth to help one another and if you can't help the other don't hurt the person.

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Pimiento(m): 10:20am On Oct 06, 2019
The only good news I've heard in a long while. Guess what? Na oyinbo woman.

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by eejo(m): 10:37am On Oct 06, 2019
This is what I called empowerment, not N power and Trader Moni. woman GOD bless you a million times. Nigeria can change your destiny, if you have the means get out.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by noziz(m): 10:39am On Oct 06, 2019
enemmo:
Front page loading...Let me book my slot

Who be dis sef?
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by CalabarPikin: 10:39am On Oct 06, 2019
My desire everyday is to impact lives just like even more than this....

Oluwa....pls answer my call

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Students Of Nigerian Defence Academy Pictured Going To Class / Is It Okay For Female teacher To Dress Like This Go Class / Breaking News:weac Release This Year Ssce Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.