Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency (15365 Views)

Anthony Sani Attacks Nnamdi Kanu Over Creation Of Eastern Security Network / Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast / Anthony Sani Blasts Obasanjo, Speaks On North Voting For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Simbrixton(m): 10:29am On Oct 07, 2019
Rekhina:
He might be ,
if only my uncle is alive ,I would av opened an NL account for him to expose them !

Their are a lot u guys don't know , they are trying to put fight between anioma and urhobo in delta
okowa that has been sacking urhobos from delta civil service we warned them not to trust igbos

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Carsontyqa(m): 10:30am On Oct 07, 2019
Rekhina:
Yes am Igbo do ur worst afonja , remember no yorubaman will rule Nigeria again ,
Everyone fighting ur slavemasters are Igbo ,ugly tribe
This one is in sifia pains...if yorubas enters 2023 goan join your ancestors...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by emezuo17: 10:31am On Oct 07, 2019
Rekhina:
Ipob that is bigger Dan them ,
We go know who is who in this wicked country ,
If igbos join ipob at last our nigerdelta oil will be cutted off from the rest of Nigeria ,

We are waiting ,I pray they don't give igbos presidency ,

Proudly from Better Delta
. Just read what you wrote there again and tell me if it really makes any sense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by emezuo17: 10:33am On Oct 07, 2019
Rekhina:
Ipob that is bigger Dan them ,
We go know who is who in this wicked country ,
If igbos join ipob at last our nigerdelta oil will be cutted off from the rest of Nigeria ,

We are waiting ,I pray they don't give igbos presidency ,

Proudly from Better Delta
. Ok, now I understand your point, so sorry for misunderstanding you, IAM actually the one who needed to read your post a second time.
Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by nwabobo: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2019
Area4Area:
Did you read the threat and blackmail from Ezeife?
Nobody is threatened by his statement, he just ridiculed his old age

When Buhari said an attack on Boko Haram was an attack on the North, what was he doing?

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Area4Area: 10:42am On Oct 07, 2019
nwabobo:

When Buhari said an attack on Boko Haram was an attack on the North, what was he doing?
Open another thread on that, this one is about what Ezeife said. Don't try to derail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by PassingShot(m): 10:49am On Oct 07, 2019
[s]
DankemzI:
This people are funny.
As a true son of Akwa Ibom
I stand with IPod and Igbos our brothers.
Just like our elderly stateman Chief Edwin Clark warned, if Igbos are denied the presidency there will be problem "the baboons and dogs will be soaked with blood".
After Igbos finish their two terms, the south south will complete GEJ's 2nd term that the south west betrayed!

We the SESS are brothers.
We fund the Nigerian economy
No amount of sabotage by Yoruba and Arewa will bring bad blood between us now and forever
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Elvis778(m): 10:57am On Oct 07, 2019
Area4Area:
We hope and pray so but leave first, you say someone hates you and doesn't want around him, why can't you just leave the person, why are you attaching yourself to the person by fire by force?

If the north or SW endure it and how thwy would react shouldn't be of concern to you, you should be telling us what you are doing to leave them for the alleged hate.
Guy, u are confused....

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Qadaffi2idiamin: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2019
Stop threatening south with Fulani herdsmen and dictatorship

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by ConqueredWest: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2019
omenka:
I do not wake up to hate anybody. I give to people what they give to me, regardless, I dont let my emotions get in the way of objectivity. But you are incapable of that arent you?

Look at your disgusting moniker, yet you accuse someone else of hate. You're hate personified.

Now get the hell out of my sights.

See mr hatred calling me hate personified.

Continue as I laugh at you

1 Like

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by inyenejo(m): 11:07am On Oct 07, 2019
If not Igbo man in 2023 i'm not voting, even if Atiku my man comes back i'm still not voting him again, Igbo presidency or divide the country period... no amount of propaganda again will divide the South again, never again ...! Proudly Akwa Ibomite etang ekak!

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Rekhina(f): 11:16am On Oct 07, 2019
Simbrixton:
okowa that has been sacking urhobos from delta civil service we warned them not to trust igbos
When the time comes we shall see ,
And don't lie on okowa

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Rekhina(f): 11:17am On Oct 07, 2019
inyenejo:
If not Igbo man in 2023 i'm not voting, even if Atiku my man comes back i'm still not voting him again, Igbo presidency or divide the country period... no amount of propaganda again will divide the South again, never again ...! Proudly Akwa Ibomite etang ekak!
itshekiri are calling demselves nigerdelta when we accommodated Dem as migrant !
Ok dey called demselves nigerdelta hw come dey support fulani against igbos ,
Do you know trillions dis fools up north carries from our infested land

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by ConqueredWest: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2019
Bagehot:

My point precisely. Nnamdi Kanu squandered an opportunity to build real political power by engaging in theatrics like Biafran Secret Service and such - but it is not too late. If IPOB which is well spread out over the South East started pressuring Politicians to make Biafra a key agenda of their government, or even got their own core members to run for office, massively campaign for them to get into office, and gradually do this state-by-state, then they can start to gain real political power, and traction for their cause.

Just so you know protest and agitation is the language of the poor; if you must forge your own path, you need to scheme your way into getting a seat at the decision table. Until this happens, Biafra agitation is a joke past its prime.

Flawed thinking

Atiku that won, why is he not the president.?

The rigging out of Atiku proves that political solution is not obtainable
Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Rekhina(f): 11:21am On Oct 07, 2019
Area4Area:
Open another thread on that, this one is about what Ezeife said. Don't try to derail
ur hatred for igbos is much

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Area4Area: 11:25am On Oct 07, 2019
Rekhina:
.......is that all?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by ConqueredWest: 11:26am On Oct 07, 2019
inyenejo:

Which ethnic group of Akwa Ibom are you from.?

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by ProudDick: 11:29am On Oct 07, 2019
ConqueredWest:

Flawed thinking

Atiku that won, why is he not the president.?

The rigging out of Atiku proves that political solution is not obtainable

Then declare war.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by ProudDick: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2019
Rekhina:

This shit is stale. Nobody hates like igbos. Stop using reverse psychology here. Igbos are hate personified.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by ProudDick: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2019
nwabobo:

Buhari never said that you fool!

Stop reading twisted headlines.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by JonDon12: 11:32am On Oct 07, 2019
We have already embraced Biafra

1 Like

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Area4Area: 11:36am On Oct 07, 2019
ProudDick:

Then declare war.
Simple
Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by JonDon12: 11:38am On Oct 07, 2019
Rekhina:
Me I'm from Delta , We are waiting for igbos to play d division card so that we will answer the call from God ,

We are waiting
MIDDLEBELT are waiting
Northern Christian's are waiting
Shite moslems are waiting
AU is waiting
Ecowas is waiting
UN is waiting

Then we complete it from where it stopped
AND GOD IS GOING TO GIVE US THAT VICTORY .

1 Like

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 07, 2019
My Igbo friends lets on the fence and watch as we don’t have to show them our moves. We own the chessboard and the draft board game so we watch and hit them hard. If it Arewa that owns Nigeria we will know by then. The heat is on we need to charge for our brother Agba Jalingo we need to get him out we are all Biafrans .
Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by nwabobo: 12:58pm On Oct 07, 2019
ProudDick:

Buhari never said that you fool!

Stop reading twisted headlines.

Who is this son of a scoundrel?

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by nwabobo: 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2019
Area4Area:

Ezeife said what he said and I stand in solidarity with him on that.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by ProudDick: 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
nwabobo:

Who is this son of a scoundrel?

Osu bitch. Bring out the quote.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by meccuno: 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2019
[s]2023 presidency: Don’t threaten North using IPOB, says ACF scribe

The Secretary-General of the Arewa Consultative Forum, Mr Anthony Sani, has warned that using the Indigenous People of Biafra to threaten the North over the 2023 presidency will not help the cause of the Igbo to produce the President when the time comes.

Referring to a statement credited to a former Governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife, in an interview with a national newspaper (not The PUNCH) where the elder statesman noted that Igbo people might embrace IPOB if denied the presidency in 2023, the ACF scribe argued that using IPOB to blackmail the region was unfair.

According to Sani, in an interview with Sunday PUNCH, democracy is a contest of ideas and reasons and not a matter of threats and intimidation.

He said, “I have said democracy is a contest of ideas and reasons, and not by threats and intimidation that have no place in multiparty democracy. The presidency is secured in multiparty democracy through persuasions that seek to break barriers and build bridges. It is not obtained through affirmative action.

“I do not believe Ezeife could say what was reported. This is because he is too intelligent not to know that Nigeria practises multiparty democracy which allows political parties to present their candidates from any zone as part of their winning game plans.

“Ezeife also knows that there is no national consensus on rotation, power shift or zoning that is binding on political parties. That may explain why President Muhammadu Buhari contested with President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2003 despite the deliberate concession of the presidency to the South-West because of Chief (M.K.O.) Abiola. That is also why former President Goodluck Jonathan contested with Buhari in 2011 and 2015.

“If ex-President Jonathan had won in 2015, the South would have held sway for over 16 years in the nascent democracy. You may also note that in 2019, presidential candidates emerged from both the North and the South. What is more, democracy is a contest of ideas and reasons and not a matter of threat and intimidation.

“Worst of all, the feisty doctor is reported as using IPOB to blackmail the nation. This is most unfair, especially when regard is paid to the fact that the threats can convey an avoidable impression that some elders of the South-East still nurse some desire to split the country through IPOB.”

But in an interview with Sunday PUNCH, Ezeife said the South-East would embrace persuasion to achieve its aspiration, adding that discussions were already ongoing with some groups in all parts of the country to achieve their aspiration.

“We are going to lobby every group; we would lobby from North to South, East to West. Some of us have started; one Revd. Obiora is foremost in this, he has started and he is in touch with some groups already. If we are not able to organise ourselves and 20 Igbo people come out to contest for the presidency, that will be our fault. But we want to ensure that we get in touch with the political players to organise themselves and ensure that they present themselves for Nigerians to see,” he said.

However, the President-General of the Ohanaeze Youth Council, Okechukwu Isiguzoro, said all groups in the South-East would work to achieve the 2023 aspirations, adding that plans were underway to approach the two leading political parties as well.

“We will approach both major parties as platforms to actualise the Igbo 2023 presidency project. We would remind both the All Progressives Congress and Peoples Democratic Party to first respect the gentleman agreement by zoning the party ticket to South, and then persuade the stakeholders in the South-South, South-West, to allow South-East to take a shot at the Presidency.[/s]

1 Like

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by nwabobo: 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
ProudDick:

Osu bitch. Bring out the quote.

Because you are who again?

Son of a bitch.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by 1shortblackboy: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
DankemzI:

I'm saying that 2023 presidency is not negotiable.
Igbos must rule or we quit as simple as A B C, do you understand or I should explain explicitly
so we should not bother with elections and just choose one igbo man or all the parties must field an igbo candidate
Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by King44(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2019
DankemzI:
This people are funny.
As a true son of Akwa Ibom
I stand with IPod and Igbos our brothers.
Just like our elderly stateman Chief Edwin Clark warned, if Igbos are denied the presidency there will be problem "the baboons and dogs will be soaked with blood".
After Igbos finish their two terms, the south south will complete GEJ's 2nd term that the south west betrayed!

We the SESS are brothers.
We fund the Nigerian economy
No amount of sabotage by Yoruba and Arewa will bring bad blood between us now and forever
I think this is a really good move also they should get more involved in politics and stop shying away from presidential aspirations las las things go fall in place, one other thing I think it is better to also caution those whose statements would dissuade people from supporting this move for instance someone like this guy up here and persons who shared and liked his post

you can't spit venom and not expect people to see you as deadly

I support this ℅ greediness and selfishness aside plus if they could have major parties to reason with them and pick candidates from east and the support of those group and their people is guaranteed by 2023 the sense of belonging would be restored

besides I think PDP nor try at all their sidelining too much d people sef nor dey worry
Re: Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency by MultiCEO1: 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2019
Area4Area:
....and if they don't remain neutral, what do you do, attack or annex their territory? See commanding o!
Every other thing you said is just for nairaland entertainment that everyone is already used to

If you don't remain neutral, the friend of my enemy of course will become my enemy.
We have no interest in Itsekiri joining Biafra. Nah! Not at all. So please, reserve your energy till then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obiora Okonkwo: Everybody In Anambra Is Talking About Zenith Labour Party Now / DPR Director Vows To Expose Accomplices In N3bn Contract Scam / Russia-Ukraine War: Nigeria Ready To Fill Natural Gas Gap In Europe – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.