Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today (53672 Views)

New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact / How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today / Lists Of Scammers On Telegram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by bonnyhope: 12:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
Simplep:
So they went through all that stress because of 50k?...Nigerians and free money,they'll be shouting 'no job,no job' when there are so many things they can do.

50k no be because? do you know how long you would work before having a safe of that amount?
Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by nan1: 12:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
That is their new method o I was scammed of 8,000 it could have been 20k the person called my name and said we met so so place promised civil defence job I can't believe I used my leg Waka go fidelity bank paid the money to them they told me to upload all my credentials they even sent me employment letter via text chai my eyes clear when they told me to pay for the uniforms and boots too embarassed embarassed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by 2nattie(m): 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
RhemaDavids:
See the long Process someone imagined just to scam 50k, if he puts this idea in something else I believe he would be very successful

Could have involved her life too not just 50k

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by tiwiex(m): 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2019
Duggedised12:
Op before you call those people scammers you need to look at yourself in the mirror and ask what type of person agrees to such shady deals in the first place.

You are greedy and you just proved that under the right circumstance you are willing to short change your customers for more profit.If i had a business to do, you will be my last option.You were even willing to dabble into an area you have no business in just because of ojukokoro. you are a dishonest greedy fellow.

You never jam 419er. It's mostly psychology. Notice the money to be taken was not even on the makeup thing and the issue about floor came up later. It's deflection and u won't even realize that was the plan all along. An area she is not specialized in? Tell me you have not taken an opportunity in an area u were not specialized in if it was a sure deal? In the Nigeria, we live in now, specialization wih just kih somebody. Better hustle and pray 419 no jam u. It's sweet to criticize and feel smart but anyone can fall mugu.

5 Likes

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by BecomeALandLord(m): 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
Duggedised12:
Op before you call those people scammers you need to look at yourself in the mirror and ask what type of person agrees to such shady deals in the first place.

You are greedy and you just proved that under the right circumstance you are willing to short change your customers for more profit.If i had a business to do, you will be my last option.You were even willing to dabble into an area you have no business in just because of ojukokoro. you are a dishonest greedy fellow.

100% true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Simbrixton(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
Duggedised12:

who no greedy for naija
Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by sugarboy212(m): 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2019
Care to share your experience?

BlackfireX:
They used same tactics for me some months ago, but they meet a complete sadist who wasted there time, money while playing along with them
Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Duggedised12(f): 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2019
tiwiex:

You never jam 419er. It's mostly psychology. Notice the money to be taken was not even on the makeup thing and the issue about floor came up later. It's deflection and u won't even realize that was the plan all along. An area she is not specialized in? Tell me you have not taken an opportunity in an area u were not specialized in if it was a sure deal? In the Nigeria, we live in now, specialization wih just kih somebody. Better hustle and pray 419 no jam u. It's sweet to criticize and feel smart but anyone can fall mugu.
i don jam 419 before infact on four different occasions ,one was the shell job scam as far back as 2014, another was dollar scam in a taxi,even recharge card scam and bvn scam ,so there is nothing you will tell me that i dont know. Only a greedy Or extremely dumb person who is alien to "delayed gratification" falls for this kind of scam.

For the op to have agreed to be an accomplice to short change a third party without even questioning why a so called religious person will be that crooked shows just how morally bankrupt the op herself is. Lets call a spade a spade.

3 Likes

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by piagbara: 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
But... What if it's real?
Or am I falling for the scam too?
Lol its very real, i cant blame the lady, the hustle is real and u make money from any opportunity that comes your way, if u need to suvive this our naija, this guys have a way of searching out people livelihood, via social media or so, and once they know that; coupled with the fact they always address you with your name you probably will fall for them they always sound very convincing and confident.
it happened to me too when i used to run my catfish bizz, u just have to be careful especially when it gets to the point of paying for stuffs without even meeting them....oga ruuuuuuuuuuuuun scam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Duggedised12(f): 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
Simbrixton:
who no greedy for naija
speak for yourself .

1 Like

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Norland4life(f): 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
Thank God for you!they are everywhere looking for greedy people to scam. I got this type of call with the same storyline few weeks ago,he called himself Dr Nwachukwu,same day he called my husband. He even called our full names and mentioned where we live. My first thought when i listened to him was why me? Don't you have some poor people in your family to help make millionaires. I immediately called my husband and he laughed that he got the same call and the man asked about me,called me by my name! My husband played along,called all the people he was asked to call,eventually lied to have transferred 1.2 million. The man called back after about 30 minutes and was very angry that we wasted his time and all....

2 Likes

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Fidelismaria: 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
Op is a typical fish brain Nigerian

Willing to scam others but doesn't want to get scammed herself

What a greedy being

You were willing to scam your own clients over a few hundred bucks

Scammers only prey on greedy fvcks like op

Anu

4 Likes

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Spain007(m): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:
you dont know them, why listen to them?

If he didn't listen, how would he know them?
Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Sofistcatdmoron: 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
Spain007:

If he didn't listen, how would he know them?
must he get to know them?

1 Like

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by bedfordng(m): 1:17pm On Oct 11, 2019
the scam there is to get the sample chemical or oil as the case may be which they will later tell you its not the original one and ask you to go get from another supplier.

note that they will not allow you to come to their shop, they will send someone who will be at alert to see if you are coming with police or strange individual. the person will be the one to give you the supposed chemical or oil bought on the road side, not even in a shop because they won't allow you to come to any shop.

that is how they will keep recommending you to more until they close shop.

by then you would have spent to an extent you will become desperate to get your money back.

they usually use the name pastor and alaji to fool their victims to believe they are dealing with righteous person.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by ForkDragnet: 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
Same happened to me with the same tactics but different work

mine was to supply engineering tools, but I cut them off immediately after I was asked to lie to the boss about the real price

They call me tire, I just dey tell them long story to burn their air time, when they got tired they stopped calling

I be bad market I swear grin

3 Likes

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by musicwriter(m): 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
Bozzyironlady:
It's a long read with lots of grammatical errors, please bear with me.

You don't even owe anybody good English. This's not an English essay writing competition.

Have you ever communicated with Chinese people online? Do they write the best English? If not, how come they're better than us that write the best English?

It is our slave mentality that have us wanting to outdo white people in their own language. We cannot be in our right state of mind and want to write a foreign language better than ours. Ironically, if you visit American or even British online forums as I do, you'll be shocked we're doing better than them in English!!.

If someone doesn't understand what you've written, then its safe to say the person don't actually understand English better than you, because if they do, they'll spot those grammatical errors themselves and correct them as they read on.

I wrote a book and decided that no other person would edit it for any errors. The best English I learned is what I'll write, and I am totally fine by that. This's a language that was given us at gun point, and if were smart the right thing to do would be to reject it.

Thank God you didn't lose your money.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Tableshaker007(m): 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hmm.......

Hello nairalanders come and see how to make money ooooo...... Just dm on WhatsApp: 08029931533

Serious minded people only
Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by TheStarsAlign: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
Duggedised12:

Haaa! It's too much now. She's only human. Besides, we all have some elements of greed in us. All of us.
Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by DrugXpert: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
Never do first time business with a person at neutral ground. That palmgroove transaction ought to happen at their office of it is genuine and not at a neutral ground. And never at your office too because they go just jappa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
nan1:
That is their new method o I was scammed of 8,000 it could have been 20k the person called my name and said we met so so place promised civil defence job I can't believe I used my leg Waka go fidelity bank paid the money to them they told me to upload all my credentials they even sent me employment letter via text chai my eyes clear when they told me to pay for the uniforms and boots too embarassed embarassed

OH boy. See as you made me spill coffee from my mouth this early morning cheesy grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Duggedised12(f): 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
TheStarsAlign:

Haaa! It's too much now. She's only human. Besides, we all have some elements of greed in us. All of us.
yes but some tame it while others let it run wild ,the latter is what a larger population of Nigerians decided to do.

Any non-greedy sensible person would have backed down when they heard the shady deal ,OK fine, she even wanted to supply detergent ,lol abeg , lets be realistic i wont trust the op not to rip off her/his next client when conditions are favourable.

1 Like

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by GoldHorse(m): 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
Very well schemed!

.... why can't they use this same sense to conjure up some real good and legit hustle?

1 Like

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
Duggedised12:
yes but some tame it while others let it run wild ,the latter is what a larger population of Nigerians decided to do.

Any non-greedy sensible person would have backed down when they heard the shady deal ,OK fine, she even wanted to supply detergent ,lol abeg , lets be realistic i wont trust the op not the rip off her/his next client when conditions are favourable.
See the way you're talking tough, I'm just laughing at you.

For your information I'm not a greedy person, maybe when you know the true meaning of that word I'll indulge you.
Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by odikomo1(m): 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
Duggedised12:

Easy Chief Judge! greed is a natural phenomenon! 'Self discipline' makes the difference.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by murmee: 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2019
Sirbifest:
why are we silent and pretending like everything is going fine in this country, 1 Congo of Rice is now sold for 800-#1000 , from #500 within the space of few weeks, or is it until we start buying a bag of rice for 40,000 by Dec we will then voice out ?
am weak
Must you eat Rice? Is rice the only Nigerian food that you can eat? I get irritated when people lay so much emphasis on Rice and that is the reason the smuggling of rice will never stop!

1 Like

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Duggedised12(f): 1:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
Bozzyironlady:

See the way you're talking tough, I'm just laughing at you.

For your information I'm not a greedy person, maybe when you know the true meaning of that word I'll indulge you.
you are not greedy but you agreed to connive with Mrs bola to short change her boss. You even accepted to collect 70% of the deal while mrs bola collects 30% so in your mind you think Mrs bola is a fool abi? Na only you like money, mrs bola is so dumb that she will give you such a high precentage on a deal she initiatied. You even went as far as agreeing to supply detergent, so what business does a makeup artist have with detergent?because you wanted extra ontop the 70% you will collect from the over charged services.

Instead of laughing at me ,you should go and look in the mirror and do a serious introspection. You my friend are a crook and will not blink when the opportunity comes to cheat your clients. You are one of the reason this country is like this.We keep complaining every day but here you are willing to cheat another person but you skipped that part and want to play victim.

Lets assume it was real ,how do you think Mrs bola's boss will feel? In the eyes of the law you are nothing but an accomplice.Think on that.

5 Likes

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by eagleeye2: 1:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
The pastor man in this story is the highest red flag. I do get these calls from time to time.
Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Duggedised12(f): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2019
odikomo1:

Easy Chief Judge! greed is a natural phenomenon! 'Self discipline' makes the difference.
Exactly, will you as a person do business with a person like the OP? Answer that with all honesty.

1 Like

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by MrFly(m): 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
u were about being duped cos ur greedy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Using Wire To Steal From Tithe Box In Anglican Church Port Harcourt, Caught / Alhaji Afeez Imoleayo Charmed US-Based Friend, Took Over His Wife, Children / 20 Year-old Onitsha House Maid Hacked To Death For Refusing Sex With Boss’s Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.