Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' (37439 Views)

Foursquare Church Suspends Boniface Igbeneghu Over Sex For Marks Scandal / OAU Sex For Marks: What Monica Osagie Told Panel – Counsel / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by 01mcfadden(m): 9:06am On Oct 10, 2019
Olufemiolaolu:
Many are still in Unilag. The likes of Dr Chris obisi are still there.
Dr Chris is also coming for you.

He who asserts must prove!

2 Likes

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Khaleell001(m): 9:06am On Oct 10, 2019
Rextizzy:
Thunder will strike him there.
Because thunder na your papa property?

3 Likes

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Khaleell001(m): 9:07am On Oct 10, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Arrant rubbish.... they are guilty, all their tricks won't work.

Just like if I call you a thief and you deny it means you're tricking me?
Many are mad few are roaming.

4 Likes

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Reinvented: 9:11am On Oct 10, 2019
Olufemiolaolu:
Hope you have proof as this is libelous. Dont assume NL moniker is immunity from prosecution. Once Seun and NL are subpoena, the veil over you account will be removed.

1 Like

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by EdiskyHarry: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2019
I know from now in Nigeria, any lady that didn't read and as a result failed her Examination will say it's because she refused to sleep with the lecturer. when a woman accuses anybody of rape or any sexually pertaining crime, a sane human being must not rush to conclusion yet. However I strongly condemn the act of awarding good grades for sex in Nigerian higher institutions.

3 Likes

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by BanevsJoker(m): 9:15am On Oct 10, 2019
Commentor:
Would be funny if she already had video evidence.

grin
Would you have believed the technology used? Where is Gandollar?
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Lukuluku69(m): 9:21am On Oct 10, 2019
respect80:

So even without evidence, you have concluded that he's guilty.
Seems you have never been or seen a person accused wrongly.

Don't get it twisted please. Someone was accused and he has demanded for evidence to prove him guilty so it's better to wait for the evidence than to conclude just like that.

Let him just Sue. Seven days, seven year s is of no consequence. You were defame wrongly, sue the accuser immediately.
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by RexTramadol1: 9:21am On Oct 10, 2019
respect80:

Don't get it twisted please. Someone was accused and he has demanded for evidence to prove him guilty so it's better to wait for the evidence than to conclude just like that.

This one too is one of them

If all these students had an idea that they can record these devils

Infact we might not have more than a thousand lecturers left in our schools again

I have a deep conviction the lady may be correct, but the friend doesn't have evidence of that and that's why she took the tweet down

You think someone can just wake up and accuse another mentioning his name? He's involved just that the chicken hasn't come home to roost just yet
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by capitalzero: 9:21am On Oct 10, 2019
most of victims of sexual harassment are dump, just audio or written evidence will be enough. if a girl sent a text to a lecturer and complained to him that he wanted to have sex with her because of marks. that sms became an evidence because Mr lecturer might just ignore sms or not denying the accusation. what about vagina swab after sex. vaginal swabs in absolute alcohol will preserve the DNA of Mr lecturer.
All of us have responsibility to stop sexual harassment in our environment. Biological,written,audio or video evidence can be kept for years. In US,some victims reported abuse that occurred in the distant past and claimed million of dollars as damage.
in criminology, criminals always leave a trace . It is not left for victims to look for the trace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Harbeeorlar(m): 9:22am On Oct 10, 2019
3rd party accusation. I hope she learnt her lesson and they use her as scape goat if she can't prove what she tweeted. How could you libel someone cos of cheap like/retweet?

3 Likes

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 10, 2019
What does sex for marks even mean? i don't get it.

Why would anyone give sex to pass an exam or test? What would be the point of Attending School then? or learning. Sounds like most Nigerian university certificates are Rubbish then, like toilet paper, because they were all obtained using sex.

Next time a Nigerian university students brags about her degrees i will remind her how she got the sexed degrees.

And oh! Is it just female students who give sex for marks?, what about guys do they have sex with their female lecturers too?,

las,las It takes two to tango, why demonise only the lecturers? what about the students? Were they not responsible for their Actions? Did the lecturers force them into sex?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 10, 2019
Lol see mad lensurer, e no say BBC documentary never cash am in ashon, e dey form libel...onyiora angry

1 Like

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by respect80(m): 9:28am On Oct 10, 2019
Ykc2:
even ganduje claimed his innocent forget matter

Guy, have you ever sat in a court room to listen to judgment being delivered.

I'm not in any way trying to prove the said lecturer is innocent but the law has its standards and one ought to be sure of meeting those standards before accusing anyone.

I repeat, if there's no concrete evidence to ascertain his guilt, the court will always acknowledge a well composed lie than a staggering truth so we should be careful what we say about people especially on SM.
As much as there's freedom of expression, freedom after expression may not be guaranteed in some cases.

4 Likes

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 10, 2019
EdiskyHarry:
I know from now in Nigeria, any lady that didn't read and as a result failed her Examination will say it's because she refused to sleep with the lecturer. when a woman accuses anybody of rape or any sexually pertaining crime, a sane human being must not rush to conclusion yet. However I strongly condemn the act of awarding good grades for sex in Nigerian higher institutions.
True that; my only problem is that our culture sorta makes women quite vulnerable to authority figures who can easily over power an innocent girl and she will be powerless to resist. Lecturers have to be deniedthe power to grade students by using some kind of computer grading system.

1 Like

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by monex(m): 9:28am On Oct 10, 2019
foreshore:

That does not remove the fact that he is randy just that the accuser lacks evidence

Why are you sure he is randy?
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by PrinceGallant: 9:35am On Oct 10, 2019
How I wished this one could be used as a scapegoat so as to deter other character assassins who, without evidence, make people suffer innocently. However, if she could provide a concrete evidence (which I doubt because she flagged down her tweet when she was given ultimatum).....

More so, those who re-tweeted the unconfirmed allegations are also culprits scandalization.
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by blaise26abj(m): 9:40am On Oct 10, 2019
post=83001962:

Social media will put some people behind jail for the rest of their lives.

You can only tweet something like this with someone's school and name only when you have a concrete evidence.

She was able to put the lecturer's name to the whole world but refused to mention 'her friend's' name.
Who does that?!

That is the hypocrisy of some of these accusations. Men are accused With their names , pictures etc and their reputations immediately start to go downhill based on mere accusations while the accuser’s details are kept secret . If there is a false sexual misconduct allegation the accuser should be sent to at least 50 years in prison.
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by UjuJoan2: 9:46am On Oct 10, 2019
respect80:

Just because there is no evidence doesn't mean he is not guilty. Just like in the case of Biodun and Busola . .

Of course he is banking on the knowledge that there is no hard evidence against him, hence the braggadocio. I bet if not for the camera evidence, the other ones will be claiming innocent too.

All she needs is to get a few more victims to corroborate her story, that will be evidence enough.

1 Like

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by respect80(m): 9:48am On Oct 10, 2019
RexTramadol1:

This one too is one of them

If all these students had an idea that they can record these devils

Infact we might not have more than a thousand lecturers left in our schools again

I have a deep conviction the lady may be correct, but the friend doesn't have evidence of that and that's why she took the tweet down

You think someone can just wake up and accuse another mentioning his name? He's involved just that the chicken hasn't come home to roost just yet

Your way of thinking clearly betrays common logic because it's more like you keep using the word "evidence" without knowing what it would be interpreted to mean under legal conditions.
I'm in no position to determine whether the lecturer is guilty or innocent of the crime he's been accused but all I know is that when there's an accusation, the onus rests on the plaintiff to provide evidence to ascertain his/her claims.

Don't forget that even the EVIDENCE we speak of would be subjected to analysis and must be convincing enough to prove the suspect guilty of the crime.

One would only be living in denial to say or claim that sex for grades isn't a trending menace in almost every institution in our society today but any case void of preponderant evidence is as good as saying it never happened in the eyes of the law.

I would advise the so called victims of such to speak out for themselves within the appropriate time frame and with good evidence to put any monster indulging in such act behind the bars or STFU...

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by chriscrosss(m): 9:52am On Oct 10, 2019
Can you swear with you life that you never asked for sex..that's wat majority will say..evidence.. But truth is you did it..now evidence produced in the case of others made the guilty..soon you shall be exposed...yeye lecturers..
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by xtervaganza(m): 9:55am On Oct 10, 2019
Rextizzy:
Thunder will strike him there.
na you thunder go faya, Iwo asiere eda yi. If she wasn't lying she wouldn't take down the tweet.

Arindin agba
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by luluosas(m): 9:59am On Oct 10, 2019
Obisi would soon call for your head too. Just watch out
Olufemiolaolu:
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by respect80(m): 9:59am On Oct 10, 2019
UjuJoan2:

Just because there is no evidence doesn't mean he is not guilty. Just like in the case of Biodun and Busola . .

Of course he is banking on the knowledge that there is no hard evidence against him, hence the braggadocio. I bet if not for the camera evidence, the other ones will be claiming innocent too.

All she needs is to get a few more victims to corroborate her story, that will be evidence enough.
Pls read the bolded line in your comment then remove emotions and think rationally about it then come back here and comment.

We are talking about a case that is about to be taken in a legal dimension and you think you can prove someone guilty before the law without concrete evidence.
Lady Justice may be blind but not stupid as some think.
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by jaxxy(m): 9:59am On Oct 10, 2019
respect80:

We all know how hard it might be to provide evidence of such if it wasn’t on video or audio so don’t even think lack of evidence means he didn’t do it. If she can get more people to come out and collaborate her story or give theirs he’s a goner.

His letter stinks of guilty already to me. Why listing all his accolades, who does he want to intimidate?
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by blackboy2star(m): 10:03am On Oct 10, 2019
Thanks. I missed the 's' grin

Adukpe19:

Oga, read well na. SHE not HE.
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by RexTramadol1: 10:04am On Oct 10, 2019
respect80:

Your way of thinking clearly betrays common logic because it's more like you keep using the word "evidence" without knowing what it would be interpreted to mean under legal conditions.
I'm in no position to determine whether the lecturer is guilty or innocent of the crime he's been accused but all I know is that when there's an accusation, the onus rests on the plaintiff to provide evidence to ascertain his/her claims.

Don't forget that even the EVIDENCE we speak of would be subjected to analysis and must be convincing enough to prove the suspect guilty of the crime.

One would only be living in denial to say or claim that sex for grades isn't a trending menace in almost every institution in our society today but any case void of preponderant evidence is as good as saying it never happened in the eyes of the law.

I would advise the so called victims of such to speak out for themselves within the appropriate time frame and with good evidence to put any monster indulging in such act behind the bars or STFU...

Well, that's the problem in this part of the world..... if something becomes so normal, people don't take the initiative to find a way to change the anomaly

You're right about their claim's futility in the law court, so far there's no clear cut evidence

But, this is it

If you'd been to a varsity before, and you see lecturers doing that infact they collect money from guys

It's not convenient from those guys to pay, some even go to bars and ask the students to pay, but even as all that happened with pains to the students involved, they just would not film him cos to them he's doing them a favor

But that doesn't mean the shii didn't happen, in the eyes of the law, they have nothing to prove or, but with a good sense of reasoning one can deduce if the student is being honest with the accusation or not.

Akinwinmi Adeshina was recognizing one of his lecturers who had helped him when he was a student during his visit to the U.S, the man can't prove it cos it's been a long time, but Adeshina said it and snapped with the man and everyone believed it, why? Cos he can't just wake up to say I want to recognize this person, but if it was the man who said he helped Adeshina, it's another case if Adeshina doesn't respond

I don't know if you dig, the law looks for substantial evidence but humanity knows how to decipher the truth from falsity through narratives
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Correcto: 10:05am On Oct 10, 2019
Did you graduate from any University in Nigeria?
respect80:

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by sinkhole: 10:05am On Oct 10, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Arrant rubbish.... they are guilty, all their tricks won't work.
No need to rant, just a proof is enough.
It is better to shotup without a proof!
If I am this lecturer and I know I'm clean as snow, I will never chicken-out, I will sue till the whole world start begging me.
The fact that some lecturers are bad does not mean everybody should now be opening their mouths at all lecturers anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by srclark: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2019
respect80:

this is the way it should in this country by the time we start taking ourselves to court over petty cases just like the ones we see on judge judy people will not be wise in this country i swear too many romours flying around to know the truth these days in naija na real war oo

1 Like

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by foreshore(m): 10:06am On Oct 10, 2019
monex:

Why are you sure he is randy?

Guess you are his co-hort, reason you are defending him
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2019
godlyguy:
“Elementary law requires that “he/she who asserts, must prove”; the onus is therefore, on you to prove and justify the libel against me.

“Consequently, I HEREBY GIVE YOU SEVEN (7) DAYS’ NOTICE TO PROVE AND OR JUSTIFY YOUR LIBEL against me failing which I shall be constrained to institute legal action for the purposes of making you face the consequences of your irresponsible action, restoring my dignity, and claiming damages thereof.”

Okhimamhe, however, has taken down the tweet.

Boniface Igebeneghu and Samuel Oladipo, two of the lecturers indicted in the BBC documentary have been suspended while UNILAG has set up a panel to probe their actions

https://www.thecable.ng/unilag-lecturer-threatens-to-sue-social-media-user-over-defamatory-tweet

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/10/sex-for-marks-unilag-lecturer-to-sue.html

Oga lecturers ..... Be care with all these most of Dem are wicked more than devil....They will set you up and they will expose you... The lady that will set me up is not born.... Because I hate any female figure with passion... I'm not even ready to marry... If this lady cannot proof it, she should be rusticated ASAP....
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by respect80(m): 10:07am On Oct 10, 2019
jaxxy:

We all know how hard it might be to provide evidence of such if it wasn’t on video or audio so don’t even think lack of evidence means he didn’t do it. If she can get more people to come out and collaborate her story or give theirs he’s a goner.

His letter stinks of guilty already to me. Why listing all his accolades, who does he want to intimidate?

Stop allowing emotions becloud ur rational sense of judgment.
You think by merely calling out people to testify in her favor will automatically make the lecturer guilty before the law?

There's a technical difference between evidence and witness so don't get it twisted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Child Abuse At Deeper Life College: Akwa Ibom Governor Udom Orders Investigation / Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos / Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.