Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo (32278 Views)

Kabiru Adjoto Threatens Hope Uzodinma, Tells Him To Steer Clear Of The State / Don’t Bring Back Ruga If You Don’t Want Nigeria To Disintegrate– Clark Warns PMB / Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by solmusdesigns: 11:31am On Oct 06, 2019
Sylraph1:
By right it is thier turn to rule but unfortunately,thier brothers fron the other side won't give them the support they gave them during thier own time Cos of greed, cowardice and thier betraying Spirt..
Actually am comfortable if the North retain Power after all they are still NIGERIANS.....

BUHARI TILL 2099
SAI BABA

Lol you wey una people never near aso rock before since them built am they.tell us weting they buhari mind for 2023

Oga southwest 2023

3 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Dareal90s(m): 11:31am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:
When I told south west that south south won't support their ambition they said delta n Edo would I laugh this is a deltan

Now 2 zones are out so if north betray the south west who do they fall to ?
Must SW fall to anyone? Yoruba's are independent by birth, they do their things without asking anyone for help. In short other regions ar d ones always needing SW help so stfu.

4 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by emfem(m): 11:32am On Oct 06, 2019
Edwin Clark is an Author of confusion, I could remember the time Jonathan was picked as the running mate to the late Yaradua, he opposed it, and when God did it that Jonathan became the President, he tried his best to set confusion between Jonathan and Obasanjo which made it impossible for Jonathan to come back after four years of ruling. Edwin Clark is looking for relevance but this idea can not help him cos he is an old fool that need to be disgrace publicly.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by wink2015(m): 11:32am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:
Chief Edwin Clark, a nationalist who served under former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, as Federal Commissioner for Information, in this interview, speaks on the need for true federalism and why zoning of the nation’s presidency is paramount among other issues. Excerpts:

[/b]Let us talk about the state of the nation…
[b]

Things are very bad but we thank God that we are surviving and we remain united. The challenges are however many. Today, the country seems to be divided religiously and ethnically despite the fact that we all talk about unity. Security challenge is growing. The situation has not been effectively controlled. About four years ago, we were talking about Boko Haram in the North-East, and we felt that, with the promise made by the ruling party for ‘change’ and having the country being headed by a former military Head of State, Boko Haram would be a thing of the past. But, today, Boko Haram is still a problem. And apart from Boko Haram, we can see what is going on in the North-West, especially in Sokoto and Katsina. People are being killed, maimed and kidnapped. In Taraba, Plateau and Benue states, the situation is not different. We have, today, in the South, herdsmen ransacking everywhere, harassing maiming, kidnapping and raping women. Things are not normal.

[/b]Is this the Nigeria our heroes past foresaw when they fought for independence?[b]

I will say no because in the First Republic, even though we had some problems, the unity of Nigeria was very much guaranteed. During the pre-independence era, we were working together until 1953 when Tony Enahoro moved the motion for the independence of Nigeria and the Northern Region walked out of parliament. The British government invited Nigerian leaders to London for the 1954 and 1957 conferences and so on which led us to independence in 1960. During the period, there was peace and each of the regions was developing at its own pace while revenue allocation was based on what you produced in your area. You keep 50 percent of the allocation while the remaining 50 percent goes to the Federal Government. And of the 50 percent that goes to the Federal Government, 20 percent is kept by the Federal Government while the remaining 30 percent is shared among other regions. Until 1963 when the Mid-West Region was created, each of the regions had its own Constitution and Agent General in London. Today, you find that one of the houses acquired by the Western Nigerian government in those days is part of the Nigeria High Commission in London. Then, there was neither envy nor hatred. Both Muslims and Christians were living in peace and harmony. But when the Army struck, problem started. Then General Gowon came into power in 1966 and there was problem. The killing of prominent Nigerian politicians resulted into the counter-coup of July 1966, leading to the Aburi Accord in 1967 which did not materialise. General Gowon created 12 states after the civil war. So, today, we have 36 states including the Federal Capital. Perhaps, those who fought for independence in 1960 when we got it never envisaged that, 59 years after, Nigeria will still be so much divided and there would be many challenges. Now there is hunger; unemployment has risen to 23 percent; Fulani herdsmen carry AK 47 around and we were told they are from Libya, Burkina Faso and Mali among others and these people have been allowed to come into Nigeria untouched. The next thing we heard was that they wanted RUGA in the 36 states of the federation, meaning that these Fulani herdsmen would now be settled in the 36 states. Nigerians kicked against it, and it was suspended; but we hope it would be suspended forever because it could divide this country

[/b]What then are the chances of the South-West in 2023?[b]

They should stop thinking of becoming the President of Nigeria. What does Tinubu have to offer that the people of the South-East cannot offer? What is the justification for them to become the President of Nigeria? Is it because they belong to the APC? They should not be thinking of how to divide Nigeria. We must all unite and have respect for ourselves. The South-West should allow other people to have a taste of power. There is no way the South-West would be better than the South-East on the 2023 presidency.

[/b]What is the way forward?[b]

Let us practice true federalism in this country. Let every Nigerian have a sense of belonging. Without restructuring, the future is bleak. You remember the other day Mr. President said ‘if we do not kill corruption, corruption will kill us’. I also believe that if we do not restructure this country, non-restructuring of Nigeria will kill Nigeria. In a situation where some people feel they are superior to others, we don’t have a country. Nobody wants to be a slave to another person. Let the elders of the country meet from time to time to discuss the challenges of Nigeria. Like former President Olusegun Obasanjo, I have advocated that all stakeholders, including youths and women, have a roundtable to discuss the security of this country. What is happening in the North-East and North-West should not be regarded as a northern affair but a Nigerian affair because, sooner or later, it will happen to all of us.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/10/zoning-row-steer-clear-of-2023-presidency-for-igbo-clark-warns-yoruba-north/

Nice share
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 11:32am On Oct 06, 2019
Ojiofor:

I know for certainty that, there will never be another Yoruba president of Nigeria until Igbos have one.I don't care about your biased opinion.
If you think Nigeria presidency will be rotated between Fulani and Yoruba while Igbo stand aside and look you ain't serious.
igbos have had one when jonathan ruled what position did yoruba get at the time? ahaha u think say na only ona wise?

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by achikolo(f): 11:33am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

And how many votes could they deliver for APC in 2015 and 2019 to deserve party ticket when Yoruba are there gidigba
[/s]
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by achikolo(f): 11:33am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

Lol you wey una people never near aso rock before since them built am they.tell us weting they buhari mind for 2023

Oga southwest 2023
[/s]
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 11:34am On Oct 06, 2019
i will support an igbo presidency that will develop the outh east and encourage igbos in lagos to migrate back to the east and this presidential flagbearer needs to campaign about it openly imagine land in ajah is now 16 million naira
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by achikolo(f): 11:35am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

As if we haven't been beating SE in politics with or without their votes since MKO days.... i pity ibo, nothing for una for shiithole RUGA islamise Party APC or PDP you slaved after for decades
[/s]
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Correcto: 11:36am On Oct 06, 2019
You can deceive yourself for long but reality will come to hunt you why zoning is still important. Nigeria is country caused with many tribes with different views and ways of life remember. When GEJ was president, I remembered the north yelling it was their turn to rule. Sometimes it feels so good to have dual citizenship
Florian90:
Nothing like that, what about the north central, we haven't produced a president, don't even deceive yourself, people are to be elected based on manifestos and character not tribe or religion.
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Westbestside: 11:36am On Oct 06, 2019
kotv:

I learned that Yorubas are not in tune with reality when I started visiting this forum. I'm not sure why they fool themselves that anyone in SS would vote for them after their insults in 2015. Let me see the Yoruba that'll come to campaign in 2023 and decieve himself he'll get SS votes. Out of their greed, they destroyed the country and they believe they'll be compensated for it. Let them come.
See this one grin. The owner of south south. Even in your father's compound, you are nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by surgical: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2019
mildflame:

Let them contradict if they feel like, is Nigeria their property?
My only problem is the Igbos should stop being skeptical about 2023, they should be seeing it as their birthright so that every other region will know they are serious
If they don't put their feet now they will never put it down, but if they do and the West and North Scuttle's it then Nigeria WILL scatter
Abeg drum it to their ear if you know them ,it is their birth right,not negotiable,if other regions could have it ,why Not Ibo,why change the rule that was used for others,when it's now the turn of the Ibos
Please forget the false narratives that the South West will not support the Ibos,it is a big lie ,I am from SW and many from SW also share this view like, afeninifere and moderate SW.just present a good candidate who is not greedy and can carry along everybody and leave the rest

3 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Ojiofor: 11:40am On Oct 06, 2019
Simbrixton:
igbos have had one when jonathan ruled what position did yoruba get at the time? ahaha u think say na only ona wise?

GEJ is Ijaw from Bayelsa as if you don't know.Yoruba are rulling indirectly through Buhari.You have all the most important positions in his administration.
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by solmusdesigns: 11:41am On Oct 06, 2019
mildflame:

Quit the childish rhetorics, 2023 is for Igbos or South south forget what others think start preparation now

Hahahaaa 2023 inside edwin clarks family.house abi?

Because ibo no fit smell aso rock, which party delegates would dare touch an ibo man at the primaries not to talk of voting

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by TempleHouse: 11:41am On Oct 06, 2019
Many Igbo leaders will rather go back to South Africa than contesting for the Presidency.

At worst, they're happy to be VP.
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Injera(f): 11:42am On Oct 06, 2019
What is stopping Igbo's from having their own churches.
You have Lords chosen and other hungry man churches , why don't they attract Igbos

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Westbestside: 11:42am On Oct 06, 2019
Ttipsy:
you sound so mischievous.

fortunately if ipob call for Biafra now, you shiver, isn't that stupidity??
The stupidity is when you think you can blackmail others or give useless condition.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by richie240: 11:42am On Oct 06, 2019
isthatso:

called for by who? you get what you earn. This is a democracy, if people trust you they will vote for you, you cant bully people into voting for you. you cant reign insults and hate and expect these same people to vote for you.

There is nothing in the constitution that says power must shift to the SE or the SW.

I have always said this, the north will never vote for Ibo and now because of the noise of the last 4 years neither will the SW, so how do you get the votes to become president?

Ibo will not become president in 2023 or the nearest future and nothing will happen. i will even go as far as to say that Ibos have made themselves unelectable as president of Nigeria...so long as there is a Nigeria.
Very, very unfortunate, bit u have raised salient points.
how sad!

3 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 06, 2019
Ojiofor:

I know for certainty that, there will never be another Yoruba president of Nigeria until Igbos have one.I don't care about your biased opinion.
If you think Nigeria presidency will be rotated between Fulani and Yoruba while Igbo stand aside and look you ain't serious.

The reason why there has never been an Ibo presidency is because you people act with emotion and not strategy as a result you shoot yourselves in the foot and take backward steps.

I am not here to debate a yoruba presidency, thats not the issue.

let me break it down for you:

The powerbrokers in the entity we call Nigeria is the North because they have the votes, whoever they decide will become president. The south enjoys power at their leisure....like it or not. If they decide neither the SW or the SE will become president...so shall it be, so it has always been and so shall it continue to be. you can make all the noise you want, you will take your medicine with some sugar and move on.

Now

If APC decides to back Osinbajo, there will be a yoruba president and there is nothing anyone can do about it. There is talk of APC backing a northern candidate, if they cannot pull that off there next best thing is to maintain the status quo and back Osinbajo. APC is not going to give the slot to SE under any circumstance. This should be obvious to any reasonable person!

Once APC is backing either North or SW, there is no way the PDP will get enough votes to install a SE president because they will lose votes from the North and they wont get any votes from the SE.

The only way the SE produces a president is if BOTH parties agree to field candidates from the SE and both of us know thats never going to happen. 1999 was unique and dictated by military.

it's one thing to come here and shout make noise, its another to actually plot the path to an Ibo presidency in 2023......over to you! please tell me how you envisage an Ibo presidency materialising in 2023.

if you think about it you will realise that this is commone sense not bias. the reason why Ibos always fail politically and have failed to land the biggest prize in 59 years of independence is that it seems power is emotional, so they make emotional decisions. This thing is about common sense and strategic thinking. An analysis of the Nigerian political terrain since independence has shown that you can always trust the ibos to make the wrong strategic decision....when it comes to politics...always do!!! its always based on ego and emotion and it hurts them in the long run.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Ojiofor: 11:44am On Oct 06, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Naso i like am, sell your market make i sell my own southwest 2023 una go soon learn politics again

You will soon go back to what you knows best.Regional politics.
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by solmusdesigns: 11:44am On Oct 06, 2019
same people you call idiot would make sure you never rule nigeria or get referenfum till eternity haq haq haq kiss the truth
mildflame:
Don't mind those idoits from the west and north

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Simbrixton(m): 11:45am On Oct 06, 2019
Ojiofor:

GEJ is Ijaw from Bayelsa as if you don't know.Yoruba are rulling indirectly through Buhari.You have all the most important positions in his administration.
GEJ got into power on the back of obasanjo tinubu and many more yorubas yet the region got nothing during his presidency that fact must not be lost on anyone

6 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by solmusdesigns: 11:45am On Oct 06, 2019
seguno2:

Under both major parties. As it was in 1998.

Joke of the century... wake up this.is 2023 we are talking about, besides ekweme lost 1999 pdp primaries

3 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by Ttipsy(f): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:
The stupidity is when you think you can blackmail others or give useless condition.
and how sensible your brain works is to think of accommodating them for the sake of One Nigerian and overrated unity, but u wouldn't wanna see them take up critical political office.. ...
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by solmusdesigns: 11:47am On Oct 06, 2019
seguno2:
If Nigeria is to survive as an entity beyond 2023, we must have an Igbo as our President.
No more no less.
The Yorubas won’t miss the opportunity to get out of the slavery country that Luggard created this time around.

Joker 2023 is a southwest thing... contest with us and get disgraced nationaly
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by achikolo(f): 11:48am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

Joker 2023 is a southwest thing... contest with us and get disgraced nationaly
[/s]
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by achikolo(f): 11:48am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

Joke of the century... wake up this.is 2023 we are talking about, besides ekweme lost 1999 pdp primaries
[/s]
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by achikolo(f): 11:49am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

Hahahaaa 2023 inside edwin clarks family.house abi?

Because ibo no fit smell aso rock, which party delegates would dare touch an ibo man at the primaries not to talk of voting
[/s]
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by achikolo(f): 11:49am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
same people you call idiot would make sure you never rule nigeria or get referenfum till eternity haq haq haq kiss the truth
[/s]
Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by solmusdesigns: 11:50am On Oct 06, 2019
Ojiofor:

You will soon go back to what you knows best.Regional politics.

Regional politics gave us MKO landslide win, Sonekan , Obasanjos 8 years Osinbajo vice 8 years, so what exactly has serving PDP given you?

4 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark Warns Yoruba, North: Steer Clear Of 2023 Presidency For Igbo by nku5: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2019
PureFace1:

So South East is not a shithole?

Compared to other regions it is not at all. Especially in terms of the indices I listed and a couple others

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS / #xenophobia: How Nigeria Spent $61BN To Free South Africa From Apartheid / Olumide Akpata: Justice Odili’s Home Raid May Cost Malami SAN Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.