Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England (230173 Views)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (116) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by uniqueuser(m): 1:13pm On Aug 01, 2022
I have this feeling we're going to contend with injuries this season.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 8:53am On Aug 03, 2022
uniqueuser:

Asides last season, I can't think of any we
haven't contended with injuries since the Klopp era...So Injuries will happen, but we will still pull through... Why, because we are the mentality monsters....
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 9:03pm On Aug 03, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Asides last season, I can't think of any we
haven't contended with injuries since the Klopp era...So Injuries will happen, but we will still pull through... Why, because we are the mentality monsters....
We really should get quality back ups.. Dz season is going to be a tough one oo. Any little fvck ups, we'd be slipping down the table oo
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2022
Our defense though, CBs to be precise... gomez, vvd, matip, konate and nat phillips..
Remove vvd and matip 4rm that list and we're fvcked.. Gomez is abt d only solid one there.. Konate slip ups will cost us, no be small.. We need at atleast a quality CB in d absence of vvd and matip to strengthen our backline..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 7:07am On Aug 04, 2022
PrinceofAgoAre:
Our defense though, CBs to be precise... gomez, vvd, matip, konate and nat phillips..
Remove vvd and matip 4rm that list and we're fvcked.. Gomez is abt d only solid one there.. Konate slip ups will cost us, no be small.. We need at atleast a quality CB in d absence of vvd and matip to strengthen our backline..
And you think said quality CB go want sit down for bench?
Look, these guys slip up but when we want them to do the job, they will with the help of the team and fans. Come on, we made top 4 playing with Philips and Williams.
Give Gomez regular games and he will be good and confident. Konate only needs to be paired with a senior to gain confidence. The guy is still a young boy.
Besides, I think it's up to Klopp to play to the pattern of specific players.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 8:37am On Aug 04, 2022
Minemrys:

And you think said quality CB go want sit down for bench?
Look, these guys slip up but when we want them to do the job, they will with the help of the team and fans. Come on, we made top 4 playing with Philips and Williams.
Give Gomez regular games and he will be good and confident. Konate only needs to be paired with a senior to gain confidence. The guy is still a young boy.
Besides, I think it's up to Klopp to play to the pattern of specific players.
Yep...Gomez was the partner of VVD when we won the league with the best defensive records, konate performed superbly towards the end of last season that he even started the CL final and Nat has been solid for us anytime he's been called upon....think last 2 seasons and CL group stages against Milan last season, I don't know where all this complaints and criticism are coming from tbh, which club has three world class CB sef... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 10:07am On Aug 04, 2022
We have no problem in defence, our defence is rock solid. Saying our defence needs reinforcement is looking for wahala were there is none.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2022
CAPdan21:

Yep...Gomez was the partner of VVD when we won the league with the best defensive records, konate performed superbly towards the end of last season that he even started the CL final and Nat has been solid for us anytime he's been called upon....think last 2 seasons and CL group stages against Milan last season, I don't know where all this complaints and criticism are coming from tbh, which club has three world class CB sef... undecided undecided

I'm pretty certain with what I've seen that a defense of Konate and Matip will be able to finish second...That boy's recovery pace is crazy...He loses concentration here and there but since our finals and leading up to that, then all through pre -season, he's been solid...

The only addition I would be happy with right now would be Barella and even he wouldn't be guaranteed a first team place.....

The team is as balanced as it needs to be right now...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2022
Konate injured...will miss start of season
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
CAPdan21:
Konate injured...will miss start of season

Yea...Speedy recovery..We are solid in defense...

Predicted team line up 2moro??
Kloppo
Minemrys
Openmine
Silentgroper
Uniqueuser
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 1:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Kloppo
Minemrys
Openmine
Silentgroper
Uniqueuser
I think same starting 11 as against city, just Ali replacing Adrian...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by uniqueuser(m): 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Kloppo
Minemrys
Openmine
Silentgroper
Uniqueuser

Allison; TAA,Matip,VVD,Robbo; Fab,Thiago, Henderson; Diaz,Nunuz and the Egyptian King
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Klop po
Mine mrys
Open mine
Silentg roper
Unique user

Allison; TAA,Matip,VVD,Robbo; Fab,Thiago, keita; Diaz,Nunez,Salah

Watching the friendlies,one thing I notice is keita always trying to find Nunez with some through-balls....I think keita might cook this season bar injuries
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sadio Mane!!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
CAPdan21:

I think same starting 11 as against city, just Ali replacing Adrian...
Supported!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Kloppo
Minemrys
Openmine
Silentgroper
Uniqueuser
Adrian, Trent, Matip, VVD, Robbo, Elliott, Henderson, Fabinho, Diaz, Firmino Salah.

Alisson shouldn't walk into the team immediately. He hasn't been that good.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
Minemrys:

Adrian, Trent, Matip, VVD, Robbo, Elliott, Henderson, Fabinho, Diaz, Firmino Salah.

Alisson shouldn't walk into the team immediately. He hasn't been that good.

Best goal keeper of last season hasn't been that good grin grin grin
Na you know wetin your own good be grin grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 12:11am On Aug 06, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Best goal keeper of last season hasn't been that good grin grin grin
Na you know wetin your own good be grin grin
In pre season. And I hate this idea of rushing him to the starting eleven when Adrian has done quite well. There should be an actual competition.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 7:16am On Aug 06, 2022
Minemrys:

In pre season. And I hate this idea of rushing him to the starting eleven when Adrian has done quite well. There should be an actual competition.

He's the no. 1 goal keeper in the world, saves us a ridiculous amount of points every season....He goes straight in anytime he's fully recovered... There's no competition with Allison, same way there's no competition with Virgil, or Arnold or Salah ....
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by uniqueuser(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2022
uniqueuser:
Thiago's Injured! Probably Hamstring.

Ibrahima Konate, Naby Keita, Curtis Jones, Kostas Tsimikas, Diogo Jota, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Calvin Ramsay, Caoimhin Kelleher and Thiago all injured for Liverpool.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2022
AnfieldFan:

He's the no. 1 goal keeper in the world, saves us a ridiculous amount of points every season....He goes straight in anytime he's fully recovered... There's no competition with Allison, same way there's no competition with Virgil, or Arnold or Salah ....
Bros, there's competition with Arnold. Aside going forward that guy is shit in defense.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2022
Minemrys:

Bros, there's competition with Arnold. Aside going forward that guy is shit in defense.

Which RB in your opinion is excellent in defense??
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2022
Today's result happened why?

1.klopp's negligence

2. Poor midfield.

We better be looking to get a midfielder before d tw runs out.. These old tired legs wont take us all d way.

what d fvck was klopp thinking nt starting nunez or pulling bobby out early..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2022
Na this kind thing cost us d epl last season, having this kind of result against small teams...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2022
PrinceofAgoAre:
Today's result happened why?

1.klopp's negligence

2. Poor midfield.

We better be looking to get a midfielder before d tw runs out.. These old tired legs wont take us all d way.

what d fvck was klopp thinking nt starting nunez or pulling bobby out early..
Its a two way thing!
If he had started and flopped,that would have damaged his confidence and klopp would be skeptical about starting him until he gets d needed confidence!
Coming from d bench like he did against man city gave him that needed confidence and that goal will definitely land him as a starter against crystal palace!
Its just early days...we didn't lose...that would have been painful esp against a bogey team like Fulham!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2022
openmine:

Its a two way thing!
If he had started and flopped,that would have damaged his confidence and klopp would be skeptical about starting him until he gets d needed confidence!
Coming from d bench like he did against man city gave him that needed confidence and that goal will definitely land him as a starter against crystal palace!
Its just early days...we didn't lose...that would have been painful esp against a bogey team like Fulham!
Right.. I feel u bro. But he shoulda pulled him in d second half.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2022
PrinceofAgoAre:
Right.. I feel u bro. But he shoulda pulled him in d second half.
But thats exactly what klopp did unless you wanted Nunez earlier in the second half which is OK...No doubt about it,Nunez is a starter from now on!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Which RB in your opinion is excellent in defense??
Kyle Walker.
My problem with Trent is, the guy fails to improve on his weaknesses time and again. How many times has Robbo being used?

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2022
openmine:

But thats exactly what klopp did unless you wanted Nunez earlier in the second half which is OK...No doubt about it,Nunez is a starter from now on!
Yeah. Early was what i was tryna say... E better be starting.. Is firmino losing form abi na age dey age dey catch up to am.. That guy is like a shadow of himself..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 10:26pm On Aug 06, 2022
uniqueuser:

Thiago's Injured! Probably Hamstring.

Ibrahima Konate, Naby Keita, Curtis Jones, Kostas Tsimikas, Diogo Jota, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Calvin Ramsay, Caoimhin Kelleher and Thiago all injured for Liverpool.
Wahala ... Ramsay wey never play debut match for us sef don get injury.. Na wa oo.. I said it, we need more back up option in that mf position.. Naby, jones, ox and nw thiago... Lord help us.. We need quality backups, abeg oo.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2022
uniqueuser:
U felt right broda..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 10:36pm On Aug 06, 2022
I got a niggling question about arnold.

Would he flop if he gets converted to a midfielder?

why has klopp never tried him there? .. I knw southgate has and i think he did well. So i heard..

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (116) (Reply)

Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) / Manchester City Fan Thread!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.