Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England (217013 Views)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 9:11am On Jun 01, 2023
Reports out of Argentina are saying the deal for McAllister is almost done.. Just a few things to hash out.. If they are to be believed, we will announce him in June...

We're also strongly linked to Thuram and Manu Kone...
Jim Ratcliffe owns Nice and is trying to buy into Man U, I don't know if he will sell to Liverpool but since he hasn't worked out anything with the Glazers towards buying , I'm optimistic it won't affect a deal...
I don't know how I feel about Kone though, clearly has potential, but has been underwhelming...

Also, we're reportedly talking with Van de Ven... Who Jon brought to Woflsburg, so I'll tale this one with a pinch of salt...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 4:39pm On Jun 01, 2023
AnfieldFan:
Reports out of Argentina are saying the deal for McAllister is almost done.. Just a few things to hash out.. If they are to be believed, we will announce him in June...

We're also strongly linked to Thuram and Manu Kone...
Jim Ratcliffe owns Nice and is trying to buy into Man U, I don't know if he will sell to Liverpool but since he hasn't worked out anything with the Glazers towards buying , I'm optimistic it won't affect a deal...
I don't know how I feel about Kone though, clearly has potential, but has been underwhelming...

Also, we're reportedly talking with Van de Ven... Who Jon brought to Woflsburg, so I'll tale this one with a pinch of salt...

Was just about to drop the news on McAllister ..

who's that player we're linked too from monchenglabach??
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2023
Silentgroper:

Was just about to drop the news on McAllister ..

who's that player we're linked too from monchenglabach??

Kone... Plays in a Pivot for them, so can pair Trent in the Pivot if Klopp keeps inverting him. In essence, can sub Fabinho.. Also affords Thiago rest and let's not forget, Bajcetic...

If Klopp can get him to play to his best, we will be getting a physical midfield (+McAllister &Thuram) who can bully and assert their physicality.... Something we didn't have this season asides early season Thiago...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2023
Jodera:

Big Legend.

This is someone who made me enjoy you guys' attack with his football intelligence, Iq and unselfishness.

Anybody who loves Liverpool during Klopp's era must love Firmino except him no follow Una matches consistently.

Proper legend!!

If you loved Bobby, then you will love Gakpo too... The most stylistically similar player to Bobby in the league, not as much flair though.... Which makes me think Klopp envisaged Bobby leaving, because we all thought we were getting a winger when he bought Gakpo grin grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2023
Good to be back....School Programme nor let me see road, belated sendoff to our departed players especially Bobby my favorite... Si senor
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 8:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
AnfieldFan:

Kone... Plays in a Pivot for them, so can pair Trent in the Pivot if Klopp keeps inverting him. In essence, can sub Fabinho.. Also affords Thiago rest and let's not forget, Bajcetic...

If Klopp can get him to play to his best, we will be getting a physical midfield (+McAllister &Thuram) who can bully and assert their physicality.... Something we didn't have this season asides early season Thiago...
how did we not scout for the likes of this kone and Thurman last seaso,. Instead having to purchase an unplayable arthur..

I hope these player are/ do not get injury prone..

I hope we keep some of the existing midfielders for squad depth and rotation in the middle..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2023
AnfieldFan:

If you loved Bobby, then you will love Gakpo too... The most stylistically similar player to Bobby in the league, not as much flair though.... Which makes me think Klopp envisaged Bobby leaving, because we all thought we were getting a winger when he bought Gakpo grin grin

not all of us. I knew gakpo was going be stationed at the middle since Nunez wasn't doing well there..

I read somewhere where KLOPP was describing how best to play Nunez he said Nunez loves to tilt to the left and all that.. So the moment gakpo was being bidded for , I knew the middle was where KLOPP would have him fixed....
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
CAPdan21:
Good to be back....School Programme nor let me see road, belated sendoff to our departed players especially Bobby my favorite... Si senor

And for the departing ones like cavalho😁😁😁
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2023
what's the deal with cavalho btw..

I'm not following on the whole story
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 6:10am On Jun 02, 2023
Silentgroper:
what's the deal with cavalho btw..

I'm not following on the whole story
Liverpool have rejected the notion of selling Carvalho and will only entertain loan deals!
However, if the club is left with no option than selling,a buy back clause will be inserted!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 9:07am On Jun 02, 2023
openmine:

Liverpool have rejected the notion of selling Carvalho and will only entertain loan deals!
However, if the club is left with no option than selling,a buy back clause will be inserted!

perfect...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2023
Silentgroper:

not all of us. I knew gakpo was going be stationed at the middle since Nunez wasn't doing well there..

I read somewhere where KLOPP was describing how best to play Nunez he said Nunez loves to tilt to the left and all that.. So the moment gakpo was being bidded for , I knew the middle was where KLOPP would have him fixed....

Nunez is a striker albeit one who prefers playing the left channels... His pace makes him a nice option to have on the wings too.. Basically, though his dribbling and close control are average, his blistering pace is enough to burn fullbacks and that in itself makes up for other slight deficiencies..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2023
Silentgroper:
how did we not scout for the likes of this kone and Thurman last seaso,. Instead having to purchase an unplayable arthur..

I hope these player are/ do not get injury prone..

I hope we keep some of the existing midfielders for squad depth and rotation in the middle..

If injuries are your fears, then they aren't injury prone. Check FBref and transfermarkt for their minutes and availability...

The deeper issue is that Kone so far has been inconsistent in his performances.. We are getting a very raw player with potential and if we want to get the best out of him, we really need him here for Pre-season to work out some kinks....

Kone plays as part of a double pivot and is press resistant... Think of Thiago receiving the ball from the defence and turning..His tall and phyical which means he's not a player that gets bullied of the ball easily like Fabinho has been this season.. Being press resistant, he's also a good dribbler in tight spaces so he won't be booting the ball everytime at the first sign of trouble.. He's tidy in possession (during the build up phase), but his progressive passes are lacking- This is why
he's best suited as a 6 as opposed to an 8 of some kind..
On the defensive side, he doesn't shirk his responsibilities and is capable of putting in a tackle when needed.. With his size, he's capable of contesting gound duels without being outmuscled..
Something to note though is that despite his height, he doesn't win a lot of aerial balls which is something to be concerned about...

Thuram on the other hand has had a better season, he's benefited from being a deep player to becoming a CM.. His progressive passing is better than Kone which makes sense as to why he's now a CM..
Thuram is also a good dribbler when he's running up the pitch so he isn't averse to having the ball on his feet ... He's tall and physical too so we won't have a midfielder that gets bullied off the ball....
Something to note though is that for his height, he's also not impressive aerially... Something we would need to work on during pre-season... Defensively, he used to play as a 6 so he's not shy to put in tackles when he feels the need to...

MacAllister we know already so i won't bother..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2023
CAPdan21:

Welcome back...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2023
It's not per 90.. It's done this way so we can Know their availability..

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
AnfieldFan:

If injuries are your fears, then they aren't injury prone. Check FBref and transfermarkt for their minutes and availability...

The deeper issue is that Kone so far has been inconsistent in his performances.. We are getting a very raw player with potential and if we want to get the best out of him, we really need him here for Pre-season to work out some kinks....

Kone plays as part of a double pivot and is press resistant... Think of Thiago receiving the ball from the defence and turning..His tall and phyical which means he's not a player that gets bullied of the ball easily like Fabinho has been this season.. Being press resistant, he's also a good dribbler in tight spaces so he won't be booting the ball everytime at the first sign of trouble.. He's tidy in possession (during the build up phase), but his progressive passes are lacking- This is why
he's best suited as a 6 as opposed to an 8 of some kind..
On the defensive side, he doesn't shirk his responsibilities and is capable of putting in a tackle when needed.. With his size, he's capable of contesting gound duels without being outmuscled..
Something to note though is that despite his height, he doesn't win a lot of aerial balls which is something to be concerned about...

Thuram on the other hand has had a better season, he's benefited from being a deep player to becoming a CM.. His progressive passing is better than Kone which makes sense as to why he's now a CM..
Thuram is also a good dribbler when he's running up the pitch so he isn't averse to having the ball on his feet ... He's tall and physical too so we won't have a midfielder that gets bullied off the ball....
Something to note though is that for his height, he's also not impressive aerially... Something we would need to work on during pre-season... Defensively, he used to play as a 6 so he's not shy to put in tackles when he feels the need to...

MacAllister we know already so i won't bother..
From what I've seen on both of them I'd prefer Kone...Thuram from what I've seen lacks composure on the ball and is not very press resistant, he's seems to be better creatively and has a nice long pass tho...With MacAllister coming in, we need a mildfielders with engine who's also press resistant...Even with all the talk about Bellingham I'd have preferred Tchoumeni by a long way..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
CAPdan21:

From what I've seen on both of them I'd prefer Kone...Thuram from what I've seen lacks composure on the ball and is not very press resistant, he's seems to be better creatively and has a nice long pass tho...With MacAllister coming in, we need a mildfielders with engine who's also press resistant...Even with all the talk about Bellingham I'd have preferred Tchoumeni by a long way..

Explain the bolded more..

If it's a case of we can only get one, then Kone would be my pick too.. Not necessarily because he's the better player but because we need a 6 more than a Cm right now; also a 6 who's press resistant...Thiago as good as he is is always 5 matches away from an injury..Kone will afford him more rest....
Fab and Hendo won't spend more than 2 seasons with us after next season so there's obviously space for new players, with this in mind, we would do well to cop both now then know we would have sorted our midfield for at least 5 years (Bajcetic, Jones, maybe Tyler and any other possible fringe player we may or may not acquire within that time frame).

Elliot, if he remains may just fight out that RW with Doak in our forward lines.. I hope Klopp integrates both slowly over the next two seasons to find out who will be long-term like he did with Trent and Gomez...

Our defense is looking light (with the rumours of Philips and Matip leaving) but one CB addition can hold for 3 seasons at least... Sepp could be recalled but he's had injury issues this season at Schalke and I don't know if it will be a recurring theme with him... He played only about 700 minutes in the Bundlesliga...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 9:04am On Jun 03, 2023
AnfieldFan:

If it's a case of we can only get one, then Kone would be my pick too.. Not necessarily because he's the better player but because we need a 6 more than a Cm right now; also a 6 who's press resistant...Thiago as good as he is is always 5 matches away from an injury..Kone will afford him more rest....
Fab and Hendo won't spend more than 2 seasons with us after next season so there's obviously space for new players, with this in mind, we would do well to cop both now then know we would have sorted our midfield for at least 5 years (Bajcetic, Jones, maybe Tyler and any other possible fringe player we may or may not acquire within that time frame).

Elliot, if he remains may just fight out that RW with Doak in our forward lines.. I hope Klopp integrates both slowly over the next two seasons to find out who will be long-term like he did with Trent and Gomez...

Our defense is looking light (with the rumours of Philips and Matip leaving) but one CB addition can hold for 3 seasons at least... Sepp could be recalled but he's had injury issues this season at Schalke and I don't know if it will be a recurring theme with him... He played only about 700 minutes in the Bundlesliga...
I must have worded it wrongly...what I meant is that he's guilty of overplaying, running into traffic when a simple pass or give and go could create space...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 9:20am On Jun 04, 2023
CAPdan21:

I must have worded it wrongly...what I meant is that he's guilty of overplaying, running into traffic when a simple pass or give and go could create space...

I share the same sentiments as well.. Hopefully, all transfers or most get sorted before pre-season..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by pkasso(m): 12:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
CAPdan21:
So you be Liverpool fan?! I always thought you were a Shekpite. Seeing as you dey always drag Android17 as Eruditor on the Chelsea thread grin The other day, I was even thinking where this guy go sef. Great to see you around.

Una Liverpool fans sef just dey hide for inside here. Una no dey show face outside again. I didn't even know AnfieldFan was still active. Wey Kloppo sef? grin E get another one wey dey constitute serious nuisance that year, I can't remember his moniker.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2023
pkasso:
So you be Liverpool fan?! I always thought you were a Shekpite. Seeing as you dey always drag Android17 as Eruditor on the Chelsea thread grin The other day, I was even thinking where this guy go sef. Great to see you around.

Una Liverpool fans sef just dey hide for inside here. Una no dey show face outside again. I didn't even know AnfieldFan was still active. Wey Kloppo sef? grin E get another one wey dey constitute serious nuisance that year, I can't remember his moniker.
Thanks Lol...We dey save all our firepower for next season, make guardiola try lose Ucl first Sha, this section nor go contain me and that foolish Elruditor....Masters bagged, I get time for chaos now...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
AnfieldFan:

I share the same sentiments as well.. Hopefully, all transfers or most get sorted before pre-season..
I hope...It's just annoys me that this season outcome could have been avoided with proper planning....I watched Mancity overpower us in midfield both meetings the previous season same against Inter and Villarreal in the Ucl, we scaled through those matches due to our offensive firepower, it was clear we could not match those teams in ENERGY and for some reason we went into the season with no midfield addition and hospital attendants ( I'm looking at you Ox, Keita and Thiago) as midfielders....Hope they learn from this sha
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by pkasso(m): 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
CAPdan21:

Thanks Lol...We dey save all our firepower for next season, make guardiola try lose Ucl first Sha, this section nor go contain me and that foolish Elruditor....Masters bagged, I get time for chaos now...
Lmao. This guy! grin Congrats on the Master's, bro. Greater heights awaits.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
AnfieldFan:

About Trent .. In that space of 5years, he should've gotten a spot in that midfield ..

I mean KLOPP has to..

I hope we are scouting for RBs..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by pkasso(m): 10:12am On Jun 06, 2023
So nobody fit change the title of this thread abi? Who dash una Champions of England? Since 2021, you people have been living a lie. Man City fans on NL suppose carry una go court.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 2:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
Silentgroper:

About Trent .. In that space of 5years, he should've gotten a spot in that midfield ..

I mean KLOPP has to..

I hope we are scouting for RBs..
LFC are going for Fulham's RB Tete!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2023
pkasso:
So nobody fit change the title of this thread abi? Who dash una Champions of England? Since 2021, you people have been living a lie. Man City fans on NL suppose carry una go court.
Mancity get fans?.. Because we nor add 6Γ—times champions of Europe put, dey play....
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2023
He is here! cool cool cool

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 4:04pm On Jun 08, 2023
Up next Thuram smiley smiley
When we buy players,we dont make noise! cool
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
openmine:
He is here! cool cool cool

yayyyyyyt!!!!

Now it pains me we are not in the champions League ..

but bagging a treble this coming season would heal me of the pain ...

πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 3:35am On Jun 12, 2023
Hmmm

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Danielnino00(m): 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
Dominik Szoboslazi to Liverpool is a done deal!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (108) (Reply)

Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) / Manchester City Fan Thread!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.