Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo (32267 Views)

Kabiru Adjoto Threatens Hope Uzodinma, Tells Him To Steer Clear Of The State / Don’t Bring Back Ruga If You Don’t Want Nigeria To Disintegrate– Clark Warns PMB / Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Ojiofor: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2019
TempleHouse:

But how can you help a region or tribe who are happy to play second fiddle
How many VP Igbo nation have provided since independence
Ekwueme, Zik, Sylvester , Okadigbo, Obi. .just name them.
Igbo people think they're inferior to other regions.
They need to be bold and ambitious and aspires not only to be a traders, but a leader !

The same way Bakare was VP,Osibanjo current VP.
Tinubu an aspiring VP.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by achikolo(f): 11:53am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

Regional politics gave us MKO landslide win, Sonekan , Obasanjos 8 years Osinbajo vice 8 years, so what exactly has serving PDP given you?
[/s]
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Ojiofor: 11:56am On Oct 06, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Regional politics gave us MKO landslide win, Sonekan , Obasanjos 8 years Osinbajo vice 8 years, so what exactly has serving PDP given you?
Regional politics have only given you a VP.Obasanjo was not as a result of regional politics rather out nationaal consideration and that includes Sonekan.
As for Abiola=null and void.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by mildflame: 11:56am On Oct 06, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Hahahaaa 2023 inside edwin clarks family.house abi?

Because ibo no fit smell aso rock, which party delegates would dare touch an ibo man at the primaries not to talk of voting
Hahaha...that was how they laughed and Jonathan became President
Hahahaha...and PMB after how many times is now President
Hahahahaha it will be when an IBO man becomes President.....make u de play GOD, Ogbeni you Neva jam

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by richie240: 11:57am On Oct 06, 2019
isthatso:

actually you are wrong, the problem with the ibo presidency isnt qualified suitable candidates, there are many bright Ibo men that would be good presidents as individuals, what will stop them from becoming president is belonging to a group of people called igbo.

[b]lections are about 2 things trust and numbers... the Igbos are tainted politically[/b]and they dont have the numbers, you can make all the noise you want but an Ibo presidency is DOA in the foreseeable future in the current climate.
Trust! Trust!! Trust!!!
That is d crux of the matter. you've hit d nail right on d head!
Other regions (even d usually liberal sw) have bn woken by what happened during gej's govt; how it was hijacked by d SE. If that could happen even when gej was not from SE, what would happen if the post now falls directly into their laps? Nor be say other regions don buy market be dt?
How I wish 'trust' can be bought in d market.
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by ScotMisile: 11:59am On Oct 06, 2019
Binikingdowm:
What about a Benin man or Ibibio man or tiv person? Must it always be hausa-yoruba-igbo?
... And Dr. Good luck Jonathan 8s from where?

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by solmusdesigns: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ojiofor:

Regional politics have only given you a VP.Obasanjo was not as a result of regional politics rather out nationaal consideration and that includes Sonekan.
As for Abiola=null and void.

Lets even agree to save time from arguement... only VP

What have you ibos gotten for decades of deligently serving PDP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2019
with all the wealth in igbo's hand igbo presidency would widen the wealth gap between igbos and other races in nigeria so i dont support it
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by nku5: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2019
kelly72:

After restructuring, you still need quality leaders to help Nigeria harness the gains from it. Igbos have such leaders in abundance and we are putting them forward. So speak about what you know and leave what is bigger than your understanding.

After restructuring I will be not be interested in Nigeria first. I will be focused on the province in my region and I will be closer to the decision makers. The people in charge of power and roads will not be hiding in Abuja 700 miles away

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Solatium(m): 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
If the SW are contesting the 2023 presidency then nothing stops the North from contesting as well.Both regions are equally greedy.People from the SW should stop potraying northeners only as power drunk and stop mentioning southern presidency when what they really mean is yoruba presidency

You guy's never believe in the Union,you never wished others well,you always stand aloof which is evident in your political position over the years,you have always been anti establishment,Now that the food is ready you expect others to spoon feed you?
it can't work,Your aspirations is DOA,you can come back in 20yrs time under the condition that you must integrated yourself politically and stop the hate towards other tribe,it is then you can be considered

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by solmusdesigns: 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
mildflame:

Hahaha...that was how they laughed and Jonathan became President
Hahahaha...and PMB after how many times is now President
Hahahahaha it will be when an IBO man becomes President.....make u de play GOD, Ogbeni you Neva jam

Ibo that cant even get PDP ticket after decades of deligent serving
Hahahaaa no one trust ibo.. thats fact
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by mildflame: 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
surgical:
Abeg drum it to their ear if you know them ,it is their birth right,not negotiable,if other regions could have it ,why Not Ibo,why change the rule that was used for others,when it's now the turn of the Ibos
Please forget the false negatives that the South West will not support the Ibos,it is a big lie ,I am from SW and many from SW also share this view like, afeninifere and moderate SW.just present a good candidate who is not greedy and can carry along everybody and leave the rest

I am not from the SE too but a Nigerian that shares in in your line of thinking as per 2023
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by solmusdesigns: 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2019
richie240:

Trust! Trust!! Trust!!!
That is d crux of the matter. you've hit d nail right on d head!
Other regions (even d usually liberal sw) have bn woken by what happened during gej's govt; how it was hijacked by d SE. If that could happen even when gej was not from SE, what would happen if the post now falls directly into their laps? Nor be say everybody don buy market be dt?
How I wish 'trust' can be bought in d market.

PDP was once a truly national party until ibos started turning wadata plaza into ibo confrence.center

So don't blame us for not trusting them with power
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by nku5: 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:
Do you not see the quality of life you igbo have

The whole world sees it even UN don kwere

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Ojiofor: 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2019
Simbrixton:
GEJ got into power on the back of obasanjo tinubu and many more yorubas yet the region got nothing during his presidency that fact must not be lost on anyone

GEJ thinks otherwise or they the one that killed Yaradua?
You can only claim you put GEJ there if you claim responsibility for Yaradua's death.
Constitutionally vp takes over power if the president dies in office.
If you can do it for our GEJ why not do it for your own vp Osibanjo?Kill Bubu for Osibanjo to take over same way you killed Yaradua for GEJ to take over power grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by achikolo(f): 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

PDP was once a truly national party until ibos started turning wadata plaza into ibo confrence.center

So don't blame us for not trusting them with power
[/s]
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by achikolo(f): 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

Ibo that cant even get PDP ticket after decades of deligent serving
Hahahaaa no one trust ibo.. thats fact
[/s]
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Ojiofor: 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Igbos will be appreciated by PDP when the time comes.
If PDP had won last election Peter Obi would have been vp now.
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
nku5:

After restructuring I will be not be interested in Nigeria first. I will be focused on the province in my region and I will be closer to the decision makers. The people in charge of power and roads will not be hiding in Abuja 700 miles away

The problem with restructuring is that it will not happen until it is perceived to be in the interest of the North. That will likely only happen when the resources in other regions have dried up. the other problem with your analysis is that (assuming you are Ibo) SE does not have land, that which exists is tied up in cultural norms, so they are destined to migrate to other lands. This is why the Ibo man is the most migrant tribe of all the Nigerian tribes. Ultimately even with restructuring you most likely will still have to seek your fortunes outside the SE.

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by achikolo(f): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

[/s]
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ojiofor:

GEJ thinks otherwise or they the one that killed Yaradua?
You can only claim you put GEJ there if you claim responsibility for Yaradua's death.
Constitutionally vp takes over power if the president dies in office.
If you can do it for our GEJ why not do it for your own vp Osibanjo?Kill Bubu for Osibanjo to take over same way you killed Yaradua for GEJ to take over power grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
oh mr troll where was u when turai yaradua and other northerners wanted to keep hold of power unconstitutionally and yes obasanjo nominated jonathan has vp that is a fact you cant wish away nwanne u can only try you cant wish it away and no yoruba was in jonathan's power circle NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by nku5: 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
Simbrixton:
with all the wealth in igbo's hand igbo presidency would widen the wealth gap between igbos and other races in nigeria so i dont support it

This thinking is responsible for why Nigeria Is a failed state coming apart little by little everyday.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by paj4love: 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
isthatso:

called for by who? you get what you earn. This is a democracy, if people trust you they will vote for you, you cant bully people into voting for you. you cant reign insults and hate and expect these same people to vote for you.

There is nothing in the constitution that says power must shift to the SE or the SW.

I have always said this, the north will never vote for Ibo and now because of the noise of the last 4 years neither will the SW, so how do you get the votes to become president?

Ibo will not become president in 2023 or the nearest future and nothing will happen. i will even go as far as to say that Ibos have made themselves unelectable as president of Nigeria...so long as there is a Nigeria.
Clap for yourself...... Anu npam
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
Adaibeku:

All political party or we secede ..

I am loving this , u yorubas can join fulanis to fight us back to zoogeria grin

Is me ur Devil
We have to start telling future generations that war is bad! When war comes, no female like you, will be drafted at the battle-fronts. We, the male will be drafted! So, allow the males to decide! So, Ada, go to Romance subforum!
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Ojiofor: 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
Simbrixton:
oh mr troll where was u when turai yaradua and other northerners wanted to keep hold of power unconstitutionally and yes obasanjo nominated jonathan has vp that is a fact you cant wish away nwanne u can only try you cant wish it away and no yoruba was in jonathan's power circle NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Na you dey troll me upandan check who is quoting who.
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Dre555: 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2019
Adaibeku:
shut up. Have u forgotten how the first one ended? U will loose again n again n again

U don't get it !

we igbos aren't voting any stupid Igbo president ! Is ur duty and dat of fulani to bring him out and vote him, make him win ! Or we form our country grin grin

Join fulani and bring the second civilwar
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2019
nku5:

This thinking is responsible for why Nigeria Is a failed state coming apart little by little everyday.
i beg to disagree greed is why the world is in a sorry state i watched my dad cry for 16 years when he was in nepa his igbo subordinates got promotion ahead of him because he was yoruba today i see white policemen kill blacks in racial profiling i say no to the encouragement of racism in nigeria igbos are racists and must never have power

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ojiofor:

Na you dey troll me upandan check who is quoting who.
ha but obasanjo nominated jonathan ibo for once be honest

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ojiofor:

Igbos will be appreciated by PDP when the time comes.
If PDP had won last election Peter Obi would have been vp now.

Ibos will begin to make progress politically when they stop acting based on emotions. I have said this over and over.....appointing Obi as VP candidate was the death nail on Atiku's candidacy. it was always going to be tough to unseat Buhari but appointing Obi killed any hope he had. it was the most stupid move Atiku made. i have said this over and over so i wont go into it but when you select a VP you consider how he helps you win, how he helps you get votes. Obi offered nothing Atiku/PDP didnt already have. The SE were never going to vote for APC so selecting Obi added no new votes from from the SE or other regions. Atiku needed votes from other regions not SE votes. In the end he even got less votes in the SE than in 2015...imagine!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by bangbangall: 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:
Anybody can come out. It is a contest, not a title.

Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Ojiofor: 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
Simbrixton:
ha but obasanjo nominated jonathan ibo for once be honest

OBJ is a national asset.You belongs to Tinubu.
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ojiofor:

OBJ is a national asset.You belongs to Tinubu.
guy you funny

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Osinbajo At The 55th Anniversary Of NBA (Pics) / Murray-Bruce Cruises On Small Boat To Get To His Constituency (Photos) / Dogara Heads Back To House Of Reps, Wins 2 of 3 LGAs - NIGERIAN TRIBUNE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.