Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today (53694 Views)

New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact / How I Escaped Being Duped In Ibadan Today / Lists Of Scammers On Telegram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by konkonbilo(m): 8:39am On Oct 13, 2019
Bozzyironlady:
It's a long read with lots of grammatical errors, please bear with me.

8:30am, a number called my business line saying his name was Mr Wale that he knows me and wants to introduce me to a church member who wants to make an inquiry about make up, and he asks if I was something something touch that he couldn't remember the name again, truly my company's name has touch on it. So he asked if I had a pen and paper to take down the woman's number that I should call her immediately, then get back to him.

So I called the said woman, she was all prayerful thanking me, praising me and I was awed.

She said the company where she works are in need of a makeup artist, that they are celebrating their 25th anniversary and they want to do a beauty pageant.

the woman who was doing it for them before is sick and she's indisposed at the moment, so Mr Wale recommended me and the way he spoke of me she knew I'll be very good with the job

She also wants me and her to do a back door deal, that I should tell the boss of the company that each contestants makeup will cost nothing less than 50k each and when the boss agrees to it that we'll both share it 70% to me and 30% to her, so I agreed.

She told me to send the complete name of my company and it's address that she's drafting a letter to send to her boss and she'll call me back in a minute.

She called five minutes later, saying her boss has agreed to meet me, that I should dressed cooperate and classy and should wait for his call to schedule a meeting.

Now the scam part.
She said there was a deal she and the other woman(the sick woman that does their makeup before) usually do, that there's a cleaning agent they use for the walkway, so as the contestants not to fall on stage and when the boss ask of this product I should tell him the price is 140k the change on it, we'll both share it and she's going to send the number of the supplier to me so as to discuss more on it.

I called the number his name was pastor peter, he said the product per gallon is 100k and that was the final price, so I thought to myself since there's 40k on top, then the price is fair.

I called Mrs bola to inform her of my discussion with the supplier, she said its a fair price too and that i should await the call of her boss.

Five minutes went to twenty minutes to almost an hour no call from her boss, so I called her to let her know I've not seen her bosses call, she told me to hold on that she'll call him now maybe he's in a meeting. A minute later he called, we talked about the things that will be needed for the contestants to make them glow and more beautiful on that day, to my surprise he agreed on the price.

The first red flag.
He brought up the issue of the cleaning agent and to be sincere I wasn't really interested in that aspect of the job but since she wanted me to do it, I had to oblige her.

He said my sister(mrs bola) talked about the cleaning agent and she's giving him the guarantee that I was supplying the best and it's made in Germany, that when I'm coming to his office I should bring a sample that he will like to see it for him self.

I called Mrs bola, told her everything we discussed. she advised I call the supplier and I should try to work a deal with him. I called the supplier to please give me a sample that I promise we'll be buying 30 gallons of it, he said he can't that Nigerians are not to be trusted, I told him I understand that he should please work out something for me. He said i should call him in the next five minutes that he wants talk to his boss.

I called him five minutes later, he said his boss has agreed in the condition that I deposit half the money, if my client doesn't like it my money will still be refunded to me. I called Mrs bola, informed her about the discussion the supplier and I had, she said I was smart and that I was going to go places with my level of intelligence and in fact the job is mine, I was so happy and fulfilled.

I called the supplier and we agreed to meet at palmgroove junction and I was going to pay him 50k.
On my way to palmgroove, I boarded a bus. The bus wasn't filled up so I sat and waited, Mrs bola called few minutes later to know how far with things I told her I was already on my way in fact I am in the bus as I'm talking to her, she said I should let her know immediately I'm with the product.

Few minutes, the bus moved I felt a cold wind blew me and I realized my self and started thinking about the whole thing. I alighted from the bus with the excuse that I forgot something at home.

47minutes later Mrs bola kept calling me, asking how far I told her I was there, that I've not seen the supplier.

She called and called and called, but I kept telling them I was there and I didn't not see them.
Maybe they realized I knew they were scammers, but they've stopped calling me, not after I made sure I wasted their own time and airtime.

SO NIGERIAN BEAUTY ARTIST, PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND BEWARE OF SCAMMERS.
IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, ITS A SCAM.
Exact same people called me 3 weeks ago and I actually felt for it.. Though the money I paid was 10k, I sent it to that useless man called the supplier. What there do is that they get our numbers from instagram and other social media platforms. The man used photography to penetrate me and I actually faulted myself because I wasn't patient, it was after I sent the 10k I realized I was scammed when the supplier told me the money was too small after we have agreed that amount. And another thing that made me fell for it was the fact that the first man that called said it was pastor and even called my name, though I have one pastors have shot various time and was thinking he was the one that wanted to give me another job. We learn everyday sha, have learnt my lesson.

1 Like

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Greatzeus(m): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2019
Tableshaker007:
Hmm.......

Hello nairalanders come and see how to make money ooooo...... Just dm on WhatsApp: 08029931533

Serious minded people only
Start with your long list of Poverty ridden family members first scammers.

1 Like

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Greatzeus(m): 9:22am On Oct 13, 2019
ElectofGod:
When Mrs Bola said you are were smart;little did she know she was prophesying your end moves!
Not your fault at all...the whole process looked like something obtainable in a dishonest clime.
Not to worry about your airtime and taxi fare...You are an industrious and diligent and very soon a sincere huge opportunity would open up to you and your would be blessed.
Keep at it!
Is it you talking or your konji,take it easy with the flattery biko,you figured all this things about her just from the post above? Na wa oh,some men dey fall hands sha undecided better go jerk off so as to come back your senses,mumu undecided

1 Like

Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by Tableshaker007(m): 6:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
Greatzeus:

Start with your long list of Poverty ridden family members first scammers.
Are you looking for like or do you wanna sound funny..... Please be sensible you are older than me so am the one suppose to be acting like the way you are behaving not you please be very very sensible or go and do sense transplant..... Fool ...
Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by ubcandid(m): 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
RhemaDavids:
See the long Process someone imagined just to scam 50k, if he puts this idea in something else I believe he would be very successful

Very easy to say. You think the plethora of businesses out there weren't on well thought ideas/ hypothesis till they faced the true music?
Re: New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today by NiCurious: 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
The scam part did NOT start with the cleaning agent. It started when you agreed to a back door deal. She was testing your fallibility, and you fell.
Here's a piece of wisdom for you: those who are willing to scam, are likely to fall for scams, themselves. She got you (almost).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alhaji Afeez Imoleayo Charmed US-Based Friend, Took Over His Wife, Children / Perry The Tiktok Girl Speaks Out After She Was Beaten By Cultists In Edo (Video) / Man Murdered In Front Of His Family In Rivers State (Graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.