Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,031 members, 7,814,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. (21719 Views)

Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa / Lagos GDP Is Bigger Than Rwanda, Angola. A Shame For Someone Say He Develop Lago / The Development Of Less Developed Countries Is A Strategic Threat To The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Area4Area: 11:03pm On Oct 12, 2019
ayokellany:
You just defined what being an IgboIPOBian is but many will argue that is not true because in Nigeria we hate the truth. If you care to verify, you will discover all those arguing that Rwanda is beta developed than Lagos are IgbosIPOBians with the exception of no other tribe but foolish people will claim you are generalizing

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Area4Area: 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
FarahAideed:

Ahh aahh ..we dey fight?
You hate Lagos so leave Lagos including millions of your type back to your region

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by FarahAideed: 11:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
Area4Area:
You hate Lagos so leave Lagos including millions of your type back to your region

Go where ? I was born in Lagos so I am a citizen by birth and by stay , by school and by tax ..You go back to Osun

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealer: 11:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
FarahAideed:

Go where ? I was born in Lagos so I am a citizen by birth and by stay , by school and by tax ..You go back to Osun

Didn't know they also have Abia in Lagos..

These Igbos sef..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Area4Area: 11:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
FarahAideed:

Citizen by birth kee you there, can you write being a Lagosian on any official document? I was born and bred in same Lagos, love my amala and ewedu so much, speak Yoruba better than most indigines and wouldn't go bad mouthing my place of birth even if I actually wish for more improvement.

I only wish people like you can be deported fast

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealer: 12:02am On Oct 13, 2019
Lagos is really beautiful I swear.

I'm sitting here watching Bling Lagosian on Netflix and extremely mesmerized.

This is a screen capture from one of the beautiful scenes...

Love Lagos...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Iriruaga100(m): 12:12am On Oct 13, 2019
A trip to Kigali will convince you that Nigeria is blessed with terrible leaders. I did same evaluation two months ago with Delta state. I was mad with ibori and his loot and share gang. Rwanda is a working country that has leaders with clear direction...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealer: 12:41am On Oct 13, 2019
Iriruaga100:
A trip to Kigali will conceive you that Nigeria is blessed with terrible leaders. I did same evaluation two months ago with Delta state. I was mad with ibori and his loot and share gang. Rwanda is a working country that has leaders with clear direction...

War on the poor? Kigali cracks down on street trade

But the future appears less bright for the thousands of street traders working in Kigali, following a new directive from the city council imposing harsh new restrictions.
"Whoever is caught peddling on the street or buying the products will (be fined) RWF10,000 ($13)," the directive announced. Traders' goods are to be confiscated.

Pressure has grown on the informal economy in recent years, although it accounts for 73% of non-agricultural employment in Rwanda and 46% of the nation's GDP.

A recent Human Rights Watch report highlights the risks for those who defy the rules. The group documented dozens of cases of vendors being arrested and detained without trial at the notorious Gikondo Transit Center, and in some instances being subjected to violence, extortion and torture.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/africa/kigali-street-traders-mpa/index.html

Kigali is actually a very very poor city with deceptive look, they actually arrest their own people and keep them off their streets to make the place look clean.

What they do to people in Kigali is what Nigerians call tyranny and war against the poor and the masses, something we won't dare contemplate to do to our own citizens just because we are trying to show the world that our streets are clean especially when in fact, a mile or 2 from the city center are slums and poverty.

It's easy to look at 2 pictures and badmouth your own country, but I can assure you, the last thing you want to do is migrate to migrate to kigali.

You people need to stop lying because it is obvious that you don't know kigali and have never been to kigali.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealer: 12:46am On Oct 13, 2019
Kigali, Rwanda’s capital, is often lauded as “Africa’s cleanest city”. The country’s 2008 ban on non-biodegradable plastic is often mentioned as a cause. Another is that on the last Saturday of every month, people across the country commit time to projects aimed at improving the country’s public spaces, in a mandatory practice called Umuganda—loosely translated as “coming together to achieve a common purpose”.

But there’s a hidden cost to Kigali’s spotless reputation, and the poorest and most vulnerable are those who pay it.

A Human Rights Watch report (pdf) released today reveals how Rwandan police arbitrarily round up and detain people they deem, in the report’s wording, “undesirable”—street vendors, prostitutes, petty criminals, beggars and street people—with the intention of keeping the streets of Kigali tidy.

https://qz.com/africa/509948/kigali-is-africas-cleanest-city-but-that-comes-at-a-heavy-price/

In their own country, they are undesirable, they can not walk on the streets of Kigali just because they want to prove to you that their city is clean.

Is this what you want in Nigeria? This silly deception?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Commentor: 1:28am On Oct 13, 2019
Plaindealer has locked this thread.

FarahAideed was once again taken to the cleaners.

Lagos deserves more yet it is the number 1 destination of every Nigerian.

Some hate it so much they can't leave it alone.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Blackvic1: 1:43am On Oct 13, 2019
donfineboi:

Since you have never left Lagos before, I don't blame you.
As far as I am concerned, most Nigerians are deluded and blatantly disoriented to understand the misrule they are experiencing. This is dueto the fact that most of them have never travelled out to see things for themselves.

I have been to Rwanda, and I am convinced that Nigerians have a very long way to go.
seriously you are wasting your time engaging with this people, they are used to mediocrity that they see it as normal, lagos is a failed state as well as every state in Nigeria I just wish the so called leaders can be as wicked as kagame and still provide 24hrs electricity with standard roads that doesn’t spoil after few months / years I will keep saying that we are too dumb in this country I swear , no light no water no road no health care no security and we are still clamoring for giant of Africa my foot , I have been opportuned to visit Rwanda they are miles ahead of us and for our fake 180m population that we use in making mouth abeg who counted us ? Everything about this country is filled with lies I don’t think lagos state is up to 20m who counted it and I don’t think nigeria is up to 100m till they count it head to head and the last population census was a scam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by livebyday(m): 1:43am On Oct 13, 2019
[s]
afroniger:

Guy, you are a well known Lagos hater so your opinion isn't worth nada. How big is Rwanda relative to Lagos? Rwanda is ruled by a sadistic dictator in the person of Kagame who does not tolerate opposition (he assisinates his critics, including those that fled Rwanda because of his dictatorial and iron fist regime), and most of the country's budget is financed by foreign donors and international bodies. You can only bamboozle your fellow ignoramuses. Rwanda is making developmental strides but I repeat that it is still nowhere near Lagos in terms of development, and you can take that to the bank.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Blackvic1: 1:58am On Oct 13, 2019
OruExpress:

you would be stupi2d to say Lagos doesnt have what you just posted lol. Nigerians and drama
comparing the resources at our disposal we are supposed to be miles ahead are you not suppose to be ashamed that after 59 years we are still dragging 4000mega watts after so many years.a country where 4g written on phones are a fake 3g with 521kb per sec everything in this country is a lie ...a whole giant of Africa has only 2 MRI machine in the whole country to serve the fake imaginary 180m .... which country in the world still does election campaign based on road electicity water and salary omg we should bury our heads in shame till we see something wrong in this and start clamoring for Changes and raise the standards high we will remain a third world country even lower than Rwanda and in the next few years we can’t compete with them anymore

5 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 2:08am On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:

During your travel to Rwanda, I'm very sure you missed all the dirty slums around Kigali, not too far from the 2 pictures in this thread.

There are better looking places and pictures in Lagos than the rubbish pictures from Rwanda in this thread.

You know the biggest problem about ignorance is insistence. Rwanda just came out from the worst Ethnic cleansing in modern history. But yet Kagame decided to MANAGE the resources available to him, turning the fortune of a war torn country into a spectacle of Economic and social growth and development.

Look at Lagos state with all its stupendous resources still looking like a lump of shit.

Management is something we Nigerians hate to understand and embrace properly. Continuously we fail to show outstanding management in both human and natural resources.

Only wish you could look at things objectively and not emotional. Until you deluded people realise that your public officials should be held accountable and responsible for their Eba politics and maladministrtation before things begin to work better.

God help you!!

3 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 2:17am On Oct 13, 2019
Blackvic1:
seriously you are wasting your time engaging with this people, they are used to mediocrity that they see it as normal, lagos is a failed state as well as every state in Nigeria I just wish the so called leaders can be as wicked as kagame and still provide 24hrs electricity with standard roads that doesn’t spoil after few months / years I will keep saying that we are too dumb in this country I swear , no light no water no road no health care no security and we are still clamoring for giant of Africa my foot , I have been opportuned to visit Rwanda they are miles ahead of us and for our fake 180m population that we use in making mouth abeg who counted us ? Everything about this country is filled with lies I don’t think lagos state is up to 20m who counted it and I don’t think nigeria is up to 100m till they count it head to head and the last population census was a scam

Well said bro. Even though they conduct population census today they will rig the result to favour one side of the country.

I left Nigeria for good this year. Nigeria is very hopeless and I see it going through the toughest challenge next year. When hyper inflation hits up again from VAT, Wage increase, VAT on online transaction, Federal Toll Gates etc...

The mumu of Nigerians and the wayo of the Government is just too much for me to handle. Imagine a nation much more interested in BBN than the political future.... God help us all....

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Blackvic1: 2:30am On Oct 13, 2019
donfineboi:

Well said bro. Even though they conduct population census today they will rig the result to favour one side of the country.

I left Nigeria for good this year. Nigeria is very hopeless and I see it going through the toughest challenge next year. When hyper inflation hits up again from VAT, Wage increase, VAT on online transaction, Federal Toll Gates etc...

The mumu of Nigerians and the wayo of the Government is just too much for me to handle. Imagine a nation much more interested in BBN than the political future.... God help us all....
everything about the country is filled with lies even the foundation was based on lies..United Kingdom 1960 was 52million and Nigeria’s was 45million then fast forward to 2019 the same uk is 67million and Nigeria is 180million considering mass Immigration to the uk from Europe Africa etc and considering high death rates in Nigeria it doesn’t make any sense... I have gone to some northern states in the past the population isn’t that much empty streets empty villages empty houses even in south west the population isn’t that much except Ibadan and lagos same with south east it’s only enugu and onitsha that has a bit of high population then the south south are few so how did we come about the 180m who counted it,in 2019 we can’t boost of portable water and 24hours Electricity and people are here fighting over apc and pdp forgetting that all this people still come together to share money and women in Abuja as Far as am concerned Rwanda is better considering they just fought a civil war few years ago with little or no resources just coffee and they are doing well for themselves technologicaly economically it has nothing to do with patriotism you give credit to where it is due

7 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by chinchum(m): 2:46am On Oct 13, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
i disagree..Our population should even make cost of manufacturing and production cheaper..Eg China and Taiwan...Study hard bro...Infact research about rwanda before u embarrass ursef Amongst intellectuals..

No pun intended..
Have you ever head of China population control policy?. One child or two children per household in urban and rural area respectively.

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Rosskiki: 4:09am On Oct 13, 2019
donfineboi:

Look at Lagos state with all its stupendous resources still looking like a lump of shit.

What ''stupendous resources''?

Dude, Nigeria is not a rich country. Lagos is not rich. Our annual national budget is 28 billion USD, with 200 million people. South Africa's annual budget is 125 billion USD, with 56 million people.

Lagos that you say has ''stupendous resources'' is home to 25 million people, with an annual budget of 2 billion dollars. Los Angeles has just 4 million people with an annual budget of 10 billion USD. Tomorrow you will visit L.A. and start asking why Lagos is not like that.

Bro, we need to diversify and expand our economic output as a nation. We don't have the kind of money you think we do, even without corruption.

As for comparisons with Kigali, it's a far smaller city, pop. 859,000. Comparing it to 25 million-strong Lagos is really the height of madness.

Even more absurd is comparing Lagos, a city, to the entire country of Rwanda, based on selected pictures from Kigali!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 4:33am On Oct 13, 2019
afroniger:

Dude, no be by force. You are free to relocate to your utopian Rwanda.
this is a rather weak argument.

Lagos can do so so much better than its doing

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 13, 2019
Rosskiki:

What ''stupendous resources''?

Dude, Nigeria is not a rich country. Lagos is not rich. Our annual national budget is 28 billion USD, with 200 million people. South Africa's annual budget is 125 billion USD, with 56 million people.

Lagos that you say has ''stupendous resources'' is home to 25 million people, with an annual budget of 2 billion dollars. Los Angeles has just 4 million people with an annual budget of 10 billion USD. Tomorrow you will visit L.A. and start asking why Lagos is not like that.

Bro, we need to diversify and expand our economic output as a nation. We don't have the kind of money you think we do, even without corruption.

As for comparisons with Kigali, it's a far smaller city, pop. 859,000. Comparing it to 25 million-strong Lagos is really the height of madness.

Even more absurd is comparing Lagos, a city, to the entire country of Rwanda, based on selected pictures from Kigali!
lol...the comparison is in order..and only Tinubu lapdogs think otherwise.
Lagos as a state has a larger budget than Rwanda a country...this is a fact.
Now Rwanda as a country pays its military, police etc and maintains its embassies on that smaller budget and still has better infrastructure than Lagos
Lagos don't pay no military, have no embassies and even gets extra projects done by the FG for it, bruh...

Lagos is GROSSLY underperforming. There should be worst cities out there, why is Lagos topping the charts in worsts cities every year?

3 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by surgical: 4:55am On Oct 13, 2019
afroniger:

Guy, you are a well known Lagos hater so your opinion isn't worth nada. How big is Rwanda relative to Lagos? Rwanda is ruled by a sadistic dictator in the person of Kagame who does not tolerate opposition (he assisinates his critics, including those that fled Rwanda because of his dictatorial and iron fist regime), and most of the country's budget is financed by foreign donors and international bodies. You can only bamboozle your fellow ignoramuses. Rwanda is making developmental strides but I repeat that it is still nowhere near Lagos in terms of development, and you can take that to the bank.
please tell us those developmental strides Lagos is making more than Rwanda

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by surgical: 5:11am On Oct 13, 2019
Blackvic1:
comparing the resources at our disposal we are supposed to be miles ahead are you not suppose to be ashamed that after 59 years we are still dragging 4000mega watts after so many years.a country where 4g written on phones are a fake 3g with 521kb per sec everything in this country is a lie ...a whole giant of Africa has only 2 MRI machine in the whole country to serve the fake imaginary 180m .... which country in the world still does election campaign based on road electicity water and salary omg we should bury our heads in shame till we see something wrong in this and start clamoring for Changes and raise the standards high we will remain a third world country even lower than Rwanda and in the next few years we can’t compete with them anymore
my brother it is the people,they have been so programmed to believe they deserve nothing,that good governance is a favour that if it pleases their leaders to give,its so pathetic that it is the same people,that should ask questions,demand accountability are the ones defending mediocrity.

6 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by VaselineCrew: 5:15am On Oct 13, 2019
Lagos that is full of open gutters?

In fact the whole Nigeria is full of open gutters.

Then they will now be wondering why the drainages get blocked. Brah! It’s not rocket science, if you have open drainages, litter will fall in and clog those drainages and the place will flood with any small rain.

Classless Nigerian leaders. They just dig hole by the side of the road and call it drainage.

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by surgical: 5:23am On Oct 13, 2019
plaindealer:

Kigali is actually a very very poor city with deceptive look, they actually arrest their own people and keep them off their streets to make the place look clean.

What they do to people in Kigali is what Nigerians call tyranny and war against the poor and the masses, something we won't dare contemplate to do to our own citizens just because we are trying to show the world that our streets are clean especially when in fact, a mile or 2 from the city center are slums and poverty.

It's easy to look at 2 pictures and badmouth your own country, but I can assure you, the last thing you want to do is migrate to migrate to kigali.

You people need to stop lying because it is obvious that you don't know kigali and have never been to kigali.

You can't spin anything here Lagos is also doing this without anything to show for it like Rwanda, what is those kai officials and vehicles used for.they even carry out their task without human feelings.
What you can do is call the attention of your party to these points raised and see if you guys can do better
But to think you can pull wool over anybody's eyes won't work
No matter how talented you are,fact is fact

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by menacetosociety: 6:43am On Oct 13, 2019
Rwanda is a rubbish country
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by EzekaUdenee: 6:50am On Oct 13, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
Plaindealer has locked this thread.

FarahAideed was once again taken to the cleaners.

Lagos deserves more yet it is the number 1 destination of every Nigerian.

Some hate it so much they can't leave it alone.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by haffaze777(m): 7:47am On Oct 13, 2019
FarahAideed:

The only person I bad mouth is Buhari because he is the worst leader ever ..I was among the idiots that voted for him in 2015 so I have a right to critic him .. Lagos is my spiritual home , I took my first breath as a human in Lagos and the city has been a great blessing to me but the truth is that these visionless politicians have raped and plundered the wealth of Lagos ..Lagos has the potential to be the most beautiful city on Earth if it's resources is left alone by that greedy man and his cartel and handed to a God fearing visionary . How can a city of 20 million not have pipe borne water and yet you say it's a place of excellence, what excellence sir ?

There is nobody that loves Lagos more than I do

dem use lie swear for u bah?

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by slimfit1(m): 8:21am On Oct 13, 2019
Area4Area:
Are you a citizen of that animal kingdom, if yes we would want to know the specie of animal you are

I'm from Oduduwa republic my man

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by OruExpress: 8:48am On Oct 13, 2019
Blackvic1:

Lagos is not lower than Rwanda. Not close. You can address your problems without being melodramatic.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:57am On Oct 13, 2019
chinchum:
Have you ever head of China population control policy?. One child or two children per household in urban and rural area respectively.
lol smh...Does that make them underpopulated?? Don't talk ignorantly please too early...

Facts on ground.. .China population vs Nigeria population. . Look at diz uncircumcised boy oooo the circumcision in diz context is education..Before u begin unzip ur trousers

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Blackvic1: 8:59am On Oct 13, 2019
OruExpress:

Lagos is not lower than Rwanda. Not close. You can address your problems without being melodramatic.
all I can say is that we should be ashamed of ourselves there’s nothing melodramatic About this...we actually have Stockholm syndrome, we are used to rubbish been dished out to us by our leaders and lagos is our almighty newyork , lagos and Abuja are pile of shit compared to other economic cities and there capitals no drainage no health system no road no light no city centers education system is 0 internet access is less to nothing , we don’t even have a 3g internet access , where a bank will go for hours and they will tell you that the internet is down, tell me 1 thing that is working in this country and I will tell you 100 that is working in Rwanda and other places

3 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Blackvic1: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2019
plaindealer:

the topic is not about who’s poor or who’s rich don’t derail , Africa as a whole has a high rate of poor people , in terms of development they are miles ahead of us...they enjoy steady power supply , high internet connectivity and who said lagos is 21million who counted it even the figure federal government and lagos state government are fighting over to show you no one actually counted it all this are political so the allocation will be increased bunch of lies and we are all living in self denial we all know nigeria is a failed state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

North-East Business Community Picks PDP Nomination Forms For Atiku Abubakar / Buhari Bags Global Integrity, Anti-Corruption Award Of Excellence (Pictures) / Buhari May Not Sack Aisha Alhassan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.