Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo (32266 Views)

Kabiru Adjoto Threatens Hope Uzodinma, Tells Him To Steer Clear Of The State / Don’t Bring Back Ruga If You Don’t Want Nigeria To Disintegrate– Clark Warns PMB / Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Ojiofor: 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
isthatso:

[s]Ibos will begin to make progress politically when they stop acting based on emotions. I have said this over and over.....appointing Obi as VP candidate was the death nail on Atiku's candidacy. it was always going to be tough to unseat Buhari but appointing Obi killed any hope he had. it was the most stupid move Atiku made. i have said this over and over so i wont go into it but when you select a VP you consider how he helps you win, how he helps you get votes. Obi offered nothing Atiku/PDP didnt already have. The SE were never going to vote for APC so selecting Obi added no new votes from from the SE or other regions. Atiku needed votes from other regions not SE votes. In the end he even got less votes in the SE than in 2015...imagine![/s]

Atiku and Obi was rigged out by Buhari the whole world knows that.
Even in your Yorubaland they voted Obi and Atiku massively.The emotions you are talking about is in your head it does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Morenikeji070: 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2019
Lol who is this?

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by nku5: 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2019
isthatso:

The problem with restructuring is that it will not happen until it is perceived to be in the interest of the North. That will likely only happen when the resources in other regions have dried up. the other problem with your analysis is that (assuming you are Ibo) SE does not have land, that which exists is tied up in cultural norms, so they are destined to migrate to other lands. This is why the Ibo man is the most migrant tribe of all the Nigerian tribes. Ultimately even with restructuring you most likely will still have to seek your fortunes outside the SE.

Restructuring will happen when other tribes speak with one voice whether the north likes it or not. If not for Tinubu and Obasanjo who killed the agitation for selfish political reasons, SW were ready for war by 1999 to achieve restructuring at least or Oduduwa Republic. SW was rewarded with OBJ for 8 years and it's problems actually increased despite that fact. That's why I ask who Presidency epp?

I totally disagree with the assertion that SE does not have land to accomodate everybody. All it takes is planning by serious leaders. Even if some Igbos want to live outside their region I can assure you that when we all control our resources you wont even care that Igbos are in Lagos. Imagine that SW ports and waterways which are in the hands of the north 100% and yields billions of naira to the FG controlled by the north was going straight to SW coffers. Yorubas would be balling like Dubai

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by TempleHouse: 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2019
It seems Igbo have lost it as the only opportunity to work with the SW to be a serious contestant has been lost during the last election in Lagos.
Their support for Obi @ VP did not count as the massive voting in Lagos was thrown away, though Nigeria Police are still investigating.
Igbo Nation need to know that Igbo Presidency will never materialise without Yoruba support.
They have tried the North several times, yet the highest level they got is VP without any democratic dividend.
The Igbo nation are already flirting to produce VP in 2023,instead of opening a dialogue with the Yoruba nation on how to consolidate to force the North to accept the Igbo candidacy.
Mohammed Buhari tried 4 times with the SS and SE, but not until the Yoruba political elites (Tinubu &co)got involved with the midas touch that brought him to Aso Rock.
In 2023, Igbo nation will start the crocodile tears again when the onus is on them to strategise as early as possible.
I will be happy to see an Igbo man to make history but I hope Igbo nation will get it right before it is too late for this generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2019
TempleHouse:
It seems Igbo have lost it as the only opportunity to work with the SW to be a serious contestant has been lost during the last election in Lagos.
Their support for Obi @ VP did not count as the massive voting in Lagos was thrown away, though Nigeria Police are still investigating.
Igbo Nation need to know that Igbo Presidency will never materialise without Yoruba support.
They have tried the North several times, yet the highest level they got is VP without any democratic dividend.
The Igbo nation are already flirting to produce VP in 2023,instead of opening a dialogue with the Yoruba nation on how to consolidate to force the North to accept the Igbo candidacy.
Mohammed Buhari tried 4 times with the SS and SE, but not until the Yoruba political elites (Tinubu &co)got involved with the midas touch that brought him to Aso Rock.
In 2023, Igbo nation will start the crocodile tears again when the onus is on them to strategise as early as possible.
I will be happy to see an Igbo man to make history but I hope Igbo nation will get it right before it is too late for this generation.
north are stupid if they support igbo after killing sardauna

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ojiofor:

Atiku and Obi was rigged out by Buhari the whole world knows that.
Even in your Yorubaland they voted Obi and Atiku massively.The emotions you are talking about is in your head it does not exist.

There are a lot of Ibos in yoruba land. keeping making noise, keep thinking and talking with your heart not your head, we will be here in 2029 talking about the elusive Ibo presidency. I make a bold prediction here: if you continue with your collective mindset, another southern minority (from the SS) will become president before an Ibo man!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by nku5: 12:31pm On Oct 06, 2019
Simbrixton:
i beg to disagree greed is why the world is in a sorry state i watched my dad cry for 16 years when he was in nepa his igbo subordinates got promotion ahead of him because he was yoruba today i see white policemen kill blacks in racial profiling i say no to the encouragement of racism in nigeria igbos are racists and must never have power

I can assure you that i know Igbos who have experienced the same things at the hands of Yorubas in their places of work. It will continue to happen to all tribes because Nigeria as structured has failed.

Igbos don't need power, Igbos need restructuring. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 06, 2019
Simbrixton:
north are stupid if they support igbo after killing sardauna

If there is one thing the north arent, it is being stupid politically. They made the mistake once with GEJ allowing him to sneak into the presidency with igbos and they will not do it again

this is what the Ibos forget. They remember civil war even those werent born, but they think they are the only ones with memory, that the north have forgotten or will ever forget that they killed thier 2 leaders in one go. and the only hope they had the SW who really had no animosity towards them theyve bombarded with hate since 2015....and they think we dont have memory.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 12:32pm On Oct 06, 2019
nku5:

Restructuring will happen when other tribes speak with one voice whether the north likes it or not. If not for Tinubu and Obasanjo who killed the agitation for selfish political reasons, SW were ready for war by 1999 to achieve restructuring at least or Oduduwa Republic. SW was rewarded with OBJ for 8 years and it's problems actually increased despite that fact. That's why I ask who Presidency epp?

I totally disagree with the assertion that SE does not have land to accomodate everybody. All it takes is planning by serious leaders. Even if some Igbos want to live outside their region I can assure you that when we all control our resources you wont even care that Igbos are in Lagos. Imagine that SW ports and waterways which are in the hands of the north 100% and yields billions of naira to the FG controlled by the north was going straight to SW coffers. Yorubas would be balling like Dubai
i agree with you on restructuring i believe you live outside yorubaland
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by solmusdesigns: 12:32pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ojiofor:

Igbos will be appreciated by PDP when the time comes.
If PDP had won last election Peter Obi would have been vp now.

grin

Future imposible tense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by ChidiAlaigbo: 12:32pm On Oct 06, 2019
kettykin:
[b]Igbos should get ready to either be elected as the president of Nigeria in 2023 [/b]or take a final walk out of Nigeria. Anything short of this is satanic, xenophobic and anti people

I hope they have formed their Igbo political party cause I a'int voting no igboman, though I am Igbo! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by EeyanMayweather(m): 12:32pm On Oct 06, 2019
nku5:

Compared to other regions it is not at all. Especially in terms of the indices I listed and a couple others
Which yeye indices....
Is it electricity, good roads or water
And the pattern of migration speaks volume.
People and even animals move from misery or dryness towards prosperity. Not the other way.
If your place was an el dorado like you falsely claim, Other Nigerians 'll be trooping there en mass for survival .

Nigerians know the truth. You can only only deceive yourself and beat your dry chest

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by nku5: 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2019
Simbrixton:
i agree with you on restructuring i believe you live outside yorubaland

Yes I live outside yorubaland

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2019
isthatso:

If there is one thing the north arent, it is being stupid politically. They made the mistake once with GEJ allowing him to sneak into the presidency with igbos and they will not do it again

this is what the Ibos forget. They remember civil war even those werent born, but they think they are the only ones with memory, that the north have forgotten or will ever forget that they killed thier 2 leaders in one go. and the only hope they had the SW who really had no animosity towards them theyve bombarded with hate since 2015.
they love to hate us
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by nku5: 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2019
EeyanMayweather:

Which yeye indices....
Is it electricity, good roads or water
And the pattern of migration speaks volume.
People and even animals move from misery or dryness towards prosperity. Not the other way.
If your place was an el dorado like you false claim, Other Nigerians 'll be trooping there en mass for survival .

Nigerians know the truth. You can only only deceive yourself and beat your dry chest

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2019
nku5:

I can assure you that i know Igbos who have experienced the same things at the hands of Yorubas in their places of work. It will continue to happen to all tribes because Nigeria as structured has failed.

very rarely does a yoruba man take promote his tribe over merit, very rarely does an Ibo man choose merit over tribe. That there are exceptions does not invalidate this.

This is why the Igbo can thrive in yoruba land wheras the opposite is the case in Igbo land

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by achikolo(f): 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

grin

Future imposible tense
[/s]
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2019
nku5:

we can choose to love one another preach african unity as well but i agree we need restructuring deperately the south west can become a tourist destination for europeans if we controlled our resources
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2019
Simbrixton:
they love to hate us

Nobody is born with hate. people are programmed to hate or by actions they see

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Dareal90s(m): 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ojiofor:

You have one vote.I have my PVC too.no be only you get am.
Come force me vote Thıef Tonubu the bullion van thief and drug lord.
If u wanna vote in SW nd don't vote for Tinubu or Osinbajo we gonna do same thing we did during this last election, u guys won't vote. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by ChidiAlaigbo: 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2019
selemempe:
An Igbo president is good but Biafra is better

you will get neither!

lzaa immhotep already know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by ChidiAlaigbo: 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
Racoon:
Leave this shitty talk about a 2023 presidency. Restructure this hellhole of a country or let every region be on its own.

e no go better for Aguiyi Nrozi !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Dareal90s(m): 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ttipsy:
you sound so mischievous.

fortunately if ipob call for Biafra now, you shiver, isn't that stupidity??
Wrong word, we discipline IPOB, we don't shiver, someone who is shiver can't discipline na. Python still alive mehn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by mildflame: 12:44pm On Oct 06, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Ibo that cant even get PDP ticket after decades of deligent serving
Hahahaaa no one trust ibo.. thats fact
" No one trust IBO"...speak for yourself, I don't know what Ibos must have done to you but in politics there is nothing like trust or enemies only INTEREST and you interest is greatly insignificant
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Ojiofor: 12:45pm On Oct 06, 2019
Dareal90s:

If u wanna vote in SW nd don't vote for Tinubu or Osinbajo we gonna do same thing we did during this last election, u guys won't vote. grin

Table go so turn,so don't worry.
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 06, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:

e no go better for Aguiyi Nrozi !

Like i said generally (because there are few exceptions) the Igbo man when it comes to politics makes decisions that ultimately put him in a worse situation than he was before.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by nku5: 12:46pm On Oct 06, 2019
Simbrixton:
we can choose to love one another preach african unity as well but i agree we need restructuring deperately the south west can become a tourist destination for europeans if we controlled our resources

N1 Trillion Naira in 2018 shocked

Imagine if this went into SW roads. Just imagine...

See eh all this quarrel of Igbo this Yoruba that all comes from competition. If we are all prosperous fight no go dey.

I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by nku5: 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2019
isthatso:

Nobody is born with hate. people are programmed to hate or by actions they see

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Ojiofor: 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2019
isthatso:

[s]There are a lot of Ibos in yoruba land. keeping making noise, keep thinking and talking with your heart not your head, we will be here in 2029 talking about the elusive Ibo presidency. I make a bold prediction here: if you continue with your collective mindset, another southern minority (from the SS) will become president before an Ibo man![/s]

Trash!
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by nku5: 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
isthatso:

very rarely does a yoruba man take promote his tribe over merit, very rarely does an Ibo man choose merit over tribe. That there are exceptions does not invalidate this.

This is why the Igbo can thrive in yoruba land wheras the opposite is the case in Igbo land

Na lie

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
nku5:

N1 Trillion Naira in 2018 shocked

Imagine if this went into SW roads. Just imagine...

See eh all this quarrel of Igbo this Yoruba that all comes from competition. If we are all prosperous fight no go dey.

I rest my case
walahi i agree i wish yoruba and igbos were friends

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Queseda: 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
Let me chip in this for those who have ears to listen:
Any SE presidential candidate besides Rochas Okorocha is bad market for any political party. Listen and listen good, Rochas is the only Igbo politician with widespread acceptability outside of SE coz he has shown he's detribalised, and a bridge-builder, hence the reason he's more like an outcast in his region because he 'hobnobs' with the so-called 'enemies'....lol
Based on this premise, the two leading parties will want to win at all cost in 2023 and any party fielding any candidate from SE(apart from Rochas) is at a big disadvantage because of the kind of politics they've played over time, that's the reason why PDP already zoned the party's ticket to the North.
APC meanwhile, would find it necessary to reward the SW for being the only region from the South where it has a good standing, with the party's ticket rather than giving it to any other region in the South. As a matter of fact, APC would rather give its ticket to a candidate from the North than either the SE or SS in the event that the ticket doesn't go to the SW
The only way to have an Igbo presidency as it stands is for both leading parties to present an Igbo candidate which will not happen because:
I) PDP is desperate to get back to power, any attempt by APC to give the ticket to SE (never gonna happen) will give PDP a huge advantage if their own candidate is from the North
II) APC wants to retain power by any means, any attempt by PDP to present a candidate from SE (1 in a million chance) will be countered with a Northern or SW candidate because giving APC ticket to a zone where PDP has a record of sweeping votes by almost 90% is insane and wouldn't give APC any advantage
This is the undiluted truth, emotions won't change anything

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Hamid Ali Flying First Class - Premium Times / Osinbajo At The 55th Anniversary Of NBA (Pics) / Murray-Bruce Cruises On Small Boat To Get To His Constituency (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.