Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,156 members, 7,821,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England (217946 Views)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
Szoboslai done...Need a DM and CB (preferably leftfooted) to complete the window now..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Passpands: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2023
Silentgroper:

not all of us. I knew gakpo was going be stationed at the middle since Nunez wasn't doing well there..

I read somewhere where KLOPP was describing how best to play Nunez he said Nunez loves to tilt to the left and all that.. So the moment gakpo was being bidded for , I knew the middle was where KLOPP would have him fixed....

Gakpo is gonna play the same role as firmino, the false 9 position. I see gakpo, Nunez and Jota playing middle while Diaz, jota and nunez play our left
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2023
Passpands:

Gakpo is gonna play the same role as firmino, the false 9 position. I see gakpo, Nunez and Jota playing middle while Diaz, jota and nunez play our left

definitely
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
CAPdan21:
Szoboslai done...Need a DM and CB (preferably leftfooted) to complete the window now..

is this player versatile?? as in can play in any midfield position...

cause he plays exactly the same position as the one we signed from Brighton..

Attacking midfielder...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2023
CAPdan21:
Nah, plus a backup RB ... and we have ourselves a complete tw ..

can't wait for the new season to start. gaddem!!!!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
Silentgroper:

Attacking midfielder...
Not exactly. Mac Alister is versatile. Can play 8,6,10. This new guy is like KDB.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
Minemrys:

Not exactly. Mac Alister is versatile. Can play 8,6,10. This new guy is like KDB.
like kdb all rounds??

but klopps tactics doesn't require the use of an A.M ..

All A.M's either play wide or as false nine for KLOPP ...

so how does this guy fits in??
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2023
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2023
Silentgroper:

Attacking midfielder...
I think this means Mac would play the withdrawn CM role responsible for ball recycling/Progression and Szoboslai as the more attack minded midfielder...Think Gundogan and KdB, another added bonus is that he can fill in at RW when necessary deputizing for salah
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2023
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by BlackManta(m): 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2023
CAPdan21:

A new CB is absolutely necessary.

We can't rely on grandpa Matip and error prone Gomez whenever Konate or VVD picks up an injury
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
CAPdan21:

I think this means Mac would play the withdrawn CM role responsible for ball recycling/Progression and Szoboslai as the more attack minded midfielder...Think Gundogan and KdB, another added bonus is that he can fill in at RW when necessary deputizing for salah

where does he fits in , in a 4-3-3

arrange the midfield using MacAlister and the new guy
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2023
BlackManta:

We can't rely on grandpa Matip and error prone Gomez whenever Konate or VVD picks up an injury

VVD is finished ...

konate, isn't getting better ...

We need fresh legs and depth at the back..

I'd still prefer a Gomez to a konate
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2023
Silentgroper:

DM(Fabinho)
RM(Szoboslai) LM(Mac)
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 10:21pm On Jun 30, 2023
Silentgroper:

VVD is finished ...

Konate that was faraway our best CB last season isn't getting better?... Don't know which match you're watching sha
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2023
CAPdan21:

Konate that was faraway our best CB last season isn't getting better?... Don't know which match you're watching sha
using prime VVD as a benchmark, rate konate...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Danielnino00(m): 11:23pm On Jun 30, 2023
Silentgroper:

He is definitely better than Gomez.... Gomez was the catalyst of some embarrassing defeat we suffered last season...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 8:11am On Jul 01, 2023
Silentgroper:
Nah, plus a backup RB ... and we have ourselves a complete tw ..

can't wait for the new season to start. gaddem!!!!

We aren't in desperate need of a RB, we have people that can cover there , also, out of possession, we still defend with a four at the back...

We need a LCB, we should realistically sell one of Robbo or Tsimikas this season if we plan to play this way (inverting Trent) but I'm too attached to both players and I guess the Manager is too...

Regarding the LCB, Colwill has impressed me most , he's young and he has premier league experience as well but Chelsea would sooner relegate than sell a promising player like that to a direct rival... Not to mention the cost, they rejected 30+ from Brighton....

So Van de Ven seems the most likely choice since we've been linked to him previously...

Gvardiol was actually Liverpool's plan from years ago but the boy exploded at Leipzig and turns out we didn't factor for that and now he's out of our price range🤣🤣...FSG🤡🤡

If Thuram makes it through the Euros, I reckon we'd sign him and have him power through from the 6 into the edge of the box with his physicality...If we sign Lavia, I don't think we will sign Thuram so we'd lose the physicality for a more technical player...Kone is almost out of the equation now as he picked up a knee injury in his last Euro's match..

All in all, we only have one non-homegrown spot left ...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 8:18am On Jul 01, 2023
Silentgroper:

First of, 433 on paper.. With Trent inverting, he would have the same heatmap Hendo had.. Which means he would operate high up the right side , McAllister on the other hand would be the LCM operating in the half spaces if we're in possession... Think of Szoboszlair as a Hendo replacement...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 8:19am On Jul 01, 2023
Silentgroper:

VVD is finished ...

Are you for or against us?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 8:19am On Jul 01, 2023
Silentgroper:

No defender compares to prime VVD so this is irrelevant...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 9:02am On Jul 01, 2023
Silentgroper:
like kdb all rounds??

but klopps tactics doesn't require the use of an A.M ..

All A.M's either play wide or as false nine for KLOPP ...

so how does this guy fits in??
You forget Klopp managed Gundogan. Come to think of it, I bet he must have learnt something from last season. Gegen pressing doesn't always work. It's high time he changed something. Play more like Manchester City. Not full throttle.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 9:10am On Jul 01, 2023
AnfieldFan:

We aren't in desperate need of a RB, we have people that can cover there , also, out of possession, we still defend with a four at the back...

We need a LCB, we should realistically sell one of Robbo or Tsimikas this season if we plan to play this way (inverting Trent) but I'm too attached to both players and I guess the Manager is too...

Regarding the LCB, Colwill has impressed me most , he's young and he has premier league experience as well but Chelsea would sooner relegate than sell a promising player like that to a direct rival... Not to mention the cost, they rejected 30+ from Brighton....

So Van de Ven seems the most likely choice since we've been linked to him previously...

Gvardiol was actually Liverpool's plan from years ago but the boy exploded at Leipzig and turns out we didn't factor for that and now he's out of our price range🤣🤣...FSG🤡🤡

If Thuram makes it through the Euros, I reckon we'd sign him and have him power through from the 6 into the edge of the box with his physicality...If we sign Lavia, I don't think we will sign Thuram so we'd lose the physicality for a more technical player...Kone is almost out of the equation now as he picked up a knee injury in his last Euro's match..

We really don't have cover at RB. Gomez is not consistent. We aren't selling any of our back 4.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2023
BlackManta:

Didn't know you were a Liverpool fan.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Danielnino00(m): 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
Minemrys:

We really don't have cover at RB. Gomez is not consistent. We aren't selling any of our back 4.

Our CB options going into the season doesn't look too good IMO... VVD appears to be off his sort since that injury .. Konate and Matip are injury prone..Gomez is inconsistent... We need a CB that can play RB too...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
Danielnino00:

Our CB options going into the season doesn't look too good IMO... VVD appears to be off his sort since that injury .. Konate and Matip are injury prone..Gomez is inconsistent... We need a CB that can play RB too...
We really shouldn't have needed a CB if Klopp had treated Phillips right last season. Looking at it, we really don't have CB right now cause Gomez, Matip and Konate are one injury away from a real crisis.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2023
AnfieldFan:

I don't agree with us not being in desperate need of RB ...

what if Trent gets fatigued, injured .... who replaces him ...

please don't mention gomez ... it's high time he even starts looking for a new club ..

He has done his bit and he's highly appreciated.. but he should come and be going. Not to forget gomez is also injury prone.

Boss. we desperately need a Trent-like RB with spectacular defensive qualities..

But this Trent inverting formation would take a heavy toll on whoever plays Lb ..

Imagine robbo has overlapped on attack, getting dispossessed he has to go Barry Allen (flash) back to defense position i.e running back with the speed of light..

A team that plays fast counter attacking football go do us strong thing with this tactics.

I'd reckon, the Rcb covers trent whilst the DM falls back to a CB position... if not, we go dey hear am ooo ..

KLOPP better finds a way around this ..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Danielnino00(m): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
Minemrys:

We really shouldn't have needed a CB if Klopp had treated Phillips right last season. Looking at it, we really don't have CB right now cause Gomez, Matip and Konate are one injury away from a real crisis.
Looks like Philips will be leaving, so he definitely needs replacing... Konate seem to be our best CB for now, but the injuries are becoming much... Matip seem to undergo his own injury crisis when our regular CB are injured too.. As for Gomez, the least said, the better...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Danielnino00(m): 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
Silentgroper:

I don't agree with us not being in desperate need of RB ...

what if Trent gets fatigued, injured .... who replaces him ...

please don't mention gomez ... it's high time he even starts looking for a new club ..

He has done his bit and he's highly appreciated.. but he should come and be going. Not to forget gomez is also injury prone.

Boss. we desperately need a Trent-like RB with spectacular defensive qualities..

But this Trent inverting formation would take a heavy toll on whoever plays Lb ..

Imagine robbo has overlapped on attack, getting dispossessed he has to go Barry Allen (flash) back to defense position i.e running back with the speed of light..

A team that plays fast counter attacking football go do us strong thing with this tactics.

I'd reckon, the Rcb covers trent whilst the DM falls back to a CB position... if not, we go dey hear am ooo ..

KLOPP better finds a way around this ..

If we get Thuram, then Trent in midfield won't be a regular thing...It won't make sense anyway.. At least not in the starting formation.. during the game, he can drift into midfield...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 9:36pm On Jul 01, 2023
Minemrys:

You forget Klopp managed Gundogan. Come to think of it, I bet he must have learnt something from last season. Gegen pressing doesn't always work. It's high time he changed something. Play more like Manchester City. Not full throttle.
couldnt agree more..

I think I've seen gundogan play false 9 under pep .. I'm pretty sure that's what he played under klopp
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
Danielnino00:

If we get Thuram, then Trent in midfield won't be a regular thing...It won't make sense anyway.. At least not in the starting formation.. during the game, he can drift into midfield...

" if "

what if we don't, we gotta make plans for that too, you know...

Trent drifting into midfield was what got us back into the game late last season...

I'd say we move forward with this tactics whilst finding solution to the defensive.

Well like you said Trent wouldn't need to drift into midfield if we get a proper midfielder ..

But Trent is still poor defensively and therefore still needs a backup..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by BlackManta(m): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
Minemrys:

Didn't know you were a Liverpool fan.

I've been a fan since 2005

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (108) (Reply)

Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) / Manchester City Fan Thread!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.