Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? (43915 Views)

How Much For A Bag Of Rice In Your Area / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area? / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area? Oseni Rufai Asks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by all4gabus(m): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
Foreign 18.5k and local 17.3k at zaria

2 Likes

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by kolafolabi(m): 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
Foreign Rice - 25k
Local Rice - 20k

2 Likes

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by candidbabe(f): 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
16800 in Northern Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by wellmax(m): 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
I'm waiting for it to get to ₦50,000. So Nigerians will remember that a time it was when rice was a ceremonial food and not a staple.

If we want to make it a staple food, then let's farm it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by mechanics(m): 10:08pm On Oct 12, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Here in Benin city I overheard a woman saying its 30k for the foreign and 26k for the local aka ofada rice.

Please this is a serious matter.

Let's hit FP. Bikonu.
The ofada rice is meant to be cheap na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by donprinyo(m): 10:08pm On Oct 12, 2019
Enjoying the Next Level?
Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by mechanics(m): 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
Ezigboune:
which place?
Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by mechanics(m): 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
William5432:
Honestly, i have gone for local rice like the president planned.

Am really enjoying it and wish they never open those borders. Our farmers are doing great and Thai rice never left them a slut.

Well, if you haven't listen to Teni's New EP "Billionaire", you're missing a lot, Download Now!
does it have stones?
Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by wellmax(m): 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
I'm waiting for it to get to ₦50,000. So Nigerians will remember that a time it was when rice was a ceremonial food and not a staple.

If we want to make it a staple food, then let's farm it.

1 Like

Ekakamba:
The last time I bought twas 8k.

Things are getting better. grin tongue
not now.
Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by Difrent: 10:10pm On Oct 12, 2019
Odesm:
Hhhhmmmmm, already we have seriously enter into one chance, in this Country.
But by December hhhhmmmmm. The price go be like 45k!!!Hhhhmmmmm, already we have seriously enter into one chance, in this Country.
But by December hhhhmmmmm. The price go be like 45k!!!
Hhhhmmmmm, already we have seriously enter into one chance, in this Country.
But by December hhhhmmmmm. The price go be like 45k!!!

By December the price go crash back to 14-15k

How?

This seasons rice would have been harvested and there will be surplus thereby crashing the price

4 Likes

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by emyguytec(m): 10:12pm On Oct 12, 2019
16000 IN ORON
Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by 4godsake: 10:13pm On Oct 12, 2019
Local rice is less than 14k in Otukpo Benue state.pls let encourage local production so that our people can be economically engaged.

5 Likes

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by William5432: 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
mechanics:
does it have stones?

There is a type that does and the other that doesn't. At a different price rate, though.
Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by mywells: 10:15pm On Oct 12, 2019
Government should provide a platform in which the youths can approach become a good agriculturalist,any one that is interested would be provided some vast of land and crops,machineries with some amount of money.

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by princemartinsG(m): 10:15pm On Oct 12, 2019
in Nigeria, since i was born, the price of commodities
don,t reduce but rather always on increase.

We can realise a Nigeria where there is abundant and cheap
commodities and food products courtesy local content.

vote the Nigeria of Our dreams.
vote Debo Martins.
Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by Coolgent(m): 10:15pm On Oct 12, 2019
Local 15k, foreign 17k
Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by Lamanii22(f): 10:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
20k naija rice.. 24k foreign

3 Likes

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by izibili44: 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
William5432:

Am really enjoying it and wish they never open those borders. Our farmers are doing great and Thai rice never left them a slut.

Well, if you haven't listen to Teni's New EP "Billionaire", you're missing a lot, Download Now!
You are re not serious.Do you think it is only Thai rice that come into nigeria?Do you know small business people like me export drinks and fruit to our neighboring countries like Benin,Togo and Ghana.It is also affecting us the exporter.

6 Likes

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by imam07: 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
William5432:

Don't worry, u go soon join others that placing curse on Buhari

4 Likes

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by patikh123(m): 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
Icecream4U:
Minimum wage 30k, one bag of rice 30k
na so we see am
Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by ayusco85(m): 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
Shibaraba:
Eeeeewooo

And I stupidly gave out a few bags to friends for my popsy remembrance. If I had known

Who ask you oga
Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by folafola(m): 10:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
17500 Naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by ABCthings: 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2019
22k, Niger state

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by Insectkiller: 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by ABCthings: 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
candidbabe:
16800 in Northern Nigeria
where

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by profmallor: 10:32pm On Oct 12, 2019
The Government is Only making Nigerian suffer more. if they were sincere, the additional revenue they have realized should be spent subsidizing the cost of at least locally grown rice. That way the Local farmer is encouraged to grow more, and the populace dont suffer so much. With people not being able to afford food, hate and crime would increase and already is. While the Politicians continue to host parties serving imported rice. This Government is proving to be callous and heartless.

5 Likes

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by osazsky(m): 10:32pm On Oct 12, 2019
ednut1:
Is there any difference in taste and texture of local and thai rice
kid so u think local rice is cheap,local rice here is btw 19k to 21500,y not add 3k and buy foreign rice before u lose one of ur teeth,just an advise though

5 Likes

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by osazsky(m): 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2019
mywells:
Government should provide a platform in which the youths can approach become a good agriculturalist,any one that is interested would be provided some vast of land and crops,machineries with some amount of money.
u still think u are in London,this is Nigeria my blother
Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by babyfaceafrica: 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2019
osazsky:
kid so u think local rice is cheap,local rice here is btw 19k to 21500,y not add 3k and buy foreign rice before u lose one of ur teeth,just an advise though
some of these local rice are very good

5 Likes

Re: How Much is a Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area?? by William5432: 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2019
izibili44:
You are re not serious.Do you think it is only Thai rice that come into nigeria?Do you know small business people like me export drinks and fruit to our neighboring countries like Benin,Togo and Ghana.It is also affecting us the exporter.

Well, for the sake of your business, i hope they reopen it. It's just that the man is pushing a support button for our indigenous products.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera / How I Made Chicken Stew Out Of The Blues. / How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.