Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency (15359 Views)

Anthony Sani Attacks Nnamdi Kanu Over Creation Of Eastern Security Network / Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast / Anthony Sani Blasts Obasanjo, Speaks On North Voting For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Nwaforj44: 6:24am On Oct 07, 2019
2023 presidency: Don’t threaten North using IPOB, says ACF scribe

The Secretary-General of the Arewa Consultative Forum, Mr Anthony Sani, has warned that using the Indigenous People of Biafra to threaten the North over the 2023 presidency will not help the cause of the Igbo to produce the President when the time comes.

Referring to a statement credited to a former Governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife, in an interview with a national newspaper (not The PUNCH) where the elder statesman noted that Igbo people might embrace IPOB if denied the presidency in 2023, the ACF scribe argued that using IPOB to blackmail the region was unfair.

According to Sani, in an interview with Sunday PUNCH, democracy is a contest of ideas and reasons and not a matter of threats and intimidation.

He said, “I have said democracy is a contest of ideas and reasons, and not by threats and intimidation that have no place in multiparty democracy. The presidency is secured in multiparty democracy through persuasions that seek to break barriers and build bridges. It is not obtained through affirmative action.

“I do not believe Ezeife could say what was reported. This is because he is too intelligent not to know that Nigeria practises multiparty democracy which allows political parties to present their candidates from any zone as part of their winning game plans.

“Ezeife also knows that there is no national consensus on rotation, power shift or zoning that is binding on political parties. That may explain why President Muhammadu Buhari contested with President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2003 despite the deliberate concession of the presidency to the South-West because of Chief (M.K.O.) Abiola. That is also why former President Goodluck Jonathan contested with Buhari in 2011 and 2015.

“If ex-President Jonathan had won in 2015, the South would have held sway for over 16 years in the nascent democracy. You may also note that in 2019, presidential candidates emerged from both the North and the South. What is more, democracy is a contest of ideas and reasons and not a matter of threat and intimidation.

“Worst of all, the feisty doctor is reported as using IPOB to blackmail the nation. This is most unfair, especially when regard is paid to the fact that the threats can convey an avoidable impression that some elders of the South-East still nurse some desire to split the country through IPOB.”

But in an interview with Sunday PUNCH, Ezeife said the South-East would embrace persuasion to achieve its aspiration, adding that discussions were already ongoing with some groups in all parts of the country to achieve their aspiration.

“We are going to lobby every group; we would lobby from North to South, East to West. Some of us have started; one Revd. Obiora is foremost in this, he has started and he is in touch with some groups already. If we are not able to organise ourselves and 20 Igbo people come out to contest for the presidency, that will be our fault. But we want to ensure that we get in touch with the political players to organise themselves and ensure that they present themselves for Nigerians to see,” he said.

However, the President-General of the Ohanaeze Youth Council, Okechukwu Isiguzoro, said all groups in the South-East would work to achieve the 2023 aspirations, adding that plans were underway to approach the two leading political parties as well.

“We will approach both major parties as platforms to actualise the Igbo 2023 presidency project. We would remind both the All Progressives Congress and Peoples Democratic Party to first respect the gentleman agreement by zoning the party ticket to South, and then persuade the stakeholders in the South-South, South-West, to allow South-East to take a shot at the Presidency.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/2023-presidency-dont-threaten-north-using-ipob-says-acf-scribe/amp/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by PureGoldh(m): 6:26am On Oct 07, 2019
Everywhere go soon stew... Make I No talk wetin dey my mind first undecided

Whether you are a Nigerian or Biafran... Kindly call or whatsapp me on 0 8 1 016 667 71 if you need Pure Original HOney.

9 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by clarocuzioo(m): 6:27am On Oct 07, 2019
W
Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Wantedmiller: 6:32am On Oct 07, 2019
Is there in space in the constitution for shifting cultivation?

If you know..... You know
Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by helinues: 6:32am On Oct 07, 2019
Lol.. Abeg make Una allow Igbos to yarn jare.

Presidency, Dem no smell, better post not meant for them.. Infact, they are more like 7th class citizens..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by DankemzI(m): 6:39am On Oct 07, 2019
This people are funny.
As a true son of Akwa Ibom
I stand with IPod and Igbos our brothers.
Just like our elderly stateman Chief Edwin Clark warned, if Igbos are denied the presidency there will be problem "the baboons and dogs will be soaked with blood".
After Igbos finish their two terms, the south south will complete GEJ's 2nd term that the south west betrayed!

We the SESS are brothers.
We fund the Nigerian economy
No amount of sabotage by Yoruba and Arewa will bring bad blood between us now and forever

118 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by uzohrome(m): 6:39am On Oct 07, 2019
It will be like film when all Igbos fully stand with Ipob, by then they will seek for dialogue but it will be too late. I will not say further.

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Rekhina(f): 6:43am On Oct 07, 2019
Ipob that is bigger Dan them ,
We go know who is who in this wicked country ,
If igbos join ipob at last our nigerdelta oil will be cutted off from the rest of Nigeria ,

We are waiting ,I pray they don't give igbos presidency ,

Proudly from Better Delta

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by LabDNA: 6:47am On Oct 07, 2019
Do to Obi what you did to Segun in 1999 in the spirit of equity. Is that too much to ask in this country? Why are black people naturally wicked?

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by 1shortblackboy: 6:48am On Oct 07, 2019
DankemzI:
This people are funny.
Just like our elderly stateman Chief Edwin Clark warned, if Igbos are denied the presidency there will be problem "the baboons and dogs will be soaked with blood".
After Igbos finish their two terms, the south south will complete GEJ's 2nd term that the south west betrayed!

No amount of sabotage by Yoruba and Arewa will bring bad blood between us now and forever
what are u even saying

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Rekhina(f): 6:51am On Oct 07, 2019
DankemzI:
This people are funny.

Me I'm from Delta , We are waiting for igbos to play d division card so that we will answer the call from God ,

We are waiting
MIDDLEBELT are waiting
Northern Christian's are waiting
Shite moslems are waiting
AU is waiting
Ecowas is waiting
UN is waiting

Then we complete it from where it stopped

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Commentor: 6:55am On Oct 07, 2019
The presidency is secured in multiparty democracy through persuasions that seek to break barriers and build bridges. It is not obtained through affirmative action.

“I do not believe Ezeife could say what was reported. This is because he is too intelligent not to know that Nigeria practises multiparty democracy which allows political parties to present their candidates from any zone as part of their winning game plans.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Rekhina(f): 6:56am On Oct 07, 2019
etrouble:
Ezeife is senseless just as his brethren. The idiots are boasting with IPOB, yet when the Python went to dance in Biafra two years ago, the idioms were streaming genocide to UN, UK, US, EU calling for help that never came.
That's when their eyes are closed ,
A Yoruba politician here in oversea last week told me , everyone is praying for igbos to maintain their stances except fulanis and Yoruba moslems. ,

The military are praying 2 , fulanis will be shocked , we are tired of Nigeria
I can't come home because of the rot in dis nation
, We shall see

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Commentor: 6:58am On Oct 07, 2019
Rekhina:
Me I'm from Delta , We are waiting for igbos to play d division card so that we will answer the call from God ,

We are waiting
MIDDLEBELT are waiting
Northern Christian's are waiting
Shite moslems are waiting
AU is waiting
Ecowas is waiting
UN is waiting

Then we complete it from where it stopped

Asaba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Rekhina(f): 6:59am On Oct 07, 2019
Commentor:

Asaba.
Agbor but it same with asaba

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Commentor: 7:02am On Oct 07, 2019
Rekhina:
Agbor but it same with asaba

So who do you think is surprised by your opinion?

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by successking401(m): 7:04am On Oct 07, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 07, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
I[s]bo presidency in Nigeria is DOA!! I rather vote a Jew than any nyamur[/s]i

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by achikolo(f): 7:05am On Oct 07, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Rekhina(f): 7:07am On Oct 07, 2019
Commentor:

I know where u are going ,
Let me tell u , if u think urhobo ,isoko , MIDDLEBELT and so on ,will repeat their 1967 stupidity wake Up ,
YORUBAS can burn all investment of igbos ,we don't care

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by achikolo(f): 7:07am On Oct 07, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
The presidency is secured in multiparty democracy through persuasions that seek to break barriers and build bridges. It is not obtained through affirmative action.

[/s]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Commentor: 7:08am On Oct 07, 2019
Rekhina:

I know where u are going ,
Let me tell u , if u think urhobo ,itshekiri , MIDDLEBELT and so on ,will repeat their 1967 stupidity wake Up ,
YORUBAS can burn all investment of igbos ,we don't care

As an itsekiri man, I can never be part of Biafra.

I can't speak for others, neither can you.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by achikolo(f): 7:15am On Oct 07, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Asaba.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by achikolo(f): 7:17am On Oct 07, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by selemempe: 7:18am On Oct 07, 2019
Commentor:

nobody is asking itsekiri to be part of any Biafra...all we are asking you is to remain neutral. We are not asking you to form a country with us...but it's a shame that we want out of Nigeria...which is already a country mixed with your people and Igbos...you say never...that Igbos must remain in Nigeria...yet with the same mouth you are saying you will never form a country with Igbos

Can you see how faulty your argument is

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Rekhina(f): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2019
Commentor:

Itshekiri the one attacking us triba-verbally in Delta , I didn't say u are biafran ,but u won't rise against the igbos ,or will u attack us in asaba because fulani asked u to ? And me,
Nevertheless itshekiri is Yoruba migrated to our land in 17century , my uncle told me the history !

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Commentor: 7:20am On Oct 07, 2019
selemempe:
nobody is asking itsekiri to be part of any Biafra...all we are asking you is to remain neutral. We are not asking you to form a country with us...but it's a shame that we want out of Nigeria...which is already a country mixed with your people and Igbos...you say never...that Igbos must remain in Nigeria...yet with the same mouth you are saying you will never form a country with Igbos

We have a country called Nigeria.

If you want out go and get it but leave our names out of your mouth.

How difficult can that be?

8 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Rekhina(f): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2019
selemempe:

they came to our land to sabotage us , Tongues are waging dey are from Dahomey and Upper volta

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Commentor: 7:21am On Oct 07, 2019
Rekhina:

Itshekiri the one attacking us triba-verbally in Delta , I didn't say u are biafran ,but u won't rise against the igbos ,or will u attack us in asaba because fulani asked u to ? And me,
Nevertheless itshekiri is Yoruba migrated to our land in 18century , my uncle told me the history !

Since it is your land, what are you waiting for?

Come and take it.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NSITF Blames Termites Over Unknown ₦17.128bn Spending In 2013 / The Youths Are With Tinubu - Dayo Israel, APC Youth Leader / Lagos Prohibits Smoking In Public – Law Now In Effect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.