Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria (3925 Views)

Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic / Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me / Olujonwo Obasanjo: Why I Am Supporting Buhari – Obasanjo’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2019
jahsharon:

If your brother and friend Goatluck Jonathan did not do it, it will then be foolish of you to expect your enemy Buhari to do it.
So you finally confess that the dvllard hates a part of the country grin
Gwarotango must hear this.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed anonimi iceberg3 adaibeku metaphysical

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by Omoodua007: 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2019
Concorted Igbo juice
Anytime things no work out na so cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by QuotaSystem: 6:49am On Oct 10, 2019
gloriaunobi:
One day the Igbos will be free from all the insult and mal-treatment melted on them by Nigerians

When will Nigerians be free from all the insults and maltreatment meted on them by Igbos?

You plant yam. You reap yam.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by QuotaSystem: 6:55am On Oct 10, 2019
GMbuharii:

And later, you will be the first to say the igbos should keep quiet cos GEJ's government favoured them....
Confused beings grin

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku

Are you then saying GEJ didn't favor the East?

Why then did they keep voting the ineffectual buffoon?

Therein lies the REAL confusion. Of course every Nigerian will conclude he favoured the east the most, based on the way they wanted to die for his failed re-election so you can't blame anyone.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by Westbestside: 6:58am On Oct 10, 2019
omenka:
Why is it WHENEVER you people say OBASANJO SAID XYZ ABOUT Igbos or Biafra, THE LINKS OR SOURCES are NEVER CREDIBLE.

Give us the link to Hard Talk let us watch the video.

We have data.
I wonder too.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by QuotaSystem: 6:58am On Oct 10, 2019
immhotep:

So you finally confess that the dvllard hates a part of the country grin
Gwarotango must hear this.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed anonimi iceberg3 adaibeku metaphysical

Actually he loves every part of this country as much as they love him.

The railway you're wailing about is proof.
Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 10, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Actually be loves every part of this country as much as they love him.

Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by lordlugards: 7:40am On Oct 10, 2019
gloriaunobi:
One day the Igbos will be free from all the insult and mal-treatment melted on them by Nigerians
Nne iyiri sha ra onye m ma, ibu onye nnobi. Oga amasi m, ma i yem akara ekpe nti gi.
Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 10, 2019
Someone will ask me why do you want biafra
Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by Stingman: 8:13am On Oct 10, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Shutit! What has love got to do with wealth and developmental distribution across the country he claim was one and continued to beg for fake UNITY? Does the money belong to the president?

This is why your northerners love UNITARY government and hate restructuring...as you are poor and have nothing to use for your development...if there was a change.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by anonimi: 8:16am On Oct 10, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Which railway? the one for Lagos that he cancelled 35 years ago and Thiefnuibu & co have been struggling for over two decades to build? Something that Jonathan did for Abuja in five years. Ethiopians did in four years.
Is that what you are talking about

Splashme:
The first civilian governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, on Tuesday, said that the cancellation of the Lagos metroline project in 1985 was a major mistake and disservice to many Nigerians.

Jakande spoke in Lagos during the launch of a book which chronicled his life in politics and journalism.

The book, entitled, ‘Jakande: Leadership in Action’ is written by Dr. Bola Olaosebikan, who told the audience at the event that the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), was not responsible for the cancellation of the project.

Jakande said, “Reflecting on the metroline project, I think it is a major disservice to many Nigerians. Imagine how many people would have benefitted. It would have made life easier and changed the face of transport in Lagos. Whoever cancelled it or gave the advice towards its cancellation didn’t do right.”

The former governor asked Nigerians not to vote for unserious leaders in the coming polls, saying the elections presented Nigerians with a good opportunity that should not be squandered.

Expressing the hope that Nigeria would soon overcome its developmental challenges, Jakande said hope would be actualised faster if credible people emerged as leaders in the next dispensation.

He said, “This book comes at a very auspicious time in Nigeria’s history as we need leaders who can act. We need leaders who would not compromise the standards of good governance. God has blessed this nation the most in Africa, although we have not reached where we should be; with the right leaders, Nigeria would overcome its challenges.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/cancelling-metroline-a-major-mistake-jakande/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by brainbox80: 8:25am On Oct 10, 2019
omenka:
Why is it WHENEVER you people say OBASANJO SAID XYZ ABOUT Igbos or Biafra, THE LINKS OR SOURCES are NEVER CREDIBLE.

Give us the link to Hard Talk let us watch the video.

We have data.

Link or no link, the article bared the true situation of things. It's quite unfortunate that the Ibos are suffering such after being the frontiers of the independence we enjoy today. However, I've come to know that they cannot be subjugated as a people too. So the more the system tries to marginalize them the stronger they become. I bet you, they are not going to stop their agitation to pull out of the country any time soon and they will definitely achieve it. So the earlier the system goes fair with them, the better coz they are one set of people that never ever give up in their pursuit and that's what is making them great today
Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by durangokid: 8:50am On Oct 10, 2019
jahsharon:

If your brother and friend Goatluck Jonathan did not do it, it will then be foolish of you to expect your enemy Buhari to do it.
. According to Abaribe ago assato agbughi ndu ebigebi
Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by brainbox80: 8:52am On Oct 10, 2019
989900:
90% true.

Nothing can unite this country as an Igbo presidency in 2023. That said, no one is going to hand it to the SE on a platter of gold. The SE needs to come together and stop playing local kindergarten politics.

*Check highlighted*
That is exactly what the powers that be had made you to believe. The Igbos that I know plays real politics void of sentiment and tribe as evident in the selection of their local/grassroot leaders. Nigeria �� is just making us believe the contrary, that's why they always want to sponsor gullible "Judas" amongst them to always distabilize them and play to their own biddings. But I bet you the tide is changing now. Let the leadership of the nation go fair and watch the economy and political structure of the Igbos better every other region that you can think of.
Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by GMbuharii: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Are you then saying GEJ didn't favor the East?

Why then did they keep voting the ineffectual buffoon?

Therein lies the REAL confusion. Of course every Nigerian will conclude he favoured the east the most, based on the way they wanted to die for his failed re-election so you can't blame anyone.

Mental on the streets
grin
Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by omenka(m): 9:21am On Oct 10, 2019
brainbox80:

Link or no link, the article bared the true situation of things. It's quite unfortunate that the Ibos are suffering such after being the frontiers of the independence we enjoy today. However, I've come to know that they cannot be subjugated as a people too. So the more the system tries to marginalize them the stronger they become. I bet you, they are not going to stop their agitation to pull out of the country any time soon and they will definitely achieve it. So the earlier the system goes fair with them, the better coz they are one set of people that never ever give up in their pursuit and that's what is making them great today
Do I look like I give a shit whether anyone agitates or not?

Why lie someone said something if they didnt?

Couldn't they have written it, with ALL THE TRUTH THEN MESSAGE BEARS (according to you) without saying Obj said it? undecided
Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by gloriaunobi(f): 10:07am On Oct 10, 2019
lordlugards:
Nne iyiri sha ra onye m ma, ibu onye nnobi. Oga amasi m, ma i yem akara ekpe nti gi.

Nye m nke gị, m ga-akpọ gị
Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by 989900: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2019
brainbox80:

*Check highlighted*
[s]That is exactly what the powers that be had made you to believe[/s]. The Igbos that I know plays real politics void of sentiment and tribe as evident in the selection of their local/grassroot leaders. Nigeria �� is just making us believe the contrary, that's why they always want to sponsor gullible "Judas" amongst them to always distabilize them and play to their own biddings. But I bet you the tide is changing now. Let the leadership of the nation go fair and watch the economy and political structure of the Igbos better every other region that you can think of.

Made me to believe?
Nobody is making anybody believe anything, it's of no use running away from the reality.
Re: Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria by brainbox80: 11:46am On Oct 10, 2019
989900:

Made me to believe?
Nobody is making anybody believe anything, it's of no use running away from the reality.

Reality you said?
Then you know less about the Igbo politics.
I'm not an 'Igbo' by birth but by personal drives I've been highly affiliated to them in business dealings and other affairs. Igbos are actually resilient, intelligent and no nonsense sets of people. They do their best to hold their leaders accountable in virtually everything. You can see that from the latest ongoing beefs with their leaders overseas. They really have strong political structures only that there are a handful that the Powers up North manipulates against their people. These are the 'kindergarten' politicians, I must say.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Orlu Community Invaded By Army And Police? Photo / Bini Youths Revenge Against Killer Northerners / Afaka: Freed Students Still Undergoing Rehabilitation - Kaduna Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.