Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. - Politics (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. (21724 Views)

Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa / Lagos GDP Is Bigger Than Rwanda, Angola. A Shame For Someone Say He Develop Lago / The Development Of Less Developed Countries Is A Strategic Threat To The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealerr: 2:11am On Oct 19, 2019
m

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by grandexpress(m): 2:18am On Oct 19, 2019
plaindealerr:
m

Rwanda has just won the Global Social Security award.
https://www.newtimes.co.rw/news/rwanda-wins-global-social-security-award

Very impressive, something Lagos can learn from.

What has Lagos ever won?

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by grandexpress(m): 2:22am On Oct 19, 2019
plaindealerr:
m
Lagos has won City with the most populous open defecation...

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealerr: 2:28am On Oct 19, 2019
h

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealerr: 2:31am On Oct 19, 2019

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by grandexpress(m): 3:36am On Oct 19, 2019
plaindealerr:

When will Lagos focus on the downtrodden majority?

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by oyatz(m): 9:17am On Oct 19, 2019
That's not the whole truth sir.

It's more appropriate to compare Nigeria with Rwanda than Lagos with Rwanda.
Even if you minus corruption, certain problems can't be effectively tackled by Lagos State Government given the current political arrangement in Nigeria.

djdutch:

The Nigerian context is world class corruption-only thing stopping Lagos from looking like Kigali with world class roads,free wifi access and transport system. Nigeria leaders are kingpins of corruption in the world and can't be rivaled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wEWDXBvVS4
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by oyatz(m): 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
I am not a fan of Buhari but I know that leaders more often than not don't belong to totally good or totally bad categories.

Even if we conceed that a leader is totally bad, we should still be happy when he does a good thing,after all a badman can still do a good thing.

FarahAideed:

Sir when it comes to Buhari I gave up on him by December 2015 , by then I knew he Had nothing absolutely nothing to offer and I was right . I am not bitter at all , I would have been the happiest man if Buhari can succeed but the truth is that his agenda in Aso Rock is far different from what we expect , that man is there to destroy Nigeria

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by oyatz(m): 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
During the last election, about 5.6 million registered to vote in Lagos and given that less than half of the eligible voters actually register to vote in most cases.
It is safe to assume that at least about 9 million eligible voters (after given allowance for 'transit voters') live in Lagos.
If you factor in those who are less than 18years,the aged, the invalids and others, then the population should be around at least 15-17 millions.

Blackvic1:
seriously you are wasting your time engaging with this people, they are used to mediocrity that they see it as normal, lagos is a failed state as well as every state in Nigeria I just wish the so called leaders can be as wicked as kagame and still provide 24hrs electricity with standard roads that doesn’t spoil after few months / years I will keep saying that we are too dumb in this country I swear , no light no water no road no health care no security and we are still clamoring for giant of Africa my foot , I have been opportuned to visit Rwanda they are miles ahead of us and for our fake 180m population that we use in making mouth abeg who counted us ? Everything about this country is filled with lies I don’t think lagos state is up to 20m who counted it and I don’t think nigeria is up to 100m till they count it head to head and the last population census was a scam
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by jamjo: 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2019
NGpatriot:

You are wrong and off base on so many level.

1. Rwanda budget is actually $3.17 billion.

2. The population in Rwanda is 12 million against 20 million in Lagos, meaning we spend more on everything due to population alone and everything that comes with.

I don't know why you people love to make ignorant comparisons just to run down and badmouth your own country.

Whether you think he is making ignorant comparison you should understand and agree with me that there is something wrong with us Nigerians you included. Please stop the excuses if you think comparing Lagos city and Rwanda is ignorant let compare River State and Imo State with Rwanda. River State is approximately 6 million with GDP of 21billion, Imo State GDP is 14billion with population of about 5 million, Rwanda has GDP of 9.8billion why Portharcourt or Owerri are shitholes compare with Kigali. It's time we Nigerians stop accepting mediocrity and giving excuses.

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2019
jamjo:

Whether you think he is making ignorant comparison you should understand and agree with me that there is something wrong with us Nigerians you included. Please stop the excuses if you think comparing Lagos city and Rwanda is ignorant let compare River State and Imo State with Rwanda. River State is approximately 6 million with GDP of 21billion, Imo State GDP is 14billion with population of about 5 million, Rwanda has GDP of 9.8billion why Portharcourt or Owerri are shitholes compare with Kigali. It's time we Nigerians stop accepting mediocrity and giving excuses.

Off-topic, the thread is about Lagos and Kigali,, not PH, Owerri and Rwanda.

There are challenges and serious social issues in every country and society including Lagos, Rwanda, US and so on, but it's still ignorant to compare Lagos with Kigali.

You can not compare Kigalii, a city with 745,261, less than 1 million with Lagos state, a state with 20 million people with humongous responsibilities and needs.

There's absolutely no bases or intelligent rational in that comparison.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by grandexpress(m): 9:35pm On Oct 19, 2019
NGpatriot:

Off-topic, the thread is about Lagos and Kigali,, not PH, Owerri and Rwanda.

There are challenges and serious social issues in every country and society including Lagos, Rwanda, US and so on, but it's still ignorant to compare Lagos with Kigali.

You can not compare Kigalii, a city with 745,261, less than 1 million with Lagos state, a state with 20 million people with humongous responsibilities and needs.

There's absolutely no bases or intelligent rational in that comparison.

You are dumb!! It seems you cannot read simple and basic English. The comparison is between Lagos and Rwanda. Olodo jati jati.

You this glorified Agbero.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 20, 2019
jamjo:

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealerr: 3:18am On Oct 20, 2019
Poor village Igbos are still ranting...suffer head losers grin grin
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 20, 2019
plaindealerr:
Poor village Igbos are still ranting...suffer head losers grin grin
Lagos state revenue used to buy $35 million dollar private jets and disappearing to politicians houses through bullion vans.

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealerr: 3:42am On Oct 20, 2019
[s]
djdutch:

Lagos state revenue used to buy $35 million dollar private jets and disappearing to politicians houses through bullion vans.
[/s]

ipob rubbish. Lagosians don't send you, they also want to know what your backward abia village governors are doing with your taxes and allocations.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 20, 2019
plaindealerr:
[s][/s]

ipob rubbish. Lagosians don't send you, they also want to know what your backward abia village governors are doing with your taxes and allocations.
Only the fantastically corrupt politicians and their children in UK,USA,UAE are enjoying. The average citizen gets zero benefit from government.

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealerr: 4:22am On Oct 20, 2019
[s]
djdutch:

Only the fantastically corrupt politicians and their children in UK,USA,UAE are enjoying. The average citizen gets zero benefit from government.
[/s]

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by oyatz(m): 6:18am On Oct 20, 2019
No matter who you vote out or vote in, Government alone can't make Nigeria great.
Citizens need to change their attitudes and worldviews.

donfineboi:

I have told you my solution. If you feel the present Govt is unable to profer solution to your basic and strategic demands you simply vote them out and vote in someone capable of doing your bidding. Why is it so hard for you to understand?

You people are just unbelievable. You want change but you vote the same inept Govt to champion the change you crave so much. And you blame people with no connection or reltion with the Govt for your lack!! You need your brains checked.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by grandexpress(m): 2:02am On Oct 21, 2019
plaindealerr:
[s][/s]

If you like don't go and pack all the shit your fellow Agbero brothers are dropping openly up and down. Be here fooling yourself.

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by grandexpress(m): 2:14am On Oct 21, 2019
oyatz:
No matter who you vote out or vote in, Government alone can't make Nigeria great.
Citizens need to change their attitudes and worldviews.

My dear. Because we have never had the right leadership in Nigeria. Leadership is the key to socio-economic advancement in any society.

If leaders set out strict laws and ensure perpetrators are punished decisively, people will change.

In Dubai there is no single police check point on the road. But road offenders are taxed with heavy fines and with cameras and other state of the art equipments traffic offenders are heavily fined.

So the average driver in Dubai is cautious and they try everything possible to avoid fines.

Policies can transform a society.

Who knew a war torn country like Rwanda would be a model for African governance? They had the right leadership that has made Rwanda a jewel in Africa.

Which country or any society on earth ever considers to emulate Lagos governance? Except from Nigeria? Imagine a King maker living fat on the resources of Lagos.? And people like that Agbero are hailing him...

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealerr: 2:48am On Oct 21, 2019
[s]
grandexpress:

My dear. Because we have never had the right leadership in Nigeria. Leadership is the key to socio-economic advancement in any society.

If leaders set out strict laws and ensure perpetrators are punished decisively, people will change.

In Dubai there is no single police check point on the road. But road offenders are taxed with heavy fines and with cameras and other state of the art equipments traffic offenders are heavily fined.

So the average driver in Dubai is cautious and they try everything possible to avoid fines.

Policies can transform a society.

Who knew a war torn country like Rwanda would be a model for African governance? They had the right leadership that has made Rwanda a jewel in Africa.

Which country or any society on earth ever considers to emulate Lagos governance? Except from Nigeria? Imagine a King maker living fat on the resources of Lagos.? And people like that Agbero are hailing him...

[/s]

These ignorant people don move from comparing Lagos with Kigali to comparing Lagos with Duba.

Dubai Budget = $15 billion

Lagos Budget = $2 billion

Dubai Population = 3 Million

Lagos Population = 20 Million

Must you ignorant ipob villagers make dumb, baseless, illogical and ignorant comparisons?

You need to stick to shitposting because apart from shit posting, you are pretty much worthless.

grin grin
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by grandexpress(m): 8:04am On Oct 21, 2019
plaindealerr:
[s][/s]

These ignorant people don move from comparing Lagos with Kigali to comparing Lagos with Duba.

Dubai Budget = $15 billion

Lagos Budget = $2 billion

Dubai Population = 3 Million

Lagos Population = 20 Million

Must you ignorant ipob villagers make dumb, baseless, illogical and ignorant comparisons?

You need to stick to shitposting because apart from shit posting, you are pretty much worthless.

grin grin

Idiot!! I was only using Dubai to prove how effective Leadership can be because I have lived there before.

You have lived all your miserable life in Lagos so to you Lagos is the height of all development.

Take a look at Rwanda and how the country transformed from a war torn country to country worthy of emulation. No Nigeria leader has ever been able to achieve such development in the history of the country. Not even your hero and demigod Tinubu.

And yet instead of you to admit and learn from Rwanda you are busy covering the true shame of Lagos with fancy buildings

A pig is still a pig! If you like give the pig wig or make up. It's still a pig!! grin grin grin cheesy

No amount of fine building structures you post can hide the rot and poor decay that still exist in Lagos. cheesy

Yeye pikin!!

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Uchek(m): 1:30am On Oct 23, 2019
I fell out my chair laughing because of your comment!

grandexpress:

Idiot!! I was only using Dubai to prove how effective Leadership can be because I have lived there before.

You have lived all your miserable life in Lagos so to you Lagos is the height of all development.

Take a look at Rwanda and how the country transformed from a war torn country to cou lntry worthy of emulation. No Nigeria leader has ever been able to achieve such development in the history of the country. Not even your hero and demigod Tinubu.

And yet instead of you to admit and learn from Rwanda you are busy covering the true shame of Lagos with fancy buildings

A pig is still a pig! If you like give the pig wig or make up. It's still a pig!! grin grin grin cheesy

No amount of fine building structures you post can hide the rot and poor decay that still exist in Lagos. cheesy

Yeye pikin!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 23, 2019
grandexpress:

Yeye pikin!!

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by dukeprince50: 4:53am On Oct 23, 2019
FamousMonk:
This is a rather biased conjecture.. This is probably the most beautiful place in the whole of Rwanda.. Let's make the comparison fair. Compare The Lagos of Nigeria with the Lagos of Rwanda..
They should compare it with Eko Atlantic or banana island
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2019
dukeprince50:
[s]They should compare it with Eko Atlantic or banana island[/s]
Rwanda as a country enjoys 24 hour electricity and world class roads, not just Kigali. The camparison is based on budget similarities.

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
djdutch:

Rwanda as a country enjoys 24 hour electricity and world class roads, not just Kigali. The camparison is based on budget similarities.

Kagame Remains A Powerful Ruler Without Power — Electricity Still A Rare Commodity In Rwanda

Kagame remains a powerful ruler without real power — as in electricity.

And without electricity, development is but a dream. The picture presented by the African Development Bank (AfDB) is not encouraging that the situation will change in the near future. AfDB is one of the major funders to Rwanda’s electricity sector.

In its September 2018 appraisal of Rwanda’s energy sector, AfDB gave a rather gloomy view. Nearly 7 million Rwandans who live in rural areas remain essentially in the dark. In other words, more than half of the country’s population don’t have electricity. These are the terms AfDB used in its September 2018 appraisal report to describe the electricity situation in Kagame’s Rwanda:

”Rwanda’s efforts to achieve universal electricity access face a number of challenges. As at the end of March 2018, about 83 % of rural dwellers had no electricity coverage. They represented about 6.9 million people…Rwanda’s investment in the electricity supply is failing to keep up…Consequently, the power system has become increasingly unreliable.

How does a country in which more than half of its population still in darkness become middle-income?

http://www.therwandan.com/kagame-remains-a-powerful-ruler-without-power%E2%80%8A-%E2%80%8Aelectricity-still-a-rare-commodity-in-rwanda/

1. Rwanda, a country with 12 million where more than half of the entire population doesn't have access to electricity, they remain essentially in the dark.

2. In rural areas, 7 million people, more than half of Rwanda is in total darkness, they are not even connected to any grid, they've never seen electricity or it's just a rare commodity.

How is a country with poor energy infrastructure where more than half of the population doesn't even have access to electricity get uninterrupted power supply?

This is what you get when unpatriotic, anti-Nigerian ignorant and illiterate people make up silly stories and unintelligent rubbish just to bad mouth their own country.

Your knowledge about Rwanda doesn't go beyond the random 2 internet pictures.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by grandexpress(m): 7:20am On Nov 12, 2019
NGpatriot:

1. Rwanda, a country with 12 million where more than half of the entire population doesn't have access to electricity, they remain essentially in the dark.

2. In rural areas, 7 million people, more than half of Rwanda is in total darkness, they are not even connected to any grid, they've never seen electricity or it's just a rare commodity.

How is a country with poor energy infrastructure where more than half of the population doesn't even have access to electricity get uninterrupted power supply?

This is what you get when unpatriotic, anti-Nigerian ignorant and illiterate people make up silly stories and unintelligent rubbish just to bad mouth their own country.

Your knowledge about Rwanda doesn't go beyond the random 2 internet pictures.

Olodo. You have never visited the international Airport at Ikeja before talkless of visiting Rwanda. You think just making silly assumptions based on sheer ignorance is noteworthy?

I have lived in Rwanda and I can tell you, every rural and urban communities are powered by electricity. I have been to the Up-country (Villages) and Kigali on vocational assignments. There are well constructed road networks and power.

Stay there they deceive yourself. Nonsense!!

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by BigIyanga: 6:17am On Dec 11, 2019
Osaze007:

Well Lagos as an extra 8-12m mouths to feed
And it doesn’t get the entire tax Rwanda gets as a nation
When companies start paying corporate profit taxes to states we can now compare
Does Lagos pay police, navy, army, national security, embassies, UN, WHO and intl agencies??

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Father Mbaka: Nigeria Is Cursed With Bad Leadership / Police Recovers Undetonated IED From Yobe Scene Of Damaturu Bomb Attack (pic) / Fulani And Eggon Riot In Bassa, Nasarawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.